Just noticed Guild Wars 2 on BBT Lol

in Community Creations

Posted by: Shift Focus.9083

Shift Focus.9083

Been catching up on Big Bang Theory Episodes and just saw this tonight Lol, that advertisement.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Does that show ever actually get funny?

in Community Creations

Shift Focus.9083

Do you? I think it’s funny, as do a lot of other people.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Goose.9317

Goose.9317

If you find really terrible shoe-horned in references for the sake of cheap laughs funny, then yes it does. Oh and can’t for get the catch phrase, because catch phrases are always funny. BAZUNGO!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Been catching up on Big Bang Theory Episodes and just saw this tonight Lol, that advertisement.

There is an episode with Rytlock as well. In a comic book store.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/130506/rytlock2.png

@Goose… Bazinga.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Goose.9317

Goose.9317

There is an episode with Rytlock as well. In a comic book store.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/130506/rytlock2.png

@Goose… Bazinga.

ZIMBABWE!

in Community Creations

Posted by: lockheedlight.5910

lockheedlight.5910

No, it really doesn’t. When I first heard about the show I really hoped it would be funny. People told me it was funny, but I did not find the show amusing even. I was hoping for a geeky comedy but it all felt like geek “humor” written by non-geeks writing what they thought was geek humor.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Uhaen.9876

Uhaen.9876

I was hoping for a geeky comedy but it all felt like geek “humor” written by non-geeks writing what they thought was geek humor.

This is exactly how I felt about the show. I can’t relate to it at all, even being the target demographic (or more exactly, the target, since it very clearly is written by those non-geeks who would find these geek moments funny).

Every time I run into someone with a BAZINGA or a ROCK PAPER SCISSORS LIZARD SPOCK shirt, I automatically know that 1.) they have no taste, b.) we have nothing in common, and theta.) I can’t indulge in any “geek” or “nerd” “culture” with them in presence, without being thrashed at with stupid jokes and inane questions like “how is it possible you don’t find the show funny?”, as if ‘funny’ were an objective concept and it defies universal laws to disagree.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

No, it really doesn’t. When I first heard about the show I really hoped it would be funny. People told me it was funny, but I did not find the show amusing even. I was hoping for a geeky comedy but it all felt like geek “humor” written by non-geeks writing what they thought was geek humor.

Exactly how I feel about it too. I’m not sure what they intended but my impression is that it’s a show for non-geeks to laugh at how they imagine we talk and act.

I haven’t watching it much myself but every physicist I know hates it, and the only person who claims to relate to the characters is my hipster brother.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Community Creations

Shift Focus.9083

Wow, you all are over thinking this.

1) It’s just a comedy show
2) I was pointing out GW2 on the show
3) Seems you guys have that kind of logic where “If I don’t like this I’m going to automatically hate anyone that does” attitude, and it’s disgusting.
4) Where have they stated it’s a show on how “geeks” or “nerds” act towards things? It’s just a show and it doesn’t take a genius to know most people don’t actually act like that in real life, not sure why anyone’s getting offended, people these days -_-

in Community Creations

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Every time I run into someone with a BAZINGA or a ROCK PAPER SCISSORS LIZARD SPOCK shirt, I automatically know that 1.) they have no taste . . . as if ‘funny’ were an objective concept and it defies universal laws to disagree.

So, it’s ok for you to question why they find it funny, but it’s not ok for them to question why you don’t find it funny.

in Community Creations

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Depends who you ask. The show is created by ‘non-nerds’ for ‘non-nerds’, so a lot of the humor comes from a misrepresentation of ‘nerds’ and ‘nerd-culture’. In fact many of the jokes are simply: oh look someones doing something awkward and nerdy. As a nerd myself I’m far too caught up in the various inconsistencies and blatant mistakes to find it funny. Some of the non-nerdy people I know however do find it funny.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think most of my frustration with it doesn’t come from the show itself (which I’ve only seen a few times) as all the people who keep on (and on and on) telling me that because I studied science (biology) at university I’m obviously just like the characters and I must love the show and relate to it 100%.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”