Guard PoV [Saint]: Coming soon.

This was made yesterday, post-patch.

(edited by Anierna.6918)

[DD] SE p3 4:37 [Restricted]

in Community Creations

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

dat high quality graphics in Ani’s view

Nice run! Definitely some room for improvement though, so it’ll be nice to see the time get better.

(perhaps ask a question or promote discussion in the OP so that it doesn’t get linksvilled)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Neat. To bad those potions ran out, could of been a bit quicker ^^

Dr Winston | [DnT]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Nice run, but you can save some time with another team composition imo (could be possible with the same team composition as well I think)

Also it seems you did it before they change the path. Now you can’t skip the barriers and the dredge cart is not like that anymore (you can go through ).

Last thing, if the champion start to talk with the NPC at the end, that’s when we start a record run again

(edited by Jeremlloyd.6837)

in Community Creations

Posted by: SorrowsEmbrace.8120

SorrowsEmbrace.8120

We did it today, so it wasn’t before the change. but yes, definitely some polishing to do.

~ Zoii

in Community Creations

Jeremlloyd.6837

Ah ok, my bad then ^^

in Community Creations

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

You can skip the barriers, the way we did it. That new railing Anet added is just hilarious. We used it as a staircase to make it even easier to skip than it was pre-update.

You can see that it’s the newest version of the dredge cart because I ran in and out of it while looking for an LH. There were 5 secs during that part where I was running around like an idiot looking for it. TS during that part was: “Where’s the hammer?” “It’s there!” “Where?” “THERE!” /facepalm

Our consumables and food running out was fail. Zoii and me dying during the run to the second boss was also fail (Dormin saved me with Warbanner, but still fail). We could get it down to the 4:24 [Vs] had in the Unrestricted if we hadn’t messed up so much.

I’m pretty sure the group comp we used for that was optimal. Guard for rotating reflects at the new dredge cart is vital; 2 Ele’s for 4x FGS for first and last boss is important. We could replace the thief with something, I guess. Maybe another ele or a ranger.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Yeah there was no need for the thief. Nice to see you guys doing some records ^^.

in Community Creations

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

I’m super proud of you guys. A really really good job! We can do it better!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Yay it doesn’t look like N64 this time Ani! I still can’t believe we didn’t keep an eye on the food/consumables and no one noticed :P

Pretty sure we can get it faster too but we just cannot bear the thought of more Dredge just yet. I’ll post up my viewpoint later today though once I figure out this whole timer thing.

@Jerem: We have Liahm trigger the dialogue so that we don’t have to wait as long. It does burn some seconds though. Is there something else that can skip the dialogue?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Community Creations

Jeremlloyd.6837

I’m not sure it’s RNG I think, that’s why this path is a pain to speedrun -.-

You were lucky to have it then if Liahm triggered it, coz if no dialog, he would’ve died most likely ^^

(edited by Jeremlloyd.6837)

in Community Creations

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

It was getting boring seeing the same guilds doing records, was refreshing to watch:) nice job

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.

in Community Creations

joey the creator.3587

also how did you make your link, not a direct link ? it’s a smart idea for not going moved to linksville. Maybe That was a stupid question haha I’m guessing you just typed it

(edited by joey the creator.3587)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

copy link -> paste link. I was having issues hyperlinking it, so I left it as-is.

Also, does anyone know of a good recording software? I recorded this with Fraps, and that sub-5 mins of video was 4 GB. Fraps also makes my FPS drop from 130 to 60, along with occasional lag spikes of less than 10 FPS. The only other recording software I’ve tried is Overwolf, but that drops FPS even further, down to 30 =(

EDIT: IKR! Screen freezes during FPS spikes are terribad. Even if I don’t end up dead during a spike, I end up running backwards or something. And it only happens with Fraps. There has to be something better >.<

(edited by Anierna.6918)

in Community Creations

joey the creator.3587

oh lol it may have actually worked to your advantage not having the hyper link.
I use fraps aswell and it causes my fps to drop and sometimes me screen to freeze during major fps spikes :/

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

copy link -> paste link. I was having issues hyperlinking it, so I left it as-is.

Also, does anyone know of a good recording software? I recorded this with Fraps, and that sub-5 mins of video was 4 GB. Fraps also makes my FPS drop from 130 to 60, along with occasional lag spikes of less than 10 FPS. The only other recording software I’ve tried is Overwolf, but that drops FPS even further, down to 30 FPS =(

MSI afterburner is pretty sweet for recording. Also, well done on the record. Plenty of places where you can improve the time, so hopefully someone else (or you) takes advantage of that. :P

in Community Creations

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Use MSI afterburner. Less of a fps drop compared to fraps and it produces smaller files for equal quality.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

I… I feel so useless _… losing my potions/food (well, the potion not that much, but the food) and never noticing it…
At least my tactics works.

Also known as Liahm Lee

in Community Creations

joey the creator.3587

Still got moved to linskville :/

in Community Creations

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Bummer. Well, I was going to repost edited videos anyways. Something nicer than the raw in addition to the Guard PoV.

Although everything will end up being re-done after the ferocity patch :P

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur