Want a theme composed for your character?

in Community Creations

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Quick update: All character themes for Second Wave have been composed. I’m going to be taking a few months’ break to write bonus tracks for the album release and focus on other projects. I expect to start Third Wave in late summer. Huge thanks to everyone who has submitted a character so far!

Original post below:
——-

Since March 2014, I’ve been writing short loopable theme music for GW2 characters for practice. I started with two of my characters, then opened it up to Guild Wars 2 Guru. I got a modest response, but I’m still looking to expand my pool of characters to choose from, so I brought the thread over here as well. With the GW2Guru thread closed, this is now the sole place for it.

If you’re interested, all you need to do is say so and give me a quick rundown of your character and an image I can use.

For the character description, I’ll need obvious things like name, race, and profession, but also a little bit of back story and personality. I don’t need a 10-page essay, but I would like more than “this is my character, he’s a warrior”.

For the image, give me something that’s ready to go. I’m not exactly a Photoshop wiz.

The themes I end up doing will be entirely at my own discretion, and with my own timing, so posting does not guarantee you a character theme, let alone one in any sort of punctual manner (I did, after all, recently get back from a 7-month hiatus). I’m basically doing this for practice and to create a body of work, and I figured I might as well do something cool for the GW2 community while I’m at it. A lot of what I’ll end up doing will be new for me to some extent, so I’ll need time.

No solid format rules are really set in stone for how you present your character, but an interesting character, a well-written bio, and a nice full high-resolution screenshot of your character will help your chances of being picked.

This isn’t a commission thread; please seek me out through other means for commission work. This isn’t a criticism thread; instead, feel free to post criticism in the comments on YouTube.

I’ll throw everything I do in the following post, including ones I do for my own characters, along with a link to my full Original Composition playlist on YouTube. If you need examples or just want to hear what I’ve done, follow the links in the next post.

Notes:

Regarding frequency: I will no longer be doing these compositions at the rate that I used to. Community interest has declined, and I need to focus on creating music that will advance my goals. I will not be ending the project entirely, but there will be long stretches of time where I don’t create a character theme.

I decide what to name these pieces. I have a system, and naming my own compositions is simply part of the process of personal investment for me.

If your picture is out-of-date, always feel free to edit your post with a better one. I always select pictures right before I release any given composition, so I’ll see it if you upload a new one.

Any pictures with any sort of typography other than an artist’s signature will not be used.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

(edited by DusK.3849)

in Community Creations

DusK.3849

Second wave:
“Map, Compass, and Satchel” - Captain Kace, human engineer
“On Silent Hawk Wings” - Cyane Imara, norn ranger
“How Close She Came” - Rosja, sylvari warrior
“Seeking Magic” - Vaeleyna Eventide, human elementalist
“Cheesy Jokes and Bloodlust” - Rezzah, asura necromancer
“Her Inquest Colors” - Erizzi, asura engineer
“An Alchemical Ego” - Tarsin Blastdraft, charr engineer

First wave:
“Balthazar Guide My Arm, Dwayna Guide My Heart” - Dathius Eventide, human guardian
“The Waters Around Her” - Kyera Fearghus, human elementalist
“One Day to Be Forgiven” - Alesia Langmar, human guardian
“Many Songs Will Be Sung” - Thorfinnr Sleggja, norn warrior
“In His Heart of Frost” - Rhew Anfarwol, sylvari necromancer
“A Dark Heart is Still a Heart, Right?” - Lyzixx, asura necromancer
“Semele’s Research” - Semele Isra, human elementalist

Full original composition playlist

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

(edited by DusK.3849)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nathanael.4398

Nathanael.4398

Hi DusK, i appreciate your work (especially the SAB reworks) and i hope you pick my character to work a theme out for!

Name: Nathanael Mandrake
Race: Asura
Class: Mesmer
Previous Location: Elona – Basar of Kodash
Current Location: Lion’s Arch
Guild: Tales of Kodash (a trading guild)
Picture: http://img4.picload.org/image/clrclio/nathanaelmandrake.jpg

Here is his backstory:
Once a great trader on the basar of Kodash his guild was driven out by Palawa Jokos brutal tyranny (all trading routes with Tyria, Cantha and more were cut) and moved alongside his guild mates in the direction of the continent Tyria to establish his guild in Lion’s Arch.
During the route through the crystal desert all other member fall victim to Zhaitans and Palawa Jokos armies (to shorten it a bit, one of his comrades betrayed him and told palawa joko about it).
He hid himself with mesmer magic and moved on desperatley but with a clear mind.
Then – one night – he discovered a hidden passage, deep buried in the sands and got contact to some people called “The Order of Whispers”.
Since that day he joined that order because their knowledge might be useful in the future to bypass obstacles like bandits.
Many things happened then (to shorten it here a bit^^) and he finally arrived in Lions Arch.
He was shocked about what happened here and now wants to rebuild his guild – as Lions Arch tries to rebuild itself!
To do so he has to forge a smart plan out.

Well i think you need more than just a backstory – personality:
- clever (a talented and natural genius)
- he would constantly predict all of the possible scenarios that could happen, and plan a solution in advance, even in the most impromptu situations (even during the long travel, but i had to shorten it here)
- loyal to people he likes (he protects his comrades)
- he loves and uses black humor
- he is kind to strangers (they might be customers in the future!)
- he likes instruments and owns a harp

Hope to hear from you in the future!

(edited by Nathanael.4398)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Gonna throw my Engi into the poll as well.
I never played Gw1, and are not really lore-savy, so I just give you his general character-description.

Name: Toxotronic
Race: Human
Class: Engineer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Nobody knows his real name, so they just call him Toxo. That’s one of the first Names Pact-recruits will hear on their arrival in the Silver-wastes, along with a warning to stay as far away from him as possible.
The Pact has no idea why this maniac decided to roam the Mordrem-infested lands of the Maguuma wastes, but ever since the Pact arrived, their scouts reported a crazy, old Engineer that would lay bombs and mines to blow whole canyons up, as soon as Mordrem vines would breach the Ground.
Most of the time he would at least shout angrily on people, who were about to enter his makeshift minefields, but more than often enough whole dolyak caravans fell prey to his explosive traps.
The Pact decided to ignore him after a couple of failed attempts to catch him, which resulted in a platoon of pact-soldiers being trapped in a blackpowder-induced cave-in for 2 days, the loss of not less than 3 pact air-ships, and Trahearne’s favorite mug to a well placed warning-shot from Toxo’s rifle.
Since these rather unpleasant encounters, Toxo actually gathered some positive fame for saving a Pact-outpost from a Mordrem Breach. He ran up to it, throwing grenades right into it, while keeping the hordes of Mordrem, that would crawl out of it, with his trusty Flamethrower in check. Right in the moment when the breach opened again to spill big, thorny vines, Toxo blew up a load, attached to a cliff above this maw to crush and bury it alive again.
When the Soldiers came down from the outposts walls to thank him, he just shrugged them off and left with the words “Not gonna let my nice lawn getting ruined by Mords’ pesky moles”. Since that day, they call him the “Mad Gardener”.

Attachments:

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Xcostt.9815

Xcostt.9815

This is a really cool project you’re doing

Name: Zyx Bloodheart
Class: Thief
Favorite Location: Lornar’s Pass

An assassin for the Order of Whispers, Zyx is not know for enjoying the company of others but rather preferring the company of animals and the shadow’s embrace. A textbook introvert, Zyx will say very little to those he is not familiar with, but will open up immensely to those he trusts.

As a young child he was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome and as such Zyx’s world is very black and white. Due to such a black and white view of the world he has difficulty generalizing the world around him. If a task or concept does not fit into his understanding of how the world should work, he can become very confused and even overwhelmed in some instances. When around friends and loved ones he is very carefree and fun loving, cracking jokes and laughing the whole time. But when it comes to “work” he is a totally different person. His fun loving personality becomes cold and relentless. With his undying devotion to his Order and a follower of Grenth, he will seek out his assigned target to the ends of Tyria and back, taking out whoever gets in his way, though he does try to avoid needless bloodshed.

In all of Tyria, he enjoys Lornar’s Pass for the beautiful scenery and peaceful quiet. It is here that he comes to relax and recollect himself when life becomes overwhelming.

http://i.imgur.com/EeklOBV.jpg

(edited by Xcostt.9815)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Hikaru.6304

Hikaru.6304

First off let me say good job on your works so far for GW2. I think right now I like “In His Heart of Frost” and “A Dark Heart is Still a Heart, Right?” the best so far. But I look forward to seeing what you’ll come up with next so on that note I’m going throw my Necro into the running as well.

Name: Chronomancer Kalith
Race: Sylvari
Class: Necromancer

Backstory:
Born long before the Pale Tree was ever taken from the cave by Ronan as but a young seed and Ventari carved his lessons into the tablet that would later serve to guide the Sylvari, even before Asura went underground or the Humans and Charr ever knew of each others presence. In a time when even the dragons where new to the world of Tyria, a time lost to all else Kalith already roamed the world.

Almost as old as the world itself Kalith sprouted from a single fist sized seed much the same as the Pale Tree. However where the Pale Tree grew into a massive tree that has since given birth to many young Sylvari this seed gave birth to only one. New to a world that was unbound by the laws of any race Kalith has roamed the world over traveling from one corner of the world to another with one single purpose. To record all that has been, and all that is yet to come.

Every 100 years Kalith returns to the place of his birth and lays down roots deep in the ground where he slumbers for 100 years before he once again awakens to take up his single purpose once more. Every time he awakens to learn what has happened Kalith uses his great necromantic powers to commune with those in the mists that have lived during his 100 year slumber.

