Rediscovering Tyria

Rediscovering Tyria

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nasty Nacho.5869

Nasty Nacho.5869

So I’ve been super bored lately and decided to start a new character and take my time levelling up instead of rushing to 80 as usual. I decided to do something a little different and post the adventures of Nasty Nacho to twitter, I’m sure this has been done before but for me it’s new and rather exciting.

So please join me on this mighty quest to discover everything the wonderful world of Tyria has to offer, from the outrageous and wacky characters, monstrous, creepy and sometimes loveable villains to the elusive role-players. And if you happen to bump into Nacho along the way, please stop and take a selfie, preferably while there is a battle going on, and everyone is dying #DRAMA

https://twitter.com/DiscoverTyria

Rediscovering Tyria

in Community Creations

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Interesting idea – I’m so used to using tomes to level up, I’ve forgotten what it’s like to do it all again from scratch – I may create a new character and do just that!

Mind you, I won’t be doing the Twitter thing as I’ve never used/don’t know how to use it – but then that’s my fault

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Rediscovering Tyria

in Community Creations

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I’m on a mission with a similar cause: first-hand playing through all of the storyline missions as the primary, all in one account. In my case, I’m also limiting myself to characters that are still existing on my account (so I can go back and read the specifics later).

Unfortunately, that’s going to require some serious cash to complete (as in dollars, not gold). I calculated that, with optimum choices where two or three missions branch, I’ll need 30 characters (the math for this is on the wiki).

I’m done with all but one of the missions level 30 and up. And, I am amazed at how many events and locations in Tyria are related to the storyline. For example, in the SW corner of Kessex Hills, there are sick people you have to help for the renown heart. Well, they’re sick because of an attack by Zhaitan that happens in one of the storylines.

Plus, the stories fit together. Many choices you make between missions have the other choice happen in the background. Unless I play through it as well, I’ll never know what happened.

I’m probably just weird, but I like your idea; ANet spent a LOT of time building this world, but most people miss most of it. I think it’s really interesting stuff.

So, GO FOR IT!

Rediscovering Tyria

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nasty Nacho.5869

Nasty Nacho.5869

Thanks guys and good luck to you both. I know I’m having super fun again admiring this world that’s put together. So many small details that get overlooked in everyday play, its really amazing stuff.