Precursor and Legendary Crafting

in Community Creations

Posted by: Darkborne.8725

Darkborne.8725

I am not sure if this has already been brought up, but I think I have a great idea for crafting precursors and legendary weapons.
In order to craft a precursor you must complete the map and story mode. We get the Gift of Exploration and maybe we can get a Gift of Lore for the personal story or just pick the weapon from the end of the personal story. (I think the Gift of Lore should be for the crafting of the legendary) You also must complete each of the Temples and you can get an ascension from each temple or craft one, such as the one for Acolyte of Dwayna title. Then you could combine them in the mystic forge or add them to the weapon later. Now we have 3 things that must happen in order to get the precursor. Now you must craft an ascended weapon. If you want a great sword then craft an ascended greatsword. Now you can put these in the mystic forge or maybe make a new boss encounter where he guards a forge and you can combine the Gift of Exploration, The Gifts of ascension from the temples and both weapons or the weapon and Gift of Lore. Once you have the Precursor you can work on crafting the legendary. As well you can only craft a precursor for your class. so warriors can only craft a precursor for warriors and so on.
I think the legendary should be crafted from defeating all world bosses and getting ascensions from them and adding them to your weapons. (Maybe you cannot kill the next world boss without certain ascensions)Once beating all world bosses you must beat the story mode of every dungeon and get an ascension from each and add them to the precursor. Once all of that is complete you must add the Gift of Battle, Gift of Lore, and 100 Icy Rune Stones and the ascended precursor into the mystic forge to make the legendary. Once you have completed your legendary you can get an option to reset the map and story so that you can make another legendary on that character if you want, or you can just make another character.
I believe this will put an end to the crazy grind for t6 and precursors. This will also allow players to play the game and award them for it. Everything else will have its perks such as gear and if Anet decides to add other legendary items they can use the same system because it would be easy to incorporate, I think. You can also have the precursor change in looks as you add ascensions so that new skins can be added and it is another incentive for players to play the game. After all that is what Anet wants right? I know I want to be rewarded for playing the game and not grinding. The Karma, Gold and t6 grind gets boring and I think that is why people are leaving the game.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

That will definitely never happen. Ascended are not very hard to make, but legendaries are legendary because they are supposed to be rare and worthwhile for their effort. It’s bad enough map completion is required, but if you toss in personal story people will quit before they start. I have a lot of friends who only do wvw or pvp. It was only recently that pvp was made more rewarding for players who enjoyed that aspect of the game. Granted, there are some pvp players who have taken the time to step out and make (or buy) a legendary, but I would not say very many.

And you should define “world bosses.” The ones recognized by anet and appear on the dulfy timer are not very many and occur on a set rotation. You mention the temples, but they do not have a set timer. There is also Foulbear in Fields of Ruin.

By your suggestions you have made legendary crafting equally tedious. You want us to do map comp AND personal story AND story mode for dungeons AND world bosses. If such a thing were to be implemented, do you not think that anet would require to run story mode multiple times – fight world bosses multiple times? The “ascension” items would not be a guaranteed drop. They would make it RNG and, with our luck, they would make them rarer than the original precursors. To top it off, they would probably be account bound.

I have friends who have played for the same amount of time, if not longer, that I have and have never seen a precursor. I’ve been here over two years. I’ve seen one precursor come to me naturally and I forged it. One friend got Venom two days in a row, but no one really counts water legends as real legends, except Kotaki. But, I have several other friends who have not seen a single precursor come their way via forging or drops. Half of the grind of the legend is the precursor.

I think it would behoove anet to find some way to make precursors more available, but I don’t think they will change the way they are made and I don’t think they should.

in Community Creations

Darkborne.8725

I am not sure why they would make these ascension items a near impossible drop such as a precursor. I believe it should be rare, more like an exotic drop. Why would Anet want to make it near impossible to get? I think they lose more people making it impossible to get things. If they were trying to keep hardcore gamers that is who they are going to keep, and they will lose a large base of casual gamers. The hardcore gamers will leave anyway for paid games such as WoW and other pay monthly games due to their better established systems. I have been playing since day one and have not seen a precursor. I had to buy a precursor 400g and now I have Flameseeker Prophecies, the most useless Legendary, but I like it. I am now working on Kraitkin since Venom was 70g. The point I was trying to make is Anet has made it a grind. Not only for the precursor, but for the Gift of Fortune. The Gift of Mastery is fun to get, because you get that for playing the game. If people are upset about the personal story it is because the story is kind of lame. If someone quit GW2 for having to do the map and personal story that is sad because you have to grind for 2 months just for enough gold for t6 whereas the story can be done in 1 day. Map completion could take 2 weeks if you are moving, and as for dungeon stories 1 day. The hardest part would be the world bosses perhaps but when you add it all together people are playing more of the game and it is not a grind-fest except for maybe the world bosses. If Anet is trying to get people to pay for legendaries they are doing a pretty good job since I doubt people would be running around with as many as they are. The best way to get gold is also dungeon farming and world boss farming so what is the difference in what I have proposed except they can cut the dungeon grind down to 1 story mode, and perhaps world boss grinding as well. Story dungeons is something almost no one does. I also think that making the precursor by leveling the crafting profession and world map completion is great because it gives players another thing to look forward to after map completion and having a precursor motivates players to make the legendary. Having everything before you even get the precursor isn’t really all that fun. Also not is making precursors in GW2 they are getting the drop or buying them. If they are “made” in the Mystic Forge it is basically like getting a drop.