This time however Kalith has been woken after only 23 years of slumber by the presence of the dragons in order to record what will surely turn out to be a major tipping point in course of the world.

PS. sorry if my storytelling isn’t that great, I’m trying to write this half asleep xD

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I love this idea, and you compose wonderful music. I’d be honored if you would make a song for me. I would have my minions play the song in my castle all day, while I go over my plans for world domination, and a giant catapult that fires mesmers.

Name: Mad Queen Malafide
Race: Human/Eya

The Mad Queen is wife to Mad King Thorn, and a visitor from a distant world. Their marriage was not one out of love, but out of mutual interest. The Mad Queen sought Thorn’s influence in the Underworld, while the Mad King was interested in the Mad Queen’s knowledge of inter dimensional travel (perhaps he hoped he could learn of a way to escape his prison). Malafide has to deal with Thorns attempts to kill her on a daily basis, but she has gotten used to it by now.

Mad Queen Malafide was cursed with eternal life, during a cataclysm that killed her people, the Eya. Her world was plunged into 30 years of darkness, where she spent her days alone and afraid, nurturing her anger to survive. She transformed all her fears into fury, which drove her kind of mad. While she often speaks lightly of the cataclysm that transformed her forever, it is clear that it is but a shell, and that beneath it lies a broken person. While she looks human, she is actually of a different race called the Eya, who are now all extinct, except for her. To the ordinary observer though, she looks as human as anyone else.

The Mad Queen always addresses everyone as “dear” or “darling”, and has a severe hatred for mesmers. Her hatred is not limited to only mesmers though, because it also extends to Charr, Asura, Mesmers, children, Sylvari, Quaggans and Mesmers. There is also a strong rumor that the Mad Queen wears a wig underneath her headpiece. Despite this stubborn rumor, the Queen is known for her vanity and massive ego. The Mad Queen is also a member of a secretive society of necromancers called The Dark Gathering. She has many deranged followers all over Tyria (especially Aurora Glade) who are every bit as crazy as she is.

Malafide left Tyria 250 years ago, after the defeat of the Great Destroyer, but now she has returned in wake of the rise of the dragons. It is unclear what her exact intentions are, but she does not seem to be on the side of the dragons. Two years ago she traveled into Lornars Pass, where she awoke the spirit of Daniel Frozenwind (the Snowman King) from his eternal slumber, as a weapon against Jormag.

The Mad Queen hosts a Halloween event called the Horrorween, and a Wintersday event called Winter Blunderland.

Attachments:

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Community Creations

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

Hi DusK,
I saw your themes on tumblr and i love your work. Though im not even english, i will give it a shot, because its the dream of everybody whose practising RP to have a theme for his Charackter.

Name: Midi (OoC Midi Lileyl)
Class: Necro
Profession IC: Heilerin / Gelehrte der Abtei Durmand
favorite Weapon: Dagger
Cycle: Dusk (in spring, so she is the summer-typ sylvari)

What you might know about her IC/background:
Midi awoke with the urge to help others as she saw them suffer by injuries or diseases.
She was fascinated by plants with medicinal properties and tried to figure out the most by herself, because she had no mentor.
Midi met some members of the Durmand Priory in her very early lifetime – just a few weeks after her awakening- and accidentally moreover. She learned alot about the things she need to know for her job and joined the order after a short period.
She is used to carry an old, worn book and an ancient looking Dagger as she returned back to Caledon Forest later. Midi then became known (to the public) as Mender of Astorea.
At one of her research trips in Kryta, to learn about human race’s ways to heal, she fall in love with a man, who seemed to get into difficulties very often. Well, at least he was the best example to improve her healing-skills on humans (besides the part with love etc..)
She was gifted with healing, but as untalented as somebody could be with necromancing. Maybe thats because she has never been very interested in anything else than using the necromancing blood-magic for healing wounds (besides using herbs and healing-plants). And if that was not bad enough, she came in contact with some Nightmare Courtier, because of her reputation. After that, she had some training-lessons for handling her dagger atleast, tho she was untalented with wepaons …anyway.
“I’m not here to hurt anybody, because there is already enough pain in the world. I just want to alleviate its suffering.” So she said and gave up the Training in the end, but kept her Dagger atleast for defending herself.
The loss of her love hit her unprepared. She kept on healing others, but the hole at heart is still not healed.
Nowadays Midi travels to Durmand Priory to pursue her obligations now and then.

Her personality:
- kindhearted
- endearing
- sensitive and caring
- intelligent – she learns fast and you rarely need to explain things twice to her
- patient
- smart, reputable and tidy
- loyal to her friends
- sometimes a honest fighting-spirit
- discreet as her mender-duty demanded it, tho she isn’t a cylce of night-sylvari
- to much perfectionism
- arachnophobia
- sometimes daydreaming

Attachments:

(edited by MidnightX.6294)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Rimetin.3405

Rimetin.3405

Ooh, a very cool idea! Amazing music, too. I had a hard time deciding between two characters – might even post the other one here later too, in case she iterests you more – but here.

Name: Maelonn
Race: sylvari
Class: engineer
Story: Maelonn is an eternal optimist. Nothing can bring him down, and he will personally straighten you up if you ever dare lose hope. He’s a typical Noon Bloom, always rushing ahead and preferring actions to words. He’s not one to sit still for very long when there’s so much to do, and can be very impatient if events take too long to unfold. Despite this reckless behavior, he’s very caring, gentle, keeping each of Ventari’s teachings close to heart and defending anyone who needs it. He makes friends rather easily, although he has some trouble getting people to take him seriously because of his appearance – particularly non-sylvari. Even to his kin, at least the older ones, he’s often just this cheery brother figure who’s fun to be around.

He used to be very naive, trusting everyone to be good and rushing off without thinking about consequences first. Meeting Gavin showed him the world isn’t always sunshine and rainbows, making him more considerate of his actions and considerably calming him down. It was also first of the many things to confuse him with its grayness – the Nightmare Court is evil, but Gavin kept calling him friend, just as Ventari was a centaur, but travelling to Kryta forced him to defend against and kill many other centaurs. It’s all so very not black and white, and Mae still doesn’t really understand why the world works as it does – which is why he busies himself with the battle against the dragons, as it is clear and easy to understand. He tends to take every failure personally, even though people repeatedly tell him there was nothing he could have done. This often leads him to try harder and be better, even at the cost of his own health.

Mae was eventually drawn to the Durmand Priory in hopes of gaining understanding of the world in ways he couldn’t achieve on his own. His cheery demeanor and thirst for knowledge immediately earned him friends and respect in the ranks of the order. Joining the Priory also took him to the Shiverpeaks, which fascinated him to no end – for a little sylvari who’s only vaguely glimpsed snow, the experience was overwhelming. (He actually tried to bring snow back to the Grove to show to little saplings, though obviously that plan majorly backfired.) He still frequently freezes his ears and foliage because he’s an idiot who forgets to wear hats, but that doesn’t stop him from hopping up and down the Shiverpeaks in search of lost things and people to be helped.

After the fall of Zhaitan (a battle he took part in as a Priory Explorer, subsequently promoted to Magister) Mae continued working as a Priory-based Pact operative, earning a promotion to Commander for his efforts against the Molten Alliance. Since then he actively assisted in the ongoing battle against Scarlet Briar and her minions, both in the field and with relief efforts. Taking the fall of Lion’s Arch personally, as he takes many failures, Mae was among the first to rush in to evacuate the city. In his haste to help, he came down with a fairly bad case of miasma poisoning, which he survived – but also suffered permanent damage to his respiratory system.

Over time, he’s become this sort of a mentor character both to the saplings back at the Grove, as well as the younger researchers at the Priory. He’s an adventurer at heart, but if you asked him, he would say that the best part about being away is being able to return back home and see all his friends and the familiar, safe gardens. He’s made a habit of telling stories to saplings, detailing all his adventures and bringing souvenirs from wherever he’s been if possible. He also makes frequent visits to the Noon gardens to spend time with the White Stag he helped rescue. He finds life in the Grove stable, something he can always return to even after all the terrible things that have happened.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sarada.9841

Sarada.9841

Your work is amazing! I know there’s many necromancer characters already, but this is my only character with a proper backstory. (Forgive me, English is not my mother language.)

Name: Mirielyn
Cycle: Dusk

Background: Miri awoke with an urge to explore the world. She loved the stories of adventures by non-sylvari who visited the Grove and the images of Tyria she had dreamed of in her Dream, and wanted to see them with her own eyes.
She joined the Durmand Priory after talking with its representatives in the Grove. Eventually she became an Explorer and loved traveling the world and meeting new people, not taking a part in the battle against Zhaitan.
Miri was in the main headquarters when Scarlet attacked Lion’s Arch, and helped to save its citizens. Afterwards she volunteered to help the city and it’s survivors to rebuild their city. She’s still there as long as the help is needed.

Personality: As a young sapling Miri was adventurous and curious, like any other newborn. She enjoyed teasing and flirting with anyone she came across, often confusing them. Despite her playful nature, she’s always been calm and shown her excitement or amusement with a soft giggle or a knowing smile.
Though Miri seems very open, she doesn’t tell much about herself or what she thinks. She gets to know people well and enjoys to have conversations with them, but she doesn’t have many close friends due to never giving much of herself in return – unless you’re very close and dear to her.
The recent events with Lion’s Arch matured Miri and brought up a more serious side of her, caring and thinking about others before herself.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: LadyFearghus.3406

LadyFearghus.3406

Wow, that’s quite beautiful. I’d love to have a theme for my main. I’ve written a lot of roleplay/story for her, so I’ll just stick to a quick version of her origin. I have a bit of a cliche origin story, but perhaps you’ll be interested.. Worth a try.

