The new VisualWood video....

in Community Creations

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

The new VisualWood video pretty much sums up what the community believes about the x-pac, and why there should be one… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MDd95CwA0U

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

WP and Matt always do a good job, and know for the most part what players want from this game and what will help it grow. Commenting in hopes that a Dev will see this and listen to it.

in Community Creations

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

As much as I like Matt the video is hardly giving good reasons for an expansion, its also plagued by the same misconception that an expat is easily made and is required for the game to survive, the rate at which a player devours content is tremendous.

could you imagine if the flame and frost, aetherblades this patch and everything in between was rolled up into an expansion can you imagine how messy it would be? how fast that content will go? not to mention having 6 months + of pretty much no content update, then we will go the wat wow is going where people jsut wait till the next expat, oh and dont forget the whining about the game beign a grind and nothing new

in Community Creations

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

yeah well im saying that very often that if you take all this content together you can make an expansion but the problem is that is not permanent so it doesnt feel like it is one…

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Regardless of whether they’re making an expansion or not, Living Story is a mediocre substitute.
Check list content that can be done in less than 6 hours.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The problem here is when people try to talk for “the community” as if the community has one voice. Almost anything anyone says represents community opinion, is going to only represent a portion of the community. The entire community rarely agrees on everything.

We all might, for example, all believe there should be better balance, but we could wildly disagree on what balance means, or what changes should be made to bring that about.

With the expansion concept, I’m not so sure that the entire community wants one, though there is a vocal group of people that do. Surely people who have finished all the existing content would want an expansion, but what percentage of the playerbase is that?

What people really want are things traditionally found in an expansion. Whether any game can add that stuff without an expansion remains to be seen.

in Community Creations

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

As much as I like Matt the video is hardly giving good reasons for an expansion, its also plagued by the same misconception that an expat is easily made and is required for the game to survive, the rate at which a player devours content is tremendous.

could you imagine if the flame and frost, aetherblades this patch and everything in between was rolled up into an expansion can you imagine how messy it would be? how fast that content will go? not to mention having 6 months + of pretty much no content update, then we will go the wat wow is going where people jsut wait till the next expat, oh and dont forget the whining about the game beign a grind and nothing new

An expansion would not have been done like the current living story.
The mess is because of how poorly planned everything is in the current development state. An expansion would have an actual plan instead of some whimsical thought of the day.

I don’t know how everyone else feels, but I’d rather eat the a plate of the world’s best steak for dinner and have a good lasting feeling for it than rather eating scraps of
the world’s best steak served every hour.

People keep wondering, ‘This is just filler stuff, right? The “real” content’s being made secretly in the background, right?"
It’s going to be really embarrassing for the devs when people finally realize what we’re seeing now is them working at full force, and this is actually their “meaty” content.

in Community Creations

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

The mess is because of how poorly planned everything is in the current development state. An expansion would have an actual plan instead of some whimsical thought of the day.

I don’t know how everyone else feels, but I’d rather eat the a plate of the world’s best steak for dinner and have a good lasting feeling for it than rather eating scraps of

People keep wondering, ‘This is just filler stuff, right? The “real” content’s being made secretly in the background, right?"
It’s going to be really embarrassing for the devs when people finally realize what we’re seeing now is them working at full force, and this is actually their “meaty” content.

Were we go again with all the presumptions, assumptions and sweeping statements, its just another argument with people having their own opinion on certain things, kinda like how many people like the difficulty of the latest tower and then another side says its far too easy.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

As for permanent being the only way to go. How many people where at the Halloween zone a week after it came out? How many are at the tower now? Content is played through and forgotten. Only gets replayed if there is nothing else to play for 6 months to a year.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

That’s why you make repayable content like fractals.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Hopefully Fractals is the next update. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Community Creations

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Were we go again with all the presumptions, assumptions and sweeping statements, its just another argument with people having their own opinion on certain things, kinda like how many people like the difficulty of the latest tower and then another side says its far too easy.

What? Have you read the dev posts in the collaboration thread?
They said themselves they keep plans short because they need to be able to change things on a whim and that’s because of the state of how they’re developing the living story.
Looks like someone hasn’t done their research.