in Community Creations

Calliope.8675

1. A legendary is legendary because it is not easy to make. Therefore, things you need to make it are not easy to come by.

2. All of your suggestions are for pve. You leave no recourse for someone who only plays wvw or pvp. They also happen to be a rather large group of the player base.

3. As you pointed out, your suggestions could be completed in one day. How does that make you feel about your legendary? You went through a “grind” to get story and dungeon SMs done, you have your weapon in hand, but it barely took any effort.

A legendary requires effort. You want an easy mode and that isn’t fair to players who worked hard for their legendaries. I have two legendaries that are mine and I have helped (at least) five other people make their legends, sacrificing my stores of T6 materials to put them ahead. I have a friend who is working on a legendary now and he is a strictly pvp player. Every day that he does map completion he whines, but while he’s whining he’s completing 2-3 maps. He doesn’t care about personal story. He doesn’t care about dungeons. He doesn’t care about boss events. If you were to make someone who abhors the pve aspect of the game put even more effort into it then you will lose those players.

Also consider, if anet allowed us the ability to make precursors, it wouldn’t be an easy task either. I imagine it would be similar to the way we craft legendaries, but it would just be an alternate route if our RNG is failing us and we don’t want to farm the gold to buy the precursor. I doubt it would be any less grindy.

in Community Creations

Darkborne.8725

What I have suggested doesn’t change anything about the WvW aspect or the PvP aspect of the game. YOu still need the Gift of Battle and karma, which can be earned in WvW. As for PvP nothing has changed their either. I do not see anyone seriously farming for a legendary in PvP unless it was for a precursor drop.
As for somethings being able to be accomplished in a day that is a whole day of GW2 not jsut 2 or 3 hours so it does take effort. I am not saying that a Legendary shouldn’t be hard to get, but it shouldn’t be nearly impossible. As for me saying they should be heavy PvE reliant yeah they should be. PvP really has nothing to do with the game you just grind the same thing over and over again. There isn’t much of an accomplishment in that. Plus they have tournaments and cash prizes. I believe that is more than PvE gets. I’ve worked by butt off for the Legendary and a half I have gotten, all I am saying is GW2 needs to change 2 things. Precursors should be account bound and all materials for it should be account bound. The easiest way to do that is to make it through game accomplishment not hours played or how much money someone used to pay Anet. No matter what there will be a grind if it is “challenging” because its is hard to make a game that comprehensive, but actually using all aspects of the game would be helpful so its not as dumb as farming barracudas for hours or running around the same champ train, speed running dungeons, or trying to rip people off in the BLTC. The game should be fun, not like a 2nd job. By no means were any of my suggestions easy, as you said a lot of people would quit achievement is much harder than mindless grinding. Anyone can do that. It just takes time.
As for a Legendary being hard to get now is that hardest time, and it will only get more expensive without change. When the game came out you could make one for less than 100g now you can’t even get your Vial of Powerful Blood for that.

in Community Creations

Calliope.8675

What I have suggested doesn’t change anything about the WvW aspect or the PvP aspect of the game. YOu still need the Gift of Battle and karma, which can be earned in WvW. As for PvP nothing has changed their either.

You’re missing what I’m saying. Read this slowly so you understand what I mean. Some players don’t care to play pve. They only focus on pvp or wvw. So, by suggesting that we have to complete personal story, do dungeon story modes, and other world events, you are requiring players who dislike the pve aspect of the game to do even more of that. You did not take them into consideration at all. PvP players will work to make a legendary because I have had several ask me what certain weapons are, especially since I have two legendaries. They see a skin they like and want to know how to get it. They will come out of pvp to accomplish the bare minimum of pve needed for a legend. If you want to suggest more, “easier,” alternate methods, then it needs to encompass all aspects of the game, not just pve because that’s all you know how to do. Anet only recently (ish) introduced reward tracks to pvp to entice some pve players into pvp because of certain rewards you can earn. It was also put in to balance the fact that a player who only participated in pvp had no way to make money.

