The TrollCharr Chronicles

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

My name is Kormak Wildborne, Engineer extraordinaire! You can usually find me patrolling Stonemist Castle, stopping only every so often to smell the flowers and chase after pretty mesmers. So I’m just a goofy Charr with his rifle doing what all intrusive engineers do, jumping at random threats, swooning over random girls, and painting hallways with splatter grenades.
I would pull out my gun from time to time, believing that I spotted an enemy, but it was almost always a Dredge peeking his head out for some fresh air.
The Dredge always said the strangest things and ‘Greetings Comrade’ was their most used phrase, and they always said it with a really funny grin on their face. I would then growl at them and they would leave me alone, and return to whatever it might be that I was doing.
From time to time I heard footsteps that weren’t of a mole, so I turned around to see what they were. As per my incredible luck, it was a beautiful ranger-girl…but she was an enemy. Her hair was red and eyes were emerald green, and she looked angrily at the honorable badges upon my uniform. She must’ve been angry at the fact that those badges meant I had defeated many of her comrades.
I saw her draw an arrow from her invisible quiver of infinity, as she began to fire relentless barrages of arrows at me. I didn’t get it, she wasn’t moving at all but shooting very quickly, and most of her attacks were just bouncing off my gear shield.
“Miss, this isn’t how I like to greet my ladies! Please stop so we can be friends!” I said politely, but still she shot.
The beauty said nothing, but continued with her attacks. I figured it was time for me to pull out my trusty shotgun and go to work.
“If you insist fair maiden! I will show no mercy!” I aimed down the irons of Ol’ Faithful and prepared to shoot.
“FOR THE MOLETARIATE!” An army of dredge then came out of the ground and started attacking my beautiful ranger friend, and she fell to the ground, overwhelmed by the Dredge.
“NO you stupid rodents! She’s mine! Your Moletariate can’t have her!” I said swatting my wrench in their faces.
After the fight was over, I went to see the friendly dredge I met earlier to find out why they intruded.
“Hey, Charlie, why did you and your pals intrude in my fight?” I asked, with a pleading look on my face.
Charlie only shrugged and said;
“Lion’s Arch can make or break you.”
“Wait a minute, you’ve never even been to Lion’s Arch!” I yelled.
I stared at Charlie with a very straight face for a while, and when I tried to talk to him again, he looked at me awkwardly.
“Greetings Comrade.” Charlie said, finally.
“Oh forget it.”
Nothing too out of the ordinary I suppose, so I backed away slowly and hopped over to the portal back to Lion’s Arch.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Kormak and the little Quaggan

My paws were sore and I had an appointment with with the brilliant and lovely Michelle Blanche.
She was very calm for a Ranger, although she had a knack for stealing my apples, and I really hated that. She always had her pet Eagle with her, named Jorvi.
I always had my guard up if she tried anything. I stepped out of the portal in Fort Mariner, shook the dust off my uniform, and it was then that I felt a tug at my tail.
I turned around to see a friendly Quaggan pup.
“ooooOooo, nice Tail!” The Quaggan pup said, then cooed a few times.
I started walking away from the little guy, only to see him still following me. Looks like I made another friend. Reminded me a lot of that Iron Legion cub that I planned to recruit into my warband. Same promising grin and goofy personality.
“Let me guess,” I said, shaking my mane. “Quaggan is pleased to see me.”
“Hoo! How did you know quaggan would say that?”
“Quaggan always says that, Coo. Crap now you’ve got me saying it!”

in Community Creations

Posted by: escalantek.2586

escalantek.2586

(*Plops onto a chair and scoots forward*

oooh! I’m liking this story! Keep going! A very casual story, but one that still catches my attention from the beginning! Like Hey! What’s going on here?)

(edited by escalantek.2586)

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Kormak and Michelle “Seashell” Blanche