Kyera Fearghus
Human Female
(Water) Elementalist

Kyera is of noble birth, but still very young with a taste for adventure. Bored of the noble life she ran from home stealing the family’s most prized heirloom: Their elemental staff that once belonged to the most prominent Fearghus (Disowned in life, though celebrated with pride after sacrificing her life to save the family that once exiled her [my character in GW1] Zaila Fearghus). She took the staff hoping to follow Zaila’s adventures with elemental powers.
Shortly after running from home she met with a small band of adventurers heading for Lion’s Arch. On the way, they were attacked by bandits. While attempting to summon some sort of elemental power that she did not know, the old staff was hit and splintered. With nothing to defend herself with, she grabbed a small curved dagger from a nearby body.
She found that while wielding the dagger and with the right movements, she could control the waters around her.
She has since been traveling with a small group of allies (Two asurans and a skritt currently) around Tyria learning what she can wherever she can. Often finding themselves in troubles and adventures where she must use what she learned.
Kyera is primarily a water elementalist. She has since learned some of the other elements, but none come as naturally to her as water. While she has gone roguish and followed her taste for adventure, she never let go of her noble ties completely.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

DusK.3849

Sorry it took so long! I’ll be trying to really hammer some of these out. A lot of really cool ideas flooded in right when I got busy with some other projects, and there are many more posted characters I want to do themes for. But for now…

http://youtu.be/QHc76i2_bMA

This is the theme for Kyera Fearghus.

I tried to break from my Japanese composer-inspired M.O. and create something a little more atmospheric, something more Western. Thematically, I tried to capture a sort of “calm oceanic” feel throughout piece, but especially at the beginning, to signify the character’s connection with water. The second half of the piece brings in the sweeping orchestral strings, with the melody echoed in a violin ensemble and a flute section aimed at capturing both Kyera’s adventurous spirit and her human noble lineage.

in Community Creations

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Do you still take on new ideas as well? I’d love to post one of my characters here and see if any ideas pop into your mind!

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

in Community Creations

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

I’d absolutely love to get in on this! I’ve noticed that you haven’t done any rangers yet, and I’m really curious to see how you’d approach something like that, so here’s my character’s bio, if you’re interested! ^^

Name: Shantesu Oaksdottir
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good.

Story: Until the age of 6, Shantesu lived her life as an orphan on the streets of Divinity’s Reach. After an organised centaur attack left the city’s streets a warzone, the orphan girl was forced to take a malfunctioning Asura Gate in order to escape the bloodbath, which carried her into the depths of the Caldeon Forest, although left her badly hurt. There, a Sylvari by the name of Dernan found her, and carried her into the sanctuary of The Grove.

Dernan watched over Shantesu as she recovered, and introduced her to his family – or rather, his pets. In the weeks she spent recovering, Shantesu grew attached to one of the many animals Dernan had tamed, a Fern Hound puppy that went by the name of Fran. As Shantesu grew stronger, Dernan, convinced by her increasingly apparent love of animals, showed the girl how to tame, train, and raise animals. Months, and then years passed, and Shantesu grew into a formidable beastmaster, the Fern Hound pup who watched over her as she recovered growing into her cherished companion. The pair even accompanied Dernan on scouting missions, and their names became well-known around The Grove – Shantesu, the human with the heart of a Sylvari.

Shortly after Shantesu’s 15th birthday, Dernan was assigned a mission to investigate reports of corruption and decay in Wynchmere Swamp. Despite her pleas, Dernan refused to allow Shantesu to join him, and instead, left with one of his most dependable animals, a Jungle Stalker by the name of Lyra. Weeks passed, and no messages or reports were recieved from Dernan. Other scouting parties left and returned, but brought no news of the ranger.

It was almost a month after Dernan left that Lyra returned to The Grove, putrid claw marks and stale blood coating her fur. There was no sign of Dernan, and although no words were exchanged, it was apparent to everyone present that he would not be coming back. Mourning the loss of the closest thing she had ever had to a father, Shantesu returned to Dernan’s home, now hers, and nursed Lyra’s wounds the same way he had done to her almost a decade before.

In the years that passed, Shantesu’s life went by uneventfully. She continued her scouting missions as a junior Warden, and honed the skills passed down to her from her ‘father’. At one point however, she recieved an unusual request. She was to infiltrate a nearby Nightmare Court facility, slay their beastmasters, and put down the Nightmare Hounds found within. The strangest thing was, however, that the one who gave her the commands was not one of the senior wardens – according to them, the orders came directly from the Pale Tree herself. Despite her deep love for animals, Shantesu feared the implications of disobeying a direct order from the closest thing the Sylvari had to a God, and accepted her duty with a heavy heart.

Her feelings changed, however when she entered the Nightmare Court’s camp. The beastmasters were as cruel and abhorrent as always, but there were no Nightmare Hounds – only pups. Unable to allow her duties to rule over her heart, Shantesu returned to the Grove, the litter of dogs in her arms. The city’s denizens were shocked by her actions at first, but the pups were young, and showed little sign of aggression. Unsurprisingly, Shantesu was soon summoned by the Pale Tree, and left the pups under the strict care of her own Fern Hound while she went to recieve her inevitable punishment.

Within the Omphalos Chamber, the flickering avatar of the Pale Tree appeared to Shantesu, and explained that her seemingly heartless mission had actually been a test for her. By respecting her own values and concern for life over the military orders of superiors, Shantesu had demonstrated one of the most important teachings of Ventari – All things have a right to grow. The blossom is brother to the weed. As a reward for Shantesu’s unwavering dedication to the truest values of the Sylvari, the Pale Tree christened her as one of her children, and, as is customary with Sylvari, presented her with her own Wyld Hunt – to end the suffering of those tainted by Zhaitan’s evil, and cleanse Orr through direct, merciful intervention. She also explained the Dernan’s death was as a result of Zhaitan’s corruption, and hoped that Shantesu’s Wyld Hunt would correlate with her own values. With the Pale Tree’s blessing, Shantesu accepted her Wyld Hunt, and left The Grove the same day, with Fran and Lyra by her side, to avenge her father’s death and fulfill her purpose.

Attachments:

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

in Community Creations

DusK.3849

Do you still take on new ideas as well? I’d love to post one of my characters here and see if any ideas pop into your mind!

Yes I do.

in Community Creations

Posted by: LadyFearghus.3406

LadyFearghus.3406

Sorry it took so long! I’ll be trying to really hammer some of these out. A lot of really cool ideas flooded in right when I got busy with some other projects, and there are many more posted characters I want to do themes for. But for now…

http://youtu.be/QHc76i2_bMA

This is the theme for Kyera Fearghus.

I tried to break from my Japanese composer-inspired M.O. and create something a little more atmospheric, something more Western. Thematically, I tried to capture a sort of “calm oceanic” feel throughout piece, but especially at the beginning, to signify the character’s connection with water. The second half of the piece brings in the sweeping orchestral strings, with the melody echoed in a violin ensemble and a flute section aimed at capturing both Kyera’s adventurous spirit and her human noble lineage.

Wow, I didn’t expect you to choose Kyera first! [on here at least]
This is another beautiful piece. Peaceful, I like it. I definitely get an adventurous/exploration feeling from it. And the slower calm element works for both her attunement to water and to show her gentle noble side as well. Nicely done.

Thank you for choosing Kyera! You did a great job.
[Also, thanks for pm’ing me, I might not have seen/heard it for a while yet]
I’ve subscribed to your youtube channel so I don’t miss any more! Not sure why I didn’t think to do that in the first place!

Can’t stop listening to it!
I kind of almost get a Star Trek vibe from it (though this may just be because I watch a lot of Star Trek), but it totally works!
Gotta find a way to get it to my ipod.

in Community Creations

DusK.3849

Gotta find a way to get it to my ipod.

You’ll actually have a way pretty soon.

Edit: Recently finished a theme for my own main character if anyone’s interested and would like to hear more examples of my work.

(edited by DusK.3849)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Captain Kace.1432

Captain Kace.1432

Hey DusK I already sent this to you in an email, but thought it could use some revisions so I decided that since I found I was able to comment on this thread I’ll post it here. Thanks for what you do. Keep up the great work.

Name: Kace
Current Occupation: Treasure Hunter
Profession: Engineer

Kace is practically new to his travels in Tyria. But his lust for adventure and thrill of the chase never leaves him despite whatever comes his way. His obsession for exploration has always been a driving force in his life even from a young age. Taking his map, compass, and satchel, he’s determined to make a name and establish himself as one of the greatest treasure hunters Tyria has ever seen.

Attachments:

Captain Kace

(edited by Captain Kace.1432)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

Hay dusk. Just checked out your youtube Chanel. Nice work ^_^

Figured I’d put my character here too. I love random chosen winners of pieces of customized art….but the rng gods hate me Q____Q
Lol anyway

Name : “chaos of twillight”. (As in chaos of the cycle of twilight)
Race : sylvari
Profession : Mesmer

Chaos is primarily a traveler. He has traveled all across Tyria and back.
His personality is mosty cool and logical. His amulet known as a circle of logic which he received as a reward from the azura professors at the colleges of rata sum proves this along with his genius.

Being as powerful of a phantasmal mage and dimension alchemist as he was, and Having traveled all across Tyria and gaining influence in every corner. it was not surprising that eventually the three orders would attempt to recruit him.
The vigil although strong were very illogical and had very little to offer him aside from battle strength. Which he had already. The order of whispers although more intelligent did not have much else to offer him which he could not get already except orders of which chaos found quite uninteresting.

Joining the priory not for anything else but access to their secret archives and information chaos advanced quickly and easily to the rank of magister in but 3 days. The fastest advancement in priory history. Using his newfound information and some long earned influence around Tyria chaos begins his quest for pieces of twilight. A blade fitting of his namesake and goes searching for the blade lost for ages. Many challenges he faces, the claw of jormag which after defeating with the help of other legendary heroes gains the jormag’s breath. A ice dragon sword rivaling even the great sword sohothin , the journey in to the fractals of the mist were after much long journies rewards him with the fractal capacitor and Accended armor, finally the last challenge “liadri the concealing darkness comes forth”
The fight is legendary as chaos has to use every ounce of his temporal phantasm and mental magic just to remain on the same level with her. But Finally with the sharpness of his wit he is able to defeat her. Stabbing her with the unfinished blade and capturing her dark soul within. Imbuing it with its dark glow and power.

So whenever you see a small dark enveloped figure in the dark radiance of my sword or following close behind me just know…..it’s probably your imagination

Items I’ve collected

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distinguished_Circle_of_Logic
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jormag%27s_Breath
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Capacitor_%28Infused%29
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Anomaly (temporal and phantasmal mastery )
And finally http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twilight
With http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Liadri_the_Concealing_Dark

The black mask was kinda a tip of the “mask” to hei from darker than black….loved his theme ^_^

Pic :
(No photoshop used). Broke out Of the grove. Got to the spot used the harp to trigger the animation then switched to gs to spawn the lighting and snapped my pic ^__^

Took a few tries….

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Obsidious.3142

Obsidious.3142

Huzzah! Lemme lend a character here and see what crosses your mind (I’m tempted to also add a second. You can always choose between the two if you feel inspired).

Name: Tarsin Blastdraft
Race: Charr
Class: Engineer

Backstory: Since growing up in the Farhar alongside his fellow cubs, Tarsin has demonstrated the classic 3 signs of being an engineer: Tinkering, deadly machines, and explosives. The last one in particular is where he got his warband namesake, having it earned with his enthusiastic flare for high-yield explosives, yet meticulous but spectacular high yield explosives. Despite his background, Tarsin is a rough and tumble charr that laughs at life, always ready to have a good romp, and often willing to get close and personal with his enemies. And bombs.

While he’s suffered some hard ships and warband losses during his first patrols through Ashford, he continues to push on in life like any soldier in the rough. At heart, though, he’s an explorer, and he eventually joined the priory; both to expand his world view knowledge and his technical mastery. Overtime, Tarsin learned to appreciate working alongside others of different backgrounds and races, and found himself shifting his expertise. He’s still a deep applicant of explosives and the raw force he brings out in them, but mixed alongside it is an alchemical ego.

In any fight he goes in with others, be it against centaurs or dragon minions, he’s always ready to be an explosive boon to compatriots . Not just because he’s up and around to have fun and get his fur singed, but because he’s willing to put up some panache and flair for the lives around him.

And the opportunity to laugh at them as he pulls them out of the fire.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: WaterHunter.8973

WaterHunter.8973

Name: Deaththiefx
Profession: Thief
Stealth
Acrobatics
Dislikes: Magic
Turrets
Shattering
Deaththiefx was a poor orphan, living in the cold city of Divinity’s Reach and seeking adventure and riches! He finally got his chance at glory when assisting in the battle against the Greater Earth Elemental and was given the title “Hero of Shaemoor” by many citizens, including Thackeray himself. Deaththiefx decided to start training in many different ways, helping out travelers all over Tyria, taking part in dungeons and more. He finally proved himself when the Elder Dragon, Zhaitan, decided to attack! After a long, emotional battle, Zhaitan was finally defeated by The Pact and finally gave Deaththiefx to rest. Well, at least until Mordremoth awoken…

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: RodrigoEu.6701

RodrigoEu.6701

Can i still try to apply for a theme?
:)

in Community Creations

DusK.3849

Just a heads up: I’ve been busy, but I’m still doing themes. I’ve already locked down the next two characters, but expect a sizable number of new compositions to go up soon.

Keep posting your toons if you want a shot!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ramus.2705

Ramus.2705

Hey DusK,

Attached is an image of Erizzi, my Inquest Agent.

As a character she is assigned to research dragon magics and how they can be turned in favor of the Inquest (Much like Kudu before his death in CoE)

From a personality standpoint she actually has two sides:
-When under cover, she’s very sweet and kind. Erizzi goes out of her way to make as many people happy as she can. This is simply a mask however.

-Her true self, the side shown when she’s wearing her Inquest colors, is cold calculating, and racist. She believes heavily in the idea of Asura supremacy and is a zealot for these thoughts. When dealing with her fellow Inquest in this form, she tends to be generally kind, if a bit snarky and sarcastic. To non-Asura in this form, she is rude and agressive; with a lot of these confrontations normally ending in violence.

Her class is an Engineer, and in-character she is one as well. I tried to go with a magical-steampunk aesthetic for her looks and in-character equipment.

Love your work, and eagerly am awaiting your next piece. I use “Something in the Water” every time I’m running Teq now.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: cuchallain.9632

cuchallain.9632

My character Cuchallain.
He’s a thief who strangely enough chose to join the vigil rather than the order of whispers. You may be wondering why, well it’s simple. Unlike other thieves who use subterfuge and cloaking to fight from the shadows, Cuchallain has trained to use the vampiric elements of his class to their full advantage. He’s at his happiest when surrounded by enemies and making them all look like fools, bouncing arrows between them as he dodges their attacks. He takes special pleasure in taking down large groups of enemies then finishing the final few with slow and painful slashes of his daggers.
Truly roguish and a thief for sure, but he always makes sure to look after his allies on the battlefield, mainly so they can sing his praises later in the tavern. Of course that’s when he isn’t busy singing his own praises to any women who would lend him an ear. He is truly in the business of slaying monsters and finding riches, yet he doesn’t need the gold he finds, nor the experience from monsters he’s slain. Cuchallain is simply all about the glory that can only be found by scrawling his name on the passages of history by his own hand.

Attachments:

“This isn’t going to end well”
-Every gamer that saw Trehearne after the main storyline.
https://twitter.com/cuchallain

in Community Creations

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Hey DusK

I contacted you a rather long time ago with the request to do a theme about my guild but I got rather busy and completely forgot to post it here, so here I am!

The guild is called “Guardians of the Silver Dragons [GSD]”.

“Within the Dream of Dreams everything is different; Brighter and perhaps slightly more beautiful, like old memories. The Dreamers, who awaited a call or a need to wake up, spent their days enjoying the world through the knowledge given to them by the Dream. Ellony Ella was one of them and she enjoyed the dream, much like a mesmer enjoys life with the illusions and the deceptions he creates.
Once upon a dream, Ellony dreamed of a dragon and to her it seemed as though the dragon would’ve been made out of silver. It was a beautiful experience that would affect everything she’d do after her awakening. Ellony saw how this dragon protected and helped smaller creatures around it and seeing it made Ellony happy and confident. In a way, she felt safe, like no evil could ever touch nor harm her. But then tragic things came to pass, shifting Ellony’s dreaming mind to a state of concern and fear but also awakening courage within it. This dragon, who is known to us outside the Dream as Glint, was killed by another dragon and its minions, alongside an odd tiny creature with big eyes and ears. And so, the dragon was gone and didn’t enlighten the rest of Ellony’s Dream.
It wasn’t long before she awakened and the world she was faced with was curiously dark and silent. She looked around and waited, thinking about what she should do and remembered the dragon that had died. And at that very moment she swore to protect the world with the things she’d learned from the dragon and to fight in its name.
Ever so slowly she gathered her troops, but she was not quick enough, for corruption had already crept into the hearts of some she recruited. It took root and grew there and now, Ellony has been forced to excommunicate some of her fellow soldiers due to it. But excommunications left the order weakened and in need of new recruits to join them in their quest. Guardians of the Silver Dragons have sent out their call – Will you answer it?
"

Attachments:

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

(edited by hoewhoew.4619)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

Hey! I’ve had this character since the game launched and so his full backstory would be too long to post, but I will give you enough that you should be able to get a reliable feel for who he is if you decide to make a theme for him.

Name: Sorann Peace
Profession: Ranger
Alias: Falcon

Date of Birth: 21 Season of the Zephyr, 1302 AE
Place of Birth: Divinity’s Reach

Personality: A cunning ranger and a veteran of many battles, this young man has lost many who were dear to him. As a result, though he retains his desire to fight for good in the world, he sees the world much differently from the way he did originally. Less naive and equipped with a more serious demeanor, he isn’t somebody you want to mess with.

Backstory: Sorann was born to two members of the Shining Blade who had fallen in love years prior. When his two siblings were kidnapped, he was too young for his parents to take with them, so they left him behind at an orphanage in the hopes that they would return once his siblings were rescued. Alas, they never did, and after an incident that happened at the orphanage, he was forced to grow up poor and on the streets.

One day, while in a tavern, he heard noises coming from behind one of the closed doors. Not knowing that there was an interrogation by two whispers agents going on, he opened the door and accidently let the criminal loose. After helping make amends for his actions by subduing the escapee, he was offered the chance to join for himself.

