New Endpoint: /v2/wvw/matches

in API Development

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

Sorry to snipe that post, Lawton :P

(i got something wrong and found out now…)

€€: ok, one thing about the “bonuses” object: shouldn’t it be an array of arrays in case more bonuses are being added or will bloodlust be the only one for the future?

€€€: Wait, does that even make sense? Maybe i should go to bed.

https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/wvw/matches/1-4

(edited by smiley.1438)

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

The center event status of the desert borderlands map should probably go into the bonuses array, and maybe EB merc camps. I wasn’t able to get that state plumbed through in time for HoT, but want to have that in the future. They’ll go in as objects into the bonuses array.

But yeah, this is using a bunch of new code (the implementation is parallel to the old one) to support a handful of new features. Had a rough time testing it in my dev environment, so I wanted to mess with it a bit more before announcing it. If you’re into early releases, you might also like this. Not sure it behaves correctly at daily reset though.

:3

in API Development

Posted by: darthmaim.6017

darthmaim.6017

v2/achievements/daily doesn’t show up in /v2 This is why I didn’t notice it here: https://gist.github.com/darthmaim/16ccbda1944c2d4126f9/revisions. (guess I should have read the PR again)

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Ah yeah, crap, I always forget about that.

I’ll add it in tomorrow. I’ve got some mistakes I need to clean up before we can do another API deploy.

in API Development

smiley.1438

I’m not the achievements guy, but i’m eager to play with the new wvw API as soon™ as possible.

Thanks for all the work btw!

€: Umm, now that we have that nice API, would it be possible to enable a bulk endpoint like /v1/guild_details? Would be 2 requests to get the whole data for a match – a dream!

€€: it would be even cooler if /v2/matches would contain a comma separated string of all guild IDs contained in the current response, which could then be used to get the guild data without looping through the response first.

(edited by smiley.1438)

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Hmm, adding in the unauthenticated guild bits shouldn’t be a problem — the authenticated ones are fairly bitrotted at this point (been holding off until the expansion dust settles a bit before I fix ‘em up). I’ll look into adding a bulk-expanded unauthenticated /v2/guilds next week.

Probably not gonna provide a comma-separated list of guilds though :P

in API Development

smiley.1438

Probably not gonna provide a comma-separated list of guilds though :P

#lazyness4lyfe

in API Development

Posted by: fro.8967

fro.8967

Hi Lawton,

FYI, kills/deaths seem to be broken for EU matchups. The overall kill/death stats are not present at all, and the per-map stats all report as “0”.

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Hi Lawton,

FYI, kills/deaths seem to be broken for EU matchups. The overall kill/death stats are not present at all, and the per-map stats all report as “0”.

Ick, I think I know why that is but fixing it is actually going to be really difficult. Thanks for the bug report!

in API Development

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

/v1/wvw/matches without any id passed in gives me the world ids of the worlds involved in the match, whereas /v2/wvw/matches just gives the ids.

Should I just continue to use v1 to find the match that my world is in, or will that also be added to v2?

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

/v1/wvw/matches without any id passed in gives me the world ids of the worlds involved in the match, whereas /v2/wvw/matches just gives the ids.

Should I just continue to use v1 to find the match that my world is in, or will that also be added to v2?

That functionality should still work in v1. I’ll probably add similar functionality to v2 (as a separate endpoint), though it isn’t there yet.

in API Development

Posted by: Patches.7584

Patches.7584

Hi Lawton,

Ick, I think I know why that is but fixing it is actually going to be really difficult. Thanks for the bug report!

So I just learned that my bug hunting in my own code was in the API. Thanks for the confirmation!

Keep us updated friendo. We appreciate the work you’re doing.

in API Development

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Hello Lawton,

the new kill/death counter is an awesome functionality,but the data stream seems to be inconsistent. While some of the data is added to the API value continuously, a big part of it seems to be gathered only every 4 hours. Is this the intended behavior or a bug?

As an example, I recorded the following on Saturday from 5PM GMT onwards: http://imgur.com/9AMrOvN

Edit: After looking more carefully at the map-wise breakdown of the kill counter, I’m fairly certain the calculation of the total kill/death count is bugged. For some of the values, the sum of the values for each map does not match the total.
At present, the total tier 1 blue deaths listed are 50% higher than the combined deaths from all the maps.
Given that the totals are making large unexplainable jumps and the map values are increasing smoothly, I’m assuming the issue lies with the combined numbers.

(edited by vana.5467)

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

the new kill/death counter is an awesome functionality,but the data stream seems to be inconsistent. While some of the data is added to the API value continuously, a big part of it seems to be gathered only every 4 hours. Is this the intended behavior or a bug?

That feature works by listing to the event log of the WvW coordination server — there’s a lot of places where there could be a bug. It should be noted that the event log system is best-effort: during periods of high load messages might be dropped. It’s entirely possible that we’re just losing a lot of messages.

Edit: After looking more carefully at the map-wise breakdown of the kill counter, I’m fairly certain the calculation of the total kill/death count is bugged. For some of the values, the sum of the values for each map does not match the total.

At present, the total tier 1 blue deaths listed are 50% higher than the combined deaths from all the maps.

The sums probably won’t match up — you’ll have more deaths than kills due to NPCs killing players. 50% seems a bit high though, something’s probably wrong somewhere.

Sorry for the issues with this, won’t be able to fix them until some time after launch.

in API Development

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Thank you for the quick reply!

The sums probably won’t match up — you’ll have more deaths than kills due to NPCs killing players. 50% seems a bit high though, something’s probably wrong somewhere.

Sorry for the issues with this, won’t be able to fix them until some time after launch.

Maybe Jade Quarry is just really bad at clearing camps
But in the limited data I have recorded, all these strange deaths have been accredited to another server.

Don’t worry too much about it, though.
As I mentioned, the total is the only part showing strange behaviour. As far as I can tell, purely based on their progression, the map-specific values appear to be good.

in API Development

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Seems server deaths and kills not working propertly on EU matchups (2-x)
says 0 for all servers on both kills and deaths
bug or will it be enabled on next reset for EU?

copied the following from https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/wvw/matches/2-3

“deaths”:{"red":0,“blue”-:0,“green”-:0},“kills”:{"red":0,“blue”-:0,“green”-:0}}]}

Keep up the good work
(edit added – infront of :0 for blue and green string to remove link)

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Seems server deaths and kills not working propertly on EU matchups (2-x)
says 0 for all servers on both kills and deaths
bug or will it be enabled on next reset for EU?

Can’t really fix it before HoT unfortunately. Definitely aware of it though.

in API Development

Posted by: fro.8967

fro.8967

So there was just recently (about 30 mins ago) a weird hiccup where the matches API errored out, and then suddenly the last_flipped time of every objective reset itself. Not sure if it’s something to be too concerned about or not, but I thought you guys might want to know. Also, it does seem to timeout at a fairly regular interval as well.

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Hmm, sounds like the backend server crashed and/or was restarted. The last flipped data is only tracked in-memory; I may need to serialize that out to disk.

(EDIT: Wasn’t a crash/restart. Looking deeper).

(edited by Lawton Campbell.8517)