Every time I come here, I always regret it. Even when I’m supposed to be meeting someone, I always end up running off with someone else. The last time I was in Lion’s Arch, I was after a special jewelcrafting recipe, and when I found it I made sure to leave quick. I don’t like it there, it smells too much like Divinity’s Reach. I like that place more though, lots of pretty girls with….apples.
I looked up at the sun and saw that it was setting, and remembered that Michelle hadn’t shown up yet. So I decided that I’d stop waiting aimlessly around the plaza and head up to the Crow’s Nest for a drink. As I moved to open the door to the tavern, a sailor was thrown through the door in what seemed to be a drunken brawl. I peered my head in the doorway to see what was going on, and lo and behold there was Michelle fighting off drunkards left and right.
“Having fun without me already, Seashell?” I scoffed, and barged through the doors.
“You know me, Doormat, party doesn’t start till I end up fighting someone!” She said, with much overconfidence.
“Shell, careful for the-!”
She turned her head just in time to be hit by the blunt end of a dagger, and I already had Ol’ Faithful ready for action. I fired a bola at the would be attacker and tossed a wrench at him, then rushed to her side.
“Back off, now.” I snarled.
“You’re gonna pay for this!” Said the injured drunkard.
“They all say that! Why do they all say that? It’s so cliche.”
“Why don’t you go after him and ask?” Michelle laughed, pressing her hand to a cut on her brow.
I looked at her with a very straight face, then shook my mane in protest.
“What’s the matter, is kitty upset?” She asked, laughing a lot louder.
“Shut up, girl. My gun’s still loaded.” I said, snarling a little.
She was really too pretty for me to be mad at her though. My sire always laughed at me and said I was more interested flirting than fighting for any legion. True in a sense, but I’m never part of guilds long enough to care about solidarity anyway.

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Kormak and the pretty Mesmer.

If anything is obvious about me, it’s that I like the outfits mesmer girls pick. What always bugs me is when I’m chasing the wrong one! I mean there are so many fish in the sea but mesmer girls put that so out of wack, what’s a charr to do?
This reminds me of an experience I had with one of them not too long ago. Her name was Lola, she is a human mesmer about the age of 20, and she was wearing this lovely magenta dress, which was somehow able to support a forty pound greatsword on her back.
“Lola, how do you carry that sword around with no sheath?” I asked, tilting my head.
“Well, how do you carry a rifle without a holster?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.
“I’m the one asking questions here!”
She gave me a sly grin, as if she was planning something. I snarled, then walked away. I saw a vendor that was selling precious metals for relatively cheap, and weaseled the price down a little lower. Afterwards I went over to a Jewelcrafting anvil and forged an Oricalchum band and chiseled down an Emerald Orb to be fit into the setting on it. Then I heard something drop behind me, so I turned to see what it was. It was…a monocle? A bloody monocle falls behind me? I knew Lion’s Arch was weird but these humans sure know how to misplace their eyepieces!
When I turned back to my work, I felt a soft wind on my horns, as if something was gently exhaling on them.
“Now some kitten ghosts are here? For Rytlock’s sake I left the Citadel for a reason!” I said, slamming my fist on the workbench.
I felt the breeze again, but this time I was really irritated.
“I have more than enough Incandescent Dust thank you! Go away ghostie!”
“Shut up, Kormak. You’re so loud when you’re scared.” Lola said, as she appeared sitting elegantly on the overhang above.
“Fortunately for you, Lola, you’re a pretty irritation.”

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

bump, more coming soon.

in Community Creations

escalantek.2586

(Hope you don’t mind my thoughts interrupting your story, but I’m curious to know if you have any image references for how your characters look? You’ve done a great job characterizing them, and I might like to do a sketch or two of your story! I think it would be fun!)

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

(Hope you don’t mind my thoughts interrupting your story, but I’m curious to know if you have any image references for how your characters look? You’ve done a great job characterizing them, and I might like to do a sketch or two of your story! I think it would be fun!)

that sounds really interesting actually. Kormak looks…lol, i’ll find a file. as for the other characters, those are just emulations of people i’ve met.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Kormak the delivery Charr

After Lola spooked me, I was able to finish my work and we went and had a drink together. I can honestly say that the ale these humans drink is weak, but it is quite fun watching a Sylvari get drunk. Everything has a right to grow, except when Sylvari drink it. Unfortunately, the Crow’s Nest didn’t have any Citadel Scotch, so I was the designated charr transport.
Lola was passed out drunk from all the Unidentified Ale that she had, and started talking about an angry asura she met a while ago.
“Kormak, when did I give you distortion?” Lola asked, then hiccuped.
“Shut up and climb on. I’ll get you home.” I said, getting on my paws letting her climb on my back. “Don’t get used to this.”
“Ah, a charrtlem-men!”
“I said shut up. Just get up here and hang on.”
She got on my back and I started towards her house, making sure to avoid the fact that there was someone riding me. She used to do this to me as a cub and I hated it. Luckily her house was only a few blocks away.
“Hey, Kormak.” Said an unfamiliar voice.
I stopped suddenly, looking around to see where it came from, but found nothing.
“Huh, who?” I asked the voice.
“It’s Lethara you idiot.”
“Oh, no time for you right now midget. Can’t you see I’m making a delivery?” I tossed my Elixir S on the ground, creating a stealth bubble for myself and Lola long enough to get away from Lethara.
Finally I arrived at Lola’s manor, so I let myself in and set her on the nearest chair.
“Lola, no more of this, ay? It’s pretty embarassing!” I said, then laughed.

