Proof-of-concept Android app

in API Development

Posted by: Kuang Eleven.9781

Kuang Eleven.9781

I hacked up a quick Android app that uses the Dynamic Events API to give you a list of Active events in the zone you choose. It’s missing a lot of features and polish, but I wanted to get out some basic code and some actually useful functionality!

Android Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=k11.guildwars2eventviewer
(Although as of the posting of this, it has not made it way through Android Play publishing, give it a couple hours)

GitHub: https://github.com/KuangEleven/GuildWars2EventViewer
(Released under the GPLv3!)

The app really is barebones for now, but I already have plans to flesh it out. None the less, please use it and let me know what you would find useful in an Android app.

in API Development

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

This sounds awesome, but I don’t have android anymore

Is there any way to make it work in Google Chrome?

If this would be map-based it could finally be the second map screen I’ve been waiting for.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in API Development

Kuang Eleven.9781

Sadly, it won’t work in Google Chrome, despite both being from Google, they do not use the same programming language. It looks like there is going to be several new websites using the new APIs though, those will work fine with Google Chrome.

There is nothing map-based in my app currently, and I don’t have any plans for the immediate future, but it would be nice to get those in eventually. The touch interface of a phone is fantastic for navigating around a map.

in API Development

Posted by: DrFutzLoop.5316

DrFutzLoop.5316

Sounds promising.. Ill make sure to check it out when its available!

[GIA] Glory In Ashes
In Hoc Signo Vinces

in API Development

Kuang Eleven.9781

in API Development

DrFutzLoop.5316

Downloaded. So far so good.. Currently the “options” menu doesn’t work. Also the “major events” one that’s on the screen shot page does not show up..

[GIA] Glory In Ashes
In Hoc Signo Vinces

in API Development

DrFutzLoop.5316

Also, to add another note.. The “major event” screen should list the events like “The Maw”, “Shadow Behemoth” etc and then once clicked on that should show all events leading up to the main event..

[GIA] Glory In Ashes
In Hoc Signo Vinces

in API Development

Posted by: Ayusaki.6739

Ayusaki.6739

YAY! GitHub source! If time permits, I might contribute some code (if allowed)

[KnT] Kuliya/Kessumi/Kiyuu/Hit My Zerg Not Me

in API Development

Kuang Eleven.9781

Yup, Options doesn’t work because I haven’t coded in any options yet!

And the Major Events will be there to show events that give chests, I just wanted to get some sleep last night. It’s not hard to add, I imagine I’ll get another release out soon

in API Development

Kuang Eleven.9781

And yes, please contribute code! It might take me a little while to deal with it because I’m not too used to being on the project owner side of GitHub, but I imagine the community does not have a shortage of ideas.