It wasn’t long before the events at Claw Island led to the Order of Whispers allying with the Durmand Priory and the Vigil, and Sorann was one of the first to volunteer for going to Orr. At the time, he was but a mere agent, and he was known to others in the Order as “Falcon” for his ability to “swoop down” or appear out of nowhere and take foes by surprise.

He endured the tragedy of being the sole survivor of a sinking ship during the Pact’s first days of the invasion, thus breaking a promise he made to somebody back in Fort Trinity that he wouldn’t let their wife die. Needless to say, the man he had given the promise to was furious, and would’ve possibly killed Sorann had he not been stopped by a fellow agent.

Since then, he has discovered the true identity of his parents, watched his own brother die in his arms, experienced the terror that was the destruction of Lion’s Arch, mourned the death of his girlfriend at the hands of a Mordrem teragriff, and much more.

In any case, his backstory is one rife with turmoil and mourning, as well as victories and hope. He’s a character that, despite all he has gone through, refuses to give up on himself or others. He is determined to keep going where others would not, even while his past continues to haunt him.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

First off,let me tell you that I love this,and I have major respect for you and your work. I’m a pretty newb to music theory and I only play on guitar so I can’t imagine how it must be to compose symphonies haha :P All those clockwork gears needing attention!

Secondly,again,you’ve got some nice compositions going on there,a couple of videos you convinced me too,made me feel that story you were trying to bring to life Also,however you make it sound,I can’t help but feel your symphonies got a somewhat of an old rpg/zelda’ish feel to them. Any influences going on there?
Last,I’d love too post my norn necromancer on here and maybe convince you too make her a tune but alas,I have no backstory too her,no personality…I’ve never RP’ed..but maybe I’ll try,would be cool to see what you would’ve come up with.

Keep it up,there’s people out there listening to your work!

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

Are you still doing this?
I’d have a nice charr lady, I’d like to have a theme for.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Liberazhul.4235

Liberazhul.4235

First off I love the idea of creating themes for characters, and the music is brilliant. It really brings our beloved toon’s stories to life, it puts us in their fantastical world. One of my favorites of yours is “Something in the Water”, the Tequatl fight one.
Next, if you’re still doing this, I do have a character with a bit of story.
Name: Cresenti Swiftstorm
Profession: Thief
Legion: Ash

I have a whole lot of story for my lil Cresenti, and I tend to be pretty long-winded so I’ll try to keep this a bit shorter

Cresenti is a fierce charr, who loves the feeling of victory and knows just what to say to inspire allies to tag along. The bigger foe she has the chance to take down, the better, as she always thought, even if she needed a team. But how did she come to be this way? As a cub, she was very shy, a runt of the litter if you will. Many of the other charr liked to pick on her, so she often spent her time alone, venturing around Ascalon. As she grew older, she learned more on her adventures outside the Black Citadel. She learned of the ghostly Ascalonian soliders haunting their grounds, legendary beasts, and even dragons older than time itself. Perhaps if she took down one of those beasts, she would finally gain the respect she longed for from her peers. She started big; she believe one could not improve by fighting what is already possible, only by making the impossible possible. However, this reckless behavior soon became dangerous, her small figure was easily pushed around and hurt. She found secrets in the art of stealth and agility, using the element of surprise to her advantage with her daggers, flexibility, and naturally quiet presence that would help her in her quest for domination. While a fragile opponent, she was not weak. She never let her appearance and structure define her, only her determination to keep going to outmatch opponents in areas that she lacked in. Now a brilliant fighter, the response to her return to the Black Citadel was definetly unexpected. The others, who had for soo long taunted her, were impressed at her improvement. In this she had realized something: the others were treating her younger self and current self as two-a weak version and a strong version. Something switched for Cresenti then, and strong was not what they had thought, being power, or what she had thought, tecnique. She had not truly become strong until that moment-strong in the real way. She didn’t need other’s approval, she didn’t need to be powerful. She had to know what was right, and she had found her own special inner strength. And that day forward she would continue as she had done, but in this new light. She would inspire others until the end of her time to be strong in the real way, to find their own inner strength and conquer themselves before anything else. Together, Cresenti and her allies rise up and fight bravely until the end, even slaying the legendary beasts that seemed so impossible so long ago.
A bit more on her personality:
- She can be very sarcastic, but mostly for humor
- She loves making people laugh
- Not incredibly serious, but she is fierce
- She sets a ton of time aside to goof off, but gets right down to business when the time comes
- She only is pretty friendly around her closest friends, to others she just poses more of a leader figure
- Ambitious and resourceful, efficiently gets anything done

Attachments:

in Community Creations

DusK.3849

Hey all! Bumping this thread.

First off, my apologies for the sudden absence. I had a big chunk of other projects to work on, and that coupled with a new full-time job halted things quite a bit.

However, I have created a new theme (using a significantly better instrument set, I might add), and plan on doing several more this week using characters currently in this thread. Keep an eye out, and as always, if you want a shot at one, post your character!

EDIT: New theme! This one was created for Tarsin Blastdraft.

https://youtu.be/fp0Srt5yMNE

Thematically, I wanted to capture the character’s affinity for explosives with a touch of alchemy. With that in mind, I decided to create a more bombastic theme, with a sort of eerie-sounding violin melody to represent alchemy.

(edited by DusK.3849)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Shinji.8320

Shinji.8320

Here we go…

Name: Muusaa
Asura Thief Daredevil
Surgeon for the Durmand Priory

-Branded by Kralkatorrik of both forearms from a branded devourer sting during an independent-study project for college.
-Made a pair of gauntlets with golem computers in them to suppress his corruption.
-Joined and escaped the Inquest
-A shy but tactically brilliant martial artist
-Tends to be very precise and dainty when fighting, but lazy and sloppy literally everywhere else
-Depressive sense of humor
-Constantly sleep-deprived
-Fantastic golem technician, builder, programmer, you name it.

Attachments:

#Revive14kThiefBackstabs
Phnglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu Rl’yeh wga’nagl fhtagn.

in Community Creations

Posted by: codemite.6928

codemite.6928

Name: Rezzah
Race: Asura
Profession: Necromancer/Reaper, speacialising in Blood Magic
Job: Tour Guide

This vampiric bunny looks at the bright side of death, enjoying the history of Tyria and sharing legends of the world with anyone willing to listen. Wherever she goes hearts pop up and pop open. It’s a constant contrast of cheesy jokes and bloodlust with her. Kites, chocolates, roses, hearts, books and scythes are her personal effects. She enjoys reading, exploring, jumping, jumping puzzles, SAB, carrots, sweets and spilling the blood of her enemies. ^3^

Images.

in Community Creations

DusK.3849

New theme! This one was created for Erizzi.

The character this theme is for is an Inquest agent in disguise, and that disguise takes the form of both outfit and action. In that way, I tried to create a piece that seemed both unassuming and serene, yet with an underlying sinister tone. I used a lightly-played higher piano and violins to portray a more “calming” side to the character, while also using a solo cello’s upper notes and harshly-played low piano and coupled the overall theme with accidentals that give the entire piece a slightly off-putting tone at parts. As a racial touch, I added pizzicato violins, which for some reason always remind me of the quirky nature of the asura.

in Community Creations

DusK.3849

New theme! This one was created for Rezzah. Special thanks to codemite for always hypin’ my stuff up over at Reddit.

https://youtu.be/ZT2IZgqcpzw

This track was tricky to write, so much so that I scrapped the first concept for it entirely. The character is a peppy, cheery, jokester necromancer that “looks at the bright side of death” and loves adventure. I set out to take all three of those character aspects and wrap them into a single composition.

The first half of any given loop is the sort of “jokester” side of things. A large ensemble pizzicato and a flute were used to portray a goofy-natured character. Things change up a little bit in the second section of the loop, when I create a more serious-toned chord progression with the strings and add a pipe organ to reflect her necromancer qualities. The french horns and the flute both signify her appetite for adventure in different ways.

(edited by DusK.3849)

in Community Creations

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

http://i.imgur.com/16bIK20.png – Hooded (commission image – use this one)

http://i.imgur.com/SluVVQX.jpg – Unhooded (screenshot)

Name: Vini
Class: Thief (prefers to go by “assassin”)/Daredevil
Favorite weapon: Double daggers
Favorite location: Rata Sum
Favorite type of combat: Deception/Trickery

This asura, although a thief, considers herself to be an assassin. Wielding dual daggers and a short bow, Vini takes pride in being able kill her target(s) quickly and then vanish, leaving little to no trace. Her favorite ways of assassinating involve shadowstepping, stealth, and backstabbing with her daggers. If she has to keep herself out of a danger’s way, however, she’ll pull out her short bow.

In society, Vini is notorious for seducing and sleeping with male asura. Her physical and mental attractiveness keeps males (although they try to resist) coming to her. However, this type of behavior is very detested in Rata Sum, and asura society in general. It often gets Vini into trouble, and has earned her the title of “man-eater.” And even after gaining the title of “savant” later on, she is still often called a man-eater. Because her behavior could be called “insane” and “eccentric,” asura society has also tagged her with a surname of “Yunio.” Thus, it is an insult for her enemies to call her “Vini Yunio.”

Vini has a terrible temper, however. There are many things that can cause this anger to flare. One of them, for example, is trying to harm her little brother named Pol. Pol is very dear to Vini, and her softer side emerges usually when she’s around him. She loves to hug and kiss him on the cheek (which Pol finds slightly embarrassing, but doesn’t refuse).

