Top traded items

Top traded items

in API Development

Posted by: Alkyoneus.3917

Alkyoneus.3917

I remember from the old tradingpost that there were top traded/most expensive/etc lists. Can I call these up with the API? I am trying to make my own database and if these lists are available I can significantly minimize the amount of api requests;

It ain’t hot if it isn’t GoT!

Top traded items

in API Development

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

Well, now since bulk requests are available, you could just flavour your item database with the top buy/sell prices and run a cronjob to get the most recent data for these in chunks of 200 items per request.
Then for example just do a SELECT * FROM items_table WHERE … ORDER BY top_sell DESC.

Top traded items

in API Development

Posted by: Alcarin.9024

Alcarin.9024

You have to download all items and than check the item with more sells/buys, use http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:2/commerce/prices if you only need quantity of sells/buys with their relative lower/higher price.

Top traded items

in API Development

Posted by: Alkyoneus.3917

Alkyoneus.3917

Good ideas, thank you both!

It ain’t hot if it isn’t GoT!

(edited by Alkyoneus.3917)

Top traded items

in API Development

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

I remember from the old tradingpost that there were top traded/most expensive/etc lists.

Our API dev tells me that that data was never accurate or timely, and that you’d be better off aggregating everything using the /v2/commerce/listings API and determining this for yourselves.