I am a Toy

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

My name is Clawfford. I am a Toy.

More precisely, I am a soldier of the Toy Legion. I report to my Tribune, Toymaker Tixx.

During the last Wintersday festival, Tribune Tixx took his flagship on a massive campaign covering the regions of Tyria outside our sphere of influence. Toys infiltrated the capital cities of the Humans, Charr, Asura, Sylvari, and Norn. The instructions were to integrate our kind deeply into their societies, and find people to love and care for us. The goal: become Tyria’s most influential power.

Tixx’s operation succeeded. Many Toys found loving homes, and the rest returned on the flagship to try again next year. Now the people of Tyria cry out for Tixx’s return. But when the campaign was analyzed, it was discovered that not all of the Toys left behind had found a proper home. Were they taken against their will? Did they desert the Legion? Did they simply not make it back to the flagship in time?

This is where I come in. The Tribune created me to round up the missing before Wintersday. The manner of my construction allows me to only operate at night, in order to avoid detection as much as possible. I become an inanimate Toy in full daylight, so I will need to garner assistance from any natives I encounter who seem trustworthy.

This is going to be tricky. Toys are known to wind up in the strangest places, so that is where I will have to look. But if I succeed, the Tribune has promised that he’ll alter me so that I can function in the daytime as well. Armed with a bag full of doll-tectors, I head out for my first destination: the Humans of Divinity’s Reach.

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

epik post man total upboat :^)))

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

Amazing luck! One of my doll-tectors has already indicated the presence of a lost Toy in the Salma district! As I enter, I am almost immediately aware of the sound of children playing (up past their bedtime!)

It is an orphanage. I move in closer for a good look. There! A little girl playing with a doll! Is that one of Tribune Tixx’s Princess Dolls? I confront the girl.

Oops! Sorry. Wrong doll. I should have known. Those things are all over the place. Seems like everybody has one of those dolls. It’s no wonder this one wound up at the orphanage.

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

The signal is lost. The doll-tector is either on the fritz, or the Toy has moved. I continue on.

The city is abuzz with activity, even at night. Most people ignore me, thinking me to be just another Charr cub. But as night wears on, my true nature catches the eye of the more observant. I am able to swear several people to secrecy, and enlist them to aid me in my noble quest. I pass out several doll-tectors.

Then I happen upon a huge hole in the ground. The Human’s new arena. This would be a strange place to find a Toy, but the doll-tectors remain silent. Just as well. Probably nothing in there except Krait.

I continue my search.

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kythulhu.9026

Kythulhu.9026

I would totally join you in this…

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Spoiler alert: Scarlet has the missing toys.

Next LS update: Toyxic Alliance? o.O

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Clawfford, are you and your comrades made of firesafe material? If not i kinda got a clue what happened to the missing toys..

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Sir Clawfford, forget not to look to the trees!

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

I was looking for strange places, and I certainly found one!

A sound was floating over the Eastern Commons. It assaulted my ears like nothing I’ve ever heard before in my short existence. I approached with caution, as there were many people about. There seemed to be some sort of carnival going on. And then I spied her. A Princess Doll!

She was standing next to a seedy-looking Human, and she was crying. The man seemed to be using her as some sort of carnival attraction to make money. Quickly, I removed a doll-tector from my bag and activated it. Yes! She was definitely not in a happy arrangement with this fellow. I must get her away from him!

I maneuvered around behind the pair, where the Princess could see me. It took a lot of frantic gesturing, but she finally glanced up and noticed me through her tears. I beckoned for her to follow me. When the man’s attention was on the sights around him, she made a dash for it.

Almost at once we heard a shout, but we weren’t about to stop. Making sure the Princess was on my heels, I weaved in and out through the crowd and towards the escape route I had scoped out. We ducked around a corner into an alley, and held our breath as the Human continued past our hiding place.

“Oh, thank you, brave soldier!” said the Princess when all was clear. “That bad man has kept me prisoner ever since Wintersday, charging people admission to see the talking doll”.

“Only doing my job, Princess”, I said, handing her the doll-tector and pressing the Return switch.

“Dolly”, she said as she faded away in a rainbow of sparkling colors. “Call me Dolly”. And then she was gone.

A job well done! And none too soon, either, as there were signs that daylight was approaching. I went to the back of the alley and concealed myself under a pile of trash. Moments later the sun came up, and animation left me.

