Cosplay Fashion Contest [Winners Announced]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Hi all this is my first time entering one of these contests and I’m super excited! These are all 100% my own creation the first one is Erza Scarlet from the anime Fairy Tail, second I have Nova Terra from the canceled game Starcraft Ghost although she was in Starcraft II, and last we have my favorite Lighting from the game Lightning Returns and she was originally in FF13. Hope you all enjoy!

I’m also working on a Lightning Cosplay,I don’t know if I use that hair you are using or the one just posted on this thread (the one I’m using at the moment)

Lightning’s hair is more “spike-y” like the one with the flower,but the other one is less spike-y but it’s actually the same hairstyle she uses.

My Cosplay is based on her Valhalla Guardian (Valkyrie) armor,here it is:
http://imgur.com/T0z8aAv,uA3s0rN,nq0UdX0,XqXnM3k

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Tiger.3925

Tiger.3925

Scarlet was my inspiration

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Pyroen.2086

Pyroen.2086

Here’s Asura from Asura’s Wrath!! love all the different cosplays GL winners.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: ninemileshigh.4536

ninemileshigh.4536

I have a Dirk Strider, from Homestuck. And wow so many amazing entries!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Agent.3709

Agent.3709

Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers and Capcom games.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: xeysorso.3751

xeysorso.3751

Hey all just wanna thank Lilith for organizing this contest and just say the entries so far have been amazing! Have several to post but will start with a few at a time, please enjoy!

The first cosplay is the Queen of Blades from Starcraft. The character is a necromancer and dual wielding daggers. Spent a bit of time mixing and matching an ideal set of armor and hoped the pros outweighed the obvious con ; )

Next I have Naruto as an Asura thief. In game name is Nasurato Uzamaki! It is pre Shippuden or Naruto in his younger years. Yes I know what some of you fans may be thinking why not mesmer for shadow clones? I felt that would been ideal but as you see I felt the medium armor set gave me more versatility to pull off Naruto’s look. Hope you agree that the tradeoff was right

in Community Creations

Posted by: Hugh Manatee.8579

Hugh Manatee.8579

ok, here goes, got a few entries some are sort of weird(i’ll just link to reference materials where I can if that’s ok, not sure I can with all of em…)

First off a character that is more of a general concept so there’s no specific reference…, sassy, kinky French maid

… and with the sclerite back for an anime style look

Ok next is a mash up of sorts. I wanted a Jules Winnfield/Samuel L Jackson and Boba Fett …. so I made both at once

Next is a simple look, been done before, but a classic Marvin the Martian

Before the wardrobe I wanted a Black Mage so I rolled a mushroom headed Sylvari with yellow eyes (asurans had been done) Then the wardrobe made it so you could use the witch hat with the regular armor Then I decided to add the shattered wings to a new ensemble to become the Black Waltz from FF IX

Next is a character from a book. I was fumbling for a name/look for an elementalist and I had been reading a lot of old school pulp sci fi and recalled the High Couch of Silistra (think 50 shades of Conan the Barbarian, with cover art by Boris Vallejo). Boris’ cover is kitten metal but doesn’t really do the character justice. She’s described as having long wavy red hair with a tan, wears a chain around her waist which denotes her rank as high courtesan and eventually gets marked by swirly tats. Not perfect as I was hoping to get the mask of the crown to replicate a very similar mask worn by a caste of amazon warriors she gets recruited into, and use a makeover kit to perfect the skin tone and hair, but the dagger is accurate to the one she uses in the book as far as I can tell. Overall I’m happy.

Ok, here’s the big shot, my best one I think. Bill Watterson’s Calvin and Hobbes

Calvvin Hobbes with a snowball, carrying his best friend with him on his back
How Calvvin sees his friend
Calvvin with Mrs. Wormwood
Calvvin about to wreck Susie Derkin’s day

That’s about it… GL HF

(edited by Hugh Manatee.8579)

in Community Creations

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

“Never lose focus.”
Ashe, from League of Legends

Attachments:

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

in Community Creations

xeysorso.3751

Hello for my next round of entries is for you Mass Effect Fans! I do have Javik, Garrus, Grunt and of course Shepard as a work in progress as well.

