Guild Wars 2 3D Review by S3DGamerZone

in Community Creations

Posted by: Recostar.5628

Recostar.5628

We are very happy to be showing you S3DGamerZones review of Guild Wars 2. We believe that by making our reviews into 3D videos it is the stepping stone towards people understanding the full potential of gaming in 3D. You really can’t get a feel for what it means to game in 3D by reading an article, you have to see it for yourselves to understand why we gamers are so passionate about stereoscopic gaming.

MMO’s are traditionally a very difficult thing to review for several reasons. The biggest is that they keep changing and evolving over time. Game mechanics are constantly being updated along with character progression/Talent trees, this makes it very difficult to have a review stand the test of time. what an MMO starts out being can be very different from how it ends, some have even gone from Subscription based to free to play.(But we won’t mention any names here :P)

What we tried to do is focus on the game-play, environment and how it lends itself to 3D. We wanted to focus on the Stereoscopic effectiveness in Guild was 2 and see if there are any major anomaly’s that might make it difficult to play. S3DGamerzone has been lucky enough to have this review done by a Warcraft player which allows us to get a real inside look at what can hinder or help playing games in MMOs. We hope this review will answer all your questions as it provides an in-depth look at Guild wars 2 . We look at not only it’s 3D effectiveness but also how well they integrated it into other game play elements.

If you do not have a 3D TV/Monitor you can watch the video using the Cross eyed trick or grabbing a cheap pair of red/Cyan glasses at the local Dollar store.

We love feedback and would be happy to answer any of your questions regarding how to get started playing game sin 3D.

Let us know what you thought of the review.

Visit our website Here to see the full 3D video review of Guild wars 2, put on those 3D glasses :P
http://s3dgamerzone.com/review/guild-wars-2-review-in-3d/

(edited by Recostar.5628)

in Community Creations

Recostar.5628

Link works now, Sry about that :P

in Community Creations

Posted by: Johnson.4867

Johnson.4867

3D is cool and all, i have an Asus 3d monitor with Nvidia 3d vision + glasses but I feel its almost “too much” when i play games in 3d…and may possibly get a headache…maybe its just me, idk.

oh…and it kills your fps…forgot to add that.

and If you see this, for some reason my 3d option is Grey’d out and cant enable my 3d in Gw2…its enabled in Nvidia control panel and works for other games…..

(edited by Johnson.4867)

in Community Creations

Recostar.5628

3D is cool and all, i have an Asus 3d monitor with Nvidia 3d vision + glasses but I feel its almost “too much” when i play games in 3d…and may possibly get a headache…maybe its just me, idk.

oh…and it kills your fps…forgot to add that.

Hey Thanks for the feedback,

We have also noticed that it does take a hit to your FPS. However, most MMOs tend to do this when there are areas full of other players. MMO’s are traditionally CPU dependent, so even if you do have a beast GPU your CPU is what takes a kick in the pants.

We found that lowering shadow and reflections significantly increases your FPS, it adds almost 15 fps.

We really enjoyed this game in 3D as it has some spectacular visuals. Also having things like the courser render in 3D makes it so much easier to target objects and navigate the UI. It’s a pain in mmos trying to specifically click over an object when there’s 2 objects over lapping each other. For instance, when you kill a huge mob and all the body’s pile up ontop each other.

In the end though, these little gripes are easily looked past and we’ve had one of the best 3D experiences we have ever had at S3dGamerZone. I’m truly very great full that they implemented 3D settings into there game. I was a little disappointed when I couldn’t find any other reviews showing off how awesome this game looks in 3D. For them to implement this into their game meant we had to do a 3D video review and show it to the community.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Johnson.4867

Johnson.4867

i just wish i could see the game in 3d… (it may be a driver problem others are claiming and that I can revert back to an older version)

in Community Creations

Recostar.5628

i just wish i could see the game in 3d… (it may be a driver problem others are claiming and that I can revert back to an older version)

We haven’t had many people report this issue to us but we are aware of it. It might be a driver setting that you will have to change.

