What u can use Guild Halls for: GUILD EVENTS

in Community Creations

Posted by: MikeiMighty.5197

MikeiMighty.5197

During Wintersday i got thinking what we could use our guild hall for. You see i love the GH. My guild has the Lost Precipice, and after the initial “lets all grab our own home” excitement, there really wasn’t much going on. We barely even use the Guild Portal now.

So i created a video a week ago about what events my guild does on a weekend (when we do our Guild missions). I thought i’d be nice to share with people on here and see what events or things you guys do in your Guild halls.

I organise several events: A Jumping Puzzle race, a last man standing Battle Royale in the Arena, A scavenger Hunt for a item i’ve hidden in the GH, and a Marathon following a trail of balloons to the finish. Although now i’ve also added a Guild Quiz which will be featured soon! Each winner gets 10g, which we fund by having people donate 1-2g each week which usually covers it.

What does your Guild use the GH for? Ours is starting to see more use with these Guild Events, the harvesting nodes are almost completed, we have all the bonus boosts available, just needs a few more things to be added (an Editable noticeboard, a Trading Post merc, Guild ANTHEMS!)

But i would love to hear what else people do so maybe we can get more use out of the GH!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Falindae.6075

Falindae.6075

This is great!

My Guild always gathers in the Guild Hall before weekend Guild Missions and uses the portal to get everyone together.

Now that we’re upgraded as much as we want to be and are working on optional extras for fun, we’ve started doing little fun things after Guild Missions in the Guild Hall!

We have Gilded Hollow and we have used it for, and are going to use it for:

• Hide and Seek!
    Make sure you’re all in the same instance if you have a medium or large Guild. I found this out the hard way, though it was pretty hilarious! All you have to do is unrepresent and you can no longer see gold guild dots, and they can’t see yours! Prizes for first, second, or third person to locate the hider, or hide several people at once who then reveal themselves when they are found the first time.
  • Tonic Races!
    Myself and some other ‘officer’ types will situate ourselves with tags up around the Guild Hall and have everyone drink a tonic, then run to each tag in order, and across the finish line. This leaves options for people to take whatever path they’d like rather than a set one, but ‘evens the playing field’ by having everyone in the same form with the same speed boosts and lack of skills.
  • Hide The Decoration!
    We have an ‘Immense Lion’ (two, actually!) and since it’s such a huge decoration, it’s fun to try to hide it! This, and Hide and Seek, really renew our appreciation for the hall as we run around exploring it!

I’ll have to run the PvP tournament stuff by the Guild, too, and see how they feel about it. We definitely have people who love PvP/WvW, but we’re about 60 members, and the majority are mostly PvE oriented.

We also had the idea to maybe start a raffle to help fund the Guild Events so none of the leaders go broke eventually — maybe 80% to the winner, and 20% to the Guild Bank to be used for prizes for events?

Fun stuff, and thanks for starting the Thread!

in Community Creations

Posted by: MikeiMighty.5197

MikeiMighty.5197

I like the Hide and Seek idea, although it could take a while! I learned the unrepresent trick when i had another guildie be the the judge for the scavenger hunt by doing the same thing and waiting by the object.

We used to also have a raffle… well a lottery, but in the end it just took too much effort to make sure people participated. The idea is to kind of get all the events done inside 1 hour. We also do our GM’s on Sats/Suns so rotate each week what day its on so everyone can participate as we’re a fairly international guild.

I liked your idea of tonic races, in our marathon i allow class and weapon skills as the rule is your not allowed to change character for any of the events (meaning its sort of balanced).

What i have learned is that even though i know alot of cool places in the GH, many of my guildies don’t! I hide an object in the guild “vault” which has lots of gold and coins in. When it was over and people wanted to know what it was, they were all amazed and couldn’t believe this was in the GH! The devs did a great job on design and by doing events around the GH hopefully it’ll showcase some of the awesome features.

One downside… the silly “map is closing” system