In terms of sexual intercourse, Vini has three rules: No incest (and those who suggest that she and Pol commits such a crime will suffer immense pain at her hands), no sleeping with any male who has a steady (read: girlfriend), no sleeping with any married male. These self-imposed rules cause Vini to subtly discover if her prey (though she never refers to the males as such) are either married or have a steady through gentle prying and questioning.

All-in-all, Vini has a good heart. She cares deeply about Rata Sum, and its people (despite the fact they dislike her), and will fight against anything she sees as harmful to it. Like the Inquest. Vini hates the Inquest with a passion and rarely shows mercy to any of them. She sees the Inquest as an extreme threat to the safety of Rata Sum and asura society, and therefore must be exterminated to maintain peace.

And that’s Vini in a nutshell.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Vini swears a lot, too.

Edit 2: Added some stuff for the beginning. You can title it how you want, but personally, “The Assassin of Rata Sum” would be what I want to title it.

(edited by AegisRunestone.8672)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Teaniel.9052

Teaniel.9052

Nice work! I think Alchemical Ego is my favorite so far.
I guess I’ll be the first sylvari post since Mordremoth…

Rosja dreamt of pain and death. In the dream she saw Rhiannoc fall and heard Snaff’s screams. She awoke, not with an inclination to the Nightmare Court, but a certainty that her Wyld Hunt was to die valiantly. Having seen death, and expecting death, she understands but does not fear it. She became a warrior and joined the Vigil. She is strong in battle, shouting across the chaos to encourage her allies, first in the charge, last in the retreat, and going to extraordinary lengths to rescue prisoners. But in peace she is quiet, a little surprised, perhaps, that she is still alive, solitary and slow to laugh. Among my alts she’s been a mentor of sorts, keeping close watch on her few friends and always ready with sound advice and a hot meal (she’s a cook).

But Mordremoth has shaken her. She could face a dark world with the Pale Tree at her back, but Mordremoth in her head? Watching allies die or turn to obey the dragon, the last hope she had to cling to was that maybe this was her race’s purpose in Tyria – to be the dragon minions that turned on their master, and die to weaken his hold on the world. She became reckless, wielding fire heedless of her own danger, hardly speaking, hardly sleeping. Now the dragon is dead, and she is not. Some of her closest friends are gone. She’s not ready to return to the grove – to speak with other sylvari. She’s afraid to admit how close she came to answering the call, and to describe the sylvari that did. And her Wyld Hunt? Did it ever mean anything? But she will stay with the Pact because they need her, even more now. She will do her duty, and complain to no one. She will volunteer for the dangerous missions. If someone is going to die, it might as well be her.

Attachments:

We’re going to devote our energies to sports, gardening, all the cultural pursuits;
in fact, we’re going to put the goons to sleep.
Meanwhile – we dig.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Cobalt Raven.3986

Cobalt Raven.3986

If this is still open, then I shall join in too.

Name: Enda the Ardent
Profession: Druid
Weapons: Longbow and Staff
Order: Vigil/Pact

Her dream was of freedom, a mission to explore and vanquish evil, the torch of hope and the warning that came with it- “do not make the same mistake I did.”

Enda is an enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry wanderer, awakened early enough in the Cycle of Dusk that she carries some traits from the Cycle of Noon. She loves adventure, and tries her best not to kill if she can help it. She is no stranger to pain, loss, betrayal and helplessness, but still tries to see the world with wide-eyed wonder. She loves meeting people, learning, and trying new things. She’s fairly straightforward in her approach to life, and prefers not to use complicated plans with lots of intrigue if she can help it. She does her best not to waste anything, especially the lives of those she has to guide. Loyalty and determination are her most prominent traits- she will stick with whoever she gives her allegiance to right to the bitter end, and will see through an objective, even if she hates what she has to do to get there. She’s spontaneous and a bit impulsive, and should friends/close people get in trouble, she’ll throw her life on the line for them.

Mordremoth did a number on her. Many of her close friends and loved ones were killed in that engagement. Some, she was too late to save. Some, she had to kill herself. And some, one of whom she loved, asked her to kill them before they became irreversibly corrupted. Her greatest regret was that there was not more time to find a way to neutralize the dragon’s magic. She herself had almost turned several times, being close to nature, and having the racial link. She had died briefly after being struck with an incredibly strong blast of ley energy, and then came back to find herself magically irradiated. She was lost for a while, but has since recovered. She will not abandon her will to live so long as she has not fulfilled her promise to the deceased to make the world safe again and the world has yet-undiscovered wonders to explore.

“Hope is not a guiding light. It is a blade, a desperate wish- and should it fail, its other edge, its shadow that is “despair” will turn on you."

Attachments:

I am totally Sylvari trash.

(edited by Cobalt Raven.3986)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Name: Seranas Windwake
Weapons: Greatsword Longbow
Order of Whispers

Seranas learned very early on in her life that the only way for her to survive would be to take from others. And in time she learned to enjoy doing so.

When she first picked up a weapon it was in defense against not the forces of the dragon but other humans. Bandits had attacked her home and as she listened to the screams of her loved ones she decided that lives truly weren’t equal. She picked up her fathers bow and began her first act of death. In the end she was the only person left alive when the Seraph found her.

The Seraph took her in. Fed her. Clothed Her. Trained Her. And in time she joined there services. Until during a patrol her team stumbled upon another group of bandits. Much like the ones she encountered that day. When they engaged the bandits her comrades found something strange.

Seranas was singing with a soft smile as her bow “Twanged” again and again. Each arrow found there marks in a vital point. And none of her targets survived. This unnerved her comrades who began to look upon her with more fear than respect. In time her death count was higher than even the older veterans. Not because she saw more combat. But because she never allowed even a single criminal to live.

As time past her team grew more and more distant from her and she found herself being more and more isolated. And she was alright with that. But eventually the Seraph leadership learned of this anomaly in there ranks. She was given a choice. Curb her blood lust…for the Seraph were not butchers… or leave. She was singing that same…haunting…melody as she left the barracks with her gear.

She left the human territories. Traveling the world. Looking for every criminal she could find and laying waste to them. Rumors began to spread of a butcher with no pride or honor…A Hunter more than a warrior.

For years she thought she would be alone. Until she stumbled across a group of Norn tormenting a young wolf in the frozen reaches of the north. Svanir’s get she new on sight and she smirked as she drew back her bowstring. When her first arrow hit the young wolf took advantage of the gap in there defenses not to run as another animal might have done. But to attack…hamstringing a distracted norn leaving him defenseless when the next arrow struck him in the throat. And when she left the bloodstained snow behind the wolf followed her silently. She had found a companion on her hunt.

In time she found herself at the Asuran Gates to the mist. Drawn by tales of never-ending conflict. She makes the Heart of the Mists her home now. Watching would be warriors pouring through the gate. Eager for the next hunt. Singing a wordless song that caused those that approached her to think twice. Even before they saw the strange gleam in her eye as she looked upon them.

Attachments:

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Hmm, nice work, I stumbled upon this thread by coincedence. I like such creative threads, especially about stuff that I’d personally unable to do because of not having self the skilsl for that hehe <3

I’d love to see, what someone with the skills for it to create and mix theme songs together would make for my Character Concept for my Main Character that I’m playing since Game Release and what kinds of inspirations you’d use for my character’s theme song. So here are some infos you can work with and a picture of my character.

Name ~ Cassandra Lancaster
Race ~ Human
Gender ~ Female
Age ~ around 25
Birthplace Cantha, but grown up in Kryta, Divinity’s Reach as single child, grown up with only her mother, father died before she was born, mother is Canthan, father is Krytan
Profession ~ Thief (Daredevil)
Job ~ Relic Hunter (Hunts all kinds of Treasures, Artefacts, think basically of Indiana Jones)
Faction ~ Order of Whispers
Weapons ~ Dual Daggers, Shortbow
Character Element Wind/Lightning
Known Pseudonyms/Titles as aThief ~ Orpheal, the Black Orchid (Known Pseudonym as Thief), Thieving Magpie of Divinity Reach (Title of her that don’t know her Pseudonym how she gets called oftenly more so by strangers), Assassin of the Nightingale Blade Those that call her so that know of her past of being an ex member of an destroyed military elite-assassination and infiltration guild with the name Nightingale Blade)
Personality/Backstory Shes guild leader of Artefacis Ars Arcanum a Hideout Guild that looks for outsiders like an ordinary Order Guild that gives out people all kinds of jobs to do, from escorts, to monster hunts, to daily business stuff and what not all, but is in itself in real a Thieves Guild organized by her dearest friends and comrads from past times, when she still was an military Elite Soldier and part as Assassin of the Nighttingale Blade, before that military organization got destroyed by traitors and she swore revenge to bring justice too all of those that were guilty for the death of her first love that died on that day of the coup d’état protecting her from lethal injuries that would have caused her to die, if her lover wouldnt have lightning fast reacted to sacrifice himself in front of her to save her.
A complete personality changing moment for her.
Keywords for her Personality are Revenge, Hope and out of the ordinary Discipline with that she follows her goals, to the point that friends tell her constantly, that she needs to relax

