Results from satisfaction survey from start of September; >2000 characters

in Community Creations

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Hello everybody.
Back in September 9th, I started a survey asking people a bit about their characters and how satisfied they are with them in PvE, sPvP, and WvW.

There were hundreds of survey takers in just the first week, and I have finally put together a lot of data based on what I collected from the survey. This survey was shown to viewers of GuildWars2Guru and the GW2 Reddit.

Here’s some of the data I got:

Total Characters Surveyed (From September 9th through September 15th): 2387

Total Warriors: 441
Total Elementalists: 328
Total Guardians: 320
Total Thiefs: 317
Total Rangers: 286
Total Engineers: 255
Total Mesmers: 221
Total Necromancers: 219

Satisfaction is a 1 to 10 scale, with 1 being not satisfied at all.
Average Warrior Satisfaction: 7.4648
Average Elementalist Satisfaction: 6.6816
Average Guardian Satisfaction: 7.6064
Average Thief Satisfaction: 7.6628
Average Ranger Satisfaction: 7.5489
Average Engineer Satisfaction: 7.3056
Average Mesmer Satisfaction: 7.6706
Average Necromancer Satisfaction: 6.6294

Warriors whom participate in PvE: 433
Average satisfaction of Warriors whom participate in PvE: 8.1921

Warriors level 1-10 whom participate in PvE: 24
Average satisfaction of Warriors level 1-10 whom participate in PvE: 8.0000

A lot more data can be viewed at: http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1854421

And here’s some data I didn’t add to the above pastebin data:

Profession with the highest average satisfaction: Mesmers with 7.6706 / 10
Profession with the highest average PvE satisfaction: Guardians with 8.2658 / 10
Profession with the highest average sPvP satisfaction: Mesmers with 8.5048 / 10
Profession with the highest average WvW satisfaction: Rangers with 7.2807 / 10

For those who are curious…
You can take the survey here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&formkey=dGtTRGVQQ2l2b1VTY3BvUFgzWjA5MHc6MQ
You can find the unorganized results from the survey here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvpbsfBOFMpvdGtTRGVQQ2l2b1VTY3BvUFgzWjA5MHc

(edited by TimeBomb.3427)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Nice info, it is easy and understandable to see why the Ele/Necro are the least satisfied class.
-Necro: Super bugged and underwhelming
-Ele: Underwhelming in PVE where lack of armour vs damage is not justified compared to other classes.

Minion

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Trends seem to be pretty in line with what I expected. Major kudos for going through with the hard work of putting this together.

in Community Creations

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

I love your surveys Thank you for the effort <3.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Nice info. Nice sigfigs…

RIP in peace Robert

in Community Creations

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

What we can get from this survey is… that Guardians need a Longbow weapon with 1200 range for WvW, otherwise they’re ok.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Craven.5468

Craven.5468

Excellent work. Thank you for the effort.

Now, if only we could have this survey (or a smaller version) asked once every 6 months before login to the game. Or even just made more known to all players (small percentage use the boards). Other games have done this and it provides a great deal of actionable info for devs and project leads.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ghostly.4162

Ghostly.4162

Love it when the class I play is one of the least favorite classes (Ele) that means I’ll be getting some buffs/changes sooner rather than later!

Necro’s are more upset about bugs then us ele’s are. They can be easily remedied.

Ele’s complain because we have to work 2x-3x as hard as anyone else to achieve the same thing (dps/staying alive/support) Yet we arn’t rewarded for doing so.

Ele’s complain because we are in the lowest base health / armor tier, yet we don’t have the highest of any tier (dps/staying alive/support)

Dps: We are pretty good in pve dps because in zergs we can drop our aoes / combos, that is all.

Stayling Alive: We stay alive the same as everyone else cause everyone gets get out of jail free cards / utilities. If we spec 100% pure damage just like any other class we die instantly just like any other class.

Support: Our control abilities are long cd’s and even if we rotate between all of them, it’s not that effective anyway. Our healing abilities are lackluster as the ratio that +healing affects them is abysmal. I’m not saying we should be healers, but we should be able to do SOME healing if we are in full + healing gear. Healing someone for 1k-2k every 10-20 seconds is abysmal.

in Community Creations

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Excellent work. Thank you for the effort.

Now, if only we could have this survey (or a smaller version) asked once every 6 months before login to the game. Or even just made more known to all players (small percentage use the boards). Other games have done this and it provides a great deal of actionable info for devs and project leads.

Yeah, polling players instead of guru and reddit readers would get closer to the population of interest. I’d think devs & project leads could specify more informative queries, too.

Aside: some little things immediately discredit the OP’s efforts. Check grammar. Learn some data-handling techniques, or enlist some help from someone who’s trained in the topic.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Don Muerte.7168

Don Muerte.7168

I ran around with my level 35 Necro in WvW and after a few hours I had 36 honor badges. this was last Friday before any of the recent updates. I haven’t payed attention to the tooltips much and whether they’re bugged, but I think I’m getting lucky with how I’m playing or something.