Talking GW2 expansion (long overdue)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

On one of the pages of that “How is getting rid of Cantha…” topic the developers said that they will love to work on Cantha for GW2 again. The fact that there will be no Cantha was entirely speculation based on the fact that there are no Canthan buildings in a Krytan city. There are still some Asian NPCs and you can still state that your character is from Cantha in your personal story. Don’t talk about “will be” or “won’t be” when we don’t know yet.

I honestly don’t care one way or the other about Cantha, whether it does or does not ever get into GW2, that wasn’t the point of my original argument. I haven’t stated it either will or won’t. That’s not the point. If my grasp of the Cantha “situation” is wrong, then there are other examples. Lets just, for the sake of argument, say that I’m right. It could be a legendary left handed monkey wrench that we’re talking about, and not Cantha. The example is irrelevant to the point.

The whole point is: Arenanet is a wholly owned subsidiary of NCSoft, and as such is subject to the wants needs and/or whims of it’s parent company. That’s all. If NCSoft tells ANet to do something, it must comply. It has no choice. I make no implications of the relationship that exists between the two organizations.

But if you "If my grasp of the Cantha “situation” is wrong, then there are other examples." and that the base of your point of view then you need to changes your point of view. That just simple logic. Also i would like to know what other examples you would use?
Everyone is a subsidiary of something bigger then it when it comes to gaming. These business make a living picking up game makers to make games for them.

I obviously haven’t made my point very well, so I think I’m done. But with this last thing: the example is irrelevant. It could be entirely made up: i.e. Legendary Left Handed Monkey Wrench. NCSoft wants it, ANet doesn’t. Guess what: LLHMW is in game.

I was addressing those posters who think “ANet should go it alone” or “ANet should tell NCSoft to butt out.” My point was, they can’t. That’s it.

That said, I’m done.

Ya you realty not made a point you tried but you been showed how its wrong if your only response is to leave then you where not trying to make a point you where just saying your views with out any back up. The problem was that your using your point that you where trying to make as a means of kitten Anet and or GW2 and that where your view fell into the same old “hater” view point.
That the thing about this person video he not doing any thing different then ppl who simply try to make baseless points on the forums of mmorpg games or truly any game. There no talk at all its not even a new thing to do to put it all out here like other ppl he talked about was nothing like he did just there its just a random point of view due to something small being added or not being added that destroyed the game for them and in there minds for every one else who plays it. But all of this is a very bad way of looking at things in game and in life.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Community Creations

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

Dude, if you got “hater” out of my posts, then you entirely missed the point. Did you miss the sentence that said I love GW2 and am happy to continue to give them my money?

All that being said, I love GW2. One for the sheer fact that it’s not like WoW. I have no problem providing NCSoft with my money so they keep feeding A-Net. If GW2 remains profitable, you can be sure they will keep feeding it.

I’ve restated my point at least three times and you didn’t grasp it in any of those attempts. Three times is enough. You’re obviously not going to get it. In any case, this is my last post on the matter. I leave the last word to you.

in Community Creations

Jski.6180

Dude, if you got “hater” out of my posts, then you entirely missed the point. Did you miss the sentence that said I love GW2 and am happy to continue to give them my money?

All that being said, I love GW2. One for the sheer fact that it’s not like WoW. I have no problem providing NCSoft with my money so they keep feeding A-Net. If GW2 remains profitable, you can be sure they will keep feeding it.

I’ve restated my point at least three times and you didn’t grasp it in any of those attempts. Three times is enough. You’re obviously not going to get it. In any case, this is my last post on the matter. I leave the last word to you.

I guess i missed that post sry about that.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

If anyone is uncertain of the nature of the relationship between NCSoft and ArenaNet, consider the fate of Paragon Studios. Paragon Studios was also a wholly-owned subsidiary of NCSoft. Just like ArenaNet. When NCSoft decided to pull the plug on City of Heroes, what happened?

The table is a fable.

in Community Creations

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

you know what’s fantastic. Having your thread closed down (Not merged mind you like they do everything else) filled with all of your very well thought out thoughts about the subject and not being able to use a single thing you wrote or even quote yourself because their forum rules are so twisted that if you quote from a closed thread you’ll be infracted and they’ll delete it anyway. Amazing.

It’s about as amazing at the logical fallacy arguments against what Dontain is saying in his video and his opinion.

