bad skin's id

bad skin's id

in API Development

Posted by: Elfo Bianco.3786

Elfo Bianco.3786

Skin id = 3265 returns:
{"type":“Weapon”,“flags”:[],“restrictions”:[],“rarity”:“Basic”,id,“icon”:“https://render.guildwars2.com/file/4AECE5EA59CA057F4C53E1EDFE95E0E3E61DE37F/60980.png”,“name”:"",“details”:{"type":“Staff”,“damage_type”:"Physical"}}
a skin without name and with a strange icon, maybe it is something it shouldn’t exist.

Skin id = 5628 returns:
{"name":“Ardent Glorious Raiment”,“type”:“Armor”,“flags”:[],“restrictions”:[],“rarity”:“Basic”,id,“details”:{"type":“Coat”,“weight_class”:"Light"}}
a skin without icon.

Seems there aren’t other bad ids right now.

bad skin's id

in API Development

Elfo Bianco.3786

Well maybe there are other bad ids

Skin ids = 5948, 6519 are the same, but the first one has “flags”:[“HideIfLocked”] and the second one has “flags”:[“ShowInWardrobe”,“HideIfLocked”].
I think that the second one should be enough XD

p.s.: All the “Mistward” armor pieces are double. I haven’t used revenant very much but it is strange that there are 2 identical skins per piece.

(edited by Elfo Bianco.3786)

bad skin's id

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Yeah, some of the skins are a bit wonky — it’s tempting to blacklist them, but it’s possible that someone has an item in their bank or something that uses that griffon skin, for example.

The Mistward skins are almost certainly from the HoT beta that we did on live — probably just an implementation artifact from trying to ensure that the beta bits didn’t affect non-beta features.

Probably gonna wontfix across the board. The way the wardrobe interface on the client filters skins is (1) enumerate all skins, note the ones that have ShowInWardrobe, (2) for any skins that have HideIfLocked, remove them from the list if the user hasn’t unlocked them, then (3) render out any remaining skins. Having extra bits and bobbles in the API shouldn’t affect anything, I think :<

bad skin's id

in API Development

Elfo Bianco.3786

Probably gonna wontfix across the board. The way the wardrobe interface on the client filters skins is (1) enumerate all skins, note the ones that have ShowInWardrobe, (2) for any skins that have HideIfLocked, remove them from the list if the user hasn’t unlocked them, then (3) render out any remaining skins. Having extra bits and bobbles in the API shouldn’t affect anything, I think :<

I know about that, but I thought I could reduce some computations filtering the skin list. For example armor: I should check if a skin is ShowInWardrobe, if it is Armor, if it is ArmorType and if it is ArmorClass… are thousands of check, everytimes I change the filter, while in reality I need less than 200 skins to show.
For example achievements have categories, groups and finally the relative ids associated to each category/group.
For skins I have to check the whole list everytimes.

bad skin's id

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Hrm, would it be useful to do the filtering on the API side? e.g., expose an endpoint that returns skins (perhaps by armor weight/weapon type?) that have the ShowInWardrobe flag set?

bad skin's id

in API Development

Elfo Bianco.3786

Hrm, would it be useful to do the filtering on the API side? e.g., expose an endpoint that returns skins (perhaps by armor weight/weapon type?) that have the ShowInWardrobe flag set?

In my opinion that would be great!!
In reality now we are talking about skins, but other APIs could be optimized, for example recipes have the search endpoint, but when you want to show a full list of them you need to load more than 10,000 recipes then check if they have the desired discipline and maybe other filters; actually I show the list of recipes with the rarity color and level of the output item, info that are not stored directly in the API:2/recipes so I need to load other thousands of items from API:2/items. Just to let you know to show all the recipes, as I have said above, I need about 40-55 seconds, to load only the recipes LearnedFromItem I need about 20-30 seconds.