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

Would you be willing to entrust Dolly to me? I’ll give her a room of her own in my manor in Salma District! She could have tea with my mini candy corn and Lord Faren when I’m out. And you can visit whenever you want, of course!

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Not to break your immersion, but now that I’ve seen it, I totally want that permanent tonic!

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

Not to break your immersion, but now that I’ve seen it, I totally want that permanent tonic!

((I love it! It makes me as small as an Asura for those cramped jumping puzzles. And I can even use my Experimental Rifle while transformed to make those hard jumps!))

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

Would you be willing to entrust Dolly to me? I’ll give her a room of her own in my manor in Salma District! She could have tea with my mini candy corn and Lord Faren when I’m out. And you can visit whenever you want, of course!

((When Clawfford hit the Return switch on the doll-tector the Princess was holding, it teleported her back to Tixx. But it sounds as if you might rate well on the Tribune’s “Nice” list. Dolly or one of her sisters might very well come this Wintersday to live with you, if that is your wish.))

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

With the setting of the sun, I reanimated. Nothing had disturbed me during the day, and I continued my scouring of the city. As with the previous night, I was able to acquire a few more assistants from the populace that were willing to help.

I managed to rescue one stuffed Griffon that had been entangled in the upper branches of a tree. It seems he had been assigned to a small boy last Wintersday, but his mean older brother had snatched the Griffon away and thrown it over a wall to see if it could fly. Its wing pierced by a branch, it could not get down. I used a doll-tector to send him back to Tixx, where he’ll be repaired good as new. I imagine he will be returned to the lad this Wintersday along with an extra something added in case his brother gets any ideas again.

I completed a sweep of the city well before daybreak, with no more “hits” on the doll-tectors. So I decided to leave any further cleanup to my helpers and head for the next city on my list. I made my way to the Asuran gate in the gardens, and approached from behind. (You can go through from either side. Few people realize that, so the back side was not being watched.) I stepped through the portal and…

(Plop)

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

What, you ran out of energy???

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

(( The time difference! The sun had risen in LA. Instant jet lag — and loss of animation. ))

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

I reanimated. What a way to learn about time zones! I would have to remember that.

Something was wrong. I was face down and couldn’t see well. Had I been trampled into the ground? No… my arms and legs were able to move, but I couldn’t get a purchase on anything. It was as if… that’s it! I was in the water!

I flapped and struggled and splashed. Being made of wood, I am quite buoyant, and I found that by moving my limbs in a certain direction I could alter my position to get my face out of the water for a look around.

Uh, oh! Water all around me. I must’ve been kicked off of the gate ramp into the bay. Wait… yes! City lights in the distance. I was floating out to sea!

Think, Clawfford, think. I stirred my brain, and soon a possibility came to mind; if only… yes! I still had my bag full of doll-tectors! I could flip the Return switch on one, and teleport back to Tixx! I started to fumble one out of the pouch, but paused. If I did that, my assignment would be considered a failure, and then Tixx would never give me the ability to be animate at night time. There had to be another option.

Nothing came to mind. The distant lights seemed to be getting further away, and panic set in. I began to splash uselessly, in an attempt to swim. No luck. I shouted. I yelled. And then I was grabbed from underwater and it turned into a scream!

I would’ve teleported to Tixx right then and there, but my fright was such that I was in no frame of mind to think rationally. But then I realized that I was not being pulled under. In fact, I was moving quite swiftly back towards the lights! In only minutes, I had traveled as far as it had taken me all day to float. The shore was approaching swiftly, and I felt myself being lifted from the water and tossed up onto the beach.

As I sat there at the edge of the water, I turned to look out to sea. All I saw was a fish tail disappearing underneath the waves. Whatever grabbed me must have decided I wasn’t a meal, and threw me back up on shore. I guess it’s a good thing sometimes to be constructed of wood.

The Asuran gates weren’t far, but even closer was a Durmand Priory tent pitched along the shore. There were plenty of researchers milling about outside, so I snuck over, and peeked under the tent flap. Nobody. Perfect! I ducked inside. I didn’t even need to rummage around. The very walls were decorated with the information I needed. The time zones of Tyria!