As a Relic Hunter that strifes through Tyria in search for rare treasures and mighty artefacts she earns her money to live by selling all the rather useless stuff she finds that she doesn’t need, while also helping every now and then as a kind of mercenary under disguise for her alias order guild everybody who needs help and is able to pay her.
The times when the was everywhere in Divity Reach basically known as one of the most feared thieves are long over, when she was or still is known as Orpheal the Black Orchid, due to her trademark sign of leaving black orchids whenever and where ever she stole some magical artefacts from people that she needed to get everything together that is required to collect to become able to eventually revive with them Abaddon, the old god of wisdom, in hope that his divine knowledge grants her the powers to revive her lost love.
There aren’t also anymore alot of people alive, that know of her past, mostly either due to those that do being either her best friends only, or due to being killed by her own hands.
Persons which she saw as her enemies where she didn’t wanted them to become able to lift her real identity to certain other persons in her life what would have become really problematic, if certain peopel in her life whould know about her real identity who’s behind the mask of Orpheal, the Black Orchid in real.
By now that are just only a hand full of her best and most dearest friends which know her real identity – those for which she would give her life at any time and where she knows, that they would never betray her like that person that caused the big change in her life and the fall of the Assassins of the Nightingale Blade did back in her past years, before she became member of the Order of the Whispers due to the most charming Charr that she has ever met in her life until this point, who was able to clear her depression and cheer her up with just an single apple, changing with that one apple her way of thinking and bringing her from the path of solitude back to become again the friendly and cheerful young lady that she once was, when she was happy in life and in love.
Something until this moment, that even her best friends weren’t able to do to make her smile again, even for a short moment, did this one charr who was once known, as Tybalt Leftpaw.
The race she mistrusted the most, due to them being guilty for her father’s death, became one of her most emotionally bonded friends and her mentor which made her the person who she is by today that fought against Zhaitan to lose her new found friend, survived Mordremoth to meet him again and continues fighting to protect from now on everythign that is dear to her under her real identity as Cassandra Lancaster, Heroine of Lion’s Arch and Commander of the Pact at the front line of the battles against the Elder Dragons, until they all are defeated.

Here is a picture of Cassandra in her white, black, red Commander Outfit

And another inspirational picture, that caused me several years ago to make the character and which should practically show her in her Relic Hunter Dress when shes out on search for treasures or doing mercenary jobs and not currently hunting Dragon Minions

Theme Name ~ Black Orchids in the Moonlight

Attachments:

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Community Creations

Posted by: PinkyHolly.5903

PinkyHolly.5903

Hi DusK, this is a very cool project! I got here from tumblr and was amazed by your Shatterer theme. Really cool music <3
I decided to post a character as well, maybe she inspires you

Name: Jelly Laurel

Story:
A lone wanderer, but happy at heart, this young sylvari set out from the Grove very early in her life to explore the world. On her journey she passed through zones of war and destruction as well as lively big cities, looking at all of this in wonder. She didn’t understand the concept of hate or crime which seemed to be a constant for humans and the other races…
Not until her travels brought her far east to Ascalon and she first encountered the corruption of the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik. She looked upon the destruction and felt sadness bubbling up inside her. Here, all life and all plants were destroyed and only brainless branded creatures roamed the land. Even in Orr, some plants could thrive, but in the Brand only some gnarled sticks remained.
She decided then and there to try and make this wasteland bloom again, to bring back a little life into it even if it may seem futile. Now she works on this task with unending optimism, trying to reclaim a little of this dead land every day. The Brand should one day bloom again.

Personality:
Naive and easily trusting, which has gotten her into a lot of trouble on her journeys. But she never lost her optimism and her joy of exploration and continues to see each new day as an opportunity to meet new friends and have new adventures. She is very determined to finish her task of cleansing the Brand, even if it may not be done in her lifetime at all. She will not give up easily even if the odds are against her.

English is not my first language so I’m sorry for grammar mistakes

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: PuppetGuy.2147

PuppetGuy.2147

This is too cool to pass up.

Name: Octavia Bloodmane

Class: Guardian (Dragonhunter)

Some people have fun with their work. Octavia is one of those people who really, really likes what she does for a living. Despite not being a Berserker, she certainly fights like one, whipping up her comrades into a fighting frenzy with her shouting, then diving headfirst into the thick of combat without the slightest hesitation, her tendency to get her fur matted with blood earning her name.

Born and raised in Lion’s Arch, Octavia quickly put her talent for brutal (if inspirational) violence in the Lionguard, surviving a number of posts that were more often than not certain death. Ettins, krait, pirates, and the battle of Claw Island all failed to put her down… Particularly Claw Island. She took that personally and was more than eager to make some new holes in the sorry dragon that thought it could take her city.

For most of her career, she’s been paired up with a human named Lorella Wald, a warrior who was more than eager to match her appetite for fighting as much as knocking back meat and ale. Despite most betting that the two would tear each other apart at the drop of a hat (relations between humans and charr being what they were, along with their battle-hungry attitudes), the two turned out to be whirlwind of steel and battlecries, dragging whoever was stationed with them into their frenzied charges.

For Octavia, it doesn’t get much better than that. Good drinks, good meats, good people to get in scraps with and a bloody fine city to protect.

However, Scarlet’s attack on Lion’s Arch changed everything. One of the last to leave and among the first to get back in, Octavia realized that her partner was unaccounted for. Against all better judgement (and orders), she braved miasma and Aetherblades to get to her partner’s home, but found the building collapsed, and, equally to her dismay as to her shock, her partner dead inside, having used her own body to shield her son from the collapsing debris, where he had remained trapped entire time. Freeing him and carving her way out, she has since taken him under her care, unwilling to leave the well-being of her friend’s only child to chance.

Admittedly, she has no idea how to raise a child, much less a human. But burn her if she isn’t trying her hardest. It’s rough, it’s riddled with potholes… But to her surprise (and others), the boy has steadfastly refused any relocation or being switched to a ‘proper’ foster family.

With the completion of the repairs of Lion’s Arch, Octavia officially adopted Mikolas Wald. Next on the list? Promotion to Deputy.

And send that no-good brother Embermane down to a watery grave in his own flaming ship.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Warrioress.2750

Warrioress.2750

Hi, this is a wonderful thing you are doing! Really like the sounds you create too. Excited to go and listen to more of you music.

So,
Name- Cyane Imara
Race-Norn
Profession- Ranger-
Occupation- Warrior for the Greater Good(not for hire)
Favorite Weapons- Sword/Axe and Longbow

Cyane can be cunning like the Raven spirit on one side, but also ferocious and wild like the snow storms of her homeland. Headstrong, extremely independent often with a short temper you don’t realize is going to blow until you are on your back.

There is nothing more she loves then roaming the beautiful landscapes of the Wayfarer Foothills with her animal companion beside her. She grew up idolizing Eir and is now more like the huntress then she realizes, many things she does are in honor of the huntress. Her pets tend to be dangerous predators, snow leopard, fire wyvern and tiger are her most common companions.

In battle she is relentless and will not give up until the enemy is vanquished, but she is also smart enough to know when she’s been outmatched, though she will return with an army behind her to finish what was started.
In friendly company you could not ask for a better ally, loyal to the end, she will often try to save another at her own cost. Known to start bar room brawls if someone insults her or her friends.

In her work (though that is mostly in the past) with the order of whispers, which was not where people expected her to go with her often our-there ferocious nature, but her cunning is her biggest asset in this line of work, that is until all hell breaks loose. She became very close to Tybalt Leftpaw despite being skeptical of him on their first mission together, his more, could i say, laid-back nature balanced perfectly with her personality. She still misses him in the quieter moments.

She loves the challenge of hunting in the maguma jungle, particularly gliding down on her prey on silent hawk wings.

She will not wear something unless all or some part of it is dyed red.

Attachments:

I have many skills- Xena

in Community Creations

DusK.3849

New theme! This one’s for Rosja.

https://youtu.be/W_McVaLLQkM

I realized that I hadn’t really taken on a theme for a character with these PTSD-like concepts. So I choose that one mainly for the unique challenge to capture that tone. The whole theme has a steady taiko beat, to create a more “military” impression befitting of a warrior, but without breaking the somber mood set by the strings. The tremolo violas in the bridge after the melody/counter-melody section reflect the permanent mental scarring on Rosja’s mind as a result of Mordremoth’s call.

I will be taking a short break after this piece — a month or two — for reasons I can’t go into quite yet, but I will be continuing this project eventually. Characters posted during that time will still be considered like all others once I get back, so don’t let my break stop you from posting.

(edited by DusK.3849)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Teaniel.9052

Teaniel.9052

Thanks, I like it! :-) It was fun to log on this afternoon and find this waiting for me.
Rosja tends to act calm and collected, but she’s no longer as confident as she appears, and then she’s a berserker on the battlefield. You hinted at all three in one piece. And those strings really sound like mental tension, be it Mordremoth’s voice or just disturbing memories.

