Custom Reaper figurine 2015 (DoR creations)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Deity of Ragefire.4287

Deity of Ragefire.4287

Hello, i made this figurine cause rhytlock felt lonely on the shelf XD.
(yes , i was hoping for a HoT collectable figure with xpac)

I made a tiny error so the custom backpack didnt fit on the armor ^^

Below some fictional backstory for the armor, gs and backpack and how it would (maybe) fit in the current gw2 lore :P

“Dragonbash armor”
This impressive piece of craftsmanship was said to be the grand reward for the victor of the Dragonbash tournament. Unfortunantly when the time of the victor’s ceremony arose the armor was nowhere to be found, except for a couple of small footprints leading to a burrow….

“Zaithan’s Bane/Legacy”
A great blade; corrupted by a malicious force and forever radiating a necrotic aura of death and decay. Along with dozen of dead researchers this weapon was retrieved from a Priory facility that was conducting experiments with Dragon energy…

“Inquest Fractal Capacitor”
Fortune smiled upon the Inquest when they looted schematics off a Whispers agent’s corpse at Claw island. This Notorius organisation has now succesfully replicated the Fractal Capacitor; while adding some modifications to it of their own;
Chaos infused focus crystals, a reinforced deldrimor steel containment unit, twin arcane heat dispersion panels and a bigger, more fancy banner…

Enjoy o/

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Oooh, that looks amazing! I love it ^^
You don’t happen to have a certain plan on how to make it, a tutorial of some kind?

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

in Community Creations

Posted by: Name.9128

Name.9128

Wow looks so good!

-Skydis

in Community Creations

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

One word. Awesome!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I don’t like skulls or necromancers or dead things in general, but that’s really well made.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Deity of Ragefire.4287

Deity of Ragefire.4287

Thanks for the comments!

i don’t really have a proper guide for this. sorry! XD

But if i had to sum it up in steps roughly:

1. a concept/idea (includes reference material etc)
2. materials( good doll clay and paper/cartboard, plastic tape) + sculpting tools.
3. create a skeleton of the figurine with the paper/cartboard then wrap it tightly with tape to strengthen the object if needed( make sure its smaller then the actual size you are eventually aiming for cause it still needs to be encased in clay)
4. start applying a thin layer of clay on entire skeleton so you have a good foundation(while the clay is starting to dry you can still modify the pose IF you didnt tape the joints too much)
5. Start sculpting the core elements of your figure on the skeleton(up to creator what these are; think of muscles, head, hands, feet)
6. start refining the core elements( sanding to smooth surfaces, adding more details)
7 .start adding the secondary elements to your now refined project.( armor, clothing,weapons, hair)
8. refine one more time to smoothen the final figurine,remove any leftover clay/repair cracks.
9. last step left is coloring it with paint.

My suggestion is to startoff small for 1st time/test.. a weapon prop for instance.

Hope this explanation helped somewhat ^^

o/