I committed the information to memory in order to prevent another near-disaster. When I was satisfied that I understood everything, I peeked outside. The researchers were still there, but I needn’t have worried. They were all engrossed in their work. I continued up the beach to the Asuran gates. Choosing my next destination involved a little thought now, but soon I was confident enough to step through one of the portals and continue my assignment.

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

The Grove. City of the Sylvari. The moment I stepped through the portal, I was noticed. “Over here!” called out a nosy fellow. “It’s a toy! A living toy just came through the gate!”

A crowd of the plant people gathered around me. There was no way I was going to be able to operate covertly in this place. Perhaps it was the fact that we were both “born” fully grown and ready to enter the world that peaked their interest in me. Or maybe it was the fact that we were both made up of plant material. Whatever the reason, they seemed an unnaturally curious people, and it made me nervous.

After they had all touched me, and the unanswered questions died down a little, I finally spoke. I explained my mission, and asked for their aid to help me locate any missing Toys.

“The Firstborn!” one said. “You want to see Firstborn Trahearne. He found a toy and has been keeping it safe. Come with us!” And with that, the group eagerly led me through the grove.

As we walked, I noticed a lot of conversations going on. Strange conversations, and stranger humor. It was as if the Sylvari had to gab, but didn’t have anything interesting to say. Don’t get me wrong; they spoke eloquently, and have beautiful voices. But everything I heard was either mindless drivel, or poorly delivered jokes. My attention returned to my entourage as their voices became excited again.

We had arrived at a personal dwelling. Without knocking, the Sylvari opened the door and spilled in with me in tow. “Firstborn! Firstborn Trahearne! Look what we found!”

A tall green fellow walked in from an adjoining chamber. His eyes found me right away, and scrutinized me. “Another toy?” he asked?

“I am a soldier, sir. I’m here looking for Toys that have gone missing.”

“It talks!”, said Trahearne. “How wonderful! You really must meet the other toy I found. Come!” And with that, he turned to leave. The other Sylvari seemed spellbound; almost worshipful of this tall Firstborn. They followed him through the massive home with me in tow, up winding ramps and through boughs until eventually we came to another chamber.

I followed the group inside, and Trahearne stood aside, proudly gesturing towards another toy. “Your Quest is at an end, my good soldier!”

I stared at the toy. I looked at Trahearne. “That’s not…” I began. But Trahearne was already basking in the adoration and congratulations of his fellow Sylvari. I’ll be darned if he didn’t break into a victory speech.

“Sir”, I tried to interrupt. But Trahearne just carried on, citing the noble cause, and glorifying its successful conclusion. I sensed that this wasn’t going to end well.

“But…” I tried again. Trahearne was really on a roll now, and barely glanced in my direction. His crowd was really soaking it all up, so I quietly took the other toy with me and left. I was never missed.

As I returned to the Asuran gate, the attendant noticed me and spoke up. “That was a short visit” he said. “Did you get what you came for?”

“Wrong holiday”, I answered, and stepped through the portal.

Attachments:

(edited by Hamfast.8719)

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Remember when the toys and Toxx went loco?

I bet that was Scarlet too…

Sigh…

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I have a renegade toy to report. I recently stopped by a…restaurant…in Divinity’s Reach for a drink with some…business…associates of mine, and this noisy little golem kept following me the whole time, beeping and booping and generally wanting to be loved. Lady Kasmeer wanted to take it home with her, but the blasted thing seems bent on following me.

I’m afraid that if I don’t get rid of the little barnacle soon, my crew are going to name it, and then I’ll be the bad guy for not liking the thing. Or, worse, the missus is going to get attached to it, and then I’ll have to put up with its incessant noise all day and all night.

HELP

Attachments:

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

I have a renegade toy to report. I recently stopped by a…restaurant…in Divinity’s Reach for a drink with some…business…associates of mine, and this noisy little golem kept following me the whole time, beeping and booping and generally wanting to be loved. Lady Kasmeer wanted to take it home with her, but the blasted thing seems bent on following me.

I’m afraid that if I don’t get rid of the little barnacle soon, my crew are going to name it, and then I’ll be the bad guy for not liking the thing. Or, worse, the missus is going to get attached to it, and then I’ll have to put up with its incessant noise all day and all night.

