Weapon contest concept (Ineligible)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Akira.6072

Akira.6072

So here is my weapon concept that I drew up. I’m already ineligible by country so I’m posting it here. The boundaries can be seen on the top left with the original sword without effects.

I only drew legendary effects because I can’t enter anyway. The “standard effects” sword is probably the one I would have went for if I could enter the competition though.

Either way, a bit about the sword.
When designing this I was inspired by the fact that the gods are returning in GW2. So I decided to make a Dwayna inspired sword. Since we already have Dwayna weapon skins I decided to not put so many wings/feathers into the design but also gave it a crystal desert spin.

Furthermore, I was also inspired by Malchor who described Dwayna’s beauty and I wanted to reflect that in this sword. A sword that makes you want to stare at it over and over. Unfortunately, I did not have the time nor skill to properly recreate the sword I envisioned but I think I got decently close!

A few details are the word angel inscribed in Orrian near the start of the actual blade (Couldn’t find translatable elonian, sorry!) and two angels amidst the swirling clouds in the carvings.

For the effects, the first standard effects version was supposed to reflect some sort of heavenly angelic fire. I had this idea for two reasons:

- The first was due to it being an angel like blade, Dwayna has wings like an angel and angels with flaming swords seems fitting.

- The second was because currently, we have some nice fire swords (firebringer, fiery dragon sword). However, I feel that we are also currently lacking a “nice” fire effect. For example, we have the corrupted skins, splotches of mist, compared to frostforged skins which have a more refined approach to the “frost” effect. For our fire skins, we have the “corrupted” type of effects but no real defined effect like frostforged skins for fire.

As for the legendary effects, the first is a golden theme, since angels associated with heaven have this gold and yellow theme. I was inspired by the “golden rain” chemistry experiment for effects and the footfalls were supposed to reflect golden paved ground present in a “heavenly” place.

The second is a fire theme that I had originally thought of, another spin on heavenly fire if you will. Vortices of fire swirling around the blade and the footfalls reflect that. The gems also gain a firey theme with swirling fires inside the gems upon draw.

I had not put in draw and stow effects because I ran out of space but I think you could imagine them.

Anyway, hope you like it.

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I want this on my guardian so badly

in Community Creations

Akira.6072

I want this on my guardian so badly

:c I feel your pain

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

You are very talented. I’m sorry that this weapon is ineligible, because it looks very good.
They also said thatfootprints are for legendary weapons and the contest weapon won’t be a legendary one, but whatever.

The version in the bottom left corner is amazing. I like it a lot.

in Community Creations

Akira.6072

You are very talented. I’m sorry that this weapon is ineligible, because it looks very good.
They also said thatfootprints are for legendary weapons and the contest weapon won’t be a legendary one, but whatever.

The version in the bottom left corner is amazing. I like it a lot.

Thank you c:. I only made the legendary weapon part because I couldn’t actually submit. I’m glad you like them c: