Artists -- We hope to spotlight YOU!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey all,

If you caught our coverage of TwitchCon, which wrapped up yesterday (9/26/2015), you may already be aware of this, but just to share with the whole creative community:

I’m going to be hosting a new show on our Twitch stream along with our PR Manager Elizabeth Stewart. The show is called Community Showcase Live. We debuted the show yesterday, and it was a ton of fun to show off the creations of our amazing community. Future programs will feature as much art and other fan creations as we can stuff into each episode!

The sky’s the limit, really. The inaugural show had drawings, paintings, sculptures, digital art, figures, recreations of in-game items, cosplay, videos, and even baked goods.

If you’d like to be considered for a future episode, please add your art to this forums or to our Tumblr page. If you’re doing the latter (Tumblr) please be sure to use the hashtag: “GW2 Fan Submission.” That tag gives us permission to share the art on our show. Posting here does not require anything special — post and you’re good.

Placing your art on both sites is perfectly fine; we’ll be looking for art to include on the show in both places. The forums automatically give us permission to display your work. Just be sure that on the Tumblr you use that all-important tag so we have the optiont to share your work when it comes in that way.

Thanks for all that you do to enrich our community!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Selana Firestone.6389

Selana Firestone.6389

I believe you have one of the best attitudes toward your community, and it makes me as a player very proud to have you and other considerate members on the dev’s team. That being said, I know not everyone has a Tumblr (myself included). Would it be possible to post artwork on Facebook or other social media, hashtagging the GW2 Fan Submission?

Thank you.

~Selana Firestone

Author of Traveling Circus.
Ask the author or characters!
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/firestonewritesstuff

in Community Creations

Posted by: izayoi.7932

izayoi.7932

I appreciate Gaile and the whole GW2 staff for giving the artist community some love and we’re happy by it!

I don’t have much GW2 artworks as of now but here’s few of my works (ignore that WIP with the green flatbase color haha): http://ryuukodan.tumblr.com/tagged/gw2-fan-submission

Kaineng Server
Rowen Magnard [W]
Alfard Rasalhague [N]

in Community Creations

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

What about fan stories?

in Community Creations

Posted by: method.3895

method.3895

http://www.guildwars2.tumblr.com is their tumblr, (Obvious but didn’t see a link in the OP)

GW2 Fan artist http://mooffz.tumblr.com/

(edited by method.3895)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Deity of Ragefire.4287

Deity of Ragefire.4287

Call me an old fashioned forum-ist; but this is the 1st time ive hear of this tumblr thing. XD

in Community Creations

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Hey all,

If you caught our coverage of TwitchCon, which wrapped up yesterday (9/26/2015), you may already be aware of this, but just to share with the whole creative community:

I’m going to be hosting a new show on our Twitch stream along with our PR Manager Elizabeth Stewart. The show is called Community Showcase Live. We debuted the show yesterday, and it was a ton of fun to show off the creations of our amazing community. Future programs will feature as much art and other fan creations as we can stuff into each episode!

The sky’s the limit, really. The inaugural show had drawings, paintings, sculptures, digital art, figures, recreations of in-game items, cosplay, videos, and even baked goods.

If you’d like to be considered for a future episode, please add your art to our Tumblr page, and be sure to use the hashtag: “GW2 Fan Submission.” That tag gives us permission to share the art on our show.

We want you to continue to display your creativity here on the forums, too. Posting on both places is perfectly fine, just be sure that on the Tumblr you use that all-important tag so we can possibly feature your talent in the future.

Thanks for all that you do to enrich our community!

Im really sorry but this looks too great to be posted only here.

Cant you move this to general discussion and do a sticky? Im sorry, but i love Guild Wars art and, well, this part of the forum doesnt get too many visits.

I play and enjoy other mmos, but i truly can say that the art brought by Dociu and Kotaki to GW2 is the best in all mmorpgs known to man. Richard Anderson also made some of the most daunting concept art i ever saw. His “march of the castle knights” (dont recall the exact name) still haunts my desktop

I would love to see what our lovely players and fans can do, but with a bit more visibility than the one they have now.