Guess they didn’t want that kind of thinking, don’t worry about the dust everyone it’s only almost the anniversary, we’ll eventually get to it sometime. smh

So just to let everyone know I’m going to try to post what I posted in the other thread here and see if they delete it. I’m just trying to do what their mod said on the other thread when they closed it, share my concerns here.
It should be just after this post.

We’ll see….

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

in Community Creations

tigirius.9014

When I noticed their sales announcement the first thing that came to mind was *"wow, even they know (NCSOFT) it’s a monumental undertaking to fix the problems that an entire year of poor management decisions have made because now they are proposing an expansion, which is the only means to fix these problems."

Dontain makes great videos he helps people see the good and the bad with the game and he usually gives the developer he’s talking about hell when it comes to really bad game decisions (Like DR, he was one of the first ones to speak out about that mismanagement decision) So I trust his commentary on these issues in games, like me he remembers the countless other titles that lost so many of their players they crashed and closed down, and in games that didn’t have a sub they lost 60% of their players until they fixed the problem (like Diablo III).

I especially love the part where he talks about how when Blizzard took his money they took it and actually updated parts of the game that needed help. The UI that we all expect to be polished and fluid actually came from their pioneering in many cases, it is THE standard like it or not of how an mmo is supposed to be run. You update it you improve it you keep on adding features to it. The guild, trade ui, friend options, no lfg, not being able to see events in a zone on the main map, not having any new recipes for crafting really since launch cept holiday stuff that’s just as gone as the LS items when done, the focus on the mystic forge instead of on perfectly good crafting, the lack of minigames or alternative time wasters with rewards, the lack of rewards for doing anything in the game overall, all testament to what WoW has had to do to actually stay afloat, Blizz did most of their updates the same year as their launch because they KNEW they needed to in order to keep people interested.

The bugs in the classes, the design flaws, the imbalance in PVE, the microcontent monthly (living story), the loot issues causing 400% inflation since last year, the cancelled just after launch projects like mobile apps, all point to this game being ignored entirely. This has been the reason why people have been complaining, not because someones a troll, not because people are being haters but because people know when they are getting the bad end of a deal, this needs to be remedied immediately.

How long is too long? That’s the question. When does it become the problem that the developers are not delivering like they should? When does it become the issue of we’re not getting what we’ve paid for?

If they’re doing so darned great then why do the three weakest professions in PVE have pages upon pages of bugs still almost to the year anniversary? If they are making so much money (almost American Hip Hop Rapper style) money, then tell me why we are still only getting this lackluster LS crap in the open world when their very own interviews told us that making open world content is faster, cheaper, and can be done at the drop of a hat? How is it that we’re not seeing permanent non-dungeon content all the time?

This is from the other thread, and I’m posting this because of this:

Moderator:
Hi! There is actually a thread regarding Dontain’s Video, you can find it here:….
Please use that thread for your feedback and concerns.
Thanks for your understanding, this thread is now locked.

in Community Creations

tigirius.9014

Regarding the fixes for RNG that people have wanted for a very long time now and in the spirit of what Dontain was talking about regarding rewards for content and using the funds from a game to update that game’s UI. There’s a great example that Blizz is doing with their loot that has enhanced the gameplay for their players in their dungeon finder ui enhancement. It’s called “Loot specialization.” The loot algorithm that chooses what drops off bosses and enemies in dungeons has always been a problematic code because no one’s ever been able to add a quick functioning loot algorithm that actually checks your build and traits to determine what kind of loot you should receive after a boss fight. This specialization over there allows you to choose which spec of your class you need gear for so you aren’t endlessly running a dungeon for that 1 piece to drop. 150 times or more.

I think this is a great example of ui enhancement that is added even when revenue is low. Revenue is high in this title so where are the ui enhancements? (Don’t get me started on the dual spec thing that we don’t have or the problems PVE players face that make speccing into anything other then Zerker completely useless. Or how it’s almost the anniversary and there’s still no LFG for dungeoneers.)

(edited by tigirius.9014)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Listened until he brought up that GW2 could benefit from ‘healthy’ traditional treasure hunting. Also the less than mature take on people who don’t like gear grind didn’t endear me to his video that much either.

I don’t need the grind thanks.
Now I will agree I don’t care much for NCSoft, especially after CoH, so he had my attention for that much of the video.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

in Community Creations

tigirius.9014

Listened until he brought up that GW2 could benefit from ‘healthy’ traditional treasure hunting. Also the less than mature take on people who don’t like gear grind didn’t endear me to his video that much either.

Now I will agree I don’t care much for NCSoft, especially after CoH, so he had my attention for that much of the video.