We’re going to devote our energies to sports, gardening, all the cultural pursuits;
in fact, we’re going to put the goons to sleep.
Meanwhile – we dig.

in Community Creations

Posted by: DawnSketch.7105

DawnSketch.7105

Name: Ashen Branka (Ash which protects/defends)
Class: Elementalist (Stays in fire attunement)
Profession: Making sure Trahearne eats & sleeps?/Bard/Magister
favorite Weapon: Staff & harp
Cycle: Dawn (Light, fire, renewal, you see the theme)
background:
Ashen awoke with a deep curiosity for the world that rivaled most other Sylvari and many cats. She took her wild hunt seriously, but became caught up in this wonderful world that blazed around her. The people, the land and the excitement in helping those of need. She fell deeply in love with everything around her with a child like glee and had no reserves in caring for everyone friendly she came across with every bit of her heart.
This changes after losing Sieran at Claw Island. Ashen’s personality starts to shift as pain finally cracks her happy-go-lucky armor. The young sylvari gets her first taste of losing someone very close. Trahearne & Caith take note that her harp playing has turned melancholy after that point and never returned to the happiness it was when Ashen was naive to the darker ways of the world. While still incredibly curious she doesn’t laugh as deeply, nor does she welcome people into her spaces as quickly. She is, however still very young and has playful bouts of childish behavior aim’d mostly at very angry or stoic people in her vicinity (Trahearne, Caith, Rytlock, Braham & Canach take the brunt of it). The experience as a whole forces her to grow up emotionally and find who she really is. In memory of Sieran, Ashen takes the last name Branka of which Eir suggests saying the it means “to protect & defend”.
By the time Zombie Dragon is killed off, Ashen is much more in control of her emotions. She becomes a happy yet even tempered sylvari, who looks at the world as something so precious that it’s worth fighting for. She burns with the righteous fire of dawn! It’s also round the time she and Trahearne run off to cleanse Orr that she realises she has feelings for him.

personality:
- Empathetic
- inquisitive
- plays stupid
- intelligent/lacks wisdom
- patient
- Panics when friends are in danger
- loyal
- Puts up strong front/brakes down in private
- Playfully banters with Canach, Trahearne & Rytlock/any Char
- Hyper aware of environment around her/oblivious to people around her
- frets over Trahearne’s well-being and worries when Caith hasn’t replied to her mails in a timely manner.
- Is scared kittenless that she’ll lose Trahearne & Caith like she lost Sieran

Attachments:

I do Commissions of Player Characters! Contact me via:
Dawnpainterz @ DeviantART or
Dawnpainterz @ Gmail

in Community Creations

Posted by: Zekowah.6480

Zekowah.6480

Heyas DusK! I messaged you in-game a little while ago, and then I took forever to get this done. Your music is wonderful, and I echo the sentiments of everyone else here who has thanked you for doing this for the community. Thank you for consideration of my character, and I very much hope that your break is due to something good in your life!

Name: Muirellthe Moon (Myur-ell-tuh Moon)

Profession: Guardian (Dragonhunter)

Age (time since her awakening): About 15 months.

Personality: Affectionate to a fault, Muirellthe sees the world through the bright eyes of a most curious child. She loves all creatures and people without reserve. The world of Tyria is wondrous to her, and the unbridled enthusiasm bundled up inside her is often contagious. Muir lacks basic social and cultural knowledge; she is often confused and crestfallen if someone declines a hug.

Underneath her child-like demeanor is a powerful drive to protect those around her, and especially her closest friend, Fawne Lisbeth. Though her courage is prepared to shine when necessary, she prefers to take less lethal approaches to combat situations when possible. Muirellthe reveres the teachings of Ventari and the Mother Tree, often turning to her when she needs guidance. Though easily moved to tears over any number of seemingly inconsequential things, a kind word or a visit from a passing butterfly or little rabbit is enough to set anything right in her world. Despite her naïve tendencies, she’s often the first to find the right thing to say in a difficult situation.

Weapons: Muir is never without her staff and a greatsword strapped to her small frame. She almost exclusively favors her staff, using it as both a defensive and non-lethal weapon. When faced with dire situations, she proves just as adept with a greatsword, though it saddens her when she must use it.

Background: Muirellthe was born prematurely during an attack on the Dream by the Nightmare Court. As a result, she has no memory of her consciousness within the Dream before she was awakened. The combined memories, experiences, and knowledge of her people are lost to her, save for an innate mastery of combat techniques and weapons training, her name, and a face she was desperate to seek out from the moment she was brought into the world of Tyria.

The face was that of Fawne Lisbeth, though she had not known it at the time. All she knew was that she was born with a desperate tug towards this woman, a powerful drive to seek her out at all costs. Several days after her birth and adjustment to life in the Grove, this feeling was identified as a Wyld Hunt by the Pale Tree. From that moment on, Muirellthe believed it was her life-long responsibility to find and protect this woman wherever she traveled.

Despite the unusual circumstances of her birth, Muirellthe’s insatiable thirst to learn and find Fawne could not be quenched any longer. After only a few weeks of safety and family in the Grove she left it with the blessing and encouragement of the Mother Tree. She ventured forth from her home alone, meeting allies and enemies alike. The final destination of her journey was unknown to her; she was determined to traverse all corners of Tyria in order to find her Wyld Hunt. Deciding on Lion’s Arch as a good place to start, she set out on foot. As destiny would have it, Muirellthe crossed the rolling hills of the Gendarran Fields and came upon Lion’s Arch the day Scarlet razed it to the ground.

Personal quirks:

- She often uses phrases such as “Blessed Mother tree!” in her vernacular.

- Muirellthe’s personality is vastly different from the typical Sylvari born during the Cycle of Night. Upon hearing this and still being quite new to the world, Muir felt sadness for the moon, and guilt that she was not at all like her kin of the time she was born. A few days after her birth she officially gave herself “Moon” as a surname in order to give the moon some form of presence in who she was.

Notes:

- Muirellthe Moon is dead in the current timeline of the story – ...she was killed protecting Fawne from a fall during the first attack on Mordremoth (the end of Living Season 2.) As time has gone on, I’ve come to the decision that she will eventually come back as some form of entity or spirit. This profile, however, is the active profile of Muirellthe Moon before her death, and as such she has not technically been reborn, nor is she technically dead.

- Muirellthe had an everlasting effect on Fawne Lisbeth as a person. Though Fawne did not agree to a personal bodyguard for some time, they eventually became the closest of friends.

- She is never completely sure of her Wyld Hunt’s true purpose, and some of her last words are lamenting that she has to leave not knowing if she did what she was supposed to for Fawne. She initially believes it to be to protect Fawne from all harm, however due to the fact that she simply had a strong pull towards Fawne, it is later speculated that perhaps her Wyld Hunt was simply that she should become part of Fawne’s life, and perhaps even leave it (through death) eventually.

I posted these notes just in case they would be important in some way.

Attachments:

(edited by Zekowah.6480)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Feena Canyon.4921

Feena Canyon.4921

This is such a cool project!

Name: Tenoar
Class: Thief
Picture: http://feena-c.tumblr.com/post/140387481089/guild-wars-2-fashion-week-tenoar#disqus_thread
Personality: Curious, adventurous, naive, optimistic, brave, genuine.

Story:
Tenoar left the grove when only three weeks old. His Dream showed him bits and pieces of places all over Tyria and he wanted to explore them as soon as he could.
He joined the Priory after learning about the concept of a “library”. Tenoar loves learning, be it from reading books or from experiencing things himself.
Tenoar is always willing to try new things, even if he is scared of them. This sometimes gets him into trouble, but he is blessed with very good luck (and lots of good friends from his travels) and often comes out none the worse for wear.
His favorite thing to do is to explore with friends (just about everyone is considered a friend), especially cities where he can meet new people or ancient ruins where he can learn about the past.
He also loves to cook and try new cuisines (he once ate a whole stick of butter).

in Community Creations

Posted by: Favillion.7843

Favillion.7843

Name: Favillion Bellarion
Class: Elementalist
Previous Location: Blazeridge steppes
Current Location: Unknown
Guild: Previous “The Shaded Blades” Current “Unknown”
Rank: Former Guild Apprentice and former Order of Whispers agent
Track name “A Broken soul A Hardened heart” hope its okay i add this here

History
From a young age growing up in the city Favillion hoped on changing the world through information and magic and was tutored by Deimos Hellfire and trained his stealth and information gathering skills in the order of whispers for a time before Deimos recruited Favillion into his new guild along with other humans Charr, Norn and Asura “The Shaded Blades” this new band of Brothers and comrades had a singular goal in mind, Dealing with the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik because of how miserable a failure Destiny’s Edge turned out to be losing The dragon Glint and Snaff at the same time The Shaded Blades could not trust Destiny’s Edge or any of the three orders because of their bickering with dealing with the dragons so Deimos and Favillion marched into the Blazeridge steppes in hopes of dealing with the elder dragon….

It did not go well Deimos was arrogant in thinking he and his guild could take on the branded hoards on their own and after an ambush by branded and the Shatterer which devastated the shaded blades which Deimos himself lost his life and left Favillion face scarred and as the last survivor Favillion disappeared of the face of Tyria most believing after losing his friends and his guild family he could not bear life anymore.

However recently there has been whispers of an elementalist appearing in places across Tyria typically where branded, risen or the icebrood appear aiding those in need and recruiting heros for an unknown purpose under a new flag where none of the dragons allies or minions would know mercy.

Known Personality Traits by people who have met this Unknown Elementalist
People who witness claim he usual has a reckless but effective way of dealing with his enemies preferring to do a full on using all his fiery vengeance while also giving commands on those who will listen, it is noted that this Magic user will try to save anyone unless their stupidity causes them to die. Apart from this he is known to be kind but hard pushing others to the limit in hopes of not repeating his mentors mistake

1st Picture Favillion waking up after battle with Branded

2cd Picture Favillion Given news of the fate of his guild

3rd Most recent sighting

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Teletric.3821

Teletric.3821

Name: Telephon Gearclaw
Profession Scrapper
Legion: Iron Legion
Background: Telephon was born as the runt in his litter, but thanks to mentorship from Rytlock Brimstone himself, he was able to overcome that status and became the most intelligent student in his fahrar. After losing almot his warband to the ascalonians, Telephon lived his life working in the scrap yards along with the only other member of his warband left, Dinky. While working at the scrap yards, Telephon would often meddle with the scrap and build whatever was on his mind with them. It wasn’t until he became Commander of the Pact that he expanded on that aspect. When the pact crashed into the Maguuma Jungle, Telephon used the parts of some airships and was among the first to discover how to create Gyros. He is now considered an innovative genius among the Pact, and many hope to follow in his footsteps.