Angry joe show

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: TheOnlyOneNL.3821

TheOnlyOneNL.3821

I just wanted to say congratulations to Arenanet for being the number 1 game of 2012 according to famous youtuber: Angry joe

Link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENNEcL8WtSU

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

great. i watched Total Biscuit the other day and he did his top 10 favourites. GW2 wasnt even on the list. mind you, i didnt agree with many of his choices, but still kinda weird. what made him blow off GW2 anyway? he was hardcore into it pre-release.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Leon Derge.5239

Leon Derge.5239

great. i watched Total Biscuit the other day and he did his top 10 favourites. GW2 wasnt even on the list. mind you, i didnt agree with many of his choices, but still kinda weird. what made him blow off GW2 anyway? he was hardcore into it pre-release.

Keep in mind it was the list of games he, personally, was the most interested in.

It all came down to personal preference.

“The path of the Guardian is not one to be taken lightly…”

-Rayn Brightclaw, Tarnished Coast

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

what made him blow off GW2 anyway? he was hardcore into it pre-release.

He said something about GW2 the viewers didn’t like. As a result, he was flooded with angry people. He called them rtards and quit showing GW2 – was around the final betas.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

He said something about GW2 the viewers didn’t like. As a result, he was flooded with angry people. He called them rtards and quit showing GW2 – was around the final betas.

Didn’t sound like him. Link?

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

man i watch his stuff all the time. sounds exactly like him. and he didnt get to play it much and was a little disapointed in it, ((from last weeks game’s station pod cast))

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: lagrangeify.5641

lagrangeify.5641

TB seemed pretty warm to GW2 on his final beta hands on. He mentioned a few things that he suspected might marginally suck and those things have turned out to be the case for me too.

As for his top 10, he went to great pains to say that some of his choices might seem off the wall, and he wasn’t kidding. He’s a big Planetside 2 fan, as far as I’m concerned that game has more problems that GW2 does, it’s good but it’s extremely flawed in some pretty major areas. So he’s just like the rest of us, he has his foibles. That’s why I like the dude so much.

And given how much Angry Joe likes GW2, he laid into Planetside 2 pretty heavily. So there you go, different strokes.

(edited by lagrangeify.5641)

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

man i watch his stuff all the time. sounds exactly like him. and he didnt get to play it much and was a little disapointed in it, ((from last weeks game’s station pod cast))

Basically, during the betas, he wasn’t able to play too much himself since he was in another country, but he said he had his wife, and some of his staff, or something that played for him.

He twittered something in line of ‘’People got 20 minutes WvWvW footage? Cute. I got over 4 hours.’’

But these videos never came up on YouTube, and people started to ask and question him, I think in the end he threw all that beta footage away and said it was pretty hard to comment on something he haven’t played himself (Which I agree on.)

He was able to play the last beta or so himself, which he seemed to enjoy a lot. But I have no idea what happend to it afterwards.

Between, does Angry Joe still play Guild Wars 2?

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Between, does Angry Joe still play Guild Wars 2?

He must as this video just came out today. I would think so if he’s giveing it Number 1

he’s also Not as Jaded as TB when it come’s to video game’s

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

<3 Angry Joe’s reviews.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

Angry Joe is part of That Guy With the Glasses and thus loses all credibility as a critic of anything.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Angry Joe is part of That Guy With the Glasses and thus loses all credibility as a critic of anything.

Somebody seems kitten over somebody saying something over internet.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Somebody seems kitten over somebody saying something over internet.

‘’My opinion doesn’t match his, he must be an idiot.’’

Like that :P?

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Mweh,don’t like this guy,his way of being funny is screaming and acting all…stupid.I dislike it,and hence not interested in what this guy has to say about..any game,at all.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Frontier.2536

Frontier.2536

Yeah, gotta wonder what Yahtzee (Zero punctuation) will choose this year. (Since he is a banana)

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Joe has been nothing but a good friend to you. Be nice.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You would have to go through a lot of useless garbage (youtube comments, twitter, whatever else) to find the specifics, but you should be able to get the jist of it out of these two.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/198519938959417344
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/200577409525878785

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Arrclyde.6358

Arrclyde.6358

I just watched “Angry Joes Top – 10 BEST Games of 2012!” And i must say….. I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING. But i am congratulate Arenanet for Joes list Top Rang and the awesome “10/10! with a Bada.. seal of aproval”. So Arenanet keep going and get things right, and you might stay on that list ;-)

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

The way I recall it, it was more along the lines of this:

Jesse Coxx his friend posted a 40 minute final impressions video about the game during beta where he factually got everything wrong in almost every way possible. He’d basically done no research and was just repeating the things he’d been told by his friends, also present on the video.