HELP

Sir,

I have given special doll-tectors to numerous individuals around Divinity’s Reach. The golem needs to hold it, and then the Return switch must be activated. This will return him to where he belongs.

Are you perchance a sailor? (You used the word “barnacle”, and you have a crew – although that part might make you part of an Asuran collective). This particular model of golem is a Toy, not designed to get wet. Please use caution.

If you wish to pin a note to him before sending him back, my Tribune can check to see if Lady Kasmeer is on his “Nice” list this year. Perhaps something can be arranged.

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

The toy golem has been returned! Thanks!

As a matter of fact, I am. I have no idea how the golem might have gotten wet, though. I’m usually so careful with these things.

Attachments:

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

The Black Citadel. I like this place! It feels kind of “homey” for a Toy Soldier. Except…

What am I supposed to do with this Candy Corn man toy? It keeps mutely following me around, and it’s creepy. I don’t want to send him to Tixx; that’d be a waste of a doll-tector. I guess I’ll just have to let him follow me around until I can figure out what to do with him. My assignment continues.

Hmm… not much at the Citadel in the way of Toys. I wander for hours and not a peep. Then just as I am about to leave, I get a reading!

I run in the indicated direction keeping my eyes and ears peeled. Soon enough I happen across a Fahrar. The cubs are practicing their night reconnaissance, and smack-dab in the middle of the group is another Toy Soldier like myself! Well, not quite like myself. This one is missing his head.

As I approach, the apparent leader spies me. “Looky here, boys!” he says. “Another test dummy!”

“I’m no test dummy, dummy”, I retort. “I’m here to find some missing Toys that haven’t found their proper home”.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, knot-head. This guy came to me fair and square last Wintersday.” He said, gesturing towards the headless soldier. “He talked back to his superior, so I knocked off his head”.

“Hmm”, I pondered. “Perfectly understandable. I wonder why my doll-tector seems to think he needs to be returned to my Tribune?”

“Well he’s been the perfect recruit ever since then” replied the cub. “The only problem with him is that we need to lead him by hand everyplace since he can’t see”.

I perked up with that revelation. “Well then that’s the problem!” I said. “He isn’t properly fulfilling his role. I need to send him back for repairs, and then he’ll be returned to you”.

I stepped towards the decapitated doll, but the leader stepped in my way. “Oh no you don’t, varnish-head! We need him for practice! Even though he’s blind, we can whack him all day with our practice swords, and he doesn’t mind.”

A tough problem! These youngsters needed their target, but Tixx didn’t want any imperfect Toy placements, and this Toy was sub-par without it’s head. Then an idea occurred to me.

“If he had a noggin, he would be a better target, wouldn’t he? He could dodge your attacks, and you wouldn’t need to lead him around. Repairs would be complete by this Wintersday. If my Tribune replaced his head with one that didn’t talk, he’d be prefect, wouldn’t he?”

The cub leader considered. “Well, yeah, I suppose so”, he agreed. “But we would fall behind the other Fahrars without him. We can’t spare him even for a few days. We need a good target that doesn’t talk back!”

“Then I have a deal for you” I said with a smile. “Men, I want you to meet Cornwall”. And with that I thrust the Candy Corn man towards them. They gathered around him, with wicked grins spreading across their faces.

I put the doll-tector into the hole in the Toy Soldiers’ neck and pressed the Return switch.

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

My name is Modari. I was modeled after Ventari, the great ancestor.

I was left behind during the last Wintersday festival. I have been hiding in the vegetation and shadows for most of a year now.

When I got here, I was thrilled at the idea that I would be left with a child of my very own. Alas, it didn’t work out that way. The child I was left with was cold and uncaring. After a small heartless thank you to Tixx, my creator, I was all but forgotten in a chest.

Later that same month, my child and his family moved to from Höelbrak to LA. I was accidentally left behind when my toy chest bounced off the dolyak… I followed as soon as I was able, always moving by night, and finding boxes and barrels that seemed to be moving that direction during the day, until I finally found myself inside the Gate to LA.

I hadn’t realized that Lion’s Arch was so big. I searched for months with no results. I have been chewed by dogs, thrown in the bay by a hateful child, and was even thrown in the refuse once by a cleaning woman.

