New endpoints: achievements

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Turned on a pair of new endpoints today:

The latter requires the new “progression” API key scope (sorry!).

We’ll be making some additions to the /v2/achievements output in the future — right now we’re missing details about collection achievements, rewards for all achievements (including AP), and the per-bit strings for getting better information about the player’s progress (e.g., which dungeons you’ve completed for dungeon master).

Github thread.

in API Development

Posted by: AfterXII.2761

AfterXII.2761

I saw that, awesome job. Keep up the great work!

http://gw2shinies.com/ – A Guild Wars 2 Trading Post Service
http://gw2tno.com/ – The Nameless Ones [TNO]

in API Development

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

What?! When I asked about this just over a month ago you didn’t even know if it was possible. Lawton for President 2016!

No really though, this opens up so many cool things I can do for my guild. You’re the best.

in API Development

Kuzzi.2198

I found a bug in the Slayer achievements (ids = 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,13,16,23,24,25,26,27,28,30,31,32,33,34,36,38,39,40,41,43,44,45,46,47,48,50,51,52)

The status of all of them on my account is current=1,max=1000,done=False.

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

I found a bug in the Slayer achievements (ids = 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,13,16,23,24,25,26,27,28,30,31,32,33,34,36,38,39,40,41,43,44,45,46,47,48,50,51,52)

The status of all of them on my account is current=1,max=1000,done=False.

Oof, yeah, looks like there’s something I missed totally. Not sure why those counters aren’t reading properly.

in API Development

Kuzzi.2198

It appears that many other achievements have the same issue – not just with the counter but the done flag as well. Although, that flag might just be comparing current to max.

The current field is always stuck on either 1 (Slayer, Weaponmaster, PvP Titles) or 0 (Explorer, Dive Master, Treasure Hunter, etc.)

Some additional, potentially useful info:
Many of achievements which are stuck at current=1 actually should be completed. Is the current field being written to instead of done? For example, my completed Slayer achievements appear to have a count of 1 (instead of 1000) while the incomplete ones have the actual kill count.

in API Development

Posted by: Henahax.1706

Henahax.1706

Nice, /v2/achievements used to lead to broken dailies.
Is there an easy way to check today’s dailies? Would be a nice site or app.

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

It appears that many other achievements have the same issue – not just with the counter but the done flag as well. Although, that flag might just be comparing current to max.

Looks like my implementation neglected to take into account that counter-type achievements change their storage type when you complete them — the counter gets erased and it’s stored as a bitflag instead. I’m going to try to get this fix out for the next patch and add some more unit tests ;_;.

The done flag definitely just checks current >= max, though, so if the counter value is broken then the done flag will be too.

Nice, /v2/achievements used to lead to broken dailies.
Is there an easy way to check today’s dailies? Would be a nice site or app.

It’s something that’s being worked on; there’s a beta endpoint up at /v2/achievements/daily but it does not behave well w.r.t reset (e.g., it doesn’t flip over when the game does). Probably going to change that endpoint up a bit; there’s some discussion about it in the github thread.

in API Development

Posted by: queicherius.2563

queicherius.2563

To add to some of the bugs already named (done field and current counter):

- Achievements with the Type “ItemSet” dont seem to track completion (e.g. I unlocked the luminescent achievements, but they dont even show up in the account api)
- Some achievements have weird max values (“-1”), e.g. the “slayer” achievement in pvp. Are these the one’s that are counting forever? Problem with that is that we cant show what the max ingame is (in that case 2000)

{
“id”: 239,
“current”: 9408,
“max”: -1,
“done”: false
}

Even tho you guys probably have all that stuff on your todo lists, here is a list of things I would LOVE for this endpoint:

- Getting “max” value for the unauthorized achievement endpoint as well. I didnt start kegmaster, so I dont know how many “requirements” i need
- Show the requirements, (needed achievements, items, …). Also “text” objectives like for “Powered up” (http://i.imgur.com/7SWQ7Bb.png). Without this we can’t really make use of the bits.
- Show the rewards (AP, items, titles, mastery points, …)
- Show the category of the achievement (Heart of Thorns -> Verdant Brink)

Edit: I should read more closely. Still gonna leave the list here, even tho it is in the original post.

(edited by queicherius.2563)

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

- Achievements with the Type “ItemSet” dont seem to track completion (e.g. I unlocked the luminescent achievements, but they dont even show up in the account api)

I’m … actually not sure why those bits aren’t coming out. I’ll look into that today and hopefully have a fix out for the Dec. 1st release. Thanks for pointing that out.