As for somethings being able to be accomplished in a day that is a whole day of GW2 not jsut 2 or 3 hours so it does take effort.

That’s not effort. That’s like going to gamestop and buying a new game for your xbox and finishing it in a day.

I am not saying that a Legendary shouldn’t be hard to get, but it shouldn’t be nearly impossible.

They are not nearly impossible. You’re just being lazy.

As for me saying they should be heavy PvE reliant yeah they should be. PvP really has nothing to do with the game you just grind the same thing over and over again. There isn’t much of an accomplishment in that. Plus they have tournaments and cash prizes. I believe that is more than PvE gets.

No, they shouldn’t. PvP promotes player skill. I would rather take a bunch of pvp players into a dungeon with me and explain the mechanics of the instance rather than a bunch of pve noobs who die at every encounter. That issue aside, there is prestige in the accomplishments of the pvp player. Their rank goes up. At the end of a track they can earn certain special rewards.

By tournaments I’m going to assume you mean the ones that have been going on for the past year, like the Tournament of Legends last Spring and again in August. Yes, they get tournaments. It’s a way for them to show off their skill, but don’t whine. Anet has provided PvE with new and exciting boss challenges. They increased the skill for accomplishing Tequatl, they added the Three-headed Wurm event to Bloodtide, temporarily we had the Marionette in Lornar’s Pass, and now we have the Vinewraith, which is kind of like the Marionette. Anet gives us new challenges. They’ve given us new armor sets, new weapons, new bosses, new maps, new story, what more do you really want? You can’t exactly have a tournament for pve.

I would also hazard to say that 80-90% of all the achievements and titles that can be earned in the game can only be earned in pve.

in Community Creations

Calliope.8675

Precursors should be account bound and all materials for it should be account bound.

lol Right, and if you get a precursor you don’t want? What then? You can’t even give it away. I was given two precursors because friends new I wanted to make Twilight and Kamohoali’i Kotaki. I have also given away three precursors, one I got from the forge and two I bought as gifts. If you make precursors account bound then you will ruin the good nature of the game.

The easiest way to do that is to make it through game accomplishment not hours played…

Accomplishments come with hours played. If you’re not willing to put in hours for something then it’s not really worth it in the end.

No matter what there will be a grind if it is “challenging” because its is hard to make a game that comprehensive, but actually using all aspects of the game would be helpful so its not as dumb as farming barracudas for hours or running around the same champ train, speed running dungeons, or trying to rip people off in the BLTC. The game should be fun, not like a 2nd job. By no means were any of my suggestions easy, as you said a lot of people would quit achievement is much harder than mindless grinding. Anyone can do that. It just takes time.

By which time it is earned. Farming has to be done regardless of what you’re looking to do. I spend hours in pve because I like it there. I replay the same chapters of living story over and over because, honestly, season two has been fantastic, my only complaint being that each chapter only has about three parts to it. I spend hours in wvw because that’s what my guild does. I spend hours in pvp (playing or not) because that’s where my friends are and I like to be with them. Maybe you should find a few friends if the game is really so boring and grindy to you.

As for a Legendary being hard to get now is that hardest time, and it will only get more expensive without change. When the game came out you could make one for less than 100g now you can’t even get your Vial of Powerful Blood for that.

Once upon a time I was in a rather large pvx guild on my server and a guild member linked the precursor for the shield legendary. That guild member got that precursor at the start of the game for three gold and a year and a half later was debating on making or selling it. Now, at two years+ into the game, that same precursor hovers between 450-500g. Something to keep in mind: Two years ago that same three gold would have been the equivalent of three hundred gold. Time, supply, demand, and players have created inflation. I agree that it would be nice if Anet could find a way to rebalance the market, maybe increase the drop rate of T6 materials, or even keep their word and introduce a way for us to craft the precursor.

I have never minded farming for anything I wanted because, at the end of the day, I really earned it and I was satisfied.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dolphin.2574

Dolphin.2574

I am confused. Why is this being discussed in the Community section?

Shouldn’t this Post be deleted and reposted in the Guild Wars 2 Discussion section?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2

in Community Creations

Calliope.8675

I am confused. Why is this being discussed in the Community section?

Shouldn’t this Post be deleted and reposted in the Guild Wars 2 Discussion section?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2

Because people don’t think, that’s why it’s here. Just like the pvp/wvw videos that get posted here. I’m sure there is a better board for them to go on than here.