Squad endpoint

Squad endpoint

in API Development

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

Is there any hope of having a squad endpoint for commanders that shows total supply available in their squad?

Squad endpoint

in API Development

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

You can get the supply count of a player through the Mumble API once this change has landed: https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/pull/68 (means: you’ll need to do the math on your own)

Squad endpoint

in API Development

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

Trying to avoid having players install any additional software. For larger groups this could be a problem.

Squad endpoint

in API Development

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

The problem is the same as with realtime positional data. It takes some time to get a snapshot of the client state and transfer this data to the API. Thus, realtime supply count through the API is moot and so are all it’s applications (i heard there may be websockets access at some point in the future). You need to know the exact supply count on demand at any time – not the data of 30+ seconds ago (your squad repaired the gate while the enemy’s ram was still up, right?).

(edited by smiley.1438)

Squad endpoint

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

(i heard there may be websockets access at some point in the future)

It’s up there with “make render.guildwars2.com output character portraits” and … some other monumental task that I can’t recall at the moment. But yeah, I’d really like to replace/supplement MumbleLink with a local websocket for a large number of reasons.

RE: squad endpoints. Supply is stored in the character blobs which the API can only access with 5-minute granularity — so it’s almost never going to be up-to-date. This constraint is so that the API can’t affect any other game system performance-wise (so it’ll probably never be lifted). Because of that, it’s unlikely that we’ll be able to have a v2 endpoint that’ll match your use-case.

Sorry