With my heart broken, I gave up. I have been hiding and trying to stay out of the way until my creator comes back, but I fear that all is lost…

Attachments:

Level 80 Elementalist

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

My next destination was the floating city of Rata Sum, home of the Asura. I went to the Lion’s Arch transfer gate and was just stepping through when I thought I heard one of my doll-tectors pinging. Too late! I had already gone through the portal.

Had I really heard something? I had never thought about Lion’s Arch as a possible location. But why not? Even though it is not one of the cultural capitals, it is the main cultural hub. And Tixx did spent most of his trip there last year. I smacked my head for my stupidity. I would have to return to Lions Arch when my task here was complete, and expand my search. I drew forth a doll-tector from my pouch and set to work.

The needle pegged at the top! I was in the immediate vicinity of a Toy! I looked around. I looked some more. I looked again. Nothing! Where could it be?

Rata Sum was hopping with activity. Not just living beings wandering about, but beeps and boops and pings from machinery. Lights of all sorts. Golems and… golems! Of course! My target must be a Toy Golem, hiding in plain sight!

With this revelation, I renewed my examination of the area, and sure enough, I soon spotted him. Smack-dab on top of a remarkable-looking machine that the proprietor was promoting as the “Super Adventure Box”. He looked like an integral part of the device, so I was not surprised that nobody had noticed him.

I couldn’t just toss the golem a doll-tector and tell him how to activate it. Toy Golems have no hands. And this fellow was also very near the edge of the city cube. I could try to climb up, but one wrong move might send me plummeting over the side. I would have to be cautious!

As I stood there pondering how to proceed, I became aware of a voice. “There he is, Peacemaker. He’s interfering with my business! Get him out of here!”

It was the proprietor. He was pointing me out to an officer of the law. I turned to flee, but ran right into a couple of deputies who were standing behind me. As a Toy, I am not supposed to fight with a living being, so I couldn’t resist as they picked me up, took me into the bowels of the city, and locked me behind a force field.

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

I eventually became inanimate as the sun rose. Just because I was in a dark cell and couldn’t see it doesn’t mean I am not affected by it. And when I reanimated again, I was in a trash can. What good fortune! The Peacemakers must have poked and prodded me and finally decided I was no longer “alive”.

I was much more careful this time about being spotted. I still had my gun and my bag of doll-tectors. Now I just needed to make my way back to the Super Adventure Box. Since I had a fix on the Toy Golem, finding him was no issue. Remaining semi-concealed was what took me so long. But I eventually made it back.

The proprietor was there. He was on one side of the box, so I would have to try climbing up the side facing the dropoff over the city’s edge. In actuality, there was a small piece of a courtyard below my climb. But I am lighter than most people, and there is quite a bit of wind at the altitude at which the city hovers. I stood a fair chance of being blown too far out if I lost my footing.

I am no nimble-footed rooftop thief from the big city. My feet are made of wood, and I was climbing on stone. All I had going for me were small hands and feet to squeeze into cracks and crevices. But eventually I reached the peak of the Super Adventure Box, and scootched myself to within reach of the Toy Golem.

“Easy there, little fella” I said nervously, as I braced against a gust of air. I had a nice view, but I was entirely too high up! Dropoff on one side. Proprietor on the other side. I had only one option remaining. I grabbed the golem tightly, and jumped forward off the roof. I hit the ground and tumbled backwards into the entrance of the Super Adventure Box.

Strange! What was this place? What does it mean “Insert Coin”?

And just like that, I was kicked back out again. I had done it! I was safe, and I had the golem!

My ears perked up. What was that sound? The Super Adventure Box is a noisy contraption, but did I just hear another one of my doll-tectors?

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Ashabhi.1365

I am so tired…

There is nothing for me here. I have looked for my child, but to no avail. I have been in the city of LA for almost a year now, and nothing, not even a substitute. The children here have already gotten their Tixx toys from last year and while I am sure they would like a new toy, none of them are my child.

I have thought often of doing the only thing a lonely tattered toy can do, and recycle myself by jumping into the Great Mystic Forge and hoping that what comes out is something that can be useful to anyone.

Attachments:

Level 80 Elementalist

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Ashabhi.1365

A funny thing happened on the way to the Forge…

A small voice came at me from out of the shadows. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing! there, tucked neatly away in a display was a Dolly!

She told me of a city that flew and had grown-ups the size of children, and grown-up sized toys!

I must find this place!