- Some achievements have weird max values (“-1”), e.g. the “slayer” achievement in pvp. Are these the one’s that are counting forever? Problem with that is that we cant show what the max ingame is (in that case 2000)

I think those are using the achievement tiers as counters (since it’s the same counter used across multiple achievements, it doesn’t cap). We’ll have those bits exposed on Dec 1st as well.

- Show the requirements, (needed achievements, items, …). Also “text” objectives like for “Powered up” (http://i.imgur.com/7SWQ7Bb.png). Without this we can’t really make use of the bits.

That part should be in on Nov. 17th, the rest of the feature requests on Dec. 1st (though I reserve the right to slip on those dates — the backend for the achievement stuff is painfully complex).

in API Development

queicherius.2563

That part should be in on Nov. 17th, the rest of the feature requests on Dec. 1st (though I reserve the right to slip on those dates — the backend for the achievement stuff is painfully complex).

Sweet! That’s a lot faster than I thought it would be! Thank you and the team for your hard work.

in API Development

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Nice! I cannot wait for this API endpoint to be feature complete

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in API Development

Posted by: Douglas Mines.7362

Douglas Mines.7362

Nice work. Any chance of getting a category id added to the endpoint?

in API Development

Posted by: Douglas Mines.7362

Douglas Mines.7362

Bah, ignore me, just seen the reponses above. Shame on me for not fully reading all responses in the post.

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Achievement categories and category groups will be out sometime next month.

in API Development

Posted by: Constantine.7812

Constantine.7812

Will you be rising daily AP lvl cap? There is more and more ppl at max already.

in API Development

Malediktus.9250

Hopefully not. 10 free AP per day devalues permanent achievements. It is already nonsense that say a black lion collection gives 3 AP when 5min of pvp dailies give 10.

in API Development

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Hopefully not. 10 free AP per day devalues permanent achievements. It is already nonsense that say a black lion collection gives 3 AP when 5min of pvp dailies give 10.

The entire distribution needs a gigantic overhaul and a massive expansion. Time gated content taking up 50% of available achievements isn’t healthy.

in API Development

Posted by: stress level zero.4907

stress level zero.4907

Lawton,

Can you confirm that the appropriate achievements have associated icons with them? I haven’t had an indepth look yet but from the few I looked at none had icons populated.

Guild Wars 2 Armory

Find, view, and share user profiles, characters, and guilds on your pc and mobile.

(edited by stress level zero.4907)

in API Development

Posted by: BugsBanni.1397

BugsBanni.1397

Hey, I’m working on a skin for rainmeter to display dailies atm. Lawton, or anyone, does the /v2/achievements/dailies return festival dailies when theyre active as well, or just pve, pvp and wvw?

in API Development

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

Is there a direct way to extract, through the API, what is the current amount of Achievement Points one account has?

Roker
Tarnished Coast

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Lawton,

Can you confirm that the appropriate achievements have associated icons with them? I haven’t had an indepth look yet but from the few I looked at none had icons populated.

The achievement icons are overrides for the achievement group icon, which in turn are overrides for the achievement category icon.

Hey, I’m working on a skin for rainmeter to display dailies atm. Lawton, or anyone, does the /v2/achievements/dailies return festival dailies when theyre active as well, or just pve, pvp and wvw?

AFAIK it should return festival dailies.

Is there a direct way to extract, through the API, what is the current amount of Achievement Points one account has?

Not currently, no. I don’t recall if the backend support for that went out with yesterday’s release — if not we’ll have it sometime next month.

in API Development

Seth.4927

Not currently, no. I don’t recall if the backend support for that went out with yesterday’s release — if not we’ll have it sometime next month.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Roker
Tarnished Coast

in API Development

Kuzzi.2198

Thank you for the fixes Lawton, the achievements with counter issues seem to be resolved.

I still want to report that some achievements are not being tracked correctly. For example, the Master specialization achievements:[2385,2448,2471,2353,2384,2395,2455,2593]

The completed ones show up as current=0. The ones that are not completed do not get returned at all in the “/account/achievements” query.

in API Development

Kuzzi.2198

The bug I listed in the above post is still present. Is this something that’s on the radar?

in API Development

Posted by: PBag.7450

PBag.7450

I have a question I’m hoping someone could answer. I think I already know the answer but I’m not 100%. So right now the achievement response specific to say…id=880 would be:

{"requirement": “Meet up with Rox in Sparkfly Fen.”, “description”: "", “flags”: [], “type”: “Default”, “id”: 880, “name”: “She’s Over Here!”}

If I wanted to filter out all unobtainable achievements, I’m pretty sure there’s no way of doing that without going in manually. Is there any chance this will be added in the future or am I missing something?

