Thieves rule W3 :-)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

At this point it is useless trying to talk to anti-thief people. You can exain all day how to beat thief and all you get is “why should I have too”. Why should oh have too? Have to what use the skills given to you in the game to counter other players in a pvp situation? Come on!

Explain me how to beat a semi-decent p/d thief as a mesmer. Well lets say a rather good p/d thief who generally doesn’t do stupid mistakes.

Next you can explain me how to beat him as a warrior. :P I also challenge you to not just explain, but also to prove that your explain is correct (duel a p/d thief who is known to be very good).

I don’t play a Mesmer you would need to find someone who does. I also don’t run p/d or d/d on my thief. I use sword/dagger and short bow (when I play it. running necro at the moment )

But my buddy runs a condition Mesmer and eats p/d for lunch but has a hard time with d/d. On my axe/focus power necro I eat d/d well having a harder time with p/d. It’s a bit of give in take with builds. I also don’t play a warrior but will tell you that hammer warriors rule.

That’s the thing thou. There are plenty of people out there that like me play more then one class and know counters you just need to look for them.

I see you edited your post, so let me get this straight I need to find a build for two classes that is useful in general and also good at killing select builds? Then I need to share this perfect build with everyone? Well when I find out how to go 30/30/30/30/30 and have all my utilities on my bar I will be here in a flash letting everyone know.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

(edited by Samhayn.2385)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lonny.9873

Lonny.9873

P/D Thieves usually run or dodge into your direction. Just hit dodge the moment he’s in range for CnD…. It should force him to use Shadow Refuge.
Otherwise most Thieves dont even try to use CnD on your Phantasms or Illus. So just don’t use a shatter skill unless you have a clear opportunity. Your Phantasms will re-target him as soon as he leaves his stealth and unload their full channel/attack/whatsoever on him, even if he was only visible for 0,1 seconds

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in Community Creations

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

At this point it is useless trying to talk to anti-thief people. You can exain all day how to beat thief and all you get is “why should I have too”. Why should oh have too? Have to what use the skills given to you in the game to counter other players in a pvp situation? Come on!

Explain me how to beat a semi-decent p/d thief as a mesmer. Well lets say a rather good p/d thief who generally doesn’t do stupid mistakes.

Next you can explain me how to beat him as a warrior. :P I also challenge you to not just explain, but also to prove that your explain is correct (duel a p/d thief who is known to be very good).

I don’t play a Mesmer you would need to find someone who does. I also don’t run p/d or d/d on my thief. I use sword/dagger and short bow (when I play it. running necro at the moment )

But my buddy runs a condition Mesmer and eats p/d for lunch but has a hard time with d/d. On my axe/focus power necro I eat d/d well having a harder time with p/d. It’s a bit of give in take with builds.

Please, a condition mesmer doesn’t stand a smallest chance against p/d. P/d thief has probably the best condition removal in the game. P/d can also play very passively, which means that he can’t be forced to take ticks from confusion, which is 95% of condition mesmers damage.

I also don’t play a warrior but will tell you that hammer warriors rule.

Lol.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lonny.9873

Lonny.9873

But my buddy runs a condition Mesmer and eats p/d for lunch but has a hard time with d/d. On my axe/focus power necro I eat d/d well having a harder time with p/d. It’s a bit of give in take with builds.

Please, a condition mesmer doesn’t stand a smallest chance against p/d. P/d thief has probably the best condition removal in the game. P/d can also play very passively, which means that he can’t be forced to take ticks from confusion, which is 95% of condition mesmers damage.

Guess u underestimate the Mesmers Dueling lvl 15 Minor Trait…

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in Community Creations

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Guess u underestimate the Mesmers Dueling lvl 15 Minor Trait…

That trait with 1700 condition damage and 50% crit chance, deals 300 to 400 damage per illusion attack. It’s 5second bleed that doesn’t benefit from condition duration boosters. It’s a nice minor boost, but definitely not your main way to cause damage.
In any case, it doesn’t do much against p/d thief as they remove conditions when they stealth.

I see you edited your post, so let me get this straight I need to find a build for two classes that is useful in general and also good at killing select builds? Then I need to share this perfect build with everyone? Well when I find out how to go 30/30/30/30/30 and have all my utilities on my bar I will be here in a flash letting everyone know.

Look, it does work to the other way:
Given any warrior build, there exists a generally useful thief build that beats that warrior build.
If the game is balanced, it should also work to the otherway, should it not?

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Thor.1756

Thor.1756

For now it’s enough if you can show how to beat that thief with any other class than elementalist or thief itself.

All classes can handle killing thieves the same way, CC’s. A shatter mesmer can beat a p/d thief the same as any other class, be good enough to hit with F3 (daze AKA CC) + F1 and he pops like a zit.

That being said, mesmers are the worst class for condi removal so that’s probably the only mes build that can handle p/d thief, excluding running moa.

Hammer guardian can lock the thief in a ring of doom and then he’s pretty much boned, not to mention a guardian can easily shrug off the condi’s a p/d thief can inflict and outlast him

Warrior with good immob’s, knockdowns and so on can take advantage of those cc’s to get enough dps to take down a p/d thief, assuming the war has good condi removal like and wvw war should

Engi ult and other cc’s provides plenty of time to stack on dps/condis

etc. etc.

Jade Quarry

in Community Creations

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

@ timespace

Yeah the thief has a build that counters a general warrior build. That thief is also nearly useless in group combat and brings no group utility. Unlike the warrior he is countering. Hence give and take.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Jerks.3172

Jerks.3172

Secondly, if your having problems with culling.
you need to upgrade your hardware.
With the recent change, culling got better for some and significantly worse for others.
That tells us that it may then be a hardware problem where people are using the lowest spec computers available.

