Taking Supply Camps efficiently (Vid)

in Community Creations

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Hello all.

In this video I’ll show you how to take Supply Camps in WvW efficiently and as safely as you can.

Whether you are doing it for a quick reset to your participation points, to experience camp flipping, or to help your server win the supplies race, I hope you found this video helpful!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Community Creations

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Can’t wait for the sentry one.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

8 min video. You could build a ram and solo a tower in that time. I guess thus can help out new people though

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

8 min video. You could build a ram and solo a tower in that time. I guess thus can help out new people though

Did you actually watch the video? They show how to do multiple camps.

in Community Creations

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Is this the same one that you posted on reddit a week ago? Why repost here?

If you are aiming for a beginner video, you at least need to mention RI so people can start to get a clue about it.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

. I’d also like one on how to cap a ruin.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Awesome lmao

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Community Creations

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

well…I guess what I showed in the video is nothing new to veteran WvW players and probably a waste of time…

will be helpful to the many new players who have little experience in WvW though and are just taking their first baby steps with the new updates and such.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Oh man if there was a seat and some popcorn at every camp I would just sit there all day and watch newbie glass cannons try to take camps. Every time a cabalist pulls them I would do a quick little clap in amusement.

in Community Creations

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

well…I guess what I showed in the video is nothing new to veteran WvW players and probably a waste of time…

will be helpful to the many new players who have little experience in WvW though and are just taking their first baby steps with the new updates and such.

Don’t let these guys get to you. It will be useful to new players.

Two things you could add for clarity.

1) As someone else pointed out, a quick explanation of what RI is. I’ve seen so many new players stand there hammering on the RI supervisor wondering why nothing is happening.

2) You might want to explain the reason why you are moving behind objects. This is all about the line of sight for the scouts. You want to pull those into your AoEs and cleaves so you can burn them all down at once. I see people just standing in the open getting poisoned and blinded by those kitten scouts.

in Community Creations

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Ignore what people are saying thank you for posting this video. It will be very helpful for new comers to wvw. We need things like this to try to help our new people to wvw so that they can learn and get the hang of things. You did a good job <3

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in Community Creations

Fat Disgrace.4275

Did you actually watch the video? They show how to do multiple camps.

not really, i stopped after 50 seconds when he finally decided to pull a guard.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in Community Creations

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

He shows every single camp in ABL, but if you would bother watching videos before criticizing them you would know that.

He’s trying to help players that are new to WvW to become better. I truly don’t understand the hate that some players are giving him over that.

in Community Creations

Fat Disgrace.4275

He shows every single camp in ABL, but if you would bother watching videos before criticizing them you would know that.

He’s trying to help players that are new to WvW to become better. I truly don’t understand the hate that some players are giving him over that.

erm, i did say it may help new players. jeez lol

in Community Creations

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

This is a long vid for saying “stack mobs around an object and smash buttons hard”.

There is so much more to know, like,
What all will cause swords
how to avoid yak spawns
The most likely routes defenders will use to enter a camp
What skills each npc uses

in Community Creations

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

This is a long vid for saying “stack mobs around an object and smash buttons hard”.

how to avoid yak spawns

8 minutes is not that long. He tries to show the best place for each camp to stack them. Why are we giving this guy crap for trying to help new players? I don’t get it.

I think many of you have forgotten what it was like to be totally new to the mode.

in Community Creations

Justine.6351

how to avoid yak spawns

8 minutes is not that long. He tries to show the best place for each camp to stack them. Why are we giving this guy crap for trying to help new players? I don’t get it.

I think many of you have forgotten what it was like to be totally new to the mode.

I’m not “giving him crap”. Even PvEers know how to stack npcs and nuke them since like the beginning of mmo history. Everything WvW specific he should have covered about camp flipping he didnt, and it took 8min to not cover those things.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

how to avoid yak spawns

I’m not “giving him crap”. Even PvEers know how to stack npcs and nuke them since like the beginning of mmo history. Everything WvW specific he should have covered about camp flipping he didnt, and it took 8min to not cover those things.

Not many people I see do and just rush to the supervisor with the scouts blinding them at range. The point of their guide was on how to solo camps quickly to flip them. It wasn’t an all encompassing guide on camps. If you feel that a guide should exclude everything, and can’t be about something specific, then by all means go and make a “better” guide.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Rofl, I love the irony of you showing how to take camps but then on the very first camp you have run away and lose the camp…

in Community Creations

Fat Disgrace.4275

why did they move this thread here….

in Community Creations

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Because a vid on how to take WvW camps clearly doesn’t belong in the WvW forum…..

Who the kitten knows what goes through the mods heads, I’m just surprised it wasn’t locked with the excuse that it’s somehow a match up thread.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Community Creations

Justine.6351

I flagged it as a community creation thread.