Hate to tell you this but the gear grind is already here. The loot nerfs that make it impossible for some people including new players to get the items they need to craft exotics, add with that the months it takes to get ascended items if they want to run dungeons using the laurel system, add to that the T6 mat grind that it takes to get enough mats to make the runes/sigils because they are crazily priced in the TP or to get enough gold to get a legendary precursor and you’ve got a gear grind. Sorry to disappoint you but despite all of the rebuttal the gear grind is alive and well already, Dontain is just saying what’s on our minds, it’s already here why not make it better, more enhanced to improve the gameplay and to do what every other mmo dev out there has learned, that RNG all the time for everything does. not. work.

in Community Creations

Jski.6180

Hate to tell you this but the gear grind is already here. The loot nerfs that make it impossible for some people including new players to get the items they need to craft exotics, add with that the months it takes to get ascended items if they want to run dungeons using the laurel system, add to that the T6 mat grind that it takes to get enough mats to make the runes/sigils because they are crazily priced in the TP or to get enough gold to get a legendary precursor and you’ve got a gear grind. Sorry to disappoint you but despite all of the rebuttal the gear grind is alive and well already, Dontain is just saying what’s on our minds, it’s already here why not make it better, more enhanced to improve the gameplay and to do what every other mmo dev out there has learned, that RNG all the time for everything does. not. work.

I do not think you played the game lately they added in a lot of things that can make you a lot of gold in a very short bit of time. Now if your for some reason not willing to use the TP ya you got a point but most players do use the TP and want to use the TP so your view is flawed. Also look at other games you have armor grind so you can do more events GW2 dose not have this why would you kittenhis game for grind when other games have it and the very idea of these games is to build arone this grind? There no mmorpg who has no RNG.

in Community Creations

Atlas.9704

Sorry to pop you and Dontain’s bubble, but not everyone needs exotics or Legendaries.
I only have two exotics (shield and staff) for my Guardian and there wasn’t much of a grind, if any, when I did get them.
Of course I do dailies, help people in Orr, and overall enjoy the game instead of sweating it all out for a Mystical McGuffin.

I’ve collected T6 mats with no problems, I’m not going to craft a Legendary any time soon, but if I want a Mystic forge sword I could probably get by or even purchase the materials out from the gold I keep accumulating because I do Dynamic Events and kill Champions due to me playing for fun and not out of some number crunching second job.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Community Creations

tigirius.9014

Hate to tell you this but the gear grind is already here. The loot nerfs that make it impossible for some people including new players to get the items they need to craft exotics, add with that the months it takes to get ascended items if they want to run dungeons using the laurel system, add to that the T6 mat grind thakitten takes to get enough mats to make the runes/sigils because they are crazily priced in the TP or to get enough gold to get a legendary precursor and you’ve got a gear grind. Sorry to disappoint you but despite all of the rebuttal the gear grind is alive and well already, Dontain is just saying what’s on our minds, it’s already here why not make it better, more enhanced to improve the gameplay and to do what every other mmo dev out there has learned, that RNG all the time for everything does. not. work.

Sorry to pop you and Dontain’s bubble, but not everyone needs exotics or Legendaries.
I only have two exotics (shield and staff) for my Guardian and there wasn’t much of a grind, if any, when I did get them.
Of course I do dailies, help people in Orr, and overall enjoy the game instead of sweating it all out for a Mystical McGuffin.

I’ve collected T6 mats with no problems, I’m not going to craft a Legendary any time soon, but if I want a Mystic forge sword I could probably get by or even purchase the materials out from the gold I keep accumulating because I do Dynamic Events and kill Champions due to me playing for fun and not out of some number crunching second job.

That’s great but as everyone will tell you, you do need them to do dungeons or people will throw you out for being undergeared.

And that’s not been everyone’s experience with loot. There are quite a number of people who experience what I’ve termed as lopsided loot. One person gets all the loot like 98% of the time where there are people who run the exact same content open world or in dungeons and get nothing month after month. That’s not RNG and it’s definitely not normal. Something else Dontain’s talked about is the loot issues people experience in this game and how poorly they’ve handled the everything is RNG issues people experience all the time.

in Community Creations

tigirius.9014

Hate to tell you this but the gear grind is already here. The loot nerfs that make it impossible for some people including new players to get the items they need to craft exotics, add with that the months it takes to get ascended items if they want to run dungeons using the laurel system, add to that the T6 mat grind thakitten takes to get enough mats to make the runes/sigils because they are crazily priced in the TP or to get enough gold to get a legendary precursor and you’ve got a gear grind. Sorry to disappoint you but despite all of the rebuttal the gear grind is alive and well already, Dontain is just saying what’s on our minds, it’s already here why not make it better, more enhanced to improve the gameplay and to do what every other mmo dev out there has learned, that RNG all the time for everything does. not. work.