First up Liara T’soni my Sylvari Asari mesmer. Screenshots include a biotic squad duo with Miranda Lawson. I have tried to match Asari type weapons such as the Acolyte as well as using Priory skins to simulate Prothean artifacts and weapons.

Next I have Tali’Zorah, she was a bit harder to pull off because of the Quarrian body shape. Sylvari and Engineer, Tali unmasked and at the bar bonus shot included, enjoy

(edited by xeysorso.3751)

in Community Creations

Posted by: azrael.8197

azrael.8197

Just wanted to add my Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect 2 and my Azula from Avatar The Last Air Bender. I hope you all enjoy!

in Community Creations

Posted by: jellyblast.6238

jellyblast.6238

Something went wrong with my last post so here she is again: Syndra from the MOBA game League of Legends. Took a few hours of perfecting colors and lighting in Photoshop…

“Power belongs to those who can wield it.”
- Syndra

Edit: Added a very experimental screenshot edit that I had some fun making.

Attachments:

(edited by jellyblast.6238)

in Community Creations

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Something went wrong with my last post so here she is again: Syndra from the MOBA game League of Legends. Took a few hours of perfecting colors and lighting in Photoshop…

“Power belongs to those who can wield it.”
- Syndra

Did someone use a Topaz Filter there?

Great entries so far. I for my part sadly can’t get anything done… except I can post a picture of my character cosplaying themselves…

in Community Creations

xeysorso.3751

Time for my super hero entries!

First up I have my own version of Spiderman. Someone spotted me in old Lions Arch almost a year ago and I stumbled onto the screenie of it posted on reddit and mmo champion. http://i.imgur.com/NdCH5Ue.jpg Since then I’ve buffed Spidey a bit and wanted to give his head a bit of a makeover since theres nothing I can do about the skirt for now, I switched the headpiece for some dry top gear to give Spideys eyes more impact, wish we could play with the actual parts of the item more as it needs to be a bit more slanted and an option to color it in white. Anyways hope you like my improved Spiderman swinging around below

Next I have my own Incredible Hulk. I created my first original Hulk and posted it on Dulfy well over a year ago, wielding the Warhammer of the Sunless here http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/gw2-warhammer-of-the-sunless-51.jpg Thankfully with the new Wardrobe system and new styles in kits I redid the Hulk from scratch and created a new, refined, and less chunky look posted below. I picked the bottom piece to create the closest thing for tattered pants effects while keeping the upper portion mostly intact for the excellent curvatures for his muscles. In game name is Bruce Warbanner as you may have seen him around! Hope you enjoy the results!

in Community Creations

jellyblast.6238

Did someone use a Topaz Filter there?

Great entries so far. I for my part sadly can’t get anything done… except I can post a picture of my character cosplaying themselves…

Believe me, if had Topaz, I’m sure I would’ve finished editing my screenshots ages ago!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Auru Shad.7819

Auru Shad.7819

Some really awesome characters in here! Anyway, time for my two.

Micaiah, the Priestess of Dawn, using her sacrifice skill, from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. The second picture is an armor reference since I couldn’t recreate the first one sadly.

Tiki, the Voice of Naga, from Fire Emblem: Awakening in the hidden area of the Grove to represent where she resides in the game.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Briadonis.8907

Briadonis.8907

Time for my super hero entries!

Very nice! As a comic book fan those are pretty amazing looking!

in Community Creations

xeysorso.3751

Nice entries all, keep it up! Few more from me.

First, Benjen Stark from The Game of Thrones. He is actually one of my favorite characters despite not having a major role. My cosplay comes equipped with Benjen sporting his brother’s sword.

Next up Blanka from Street Fighter II. Even though I did not need a chest piece for this one it was fun to do. Doing SB so many times next to the dock, had me thinking I needed to make him.