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

bump, because it looks like only art threads get noticed.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Arcadian Knight.1079

Arcadian Knight.1079

I am enjoying the read. Was wondering if there was consistency there for a moment but it’s all flowing together nicely when you keep reading

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

I am enjoying the read. Was wondering if there was consistency there for a moment but it’s all flowing together nicely when you keep reading

there really isn’t meant to be consistency to be honest lol. the stories are meant to be as random and lulzy as the situations i get into in game xD

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Kormak and the crazy cat guardswoman

Today I was in Divinity’s Reach. New Guild stationed me there for some reason. Seraph guards always came and bothered me.
“Um, sir?” The guardswoman approached me timidly.
“What?” I said, stopping long enough to get a good look at her.
She kept her hand on the hilt of her blade the whole time.
“C-could you stop throwing p-paint grenades everywhere? You’re scaring the m-merchants.”
“A stuttering guardswoman! Cute. Don’t tell me, Logan sends the newest recruit that likes cats and now he’s mad because he doesn’t like the color I’m painting his stable.” I said, snarling and throwing another paint grenade at the wall.
“Yes, I love cats. It’s my mission to pet every cat but that has nothing to do wi-”
“Do you also love to run?” I asked, cutting her off.
The guardswoman was looking off into oblivion.
“Miss?”
“I’m sorry I’m thinking about cats again!”
I noticed that I had one last magenta paint grenade and lobbed it right at her helmet.
“No cats here lady. I’m a splatter painter!”
After I threw the magenta grenade, I started a brief victory dance then went back to my work. After a few more barrages my work was finished, and a gigantic depiction of Zhaitan was on the wall of Logan’s stable. People would walk by with confused looks on their faces, while I stood there proud of my work.

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

kormak loves you

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

won’t be doing this for a while, assuming anyone noticed this anyway.

in Community Creations

escalantek.2586

:( think my heart just broke.

I don’t think everyone who has a gw2 account pays attention to the forums. Compared to other games with forums, I don’t think they get quite as noticed here. But I do think the gw2 population is still growing. And maybe not everyone who reads leaves a comment?
I really like that your forum topic is a collection of these short stories though. There’s like no pressure to follow a story and you can read them in any order! I thought it was an awesome idea!

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

i found you! on page three, i am disappoint.

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Kormak and jokes

After a long day of hard working, I decided that I deserved a pint or six. I had gone but twenty steps, and there stood Lola. My expression went immediately from excited and relaxed to stressful.
“Oh, hi there Lola!” I said, shaking my mane. “Have you seen a guardswoman swooning over every cat she comes across? You know, the one that loves to run?”
Lola laughed, her smile lighting up the streets.
“Yes Kormak, I’ve seen that recording. There’s no way she’s real though.” Lola replied sarcastically, petting my head.
“No way huh. Well I met her. She’s cute but a total mentalcase. I feel like I should’ve tossed an Elixir C at her, but even that can cure only so many conditions.”
Lola just shook her head at my obvious pun.
“You’re terrible at jokes Kormak. Luckily you’re cute in the way that charrs sometime are.”
I grunted at her, showing my displeasure at her comment, and she simply patted my head.
“Not funny.”
A couple hours later, Lola and I were back in my workshop and I was tempering some steel for a new rifle design.
“Well maybe you should get to know her. She might be completely harmless you know.” Lola said, with a smirk.
“Maybe I should’ve left you in that bar.”
Her smirk vanished.