Thank you

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

in Community Creations

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

I believe you have one of the best attitudes toward your community, and it makes me as a player very proud to have you and other considerate members on the dev’s team. That being said, I know not everyone has a Tumblr (myself included). Would it be possible to post artwork on Facebook or other social media, hashtagging the GW2 Fan Submission?

Thank you.

~Selana Firestone

Hello, I run the official Guild Wars 2 Tumblr site.

Unfortunately, due to legal reasons, we cannot accept submissions on other social media channels like Facebook or Twitter. You would need to submit through Tumblr or on the official forums.

In order for us to spotlight your work, you can submit your work on Tumblr in one of two ways:

1. Direct submission to our Tumblr site: http://guildwars2.tumblr.com/submit
  2. Publish a post on your own Tumblr site, using the hashtag “#gw2 fan submission”

Important note: you do NOT need a Tumblr account yourself to submit content using method #1.

Does that help with your question?

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

in Community Creations

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

What about fan stories?

It may be difficult to spotlight fan fiction stories on the Community Showcase Live livestream show, but I’ll defer to Gaile on that point.

Regarding fan fiction submissions to our Tumblr site in general:

• Yes, we accept fan fiction.
  • All creations, including fan fiction, should be acceptable for general audiences.
  • BUT, due to the volume of submissions coming in and the need to review all content, fan fiction may not be published on our Tumblr site as timely as visual art creations
Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Clerigo — you make a really good suggestion. I think broadening the audience of our request is a good idea. I’ll post about our future plans and our hopes for even more cool fan-created art over in GW2 Discussion.

AegisRunestone — at this time, hosting fan fiction isn’t something we will be doing unless it was extremely brief, like a short poem or a short short story. But sure, Lizzie and I can discuss fan fiction as a possibility down the road. Thanks for asking.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Update for clarity: You do not need to post your submissions on Tumblr. I’ve given the tag in case you wish to do so there, but you are free to post here. Posting in our forum gives us the permission we need to be able to feature you on a future Community Showcase Live show. So please, artists and creators, use whichever medium is best for you. Or both!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Community Creations

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Hi Gaile,

What about making the community showcase a monthly event?

ANet could have a monthly contest for GW2 related fan art, maybe add some gem rewards for the 3 top spots, add some form of media presentation in the youtube channel every month to showcase the submissions, and i think its a win win for continued community development support, GW2 art and game promotion to the general public. This could grab some players to join GW2.

Maybe do some larger community art showcase related to special events, like the upcoming Halloween, and spreading same showcase to both DeviantArt and Tumbler…

…hey…schhh… remember this one?

http://guild-wars-2.deviantart.com/art/Mad-King-s-Arrival-263189868

:D

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

Hi Gaile,

What about making the community showcase a monthly event?

ANet could have a monthly contest for GW2 related fan art, maybe add some gem rewards for the 3 top spots, add some form of media presentation in the youtube channel every month to showcase the submissions, and i think its a win win for continued community development support, GW2 art and game promotion to the general public. This could grab some players to join GW2.

Maybe do some larger community art showcase related to special events, like the upcoming Halloween, and spreading same showcase to both DeviantArt and Tumbler…

…hey…schhh… remember this one?

http://guild-wars-2.deviantart.com/art/Mad-King-s-Arrival-263189868

:D

Oh believe me, I have a lot of ideas for CSL, and some of what you’ve mentioned is what I’m looking at.

I should mention that we’re looking at CSL as a monthly show. With Halloween for this theme, with Wintersday, and with so much non-holiday art being featured on both this forum and Tumblr, I don’t see how we’d ever run out of good art to feature! So yes, look for CSL in November, December, and beyond!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Community Creations

Posted by: Zipherus.7815

Zipherus.7815

Our guild made a WvW montage showcasing what we’re about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghzb1aNGpjA

in Community Creations

Posted by: CornishRose.2815

CornishRose.2815

Hai,

I video community events on Aurora Glade, as well as document Guild Raids with [III]Third Legio.

My latest video was of the ‘Jungle Jubilee’ party hosted by PvE Sig, with musical preformances by [CMAJ]. I’m really pleased with the first person camera POV that was brought in a few months ago.

Please find the link to my Youtube channel and my latest creation below

Jungle Jubilee; Pre-HOT Party

Karen ‘Cornish’ Costello’s Channel