I do not think you played the game lately they added in a lot of things that can make you a lot of gold in a very short bit of time. Now if your for some reason not willing to use the TP ya you got a point but most players do use the TP and want to use the TP so your view is flawed. Also look at other games you have armor grind so you can do more events GW2 dose not have this why would you dam this game for grind when other games have it and the very idea of these games is to build arone this grind? There no mmorpg who has no RNG.

Every other game I’ve played doesn’t limit loot acquisition and they are all F2P, so your argument that we should ALL use the TP for everything is moot. (well I did play one that uses the same model as GW2 and that’s D3 but after they implemented DR they were the last game to actually have a large portion of their playerbase leave because of it. Wonder how GW2 has dodged that, oh yeah, only some of their players experience that that’s how, which would tell anyone with common sense there’s something wrong.

in Community Creations

Atlas.9704

That’s great but as everyone will tell you, you do need them to do dungeons or people will throw you out for being undergeared.

I must be incredibly lucky because that’s never happened.
Maybe its your server that is the problem if that has happened to you multiple times.
Some have wonderful communities that aren’t gear snobs.

in Community Creations

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Loved it, dude knows whats up.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

agree about this crappy micro content sooooooooo kitten much. Their living story is so bad…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

That dude doesn’t know how a single company functions. He also doesn’t understand that publishers and parent companies don’t publish/ advertise for free. Also if the developers wouldn’t get payed they wouldn’t work there and the company wouldn’t expand.
That dude did not study the subject he is ranting about. This is the 4th topic that I see linking that video. We know thakitten exists.

in Community Creations

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

why They still making the living story?.. and have take much negative fee back..

two make people keep playing? or just keep losing hope for GW2

in Community Creations

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

why They still making the living story?.. and have take much negative fee back..

because the feedback is mostly positive with the minority on the forums being negative about it. I love it. It keeps the content fresh and it keeps me interested. The new Southsun cove looks great, it was also fun seeing it getting built in Flame and Frost.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

This is like the 30th thread talking about this video. Expect it to be locked and you getting redirected to this one.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/links/Talking-GW2-expansion-long-overdue/first

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Community Creations

Posted by: TeaDoa.5968

TeaDoa.5968

Ya NCsoft owns ArenaNet

But Dontain is just obsessive

All ArenaNet’s money comes from NCsoft

I cant see the issue it always been that way

in Community Creations

TeaDoa.5968

What I’m seeing in this thread is a lot of people who don’t understand what’s going on here.

Arena Net is completely 100% owned by NCsoft and has been since BEFORE Guild Wars 1 launched. NCsoft owns Arena Net. Every possession owned by Arena Net is the property of NCsoft and always has been.

So, NCsoft doesn’t get ANY of the sales from the sales shop directly because NCsoft gets them even if Anet gets them. That’s how corporations and parent corporations work.

Anet has bills to pay. They have employees to pay. They have expenses. NCsoft hopes that Anet will be a self perpetuating property than can keep going and making them more money. There’s zero reason for NCsoft to remove money from the cash shop. It’s theirs anyway.

Well those contracts don’t have to be like 100%, but Anet’s is. Everything Anet makes is really NCsoft’s.

in Community Creations

TeaDoa.5968

What I’m seeing in this thread is a lot of people who don’t understand what’s going on here.

Arena Net is completely 100% owned by NCsoft and has been since BEFORE Guild Wars 1 launched. NCsoft owns Arena Net. Every possession owned by Arena Net is the property of NCsoft and always has been.

So, NCsoft doesn’t get ANY of the sales from the sales shop directly because NCsoft gets them even if Anet gets them. That’s how corporations and parent corporations work.

Anet has bills to pay. They have employees to pay. They have expenses. NCsoft hopes that Anet will be a self perpetuating property than can keep going and making them more money. There’s zero reason for NCsoft to remove money from the cash shop. It’s theirs anyway.

