Red Guard a Guild vs. Guild video

in Community Creations

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

Here is a new video i have made recently. It is a bit of a twist in that a lot of the fights were planned by guild leaders to fight each other. This is not meant as a “we are superior” video i don’t really want to get involved in anything like that at all. I think win or loose everybody enjoyed the fights and this video is sort of a promotion for more guild vs guild fights, which has to be said is the main pull in the game for me. My video’s have allways been about guild collisions i mean it is Guild Wars 2 and i hope people don’t get the wrong end of the stick with it, this is not a we are better than you video it is as a mark of respect toward fighting a good enemy and an experience difference in some cases and the more casual approach. It would be awesome if you could implement maybe a 15 vs 15 or even 20 vs 20 deathmatch battle that would be completely unique. I’m not sure the effect it would have as a whole on Wvwvw but surely something to look into

Here is the video

I would like to thank the guilds that took part in this video for being tough opposition and good sportsmanship VII Legion, The Unlikely Plan, The Hand Of Blood and Seven Instincts.

Here is also a link to Pryda’s stream which is good stuff and he caught a lot of the footage as well on that night.

http://www.twitch.tv/prydatv/c/1822473

Also if you like this sort of thing there are more links in my comment on the video page to some of my older stuff and also would recommend checking out Haaz, Zorggo, Exmona, Abbadon, Turki, Zumos and Inhuman videos as well.

Red Guard has fought a lot of Guilds from every tier almost and would like to thank you for the awesome fights you have given us so far. Hope you enjoy the movie thank you for your time.

Had a problem with sound had to change the sound and upload again sorry for the confusion.

(edited by Cyril.1486)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

I love you,
because message body length must at least be 15.

[TA]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

If you prefer YouTube for Pryda’s siN fights:

Many props to the awesome guilds we’ve fought in the last few months, hope we’ll get to have even more great fights.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Community Creations

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

need more video with Sarx voice! I love it so much <3
repostin link on this topic to our comminity forum, hope u get some profit from it.

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in Community Creations

Posted by: Thanatos.2431

Thanatos.2431

Yes more more more, Give me a server where you can only heal or boon someone else in your guild. That would at least give an incentive for guilds to start forming instead of random lumps of pugs.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Haaz.1479

Haaz.1479

Please all interested in GvG action post here. I hope Anet will notice this thread and start thinking about some 15v15, 30v30 scenarios.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Nice video and nice skills as expected from RG It’s really interesting since it’s not guild vs zerg but a GUILD WAR.

Can I also have the song titles?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Community Creations

Posted by: VLNt.9862

VLNt.9862

All got def/hp builds ^^?
I see in this clashes that it’s more efficient than a damage one.

in Community Creations

Posted by: killimandros.5087

killimandros.5087

Do you all use skale venom? Just curious as we havent decided wether to risk it or not

in Community Creations

Cyril.1486

Be good action to fight SFR again OSC and ZDs some insane battles miss it allready.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Mona.4576

Mona.4576

Was a good week of action, I hope for many more to come.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Heru.5427

Heru.5427

Do you all use skale venom? Just curious as we havent decided wether to risk it or not

We do, even though it’s not a huge thing, unlike some other things I’ve heard off. Personally I really hope that Anet get the thumb out of their kitten and removes this kind of kitten from WvW. WvW despite what Anet may believe is actually also PvP and IMO these PvE items were definitely not designed with any consideration to balance. They shouldn’t be there at all.

in Community Creations

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Got to watch some of those fights first hand. It’s like an FPS nuclear bomb ;P Although good work guys : )

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Community Creations

Posted by: PaGaNiNi.6978

PaGaNiNi.6978

yeah this was some intense fighting .
And also nice that alot of other people were enjoying it from the side .

Red Guard | Blackrhag

in Community Creations

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Very nice footage, despite it being a bit too chaotic/mindless at times. I’m using an extremely similar build. I don’t get why everyone ignores the warhorn. It’s so good with the condi removal trait.

Fights like this will be a lot more interesting when they fix the culling imo! Hurry Anet.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in Community Creations

Cyril.1486

Very nice footage, despite it being a bit too chaotic/mindless at times. I’m using an extremely similar build. I don’t get why everyone ignores the warhorn. It’s so good with the condi removal trait.

Fights like this will be a lot more interesting when they fix the culling imo! Hurry Anet.

a lot of the time espeically in fights like these a lot of classes use stealth it can be hard to tell if it is actually somebody using a skill or actual culling and of course the warhorn is ace for this sort of thing. A lot of people whined about us in tier 1 because they couldn’t see us partly due to the amount of people they were standing around which effects your culling and us veiling in.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

we miss u too, Lyric, hope we can clash some when somewhere else.