I scurried from shadow to shadow across the city, until I could see the gates in the distance. It would be hard to sneak by the people here, but I think that by keeping to the shadows I can do it… Wish me luck!

Attachments:

Level 80 Elementalist

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Ashabhi.1365

Well, I tried 2 of the gates before I found the one I was looking for. I skipped the one to Hoelbrak, because I knew what it was like, and had no desire to go back there.

The first one I tried took me to a place that was lively with colors and plants…Some of the even moved around on two legs! But there was no flying city here. So, back into the gate I ran, before any of the two-legged plant things could see me.

The second one led me to a great city! There were tents, and people, and children (not mine) and a beautiful park in the middle! It was a scary place…so big… I thought I might lose myself inside of the first 3 blocks, so I felt it best to continue on in my search…

I jumped back into the gate and took one of only two options left.

One option had giant kitty cats guarding the gates. I had a brush with death at the hands of a ranger’s pet, so the thought of having another run-in with large felines did NOT appeal to me. Especially with my newfound sense of urgency to get to the flying city!

The remaining option was unguarded, which was highly unusual. I could only assume that it was between shifts, so I took the opportunity to run as fast as I could before anyone actually saw me. Whew! I made it…

…and what a wonderous city I saw! It truly flew! and there really was life-sized toys!

And low and behold… I saw something that lifted my heart so far up that I thought I would fly as high as the city I was in!

Commander Clawfford!!!

And he was with a toy golem!

Never in my life have I been so happy to see anyone!

“Please, commander Clawfford…can you help me? I need repairs, and I need a family. It is Wintersday, you know… I have been out in the cold too long.”

Attachments:

Level 80 Elementalist

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

I was staring at my doll-tector bag, trying to hear above the din of the Super Adventure Box. Was one of them pinging? Then a voice next to me was drowning out any chance I had of hearing anything. “Huh? What?” Apparently I was being addressed.

It was a Ventari doll! A dirty Ventari doll. A dirty, tattered, battered, and slightly smelly Ventari doll. Had it been living outdoors all year? “Please, commander Clawfford…", it was saying. "Can you help me? I need repairs, and I need a family. It is Wintersday, you know… I have been out in the cold too long.”

“Whoa, fella! I can help you, and you can help me too.” He was looking at me with unconcealed delight in his eyes. “See this Toy Golem here? He doesn’t have any hands. He needs you to help him get back to Tixx. And then Tixx will make sure the both of you get repaired and find a happy home”.

“Oh, I’ll do anything, Commander Clawfford! Just tell me what to do!”

“It’s simple” I told him, reaching into my doll-tector bag and handing one to the Ventari doll. “Just hold on to the Golem. Then flip the switch here labeled Return. It will whisk you back to the Toymaker for repairs and reassignment.”

They aren’t designed for it, and I may have been mistaken. But I could have sworn I saw tears developing in the dolls eyes. “Oh, Commander! It has been so long! I’m going home!

“No”, I told him with a smile. “I can’t send you home. But I’m sure the Toymaker will see that you get there soon”.

The Ventari doll waved, and flipped the switch. In a rainbow of sparkling colors, the two Toys faded away, and I turned back to the Asura gate. “Commander Clawfford”, I chuckled to myself. I liked that!

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: UnknownAssailant.2375

UnknownAssailant.2375

Looking forward to this more than the games actual living story

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Where’s the “Subscribe to Hamfast” button on these forums? XD

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Ashabhi.1365

Dear Clawfford:

I am not sure how well the little toy griffons take direction, but hopefully, he will find you safely to deliver this message.

I wanted to thank you for helping me. Tixx has repaired me good as new! I shine like the day I was created. Alas, Tixx said I cannot have a new family this Wintersday.

I was devastated at first.

Then he told me that he has a special task for me. He has put me in charge of teaching all the new toys how to survive in the outdoors until you and he can mount a rescue…

Finally, he gave me a special gift. He plans to give you the same, but I cannot tell you what it is until he makes it happen. I promise, you will absolutely love it.

So, thank you again, Clawfford. You saved my life. Hopefully I will see you again soon when Tixx returns to Tyria.

Until then, I am contentedly yours,
Modari

Attachments:

Level 80 Elementalist

(edited by Ashabhi.1365)

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Where is Clawfford now? I must know!