No, I don’t think you are right here. Look, I have no idea about all this corporate stuff whatsoever but I do know a thing or two about game design and i definitely know ANets design philosophies and how they thrive to make a game that is a piece of art.
And NCSoft have their fingers in the development of GW2 which kitten es me off. They should be put back in their place as publishers and publish the game instead of ruining ArenaNet’s creativity. i like to remind you of a certain thread in this forum ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-is-getting-rid-of-Cantha-a-universal-representation-of-humanity/page/4 ) and NcSofts decision of BANNING a Cantha expansion ("NCsoft was firm in its decision to stay away from “Asian” themes and keep it “universal.”).
Plus, the great collapse has once been a Canthan Quarter until NCSoft decided that they didnt want the theme. Now it’s a big hole. All that work – lost.

I want to know how much power NCSoft has over the delopment of GW2. IF they were able to basically remove a whole district of Divinity’s Reach, why would they not be able to introduce all those disgusting game mechanics – why would they not be responsible for all the real money RNG chest bull kitten from the past? Because I’m sure they are.
So while you may be right when you say that money plays no role here, interfering in the development of the game certainly seems to be a factor – and it’s influencing the game in a negative way.

He is right and NCsoft has all the power.
Ok NCsoft owns Anet. NCsoft gives Anet all the freedom they want.
NCsoft only asks for profit in return.
NCsoft owns other developers too.
At least what I can tell they do the same as with Anet giving them all the freedom they want.
Do you get it.
GW2 would have never been made without NCsoft.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I guess the constant multiple overflows on Southsun means no one is doing the living story.

I just love how people assume everyone thinks like they do. In a guild of about 90, I’d say more than half of the guild likes the living story, after a fairly slow start. In the beginning of Flame and Frost we were all highly skeptical.

Many of us, including me, has turned that view around. Sure you might not like crab toss, but lots of people seem to like it. Sure you might not like the new events, but some people seem to like them.

Even the farmers have shut up for a while enjoying the big boost to magic find while it’s still there.

You can say all you want that all the feedback is negative, but Anet probably has better metrics than you do.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Oh look, another Dontain thread- he must be so happy/
in before lock.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Community Creations

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Vocal Minority. Hex Spell. For 5…17…20 seconds, target foe and all nearby foes cannot use shouts or chants.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vocal_Minority

I sincerely hope a.net bases their decisions on party/guild chat keywords and active play. A list of most used words in party/guild chat is exactly the kind of thing that’d show the opinion of the real playerbase, not the VOCAL MINORITY of which you and I are part.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Community Creations

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Is he sending out his obnoxious fans again? :S

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Community Creations

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

You only have 2 exotics?
So your total play time is like what 100-200 hours IF that. Come on man..
Everyone that acts like nothing is wrong like this always has a change of heart at around the 1000 hour mark trust me ive seen it time and time again, once you do it enough it becomes clear that there is immense grind.

in Community Creations

Jski.6180

I do not think you played the game lately they added in a lot of things that can make you a lot of gold in a very short bit of time. Now if your for some reason not willing to use the TP ya you got a point but most players do use the TP and want to use the TP so your view is flawed. Also look at other games you have armor grind so you can do more events GW2 dose not have this why would you dam this game for grind when other games have it and the very idea of these games is to build arone this grind? There no mmorpg who has no RNG.

Every other game I’ve played doesn’t limit loot acquisition and they are all F2P, so your argument that we should ALL use the TP for everything is moot. (well I did play one that uses the same model as GW2 and that’s D3 but after they implemented DR they were the last game to actually have a large portion of their playerbase leave because of it. Wonder how GW2 has dodged that, oh yeah, only some of their players experience that that’s how, which would tell anyone with common sense there’s something wrong.

Yes other games but not other mmorpg D3 is not an mmorpg nor was GW1. You do not understand whakitten means to play an mmorpg.

in Community Creations

Atlas.9704

You only have 2 exotics?
So your total play time is like what 100-200 hours IF that. Come on man..
Everyone that acts like nothing is wrong like this always has a change of heart at around the 1000 hour mark trust me ive seen it time and time again, once you do it enough it becomes clear that there is immense grind.

Well if I have to produce numbers for you I’ll try to remember as best possible the averages of play. Because some folks like numbers, so whatever:
I’ve played since Beta Weekend 2, but since all my stats and characters were wiped let’s continue onward.
I have played on average 1 to 3 hours, 4 to 6 days a week, all since the headstart and opening. Though I did play nearly most of a day during headstart. So that might throw off your calculations, just wanted to put that in.

There was a slump sometime in November when I went to play Star Trek online again so let’s just average that out to 2 weeks of full GW2 play.
I didn’t get to play out the Lost Shores finale stuff.
I have eight characters (one for each profession), out of them only one is level 80.
One other is about 71, finally the others spread out around levels 30 to 35.