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in Community Creations

Intigo.1653

we miss u too, Lyric, hope we can clash some when somewhere else.

I definitely look forward to fighting ZDs again.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I like the Amiga CD32, Super League Manager Tune used in the video

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Hecksa.7140

Hecksa.7140

Awesome fights, great video.

I’d also like to point out I was totally the last RG player alive when we wiped. Just sayin’ – the rest of you clearly suck.

Not Matter (Mesmer) – [RG]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

Its about time for some guild vs guild in guild wars… 20vs20 would be great. Anet is missing the boat with wvw and the amount of people playing game for it.

This Feb patch best give people reason to stay. For us we dont care we just play for kills. There is alot of people who need some sustenance and drive.

Yet we will probably just get more pve content which does not give the basic needs what people have been asking for ages. Raid UI. hidden commander tag, some form of guild warband.

No doubt it will be Esport focus still. flogging dead horse since the esports teams quit in first month or did not even bother playing… turned out exactly as was said many times. build wars can change gear seeing enemy on start of battle. or bunker specs/roam around avoid enemy to win. Best way to discribe scenarios in gw2… “Play the scenario to win.. not kill the enemy within the scenario to win”.

However that adds these so called “tactics”. which basically means anets way to make it viable for pugs and randoms so they feel they achieving satisfaction by running from bo to bo avoid enemy to win.

Just look at the structured forum. chapman posting all time. Clearing dont give a crap about WvW. where is Wvw guys we have to learn from some random forum mods about WvW junkies interview where the devs said nothing of importance like it was just some big joke. Hell ive not seen Mike posting in ages, i guess hes busy. Still structured is getting way more focus than it should of Anet just looked at the numbers.

Get serious Anet on WvW you was told how many people playing your game was waiting for Open world combat like daoc/war and the games that failed after that. You have it right but your missing big areas you should have had covered for launch. There is already alot of full guilds i know stopped or running lighter numbers till Feb patch saying we will see what happens. Basic fundamental stuff which should go along with WvW.

A big portion of WvW is made up of RvR focused players not pve like you have in your heads. Get it sorted. Nice to know i am blacklisted by Anet now also.. Guess i did not smooch enough.. Hell the one person who loves your game more than most and wants it to succeed. Being too involved in helping game… Good luck.

I would invite izzy/jon/chapman to come join us one night in wvw. Maybe then you will understand. Same offer for Mike/tyler.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Stanley.3295

Stanley.3295

This is a great video, showing the potential of gvg within a wvw context. Esports is a dead idea in the first place. The best part of guild wars is essential gvg, why did they not carry on this aspect is beyond most older gw1 players.

They left out the best part of the game and chase the Esports dream…

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

This is a great video, showing the potential of gvg within a wvw context. Esports is a dead idea in the first place. The best part of guild wars is essential gvg, why did they not carry on this aspect is beyond most older gw1 players.

They left out the best part of the game and chase the Esports dream…

Its like all these new games about the money, Studio behind the game. And most important to keep the random/casual people happy buying stupid crap they dont need on shop.

There wont be anymore games like daoc/war anymore. Or something with hardcore edge. Look at starwars galaxies pre CU. Killed game to just make it more easy..

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in Community Creations

Cyril.1486

There is no greater feeling than going head on with another guild in Wvwvw in this game. You can ask anybody from any of the top Wvwvw guilds playing this game. What i have said in the video is true we don’t plan on running off or leaving or anything like that it is great now but it could be even much better if you developers pushed in the right direction.

in Community Creations

Posted by: McMichi.8409

McMichi.8409

Great video and awesome fights! this is what I wanted when I started playing GW2

Bloody Moon Sailor / Michi Warr [siN]
www.seveninstincts.com

(edited by McMichi.8409)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

There is no greater feeling than going head on with another guild in Wvwvw in this game. You can ask anybody from any of the top Wvwvw guilds playing this game. What i have said in the video is true we don’t plan on running off or leaving or anything like that it is great now but it could be even much better if you developers pushed in the right direction.

Amen to that Cyril……too bad i couldnt find you when you were on BT last day before you transfered….could have been epic hehe hope you get to T1 soon mate….tell Intigo thx for his mail but it was too late hehe

Goodluck RG……FG will be rdy when your server goes to T1

/Peace

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

(edited by Dalure.4691)

in Community Creations

Intigo.1653

Amen to that Cyril……too bad i couldnt find you when you were on BT last day before you transfered….could have been epic hehe hope you get to T1 soon mate….tell Intigo thx for his mail but it was too late hehe

Goodluck RG……FG will be rdy when your server goes to T1

/Peace

Heh, I had to try in case you guys started early – we’ll have another chance and we can always downscale our numbers for GvG fights if necessary.

