Extra Life 2012

Extra Life 2012

in Community Creations

Posted by: Cytheria.2867

Cytheria.2867

Hi folks,

Was just wondering if any players (or even better, staffers) were planning on taking part in the Extra Life charity 24hr gameathon event on Oct 20th this year?

I’ve taken part over the last couple of years, and plan on doing it again this year, on GW2 and was wondering who might be around, and where, to take part, as anyone who’s done it before will appreciate how helpful it can be to have a little company through the wee hours when you’re hitting the red eyed wall of doom.

For those that haven’t heard of it before, Extra Life is a gaming event where gamers ask friends, loved ones, random strangers, etc, to sponsor them to game, non-stop for 24 hours, and all the proceeds go to Childrens Miracle network hospitals. Further information is available on their site at www.extra-life.org

On top of doing it again this year, I’m probably going to do a non stop live feed on my twitch.tv channel (assuming the staff don’t object, I’ve submitted a ticket to check) so that people can watch the slow steady decline into sleep deprived gaming madness.

If you’re not taking part, but like the idea, feel free to sponsor me

Mod’s If there’s any problems with me posting this, or linking to the charity site, etc, please delete this post, I don’t want to cause any unnecessary hassle!

Extra Life 2012

in Community Creations

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi Cytheria,

no harm done but I moved it here, as the content of this thread fits better in Linksville.

Thanks!

Extra Life 2012

in Community Creations

Cytheria.2867

Ahhh wasn’t sure if it should go in here anyway, much obliged!

Extra Life 2012

in Community Creations

Posted by: Laughter.7042

Laughter.7042

I will be doing Extra Life as well.

So excited.. last year I think I was up for around 48 hours. http://www.extra-life.org/participant/JewelDaab

Extra Life 2012

in Community Creations

Cytheria.2867

only managed 28hrs in game last time, though I was probably up for around 36+

Can only imagine how zombied you were last time… did you rift it? Being turned into random animals by staffers was really brain melting at 20+ hrs lol

Extra Life 2012

in Community Creations

Posted by: Laughter.7042

Laughter.7042

Yeah, I totally Rifted it the whole time. I was tired at 24.. but we were having so much fun we just kept going.

Extra Life 2012

in Community Creations

Posted by: Metaphorical.3207

Metaphorical.3207

As will I.

My Extra-Life Page

Check out [Bane] and their Website

Extra Life 2012

in Community Creations

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

How about a GW2-sponsored Extra Life event? Rift did one last year, and it was quite fun: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/255174-rift-extra-life-event.html

It’s good PR for ArenaNet and winds up being a good community-building exercise.

Extra Life 2012

in Community Creations

Posted by: maddbomber.2176

maddbomber.2176

Any word yet on Arena Net if they are sponsoring this or not?

I know the Gaiscioch community is sponsoring it, as are a few other good sized guilds. Would be very cool to get official support in my chosen game to spend those 24 hours.

Extra Life 2012

in Community Creations

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

I wonder if I can convince my wife to let me GW2 for 24 hours if it is for charity. Hmm. I may have a shot as she plays too.

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.