This got Jesse a lot of negative feedback for obvious reasons, both constructive and destructive. (it’s youtube)
Jesse got depressed about it, TB white knighted him and started calling the GW2 community “The worst community ever” and deliberately provoking people on twitter and reddit. Didn’t seem interested in legitimate criticism and only focused on implying the worst of the guild wars 2 community represented all of us.

TB stopped his GW2 videos around this time.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ryltair.2857

Ryltair.2857

The way I recall it, it was more along the lines of this:

Jesse Coxx his friend posted a 40 minute final impressions video about the game during beta where he factually got everything wrong in almost every way possible. He’d basically done no research and was just repeating the things he’d been told by his friends, also present on the video.

This got Jesse a lot of negative feedback for obvious reasons, both constructive and destructive. (it’s youtube)
Jesse got depressed about it, TB white knighted him and started calling the GW2 community “The worst community ever” and deliberately provoking people on twitter and reddit. Didn’t seem interested in legitimate criticism and only focused on implying the worst of the guild wars 2 community represented all of us.

TB stopped his GW2 videos around this time.

You’d think someone who has a youtube channel would have a thicker skin…

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: IceBlizzard.1054

IceBlizzard.1054

Ahh this troll again. If you hate this game so much get out.

Dragonslayer
GoF Commander

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Yep, I really like his reviews. His one of GW2 was what got me into the game in the first place. So, a well deserved first place for 2012 from him.

Great game, great fun reviewer.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: TemplarOmega.7384

TemplarOmega.7384

Yeah, gotta wonder what Yahtzee (Zero punctuation) will choose this year. (Since he is a banana)

Yea makes me wonder what his best 5 and worst 5 will be since he can only affect the income of potassium one takes.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

TotalBuscuit’s opinions are about as dull and boring as his videos.

This is coming from a brit.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

That video about angryjoe praising gw2 all over was during pre-released.

I noticed those reviewers who praise gw2 the most during pre-released ended up disappeared / playing other games after few weeks or months of gameplay. >_<

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

For me, game review sites, and youtube videos have lost all usefulness (aside from comic relief) over the past year. I have seen games I really enjoy given bad reviews, and seen rave reviews of games that are among the worst I have ever experienced. This is only natural since almost anyone can be a “reviewer” these days. The most reliable method I have found for selecting a new game is on the forums of games I did not enjoy. People on those forums will (to be polite) recommend alternatives. Since both I and the poster have the same opinion of the current (unenjoyable) game, the chance of my liking the alternative is quite high. Two of my current favorite games, GW2 and Dragon’s Dogma are both recommendations from one such forum earlier this year.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

I just wanted to say congratulations to Arenanet for being the number 1 game of 2012 according to famous youtuber: Angry joe

Link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENNEcL8WtSU

did he made you post this? ^^

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

I’ll be honest, Joe’s original video about GW2 is (amongst a few other things) the driving point that led to me buying the game.

I don’t regret it.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Yeah! Who does think he is anyhow, having an opinion, coming online and sharing it with the rest of us. Pssh…

Jokes aside though, if you’ve followed his videos in the past, he does say ‘in my opinion’ or ‘I personally feel’, so he doesn’t go around stating things as fact, but rather approaches it from his own point of view.

What I like about his videos is the fact that he looks at games from the everyman point of view. Some reviewers will give game stellar reviews, but neglect to point out that the $60 product has 3 hours worth of entertainment value at best. He values games as a consumer, not as someone that’s a part of the corporate machine.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Both have their opinions and both are biased.

Play the game.

GW2 doesn’t even need big favourable reviews or game of the year awards or all the stuff it has – the game speaks for itself.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

i was in Angry joe’s guilds and have yet to see him Once in this game seems he giving ratings without even playing.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

i was in Angry joe’s guilds and have yet to see him Once in this game seems he giving ratings without even playing.

Yeah. It proves one thing. Reviewers judge from hype instead of merit.

I’ll say GW2 was a great experience from Lv1 to Lv80.
No doubt, it should win an award.

It has a great feel if I play it like how I play my ps3 games. The game was just a turn around after few weeks or months. After I cleared my mind from all the hype, I begun to see things I didn’t see earlier. The burn-out rate is much rapid than other themepark mmorpgs. The problem with the game is, it shouldn’t feel like a console game.

Something which mmorpgs should always avoid:
[Once you beat it, you shelved it away]-style.

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Even though i do respect Joe’s efforts and enjoy his shows, GW2 is definitely not a 10/10. Game of a year? maybe. But lets not be hyperbolic

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Angry joe show

in Community Creations

Posted by: Forte.2486

Forte.2486

I remember he gave a reason to why he lost interest in GW2 in a video… would take hours to find the specific video/qoute, but I believe it was something along the lines of:
He’s been playing mmos so much that he’s sort of burnt out on the whole genre.