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

dry spell:(
exams starting up

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

what drives almost every author is feedback. so, i could use some. please?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Alrighty, do other players inspire the roles or do you just come up with this on your own? Oh! Are you RP’ing it up in Tarnished Coast? By the way, I love to read this stuff, art is cool and whutnought, but a story is infinitely better. Keep it up (:

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Alrighty, do other players inspire the roles or do you just come up with this on your own? Oh! Are you RP’ing it up in Tarnished Coast? By the way, I love to read this stuff, art is cool and whutnought, but a story is infinitely better. Keep it up (:

i really appreciate it. Kormak Wildborne is the name of my Charr Engineer, Lola is completely made up but based on a from a friend of mine in game. The female asura is made up as well. Michelle is based on a girl i knew in game, we were always in a party together in world vs world, she was really sarcastic and actually very pretty. (her character was pretty but i meant the person)
as for Kormak’s personality in the stories, when i see a someone like “michelle” run by in wvwvw, i usually stop fighting invaders to chase her xD

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

i’m having trouble giving this little series an official title if anyone has a suggestion i’d love to see it

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Lola and Boots-Kormak’s Valentine’s Day

I began hammering away at my steel, and got a small drill bit for the rifling. Afterwards, there was a long silence as I started the frame of the rifle and the lever-action. Soon I finished the rifle, then started on the next set of pistols, which I would call Justice and Mercy. They were a seven round capacity handgun, Justice was a much higher caliber though. As I was finishing the iron sights on Mercy, I felt something blow on my ears. I shook my mane and looked around to find what it was.
“Should’ve expected you wouldn’t leave.” I said, abruptly.
“I had to go pay the leatherworker who made these shoes I’m wearing. What do you think of them?” She asked, twirling around and modeling her new boots.
“Are you asking me if the boots make you look prettier? I don’t know. Charr don’t really uh…design things that…” I started to follow her every twirl. Of course she wears her best clothes today.
“That what, Kormak?”
“You’re beautiful.”
“What?” She asked, tilting her head.
“Huh? Did I say something?”
“I think you did.”
“I said you were cute, okay? Well, beautiful. Cute has less syllables.”
She kissed my cheek. If Charrs could blush, I think I might’ve been.
“You remember when I told you I only stick around you because I like cats? Well I kind of lied. You’re really sweet when you aren’t shooting Invaders in the face.” She said, petting me in my weak spot behind my left horn.
I pulled something out of my coat pocket and handed it to her.
“What is this?”
“Open it.”
She opened it to find a masterfully crafted ring with a ruby setting and opal crests.
“It’s gorgeous..Where did you get it?”
I held up my paws.
“Wait, you made it?” She was flabbergasted.
“Yeah, I was voted best Jeweler in the Citadel five years running.”
“I have something for you too Kormak.”
Lola reached into her pocket and pulled out…..yarn!
“This isn’t just any yarn, I cast Mantra of Resolve on it so no one can hurt you.”
I reached for it and tied it around my left horn, then she rubbed my mane.
“Very cute, Kormak.”
“Thank you Lola.” I said with a gigantic toothy grin.

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

bump for dry spell and maybe feedback

in Community Creations

Posted by: Arcadian Knight.1079

Arcadian Knight.1079

I’m still reading them, still quite nice and enjoyable.

The valentines day one is very cute

in Community Creations

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

I love this thread and will bump it anytime I can, even though I’m one of those “art threads”. It sure would be fun to collaborate, very fun and creative characters you’ve made there.

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

I love this thread and will bump it anytime I can, even though I’m one of those “art threads”. It sure would be fun to collaborate, very fun and creative characters you’ve made there.

thanks a lot man. like i said, Kormak Wildborne is my character, and the other characters are based on people i’ve met. Edu’s workday doodle’s has been something i’ve frequented lately, so don’t mind the distaste you got from the ‘all those art threads’ comment. i like to see variety so i have a recommendation/question.
would you mind drawing Lola? obviously there are no screenshots. she’d be a human mesmer of average height, brown hair/eyes. the rest i leave to your judgement

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Kormak and the Thief

I was running around Stonemist again, usual rounds and all that. I happened to come by a thief, pretty little thing she was. She was wearing this armor set that looked more like lingerie than protective gear. How that protects anything is confusing to me but I’ll just go with it.
So she was running around knifing people and such and then she saw me and went invisible. I looked around for about thirty seconds, and after I didn’t see her for that long I just went back to my business.
That was a mistake because she started attacking me. So I started running off because she was dirtying my shirt. There’s nothing like getting charr fur out of a leather jerkin, let me tell you.
The whole time she was attacking me she kept screaming out “Sir! Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Melandru?”
“No thiefy, no time for Melandru. Stop hitting me! It tickles.” I said, shaking my mane and scratching at her.
She wouldn’t stop. After about twenty seconds she was gone again. Then I felt a sharp pain in my back.
“Should’ve given me a moment to tell you about the awesomeness of Melandru.”
“The Charr need no gods!” I said as I set off a bomb in her face.

in Community Creations

Edusd.7893

Excellent lil short, as always. Keep ’em coming!

