[Video] The Last Straw by Angel McCoy (Anet)

in Community Creations

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

A few years ago, Angel McCoy (ArenaNet employee) created a text story for the origin of Marjory Delaqua. However, this wonderful story was told outside of the game so many players do not know of its existence. Rallying to the call to “teach the untaught”. DRMS guildies have recreated Angel’s story with in-game art, music, and their own voices. This video took one to two months to complete, if you enjoy the video please share with your friends and/or colleagues. We may add more videos to our “Lost Lore” series, if there is enough interest in it.

Thanks everyone!

(edited by reapex.8546)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Angel McCoy

Angel McCoy

Narrative Designer

I’m deeply humbled. What a marvelous job you did bringing this story to life! Bravo!!

in Community Creations

reapex.8546

Thank you Ms. McCoy, everyone is happy to receive a message from you. To quote a few guildies upon hearing your reply:

“Awwww, how sweet”
“Outstanding!”
“How awesome is that?”
“It is pretty awesome”

Among a ton of other messages from guildies. We’re glad you enjoyed our digital tribute to your story. Thank you for creating Marjory’s tale!

in Community Creations

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

The video is amazing, and the story, by the Six! I need to know more now

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Community Creations

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

So was the voice of “E” described as a male voice? Or was that just creative lisence on you guys side?

Because its awefully convenient if “E” is male and will debunk a lot of the theories out there.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

in Community Creations

reapex.8546

So was the voice of “E” described as a male voice? Or was that just creative lisence on you guys side?

Because its awefully convenient if “E” is male and will debunk a lot of the theories out there.

No player knows E’s gender. During Living Story, Kasmeer theorized that E maybe a group of people. But in short, we had limited volunteers so we went with whoever voice was available hehe.

in Community Creations

reapex.8546

The video is amazing, and the story, by the Six! I need to know more now

We’re glad you enjoyed the video

in Community Creations

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

No player knows E’s gender. During Living Story, Kasmeer theorized that E maybe a group of people. But in short, we had limited volunteers so we went with whoever voice was available hehe.

Awww, shoot. I was hoping it could give my theory of E being lord Faren a boost.
Still a great Vid!

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

in Community Creations

reapex.8546

Awww, shoot. I was hoping it could give my theory of E being lord Faren a boost.
Still a great Vid!

Thank you and good luck on your theory! We were undecided about continuing the Lost Lore series. However, some players seem to be interested.

in Community Creations

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Thank you and good luck on your theory! We were undecided about continuing the Lost Lore series. However, some players seem to be interested :D.

It’s not like you have a choice: JUST DO IT, or I’ll go through the Mists to find you and force you to create more of these awesome vids :D

I really think ANet should release more lore related content (IRL short stories, in-game tiny events in cities, in-game books…), I’m really interested in a tangible world with stories here and there (you know, like reading the news) rather than a world that sometimes stands still ^^

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Community Creations

reapex.8546

Thank you and good luck on your theory! We were undecided about continuing the Lost Lore series. However, some players seem to be interested.

It’s not like you have a choice: JUST DO IT, or I’ll go through the Mists to find you and force you to create more of these awesome vids

I really think ANet should release more lore related content (IRL short stories, in-game tiny events in cities, in-game books…), I’m really interested in a tangible world with stories here and there (you know, like reading the news) rather than a world that sometimes stands still ^^

Thank you for the vote of confidence xD. There are various minor NPCs that actually have their dialogue altered throughout the years in GW2. They aren’t really advertised that well but they do exist. For one example, Lionguard Turma.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

You guys are awesome.

In a related note, Angel has also made available a GW2 IF, called Drooburt’s Last Wintersday .

in Community Creations

reapex.8546

You guys are awesome.

In a related note, Angel has also made available a GW2 IF, called Drooburt’s Last Wintersday .

Thank you! Yup, its great how Angel and Anet used TWINE to create that story.