Gl all have fun!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

One more from me. Here’s my cosplay of Green Arrow (from Arrow).

Edit: Added some screens of my cosplay of Cinderella

Attachments:

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

(edited by Thiagugu.9682)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Melissa Mayhem.9740

Melissa Mayhem.9740

I know I didn’t make it in time. my computer died yesterday. :c So I figured I would at least show my babies.

Puppycat from Bee and Puppycat.
Sailor Pluto from Sailor Moon.
and the last one is just for fun,
Google Employee. :p

Congrats to whoever won!

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know I’m a bit late on deciding this one. I should have the results by the end of the weekend, and entries are still being accepted!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Zarkdev.4526

Zarkdev.4526

Hi all this is my first time entering one of these contests and I’m super excited! These are all 100% my own creation the first one is Erza Scarlet from the anime Fairy Tail, second I have Nova Terra from the canceled game Starcraft Ghost although she was in Starcraft II, and last we have my favorite Lighting from the game Lightning Returns and she was originally in FF13. Hope you all enjoy!

As someone who tried to do an Erza a year ago and gave up, I appreciate the effort that went into this, and I salute you!

in Community Creations

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I don’t have an entry for this but well done everybody. Some very nice looking characters running around out there.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Community Creations

jellyblast.6238

Yay, finished one more League of Legends cosplay! Here’s Shyvana in her Darkflame skin.
Probably gonna upload more pictures later!

“I have proven my might to dragonkind – what challenge shall humans pose?”
- Shyvana

Edit: Thanks Shatterer-chan.

Attachments:

(edited by jellyblast.6238)

in Community Creations

Lilith Ajit.6173

So… This contest was EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to judge!

First of all, I’d just like to say, thank you all for your continued interest and participation. Seeing the amazing things you’ve all been doing with your armors has seriously blown me away.

So, here goes:

Honorable mentions:

Donaga.3980: Blue Eyes White Dragon. I didn’t believe it at first. Then. Wow!

Donaga.3980 : (Yes, you can win two!) Your Sylvari Super Saiyan 3. Again. I didn’t think it was possible. You were able to do something truly unique, and I have to say I was extremely impressed.

Thiagugu.9682: I might get some flack for this, but… I have a super huge thing for the Green Arrow so… <3

Leo Paul.1659: I loved your Malificent. And many others did too!

Lilith’s Choice: Filosmusic.4937. Your Piccolo…. How can I say this… I literally didn’t think it was possible! But that is amazing. So. Yes. TY

Second Place: etb.2703. Your Darth Vader. Fabulous picture.

First place: jellyblast.6238. You LoL Shyvana cosplay blew me away. Really amazing picture, and I can’t believe how stunningly close it is. Holy crap!

Thanks everyone for participating! Those of you with gem store prize choices send them to me ASAP!

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

Congrats Jelly, you deserve it! Your Shyvana really is amazing!

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

in Community Creations

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Congrats guys! Well deserved! Awesome event Lilith!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Community Creations

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Great job, everyone! Some really fantastic cosplay!

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Community Creations

jellyblast.6238

Yay! Thanks guys and thanks Lilith for holding this contest! ’Grats to everyone else too!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Meemness.8159

Meemness.8159

Congratulation for the winners! You deserve it.
Thank you Lilith for holding this contest, thu I did not participate but I enjoyed looking to the cosplays, they are very creative.

Good job everyone o/.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Krathor.9514

Krathor.9514

I’ve kept an eye on this topic and I’d just like to wish you congratulations for hosting such a successful contest. Really great turnout.

Commander Duke Witherheart [RPS] on EU.

Blog (updated daily!): http://duke-w.tumblr.com

in Community Creations

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

gratz to the winner’s my gandalf is sad ç_ç.

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

in Community Creations

Lilith Ajit.6173

gratz to the winner’s my gandalf is sad ç_ç.

Gandalf was wonderful ^^

[ARES]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Razy.1687

Razy.1687

Congrats !

No consolation prize for others cosplay ? :p