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Hamfast.8719

I was down to my last doll-tector, and this years’ Wintersday festival was almost upon us. I had better hurry! Final stop: Hoelbrak.

I am not particularly affected by the cold, mind you. But I was a little concerned about all the snow. If I got too much in my joints, I could stiffen up. And if it was too soft to support me, I would probably fall through up to my neck. I was torn between being slow and cautious of my footing, and having to complete my task in a hurry.

I made a compromise. I began my search amongst the great wooden halls and walkways, so the snow was not an issue. With luck, I would find any missing Toys there, and not have to risk a less-than-smart trek into the snow drifts. Decks and halls would spare my folly. Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la!

No such luck. After completing a preliminary sweep of the Great Hall, I got a ping on my doll-tector; pointing out into the snow. I opted for caution over speed. Stepping out, I was relieved to find that I didn’t sink very far.

I tested each step as I went before putting my weight on it. I was being led up towards a thick clump of snow-laden evergreen trees on a hill. I studied them closely as I approached, but couldn’t see anything underneath the dark cave formed by the slumping boughs. I made it to the perimeter, and parted the needles with the tip of my popgun. Snow fell from the branches, but most of it missed me thanks to my caution. I ducked underneath and went inside.

It was a Toy Griffon, coated with ice. That could be a problem… I hadn’t figured on having to carry another Toy. But obviously I wasn’t going to get any cooperation out of this fellow. I scratched my head and gave the situation some thought.

Hmm… I was on a hill. I tried moving the Griffon. He was not overly heavy. Apparently he hadn’t been soaked all the way through when he froze. Maybe I could simply slide him down the hill? I tried. At first he wanted to tip over, until I found the best balancing position. Then he began to build up snow that caused drag. I had to keep clearing the excess away. If I hadn’t been on a hill, I might not have been able to get him back to a Norn hall. But after I struggled him up onto a boardwalk, he slid along almost like he was on ice skates.

We drew some looks from the night owls, but were unhindered as I slid my burden up to a hearth to thaw out. It took some time, and I had to rotate him occasionally, but before long life returned to the Toy. These guys are quite affectionate, you know. He cooed, and rubbed me with the crown of his head, and flew all over the room in his joy at being animate once again.

Finally he settled down next to me, and I patted him on the head. I fished into my bag and drew forth the doll-tector. Putting it in his beak, I flipped the Return switch and watched him fade away with a smile.

A job well done! I was quite pleased with myself. Then it slowly dawned on me. How was I supposed to get back? I just used my last doll-tector! Once again, I had to slap my head in acknowledgement of my stupidity. Oh, well. No biggie. Tixx would be here soon with this years’ Toy deliveries. I could hang out in Hoelbrak for awhile.

Then a fluttering noise attracted my attention. The Griffon doll flew up and landed in front of me. What had gone wrong? Did the doll-tector malfunction? No, wait a minute. This was a different Griffon; his collar wasn’t the same color. What did it want with me?

He cooed for my attention, and stretched his beak towards me. He was holding something. I reached out my hand and took what appeared to be a letter. I opened it and began reading.

It was from the Ventari Toy I had sent home from Rata Sum! It seems he was doing well now, and wanted to thank me. He said Tixx had something special for me. Then the Griffon nuzzled me and held out another object in his beak.

He dropped a scroll into my hand, wrapped around something. I unrolled it, and something very similar to a doll-tector fell out. I read the scroll.

Clawfford

Consider your assignment complete. You have performed excellently under difficult conditions. I am assigning you to Toy recovery duties permanently, and promoting you. The enclosed item should make future endeavors more efficient.

Well done, Commander Clawfford!

Tribune Tixx

I looked at the object that had been sent with the scroll. It looked like a doll-tector, but the switch was unlabeled. I flipped it, and was enveloped in a brief swirl of glittery light. Nothing. I hadn’t gone anywhere. And yet, something seemed different.

I scratched my head in puzzlement. And something felt different. Quickly, I ran to a nearby mirror and looked at myself. He did it! He did it! Tixx had changed me! I was real!

I was alive!

Attachments:

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Ashabhi.1365

((Merry Wintersday, Everyone!))

Level 80 Elementalist

I am a Toy

in Community Creations

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

((Daaawww… I love happy endings! ))