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

The bug I listed in the above post is still present. Is this something that’s on the radar?

Bleh, I totally missed that one. I’ll try to have it fixed by the end of the week.

If I wanted to filter out all unobtainable achievements, I’m pretty sure there’s no way of doing that without going in manually. Is there any chance this will be added in the future or am I missing something?

I just turned on /v2/achievements/groups and /v2/achievements/categories which provide the information that’s used to display achievements in the UI. With that, you should be able to filter out everything that’s not displayed in the UI (though … I think all of the achievements are in there somewhere). Those endpoints should make it a bit more straightforward to make sense of all the achievements.

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Bleh, I totally missed that one. I’ll try to have it fixed by the end of the week.

Just pushed a fix to live. Those should be showing as done now.

in API Development

Posted by: PBag.7450

PBag.7450

I just turned on /v2/achievements/groups and /v2/achievements/categories which provide the information that’s used to display achievements in the UI. With that, you should be able to filter out everything that’s not displayed in the UI (though … I think all of the achievements are in there somewhere). Those endpoints should make it a bit more straightforward to make sense of all the achievements.

Wow, that was fast! Thanks a lot, that’ll make life so much easier.

in API Development

Seth.4927

Could you check some achievements such as: Yakslapper, Slayer, Repair Master, King of the Castle and most WvW ones not being show as completed correctly?

Roker
Tarnished Coast

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Could you check some achievements such as: Yakslapper, Slayer, Repair Master, King of the Castle and most WvW ones not being show as completed correctly?

Okay, so looks like there’s another class of achievements that I’ve missed. Most of the achievements that use counters change their storage class when you reach the max — instead of storing the count, they just become a bitfield. The ones that don’t use the individual tiers (which we don’t currently expose — probably should rig that up) to determine completion.

Long story short: not sure I’ll have this one fixed before the next patch. Might be able to get a bandaid fix that has some effects; we’ll see.

in API Development

Seth.4927

Okay, so looks like there’s another class of achievements that I’ve missed. Most of the achievements that use counters change their storage class when you reach the max — instead of storing the count, they just become a bitfield. The ones that don’t use the individual tiers (which we don’t currently expose — probably should rig that up) to determine completion.

Long story short: not sure I’ll have this one fixed before the next patch. Might be able to get a bandaid fix that has some effects; we’ll see.

Right now they seem to be showing correctly, thanks Lawton!

Roker
Tarnished Coast

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Right now they seem to be showing correctly, thanks Lawton!

The bandaid fix was less horrible than I imagined (there were fewer mishandled achievements than I expected), so I went ahead and pushed it out. Lemmie know if you find any other madness that I’ve missed

in API Development

queicherius.2563

Just noticed, that achievements are missing. More specifically, I can’t seem to find the Legendary Crafting II and III one’s. Am I looking wrong?

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

I think there’s some achievements that are flagged as “hidden” that are intentionally being skipped since that flag is also used to indicate achievements that can’t be acquired in-game and shouldn’t be displayed in the UI. I know there’s one or two in the EotM achievements; I didn’t realize it also included Legendary Crafting O_O.

in API Development

Malediktus.9250

Some achievements are hidden until you unlocked them by achieving them or unlocking a prequesite achievement. Like if you complete Legendary Precursor Crafting 1 it will unlock the 2nd, then the 3rd etc.

Also am I missing something or does the API also do not show achievements like
Group Effort I, Group Effort II, Group Effort III, Group Effort IV, Group Effort V
Lunatic Inquisition Regular and probably some more, I did not check all.
They are repeatable achievements in the historical section.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in API Development

Posted by: BugsBanni.1397

BugsBanni.1397

I just wanted to tell you, that the festival dailies aren’t listed when calling the Daily API. Nothing I really need atm, but a bug

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

I just wanted to tell you, that the festival dailies aren’t listed when calling the Daily API. Nothing I really need atm, but a bug

Bleh, thanks for the report, I didn’t think to check that with Wintersday. Probably won’t have it fixed until the next festival. Made a Github issue to track the bug.