I maxed out Artificing, Weaponmaking, Huntsman, Jewelry, and Crafting. Everything else is halfway. This is not all on one character.

The level 80 character has two exotic weapons (one from crafting, one from Mystic slot machine/toilet). He has finished his personal story, everyone else is either at the Concordia mission (the lvl 70sh guy) or will approach Claw Island mission.

I have 98% Map completion on the level 80 character, who is currently trying to be useful in WvWvW in order to complete the rest. I just want that kitten thing to say 100% once in my life, so that might be the only obsession I have in this game so far.

I spend most of my time helping newbies or lowbies out, doing jumping puzzles, finding diving spots without any wiki or dulfy page.

So in short I don’t grind like hell for weapons or armor. I don’t have this belief once you’ve attained all the exotic/ascended/legendary wibbley wobbley pretties that now the game begins.

At absolute least amount of play I go in, do dailies, drink my purple karma grape flavored water, and log out.
At absolute ‘grindy’ I go and play in Southsun and Orr because shellfish and zombies must die.
The strangest is me going into WvWvW and actually being helpful for once.

If I play a character and get bored of him I’ll either retrait him and play a different way or go pick another one I have and see how he’s doing. I’ve been doing that for quite some time.

Yes if you are a hardcore, games-are-serious-business, second job playing type who needs intense objectives you’ll probably be bored to tears with this game. Chances are people reading this post think my gameplay is schizophrenic at times.

However I am not that type. I log in, faff about, and log out when I need to get things done away from computer.

You can call BS or say “come ONNNNnnnnn!” or quote Dontain’s sermon one more time but I don’t care. I play this game until I find something interesting in my other games then I come back when they don’t hold my attention. Most of them don’t, most haven’t engaged me the way this has. I haven’t even finished GW1 fully yet because this game is just more fun to me.

Your mileage will vary of course.

(edited by Atlas.9704)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

I play this game until I find something interesting in my other games then I come back when they don’t hold my attention. Most of them don’t, most haven’t engaged me the way this has.

This. +10

I’m glad that there are other like minded people in this game.

in Community Creations

Atlas.9704

I play this game until I find something interesting in my other games then I come back when they don’t hold my attention. Most of them don’t, most haven’t engaged me the way this has.

This. +10

I’m glad that there are other like minded people in this game.

Thanks, but I do see a little bit of the other side as well.

There are frustrations in any game. Some folks want the gear grind, others don’t, despite it all we want a fun and engaging experience with this title.

I’ve read articles, I’ve read posts, watched videos and (though I loathe to say it in such a simplistic manner) I get the feeling that some folks just want a WoW that’s GW-inspired with no subscription fees. Now I know it is probably a bit more complex than that, but that is the initial feel I get from some opinions.

Are there problems with this game? Yes every game has problems. I for one would like to see more class balancing, maybe more content outside of a Living Story (like more Pact missions), and WvW to no longer be a redheaded stepchild even though I don’t have much stake in it.

What pulled me in this was the juvenile way the video maker brought up people who don’t like gear grind and wants a more “traditional” way of RPG for this game. I read that as mostly bring back trinity, raids, and such.

That’s not GW2’s way. That’s not how it will be, at least for now. When the game was made, the videos were put up there, we saw that they didn’t want to follow those ideals. Some folks say that grind is there, but with the way I play I’m not seeing it. My way of play isn’t right for everyone, but it fits me. So if GW2 does have grind they’re doing a kitten good job hiding most of it from me.

I like their way of play currently, why go back and use someone else’s method that they even said they weren’t going to do anyways?

So long, farewell, good night to this thread (for me at least) and I hope the discussion continues in a well thought out, adult manner.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

Josh from Anet has sent a post 3 months ago, and he was writing good about NCsoft there.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Cantha-Thread/page/4#post1400102

Ofc people can tell that he was lying, but for what? He didnt have to even replying to this topic ^^

BTW, Im playing GW2 since release, and i dont feel like i need to buy gems, to play more, and be better or something like that.

While in the other games i felt like when i dont pay rl money, then im noone and really worst one, or im playing demo version of the game, while they who’s paying had a full version of it

~~
Of coure i hope ArenaNet is not going to change it, and they are not going to destroy a game by Gem Store in the future For now it looks fine for me. BTW would be nice to see, that ArenaNet can publish their game by urselves :P Like Blizzard did – created, and published. Perfect solution, but what to do.

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

(edited by Xar.1387)