Creating GW2 T-Shirts

Creating GW2 T-Shirts

in Community Creations

Posted by: GreatWoolf.3412

GreatWoolf.3412

Just want to know who do I have to talk to in order to get aproval to make T-shirts using concept art and loading screen images. The Idea is diferent from what is available, and I think that the look would be something that not only GW2 fans would like but many others as well.

Thank you in advanced!

Creating GW2 T-Shirts

in Community Creations

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I’m sure it’s allowed as long as you don’t make any money with it.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Creating GW2 T-Shirts

in Community Creations

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Please see this page: http://www.welovefine.com/feature/guild-wars-2-fan-forge-info.html

There’s an opportunity to submit your ideas and even get a commission, if the art is selected!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Creating GW2 T-Shirts

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

If you wish to make a shirt for private, personal (non-profit) use, please see our Content Terms of Use: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-content-terms-of-use/

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Creating GW2 T-Shirts

in Community Creations

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

If you wish to make a shirt for private, personal (non-profit) use, please see our Content Terms of Use: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-content-terms-of-use/

Hi! but in the terms of use is written:

You must include all copyright and other notices associated with the content

Should i put those notices in the back of my T-shirt?
Something like this?
I know it’s not the same but you get the idea

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Creating GW2 T-Shirts

in Community Creations

Posted by: GreatWoolf.3412

GreatWoolf.3412

Thank you for you response Gaile.

I have looked at that site as soon as it became available with GW2 products, unfortunetly, the visual look of the T-shirts I want to make can not be achived using their tools, and that is why I am looking for a way to get proper permissions to use GW2 concept art to incorporate in my design.

I also looked at the “Content terms of use” link you provided, and it states the folowing:

May I use your art or images for items, such as clothing, toys, or other game-related goods?
Our art assets-be they concept art, in-game screenshots, verbal content, or renders-are all copyrighted materials. Their use is strictly prohibited unless approved in advance and in writing by ArenaNet. Specific questions concerning the appropriate use of our content should be directed to community@arena.net.

so I guess my next step would be to contact ANet using that email, and try to get Writen approval in order to be able to bring my idea to life.

I will consider making one for personal use anyway, and if I am able to get consent, I can then see if anyone else would like them (I know you will ;P).

Thank you once more, and I hope to see you in game.

Creating GW2 T-Shirts

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thank you for you response Gaile.

I have looked at that site as soon as it became available with GW2 products, unfortunetly, the visual look of the T-shirts I want to make can not be achived using their tools, and that is why I am looking for a way to get proper permissions to use GW2 concept art to incorporate in my design.

I also looked at the “Content terms of use” link you provided, and it states the folowing:

May I use your art or images for items, such as clothing, toys, or other game-related goods?
Our art assets-be they concept art, in-game screenshots, verbal content, or renders-are all copyrighted materials. Their use is strictly prohibited unless approved in advance and in writing by ArenaNet. Specific questions concerning the appropriate use of our content should be directed to community@arena.net.

so I guess my next step would be to contact ANet using that email, and try to get Writen approval in order to be able to bring my idea to life.

I will consider making one for personal use anyway, and if I am able to get consent, I can then see if anyone else would like them (I know you will ;P).

Thank you once more, and I hope to see you in game.

I don’t mean to discourage you, but writing for permission will not be fruitful or productive. The fact is, we get a lot of requests of that nature, and in fact, I am the company representative who addresses them. People ask about every kind of item: novels, plushies, stickers, clothing, printed art, action figures, and much more. However, we are not able to offer permission for individuals to make and sell items based on our IP (intellectual property).

Setting up licenses, vetting products, doing quality checks, and so forth is a time-consuming and labour-intensive business. And because it’s our IP, our involvement on that level would be required. Because we’re not able to engage in the lengthy process of individual licensing, we formed a partnership with WeLoveFine, as they are experts in this very field. They will be able to sort through and kitten various offerings, then bring them to us for final approval before manufacturing the items and offering them for sale.

So the only opportunity to create merchandise, such as t-shirts, using our brand is to work through the WeLoveFine Fan Forge.

Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Creating GW2 T-Shirts

in Community Creations

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

Based on this sentence in Gaile’s post, I… just couldn’t resist.

“They will be able to sort through and kitten various offerings,…”

Attachments:

Creating GW2 T-Shirts

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

Based on this sentence in Gaile’s post, I… just couldn’t resist.

“They will be able to sort through and kitten various offerings,…”

Dwayna bless our word filter. Seriously, I love it! :-/ Let’s use “analyze” or “review” rather than the kittenkittenkitten word I tried to use, which is a synonym for the above. (What is this, the 412th time I’ve made the same error in using variations of as-sessment?)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Creating GW2 T-Shirts

in Community Creations

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

Setting up licenses, vetting products, doing quality checks, and so forth is a time-consuming and labour-intensive business. And because it’s our IP, our involvement on that level would be required. Because we’re not able to engage in the lengthy process of individual licensing, we formed a partnership with WeLoveFine, as they are experts in this very field. They will be able to sort through and kitten various offerings, then bring them to us for final approval before manufacturing the items and offering them for sale.

So the only opportunity to create merchandise, such as t-shirts, using our brand is to work through the WeLoveFine Fan Forge.

Thanks for understanding.

So, I gather my wish (and I assume many others) for an official licensed GW2 figurines of our characters are not possible because ArenaNet are either unable to make the licensing deals, or choose not to for any number of reasons.

Which is a shame, because I think GW2 would actually lend itself pretty well to that type of product, given the huge number of variations of each individual character. Although I suppose that could mean a lot more work on Anets end.

(I really want a figure of my Asura Mesmer covered in Leyline armor sitting on my desk :P)

(edited by Karnasis.6892)