Can you go into your Nvidia drivers, and under Stereoscopic 3D select ’Set up Stereos
copic 3D". Then Select when the display is in 3D mode. 2 options will drop down , select “Only while full screen 3d programs run” See if this helps.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

I play Guild Wars 2 in 3d sometimes. I bought a brand new computer for this game (it came with nvidia 3d vision) and I can’t run my graphics on full while in 3d due to the lag. Mouse lag is the biggest problem. It makes some skills useless since you need your mouse. If I turn down the graphics it is fine, but I lose all the nice shading, etc. Also it is a very bad idea to play in 3d when killing any of the dragons due to the epic lag.

But I love going into the snowy zones with 3d on. The falling snow looks awesome. I wish there were more zones with weather.

Gamer Gal

in Community Creations

Posted by: AndysonofBob.1458

AndysonofBob.1458

+1 for the review. I had the same experience. When I first got the game, I rated S3D a grudging 6 out of 10, after a couple of days 8 and now its a definate 10!

Have you watched Angry Joe’s video review for GW2? It is the only MMO he has given a perfect score. He says despite the niggles, it is still 10/10. I feel the same way about GW2’s 3D.

I love the 3D in this game.

The mouse is 3D!!! The text is 3D!!

It is well optimised: I have shadows – low; reflections – off (looks better IMO); normal sampling and everything else maxed. On my i2500k and 670 with 8GB I am getting 60FPS when out of any populated area! In 3D. That’s fantastic!

If I had to sum up GW2’s S3D in one word, it would be: ‘epic.’

@NCSOFT
Thankyou so much for implementing 3D so well. I cannot believe how much I am enjoying this game.

(edited by AndysonofBob.1458)

in Community Creations

Recostar.5628

+1 for the review. I had the same experience. When I first got the game, I rated S3D a grudging 6 out of 10, after a couple of days 8 and now its a definate 10!

Have you watched Angry Joe’s video review for GW2? It is the only MMO he has given a perfect score. He says despite the niggles, it is still 10/10. I feel the same way about GW2’s 3D.

I love the 3D in this game.

The mouse is 3D!!! The text is 3D!!

It is well optimised: I have shadows – low; reflections – off (looks better IMO); normal sampling and everything else maxed. On my i2500k and 670 with 8GB I am getting 60FPS when out of any populated area! In 3D. That’s fantastic!

If I had to sum up GW2’s S3D in one word, it would be: ‘epic.’

@NCSOFT
Thankyou so much for implementing 3D so well. I cannot believe how much I am enjoying this game.

Hi Andy,

Joe did a fantastic job reviewing Guild wars 2, It was the main reason why I grabbed the game so quickly. To date Guild wars 2 is one of the best 3D experiences I have ever had in an MMO.

I also found the game was very well optimized for 3D gaming. I didn’t really notice much lag except in very dense areas with huge populations or massive battles of over 100 people fighting. Even then it was a small hit to my FPS. However, I am running an i7 2600k at 4.6 with a GTX 680 .

in Community Creations

Recostar.5628

@NCSOFT

I would also like to take the time to thank NCSOFT for seeing the benefits in having their game 3D rdy. In my opinion your game is truly a work of art. Being able to explore this world in 3D has brought an experinace I have never had to 3D gaming.

Sincerely,
Gasparino F-C (aka recostar)
S3DGamerZone

in Community Creations

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

To the developers: Thank-you, Thank-you Thank-you and Thank-you. Your extra work and effort have paid off and those of us who prefer gaming in 3D are thankful of your efforts.

Playing in S3D adds a layer of immersion that 2D games could only dream of. When properly configured not only does the beautiful artwork have depth and volume to it but at times there’s ‘screen pop out’ where elements of the game are coming out of your screen!

The S3D review video linked to above can be viewed in 2D, but if you want to get a hint of what all the fuss is about it can be viewed with anaglyth (red/cyan) glasses, cross-eyed and side-by-side (if you don’t have a 3D monitor/TV).

The awesome looking immersion does come at a price, S3D is going to chew up ~40% of your frame rate. To be able to play in S3D your going to need a gaming rig with enough CPU/GPU power to render the game with S3D @ 60FPS and above and a expensive 3D monitor or 3D-HDTV to view it.

This is my very first MMO and I liken the PvE game play as kinda like playing Skyrim with (sometimes) others. 2+ weeks into it and I’m only 5% into the map – its THAT big!

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D