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Community Creations

Edusd.7893

Question, does the crazy cat guardswoman story have anything to do with the “I hug cats” lady from that match.com video? My roommate named one of his characters after her….

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Question, does the crazy cat guardswoman story have anything to do with the “I hug cats” lady from that match.com video? My roommate named one of his characters after her….

actually yeah lol. maybe i should’ve used her for the v-day one instead?

in Community Creations

Edusd.7893

So I guess you aren’t receiving my PMs, so I’ll just skip that this time and post my rough here. Just looking for feedback before I start something more finished.

Attachments:

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

sorry, haven’t logged into the website for a while. she looks just like i’d imagine her to. keep it up
i can even imagine what she’s saying
“Kormak you’re an angry little kitty”

in Community Creations

Posted by: SilverSteele.6519

SilverSteele.6519

I must say, I really love the work you have been doing, it’s light, fun and helps bring the world to life so much more. I can’t believe there’s something like this on this forum it’s so cool! It takes a lot of guts to put up something you’ve made for the world to see, and to keep doing it even if you aren’t sure if anyone even notices it. I hope you continue to keep making these awesome short stories about the life of a charr, I can’t wait to see what else you have in store!

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Kormak and the License renewal

One day I was strolling around Lion’s Arch, minding my own business when an asura comes out of nowhere and hands me a sheet of official looking paper.
“Hey, hey little man, what’s this?” I asked.
“The paper? Oh, nothing special. Your Engineering certificate is up for renewal.” The asura said, then scampered off.
“…Engineering certificate? What’s that?”
“You should know what it is, Kormak.”
“Wait, how do you know my name?” I asked, with a confused expression.
“It’s on the envelope you daft charr.”
“Oh. So it is. Hehe.”
I stood there with a straight face, with no idea what was going on. I looked around a little, wondering if there would be anymore interruptions. When I realized that there wouldn’t be anymore, I went back to what I was doing.
“Do Asura have to renew theirs?” I asked, scratching my mane with my left paw.
“No.” The Asura said.
“Why not?”
“Because we’re elitist yoda look-a-likes.”
My expression turned from discontented, to aggravated. Just because the asura use bigger words when they aren’t needed doesn’t make them better! I’m a magic Engineer! How dare he!
After a few minutes, the asura started walking away again, so I fired a glue shot at him and pinned him against an anvil. I walked up to him slowly, and stole his engineering certificate. He tried getting it back, but I took a swig of the trusty Elixir S and shrank out of his grip and got away. I started laughing when I was a safe distance away and left him there calling for help to the master armorsmith. She merely asked if he had coin.

in Community Creations

Edusd.7893

So, you would’ve had Lola by now, as it was the focus of my Sunday, but I just wasn’t happy with the color scheme. I hate color, I’m just not good with it. But here is her pic so far, I’ll try and finish her this week. Sorry its taking so long, but a 70hr work week doesn’t leave a lot of free time.

Attachments:

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

So, you would’ve had Lola by now, as it was the focus of my Sunday, but I just wasn’t happy with the color scheme. I hate color, I’m just not good with it. But here is her pic so far, I’ll try and finish her this week. Sorry its taking so long, but a 70hr work week doesn’t leave a lot of free time.

sir it’s fantabulous

in Community Creations

Edusd.7893

I think you’ll like the finished thing a lil more…

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Community Creations

Edusd.7893

Sorry it took so long, but the background was giving me sad days! Anyway I hope that you like: “Kormak and the pretty mesmer”.

Attachments:

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

Sorry it took so long, but the background was giving me sad days! Anyway I hope that you like: “Kormak and the pretty mesmer”.

thats cute xD
good ol’ kormak and his nonchalant stare.

in Community Creations

Edusd.7893

So, a thought. Since your release schedule seems staggered and irregular, maybe some more collaboration could work. Perhaps if you mail me your post before you put it up, I can do up an accompanying sketch to go along with it. Something simple to go with the story. Maybe colored, but perhaps only toned depending on time available. What do you think?

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

i think it’s completely up to you, but i like the idea. so far you’ve gotten the characters pretty well so i’m definitely for more.

in Community Creations

Lightsbane.9012

super bumpyfuntime