Skyhammer Top Level Strats - Esports

in Community Creations

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Watch closely. If you agree please follow suit, link is below.

http://www.twitch.tv/bringyourfriends/c/4893175

Countless

in Community Creations

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

These are strats of the highest caliber! If there was ever a Skyhammer tournament, you would win 1v5! Who said Mesmers were underpowered!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Community Creations

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Well played. That’s about the most fun I’ve seen on skyhammer.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

That is kind of Cruel

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Community Creations

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

What’s cruel is to have this poopstain of a map still in the rotation after an obvious overwhelming majority absolutely despise that map! What’s cruel is after over a year there is no change! No fix! No action! What’s cruel is that the Skyhammer thread which has more views than Gangnam Style goes unanswered by any of the devs!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

poopstain of a map!

But the beta testers found it fun! Therefor gotta put it soloq!

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in Community Creations

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

-snip-

You are right :P

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Community Creations

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

As funny as this is, it also falls under match manipulation, and can get you banned :P

You gotta remember that they have to suffer through Skyhammer too! and you just amplified it for the other 4 on your team….but cudos

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

That is some esport level strats, truly the same or even greater caliber as any cs or dota.

in Community Creations

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

As funny as this is, it also falls under match manipulation, and can get you banned :P

That is not match mannipulation – he is playing the game as the devs designed it. He did not manipulate anything, he used his skills as they should be used and did not take advantage of anything.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

You gotta remember that they have to suffer through Skyhammer too! and you just amplified it for the other 4 on your team….but cudos

At least by jumping he makes the game end quicker so everyone can get Skyhammer again move on to the next round.

The alternative is not him trying and giving 100%; it’s him giving 1% with bad dodges, laggy internet, and randomly generated traits and gear.

ANet actually threatening to try to enforce something like this would turn the map and Solo Queue into an even bigger joke.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

So you deliberately turned the game into a 4v5, just because you don’t like the map and don’t give a kitten about fellow players trying their best out of respect for other participants?

I don’t like Khylo. Hey, you’ve just opened my eyes, next time I’ll just go and throw myself out of the clocktower for the whole game?

Had I played in your team, I would have reported you as “botting” – the same as AFKers.

in Community Creations

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

What’s cruel is that the Skyhammer thread which has more views than Gangnam Style goes unanswered by any of the devs!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Please pursue stand up. Stop playing guild wars and become a comedian….my gawd how is there not a Vee Wee dedicated guild yet lol

solo cheese engi/ex teef

in Community Creations

Dave.2536

So you deliberately turned the game into a 4v5, just because you don’t like the map and don’t give a kitten about fellow players trying their best out of respect for other participants?

I don’t like Khylo. Hey, you’ve just opened my eyes, next time I’ll just go and throw myself out of the clocktower for the whole game?

Had I played in your team, I would have reported you as “botting” – the same as AFKers.

People have many ways of giving up on a match. The most common two are sitting around spawn point near the end and looking for 1v1s off points. Would you punish these people too because they stopped trying, or are you only after OP here because he looked like he stopped trying?

You can try to stop him from making a statement, but if he’s willing to accept the guaranteed loss on his record there is nothing you or ANet can do to make him put in enough effort to make it a win. Censorship is bad, mkay?

I challenge you to actually follow through on jumping off the clock tower in Kyhlo. Most likely you won’t because the consequence (guaranteed loss) is still more negative for you than trying to play on it. Skyhammer has reached and exceeded that point for many here. Some AFK, some even promote their AFK (names like “Afk Cuz Skyhammer”, “Afk Skyhammer Afk”), and many others will play it but will not hold it against a teammate for protesting via AFK.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

I challenge you to actually follow through on jumping off the clock tower in Kyhlo. Most likely you won’t because the consequence (guaranteed loss) is still more negative for you than trying to play on it.

I think you have missed my point. I would never do that, not because of the guaranteed loss consequence, but because deliberately putting your team in a 4v5 simply demonstrates utter contempt for other fellow participants, who are putting efforts into fairly playing and winning the game. To me, respecting players is much more important than winning/losing the game. YMMV.

Regards.

EDIT: I would never punish people because they stop trying. However, I would for those not even starting trying.

in Community Creations

Dave.2536

To me, respecting players is much more important than winning/losing the game. YMMV.

This can be countered from multiple directions. First, this standard should apply to ANet as well, and there is a pretty large and legitimate argument that they are not respecting players by not even addressing the issue of this map.

Next, this may seem heartless, but showing respect is all about motive, not perception. By protesting the map, players are not intending to show disrespect to their teammates; if disrespect is felt or perceived, it is simply a byproduct, or collateral damage. This difference may not mean much to you, but it means the world to many. The main conflict here is this: you feel the ends don’t justify the means, but others do.

Finally, the bolded parts of your quote above clearly represent your opinion and your acknowledgement that it is your opinion. People should be free to hold their own feelings so long as they follow the (well-defined and enforceable) rules of the game.

Here’s the stark reality to the situation: effort cannot be well-defined or enforced, only performance. That’s not to say I or against enforcing certain performance benchmarks like APM (actions per minute). We just realize there will be a different uproar if something like that happened.

Until then, ANet really has three choices.

• Accept the status quo and accept that 4v5 due to protesters are similar to 4v5 due to people who let emotions get to them or people who lose connection
  • Realize that it is up to them to add the necessary incentives (remove or improve Skyhammer) or restrictions (bigger impact to leaderboard ranking for W/L, reduce PvP rewards across the board to filter people to other content) to make players more willing to put in effort.
  • Realize that there will always be a least favorite map no matter what map gets added or taken out, and proceed toward the situation that ends up with the least amount of protest. (Perhaps the status quo is this situation already)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

If you were in my team, I guess I would hate you.
Watching it on twitch however, I cant stop laughing.

#ELEtism

in Community Creations

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

reported at twich

in Community Creations

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Skyhammer is the best map!!! Can’t wait for it to return to teamq.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

And the topic is as good as deleted, got even worse fate than merging with skyham main topic…