Orr Will Rise Again!

Orr Will Rise Again!

in Community Creations

Posted by: mightyJAWS.3621

mightyJAWS.3621

So I’ve had that idea about Orr:
Characters who completed their entire personal story can talk to an NPC in one of Orr’s maps. That NPC will take the player to an alternate version of Orr – Cleansed Orr.
In those maps we’ll have events to help restore Orr to it’s former self before it sank.
Group Events and quests to help rebuild the civilization of Orr, where the Humans Gods and their heavy believers lived! maybe even a dungeon or a boss there, Maybe even challenging the GODS themselves instead of their priests and priestesses.

What do you say guys? Don’t you want to see Orr restored to it’s former glory?!

Orr Will Rise Again!

in Community Creations

Posted by: mankiboss.4682

mankiboss.4682

That would be really awesome!!! Don’t you think, Anet?

Orr Will Rise Again!

in Community Creations

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

It would be nice to have something like this instead of the hardly explained zombieland that we have now (and by this i mean sure, they explained that after Zhatian was defeated, his risen servants are slowly decreasing in number, but honestly, nothing actually implies that they are decreasing in number)
Furthermore, there was a topic about how the game should have a few more peaceful areas, as there are too many maps with large scale destruction and such. I totally agreed with that idea and i think a restored/restorable Orr could be a nice, relatively peaceful area where we could do a bit different things.

Orr Will Rise Again!

in Community Creations

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

It would be nice to have something like this instead of the hardly explained zombieland that we have now (and by this i mean sure, they explained that after Zhatian was defeated, his risen servants are slowly decreasing in number, but honestly, nothing actually implies that they are decreasing in number)
Furthermore, there was a topic about how the game should have a few more peaceful areas, as there are too many maps with large scale destruction and such. I totally agreed with that idea and i think a restored/restorable Orr could be a nice, relatively peaceful area where we could do a bit different things.

Well we dont actually see the decrease in numbers in Orr, becuase the map (as well as all the other maps) are locked in time. By the time you reach Orr in the PS, the Pact is just starting to move in. So the state of the map is tied into the PS. If they were to make the changes to Orr to reflect a cleansed Orr, those doing the PS would be super confused until they finished the story. Just like the ruins left by the Tower of Nightmares, the toxic events, LA, etc. from Season 1. Unless you were there, you have no idea what transpired, and it still leaves a bunch of people confused.

Although I am for the idea of a cleasned Orr, it would have to be played out in instances. Similar to dungeons, or how Season 2 is played out. That way, those just getting to follow the story can do so without too much continuity issues, and those who have completed it, can do so and see and experience the changes.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Orr Will Rise Again!

in Community Creations

Posted by: mightyJAWS.3621

mightyJAWS.3621

Well we dont actually see the decrease in numbers in Orr, becuase the map (as well as all the other maps) are locked in time. By the time you reach Orr in the PS, the Pact is just starting to move in. So the state of the map is tied into the PS. If they were to make the changes to Orr to reflect a cleansed Orr, those doing the PS would be super confused until they finished the story. Just like the ruins left by the Tower of Nightmares, the toxic events, LA, etc. from Season 1. Unless you were there, you have no idea what transpired, and it still leaves a bunch of people confused.

Although I am for the idea of a cleasned Orr, it would have to be played out in instances. Similar to dungeons, or how Season 2 is played out. That way, those just getting to follow the story can do so without too much continuity issues, and those who have completed it, can do so and see and experience the changes.

Read again. The suggestion is to have an NPC that takes you to an alternate version of Orr, which only characters who completed the personal story can get to. Not changing Orr as it is right now, only add alternate version for characters who completed the story, where you have new stuff to do which will help restore Orr.