If you are using the lowest grade of equipment, you may also want to come to terms that culling will possible never get better for you.

Culling has nothing to do with the client.

Nothing? I wouldnt say so. this is taken directly from one of the programmers " Extra load time varies depending on how beefy the client machine is (those with more memory, faster CPUs, more CPU cores, and faster drives experience shorter load times)."

in Community Creations

Posted by: Jerks.3172

Jerks.3172

Look, it does work to the other way:
Given any warrior build, there exists a generally useful thief build that beats that warrior build.
If the game is balanced, it should also work to the otherway, should it not?

Warriors are great vsing thieves especially when i run GS+Sword/Shield, GS 4 Immobilize , Sword burst skill immobilze, shield 4 stuns, and bullcharge which leads to easy 100b’s and when a D/D Thief trys to burst you shake it off shield 5. D/P i generally dont have much problem with them too as soon as they pop out you have so many skills that can immobilize/stun him to land hits he cant be taking.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

“This forum is a place for everybody to show off the cool Guild Wars 2 related websites, tools, videos and other resources around the internet.”

This video isn’t cool, its showcasing what’s broken about the game. Why would you move this to Linksville. Come, come see how cool an broken WvW is for theifs~

(You did do a good job at soloing the keep lord tho Budchgon^^. I honestly feel like 90% of the tower lords are bugged and never fight back for more then a second~)

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

With the recent change, culling got better for some and significantly worse for others.
That tells us that it may then be a hardware problem where people are using the lowest spec computers available.

If you are using the lowest grade of equipment, you may also want to come to terms that culling will possible never get better for you.

LMAO! If you think that culling is a result of client hardware, you need to L2Program, cause you obviously have no clue what you’re talking about.

I have this issue quite often where a stealthed thieve will hit me for more than half my health appear for a split second, restealth, and and I’m downed. Then stealth again, and stomp/stake me. This is not due to my hardware, I assure you that.

Before you claim that it’s my old hardware and blah blah blah, I’d bet that I have been building computers for longer than you knew what a computer was, and I know I don’t have cutting edge technology today, but I assure you, it’s more than adequate to play this game.

Now, would you like to blame the something else on the issue, or you would finally like to admit that the class has some issues that need to be worked on? I’m sure you won’t admit it, as you enjoy your 2 button no talent broken class.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

LMAO! If you think that culling is a result of client hardware, you need to L2Program, cause you obviously have no clue what you’re talking about.

I have this issue quite often where a stealthed thieve will hit me for more than half my health appear for a split second, restealth, and and I’m downed. Then stealth again, and stomp/stake me. This is not due to my hardware, I assure you that.

Before you claim that it’s my old hardware and blah blah blah, I’d bet that I have been building computers for longer than you knew what a computer was, and I know I don’t have cutting edge technology today, but I assure you, it’s more than adequate to play this game.

Now, would you like to blame the something else on the issue, or you would finally like to admit that the class has some issues that need to be worked on? I’m sure you won’t admit it, as you enjoy your 2 button no talent broken class.

Agreed. I shared my specs above. Top of the line. It’s not my hardware, lol.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in Community Creations

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

welp we got bumped to the forgotten corner of the forums.

i guess we all know that anet doesn’t care about thieves at all.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

welp we got bumped to the forgotten corner of the forums.

i guess we all know that anet doesn’t care about thieves at all.

Clicked the thread just to post this. Like seriously? This? In Linksville?

The mods are the biggest trolls on this forum.

Inb4 infraction.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Community Creations

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I don’t think that people should have to plan, strategise, use specific gear, skills, traits and armour all to survive one profession. That’s game breaking.

It’s not really this so much as knowing what to do with your profession to counter them. I said it in my original post on this thread: Thief combat is entirely different from every other profession on the game. Naturally, then, it takes a bit of a different strategy to counter them. (In other words, not something you would necessarily do against others.) I honestly believe that lots would be solved if people just created Thieves to see what it’s like. That’s not OP, it’s just different.

I have a lvl 80 thief Ive geared up and is actually the toon I use in WvW when I want a more relaxing session. I rarely die, harass constantly, kill regularly and even I feel the thief is OP.

I honestly believe that lots would be solved if thieves just created different professions to see what it’s like. It is OP, it’s not just different.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Community Creations

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Your missing the point. Anytime anyone talks about how OP a thief is, you guys give a long list of what people should be doing. Its not a question why should I have to, its a question why should I have to do so much compared to every other profession.

At this point it is useless trying to talk to pro-thief people.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Community Creations

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

^ Yup. That’s the best hint of all that thief is broken. Everyone’s playstyle has to center around beating theirs. Why shouldn’t it be the other way around? Thieves are just better people and deserve to rule combat? Nope, everyone is wrong, it’s ok that thieves can do whatever and still swim in badges.

These people even think 1v1 is all thief has, and act like other classes aren’t limited to niche roles, because sharing stealth and venoms is useless afterall. Poor thieves.

in Community Creations

Posted by: strik.5684

strik.5684

numbers talk by ourselves , 65% of outside Zergs WxWxW players are: thieves, 15% mesmer 15%eles then 5% all other 5 classes, so why people comes here and tells so much xit, easy burst invisible playing class its the favorite by far on wxwxw, and someone tells they are nice as they are right now, that’s why the class balance in this game its so wonderful, engineers and necros are bashed to the ground (we see some on large zergs), mesmers are being nerfed since september with every patch, and lots of bugs in traits and skills , warriors the same and so on, only untouchable class’s are elementalist and thief, period no discussion, still theres a lot of noobs playing those 2 classes .

Necropotenze, human necro from Hell guild >>UW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

It’s World of Roguecraft all over again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u55vHURPQSw&t=0s