Enter the Coliseum (theme)

in Community Creations

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

https://youtu.be/niQP4MasBIo

Inspired by the Eternal Coliseum PVP map I wanted to capture what kind of fanfare could be playing for the gladiators entering the arena. The battle awaits!

Little red Lioka

in Community Creations

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I really like this! Thank you for sharing it.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Community Creations

Posted by: Squeeks.8496

Squeeks.8496

Your fanfare is very vivid – I could “see” the combatants marching up in line, grim faces, wielding weapons, determined – great job (thumbs up)

Then I started to pull out your posts, Lioka and focussed on music topics: Thank you for “Walk in the Woods” – “Nights in White Satin” – “Fanfare” – “Lamentation”.

Thank you for introducing me to the wonderful music composed by STEP and Corvus. I had absolutely no idea how creative GW2 musicians are.

As I don’t want to be accused of necroing these months old threads, I’ll place my admiration here for Omabroodje (Crystal oasis) – Randomwolf – Hunnamus (flute) – The V (Essence of Silence/Epica) and many more.

(edited by Squeeks.8496)

in Community Creations

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Thanks!

I want to make sure though you’re not attributing songs to me that aren’t mine though.
Nights in White Satin is a Moody Blues cover

Edit: (clarification)

Fanfare and Lamentation aren’t mine at all unless you’re shortening the names of my songs. I don’t have a song named “fanfare” or “lamentation”.
Lots of good music from the community though. Love it!

Little red Lioka

(edited by lioka qiao.8734)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Squeeks.8496

Squeeks.8496

Ah, I called the coliseum “fanfare”, – as for “lamentation” = the Mesmer’s lament. I love the lyrics, thanks for adding it.

And yes, I know who composed “nights in white satin” long long ago, last century…. one of my favourite songs as a youngster.