API Powered Guild Leaderboard

API Powered Guild Leaderboard

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I shared this on reddit yesterday and it was really well received (even Anet’s own Tivac said it was super cool), so I figured I’d share it with the community here as well. It is a little project I made for my guild – an API based leaderboard, or as we call it, the Hall of Fame.

By collecting guild members’ API keys, I’m able to automatically pull data from their accounts and visualize it using Tableau Public. Anything that is available in the API can be turned into a leaderboard, that’s why we can also have fun ones like “Number of Deaths”.

This is very much so still a work in progress so I will do a lot of polishing and expanding of the various section. I’m also looking forward to adding other things as they become available in the API. For example, a couple that will for sure be added are WvW ranks and Mini collections. I’m sure HoT will also add some new fun categories (please let there be Jumping Puzzle times)

I’m interested in your guys’ opinions about this project. Do you have any suggestions on what can be added? How interested would you be in a publicly available tool that would enable you to do this for your own guild?

Disclaimer: I’ve only gotten API Keys from ~50 out of our ~400 members so far, so the leaderboard is not a complete representation of the guild quite yet.