We’re moving up to Tier 3 on Friday, so we’ll be there fairly soon. Hopefully there are a great number of guilds on SFR / Deso that would be up for some GvG awesomeness.

in Community Creations

Posted by: skly.5401

skly.5401

/bumped

Cause Anet needs to be reminded as much as possible why previous mmo’s such as Daoc, Warhammer, GW1, etc were highly replayable and lasted long past their expected ‘sell by date’.

[FEAR] the team,
WvW team (non-guild)
Team Manager

in Community Creations

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

We’re moving up to Tier 3 on Friday, so we’ll be there fairly soon. Hopefully there are a great number of guilds on SFR / Deso that would be up for some GvG awesomeness.

You can bet your offhand dagger that there are Intigo, and not just the big names either. Get up here and make sure you thump Vizunah on their way down. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Community Creations

Intigo.1653

I really miss DAoC style 8v8’s. I hope ArenaNet will not continue to cater to zerging constantly.

You can bet your offhand dagger that there are Intigo, and not just the big names either. Get up here and make sure you thump Vizunah on their way down. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

Haha, that’s good to know – we’ll be running into you ASAP.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Did you guys ever post the vid when you fought IRON? was looking forward to seeing it.

in Community Creations

Intigo.1653

Did you guys ever post the vid when you fought IRON? was looking forward to seeing it.

We never had organized GvG fights vs IRON. The only video we have is one h4zz made of a few fights we had one evening, as far as I know:

Hopefully we’ll have some good fights when we’re against you later on.

in Community Creations

Posted by: mrchips.9154

mrchips.9154

same Red Guard from mid daoc excal?

HB Chipper 80 ranger, Bredana 80 necro
BlackGate
http://www.hb-eu.com/

in Community Creations

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

We never had organized GvG fights vs IRON. The only video we have is one h4zz made of a few fights we had one evening, as far as I know:

Hopefully we’ll have some good fights when we’re against you later on.

Nice to see u kept clips of us wiping you..thought u would have removed them. But ur still my second fav open field guild behind kaz .

in Community Creations

Cyril.1486

I didn’t record that week but Mona caught an insane fight vs. Kaz Legacy last time we fought Desolation.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Moderator.2608

Moderator.2608

Hi!
We just moved this thread to “Linksville”, because it’s just a Video and not a discussion-topic about WvWvW.
Thanks for your understanding.

(edited by Moderator.2608)

in Community Creations

Cyril.1486

Why do you devs hate Red Guard so much ? Always the same, getting boring now. People put video’s up all the time in the Wvwvw forum yet you pick us to make an example on.

in Community Creations

Intigo.1653

in Community Creations

Posted by: Powazappa.6937

Powazappa.6937

Hi!
I just moved this thread to “Linksville”, because it’s just a Video and not a discussion-topic about WvWvW.

“It would be awesome if you could implement maybe a 15 vs 15 or even 20 vs 20 deathmatch battle that would be completely unique. I’m not sure the effect it would have as a whole on Wvwvw but surely something to look into”

This is followed up with actual material of arranged 20v20 battles to show what it would look like

Is this not worth discussing?, compare it to the many other wvw threads this one seems to have the biggest drive for a discussion.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Vohnnyan.4058

Vohnnyan.4058

Anet closing their eyes to good feedback, and pretending some problems dont exist, it certainly will lead to amazing results.

(edited by Vohnnyan.4058)

in Community Creations

Mona.4576

Oh my, there is clearly discussion going on in this thread xD

in Community Creations

Intigo.1653

Hi!
I just moved this thread to “Linksville”, because it’s just a Video and not a discussion-topic about WvWvW.

“It would be awesome if you could implement maybe a 15 vs 15 or even 20 vs 20 deathmatch battle that would be completely unique. I’m not sure the effect it would have as a whole on Wvwvw but surely something to look into”

This is followed up with actual material of arranged 20v20 battles to show what it would look like

Is this not worth discussing?, compare it to the many other wvw threads this one seems to have the biggest drive for a discussion.

This is very accurate. This thread actually had more discussion than many of the other Video threads that I linked.

Edit: Or the video threads that Devs take part in that are apparently also not allowed in the WvW sub-forum but are still there?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/4vs30-No-problem/page/2#post1172919

(edited by Intigo.1653)

in Community Creations

Intigo.1653

And now you just ignore the topic until people forget about it, woo!

in Community Creations

Posted by: abaddon.4768

abaddon.4768

re-post the video back in the wvw part of the forum?

in Community Creations

Intigo.1653

Such a joke.

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in Community Creations

Mona.4576

Bump for great justice!!