7000 Gold coins mini game starting

in Community Creations

Posted by: Yseron.8613

Yseron.8613

The mini game is starting now. Players who wish to participate have until Saturday, midnight (pacific time), to make the bigest score. They wil be able to monitor their placement in real time trhough the in-game leaderboard (if you allow your firewall to let the game do so) that show the current 6 best positions.

1rst pos will win 4000 gold coins
2nd pos will win 2000 gold coins
3rd pos will win 1000 gold coins

The game can be downloaded here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5UrPZgTr3PZb1NlT21MVFlNVjA

More details can be found in the attachement as to how to run the game and validate your score, thus being able to claim your prize.

As someone did bring it to my attention, the intended fact (to avoid spam) that the reset button do not save the score of the current session is in the manual provided as an attachement to this post. I also mention it here for more clarity, and thank to Sadrien for the feedback.

Attachments:

(edited by Yseron.8613)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

I got 167thousand and then hit the reset button thinking it would record, it doesn’t. Please fix that.

Either that or make it more obvious, I am aware it was on the instructions.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

in Community Creations

Sadrien.3470

I got 167thousand and then hit the reset button thinking it would record, it doesn’t. Please fix that.

also, don’t worry I don’t really care, I will do another run its not a hard game.

in Community Creations

Yseron.8613

The manual in the original post state that your score is not saved if you hit reset. I will make a clearer manual next time.Thanks for the feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Interesting game. The controls are quite wonky on my system, jump isn’t working at all and the movement is sporadic (sometimes the turns don’t work that well, if I stop moving forward sometimes he will get “stuck” for a second when I try to start again). still though it was enjoyable.

The range on some of the skills seems a little short, but I might just be over estimating the hit box of the enemies.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Iridium.6385

Iridium.6385

It’s not really the controls (except for the missing jump function), but the “walls” that the character keeps on getting stuck in. That was probably the primary reason for my deaths. Oh and the fact that there is such a thing as range, but no such thing as line of sight is a bit of a bummer. Took me a while to figure out why those long range enemies kept on killing me, despite me hiding behind the staircase.

All in all the game was fun. I haven’t had to kite this much in Dark Souls.

in Community Creations

Yseron.8613

@OriOri: in fact you cant jump. It’s just that i didnt think of removing the associated input configuration that will be used for another project

@Iridium: true, i used Unity Physics system instead of a custom one, but if i want to join the club of people who know Unity i have to learn these things that should improve over time. I knew from the start that Unity recommend to not set the velocity but apply forces instead to allow smooth slides along walls but then, since anet couldnt provide any asset package for fans, i turned my attention to modeling/texturing/animating where i dedicated 99% of my time (and in the process learned from scratch to use Blender, and rigg, and animate).

(edited by Yseron.8613)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Gimmie the money ALL DA MONEY ! fun game though. if you added a second range spawn guy i think game would of been a lot harder.

http://i.imgur.com/V6bmuM2.jpg

in Community Creations

Sadrien.3470

in Community Creations

Yseron.8613

(Sadrien already posted the results but i have to also do it)

RESULTS:

1) Sadrien.3470
2) Taobella.6997
3) <not reclaimed yet> DEVICE_ID_179F8A86

The winners will receive their payments by legal ways (ingame mails) with as many payments the game limitations require starting NOW!

Please take note of how you will automatically be paid in several times by the GW2 mail system here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Gold-Transfer-Changes/first

Attachments:

(edited by Yseron.8613)

in Community Creations

Sadrien.3470

your attachments are prettier anyways <3

in Community Creations

Yseron.8613

[X]Sadrien have been paid
[X]Taobella have been paid
[X]Iridium have been paid

Attachments:

(edited by Yseron.8613)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

I got the gold thanks ~ hope you keep improving the game

in Community Creations

Yseron.8613

That was a one time applet, but you never know….
That said i have to keep my promise and let the link active to download the project for whoever would want to reuse part or the totality of the Unity project. Speaking of wich, i have to submit on the google drive the latest version, the one that include the leaderboard and validation code sources. I will do this some time later this day.

And as promised:

MINI GAME STRATEGY GUIDE
—————————————————————-
- Identify the greatest threat among the spawns (the GW1 shadow beast)
- Always keep one of the following skills recharged when a shadow beast is soon to spawn: Consume Conditions, or “Suffer!”
- Unless emergency, do not use these skills until the Shadow beast used Feast Of Corruption on you
- Creatures are mostly melee: bunch them up to cripple them and make the most out of Epidemic. Try to have the shadow beast as the center of Epidemic
- Chill the shadow beast to slow down the recharge of its skills

(edited by Yseron.8613)

in Community Creations

Iridium.6385

Am I supposed to send the screenshot to you?

in Community Creations

Iridium.6385

https://ibb.co/ecWEWF

Third place!

in Community Creations

Yseron.8613

You have been paid ! Congratulations !

(edited by Yseron.8613)

in Community Creations

Yseron.8613

I will soon submit the unity project that have the leaderboard and validation code now that the last entry reclaimed its prize. Be aware, thought, that since it require a server to store the scores, the adress of the one that was used will be blanked out in the sources provided. You must effectively provide your own server to host your datas.

in Community Creations

Iridium.6385

Thanks for the gold and thanks for the project!

Do you think you will be making anything like this in the future?