Why some of us still WvW

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

https://youtu.be/OGLOgr2Vh_w

Fights like this make all the unexciting hours kind of worth it. Not my video, but I am the white revenant.

Shout out to Hadi the edgemaster for esports banner swap <3

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Was nice. The enemy would have easily won if they had brought decent condi roaming builds to counter the pure power roaming builds, but still.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

Very nice boon sharing/duration. I love that comp

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Most broke OP build in the game right now… and I run one from time to time as well.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Most broke OP build in the game right now… and I run one from time to time as well.

Got my hands on one of those builds as of late, insane what you can do with it

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

And that’s why you should never chase squirrels, kids.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

BeepBoopBop.5403

Was nice. The enemy would have easily won if they had brought decent condi roaming builds to counter the pure power roaming builds, but still.

Lol you’re telling me! Roaming as revenant with no support or healer be like

Attachments:

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Impressive but totally op.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Aileras.9460

Aileras.9460

does he even kill anyone till the end, seems like its good for surviving only. The fights these days go on forever and no one dies, it gets boring and everyone runs off.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: XerMeLL.6042

XerMeLL.6042

Sir. Do you know what armor and runes he is using? I need an idea for my 2nd set. Thanks for the reply.

This is the last MMORPG ill play.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

BeepBoopBop.5403

does he even kill anyone till the end, seems like its good for surviving only. The fights these days go on forever and no one dies, it gets boring and everyone runs off.

To be fair, we were 3 v 6? Or so during the fight at bloodlust point. The female scrapper was insanely tanky and obviously just a rez bot.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

BeepBoopBop.5403

Sir. Do you know what armor and runes he is using? I need an idea for my 2nd set. Thanks for the reply.

I’ll point him towards this post when I get home tonight. I think he’s using durability runes? No idea on gear stats but I would think some zerk/cavalier/knights combination.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It’s cool when you do you manage to find a decent small group fight these days, but holy kitten does it feel like you’re spending 90% of your time simply fighting the passive traits and other overtuned things on each class now.

I miss the good old days where you couldn’t have everything in a single build and group fights were so much more cerebral because you had to actively fill in the gaps to get a functioning group.

Gandara

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

I feel like the camera shake adds to the intensity.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

So you still wvw because you can run a faceroll class and build and have fun why all of those who don’t stand a chance against that quit?

Fights like these (minus the faceroll) were really common until June last year when things got out of control.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

The vid creator seems like a real charmer. Nothing says ‘tryhard’ like running a build like that and fighting with all the people in your comment section.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

RodOfDeath.5247

The vid creator seems like a real charmer. Nothing says ‘tryhard’ like running a build like that and fighting with all the people in your comment section.

Noticed that too. Must be a well rounded young man who is very understanding and accepting of constructive criticism.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

lol best “constructive criticism” I have had the pleasure of reading.

very polite, brief and to the point ofc

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I’m in it for the money.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

BeepBoopBop.5403

So you still wvw because you can run a faceroll class and build and have fun why all of those who don’t stand a chance against that quit?

Fights like these (minus the faceroll) were really common until June last year when things got out of control.

Uhh Jana from one thief main to another, the rest of us are allowed to have fun even though your D/D build is dead lol.

- a former s/d p/d thief

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I really really despise wvw videos about warriors or guardians. They do not promote smart play there is nothing you can learn from there.

I so love wvw videos from thieves or mesmers because they show you how to actually play wvw.

Running around with an invincible build is not fun. When that warrior guy met 5 enemies at least he must to have some fight intead just “evade” and go on. After that i stopped and never look back.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Jana.6831

Uhh Jana from one thief main to another, the rest of us are allowed to have fun even though your D/D build is dead lol.

- a former s/d p/d thief

I don’t care what you played before – you didn’t get my point. People are quitting because of “your fun”. If I had any faith left I’d say that this video is proof that wvw finally needs balance and would thank you for that. Maybe I will 3 months from now.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

this video reminds me of the duel people near the smc, somewhat similar purpose

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

BeepBoopBop.5403

- a former s/d p/d thief

I don’t care what you played before – you didn’t get my point. People are quitting because of “your fun”. If I had any faith left I’d say that this video is proof that wvw finally needs balance and would thank you for that. Maybe I will 3 months from now.

yawn cry more

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I really really despise wvw videos about warriors or guardians. They do not promote smart play there is nothing you can learn from there.

I so love wvw videos from thieves or mesmers because they show you how to actually play wvw.

Running around with an invincible build is not fun. When that warrior guy met 5 enemies at least he must to have some fight intead just “evade” and go on. After that i stopped and never look back.

Of course they promote smart play. Smart play on the side of the opposition. Thats why the group that was fought with in the OP is… less than stellar.

If you cant at the very least 2v1 such a warrior (each should be able to snag 50% hp by blowing cds) then just smile and wave while walking away… smile and wave. You never ever chase (lol) or bunch up in his melee cleaves (double lol).

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

How is my build over powered? I can be killed. I just know how to rotate well.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

yeah you rotate really well between spamming your GS burst, ww, auto attacking and using your dodge macro. warrior king of rotation.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

yeah you rotate really well between spamming your GS burst, ww, auto attacking and using your dodge macro. warrior king of rotation.

Dodge macro on warrior? lol wow thats new.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Lol at the comments here.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

RodOfDeath.5247

Very sensitive for a so called “warrior” too lol

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

- a former s/d p/d thief

yawn cry more

Looks like you’re kind of a hypocrite telling someone to “cry more” when you cry quite a bit your self, accusing people of hacking when your brainless “I win” build doesn’t pull through vs a skillful opponent.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Actually you look the person running an “I win build” acro/dd/trickery has to the most easy faceroll thief build ever, and you’ur running bound to lol. I dunno how people can claim them self’s to be skillfull opements when they are running trash like this. Btw what build was he running?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

Nice fight and kitting. Player knows how to fight and how to counter certain classes. Right focus on targets, more spiky damage would lay guy down.

OP? nope. Thats what happens when dueler meets some random average group fighters dedicated to support zerg.

[Underworld][ZERK]

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Nice fight and kitting. Player knows how to fight and how to counter certain classes. Right focus on targets, more spiky damage would lay guy down.

OP? nope. Thats what happens when dueler meets some random average group fighters dedicated to support zerg.

Some warrior builds are OP as hell right now but I do agree with the zergling thing. There are a couple druid builds out that probably could have picked them apart 1v6 though so OP really is relative.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

Some warrior builds are OP as hell right now but I do agree with the zergling thing. There are a couple druid builds out that probably could have picked them apart 1v6 though so OP really is relative.

Yes some classes are real survivors. For me it’s really ok if they win 1v1 or 1v2. You cant have a car which can be fastest on track and on offroad. Same here in game.

[Underworld][ZERK]

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

So much hate it actually feels like wvw
I don’t understand what the problem is I saw a party totally outplay another group regardless of class. If they want to stand in hundred blades/burst to try and res with no invuln it’s more the fool to them, nothing to do with being op.
Out of all the builds roaming wvw now I don’t class warrior as op just out distance between you and them and you win.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Actually you look the person running an “I win build” acro/dd/trickery has to the most easy faceroll thief build ever, and you’ur running bound to lol. I dunno how people can claim them self’s to be skillfull opements when they are running trash like this. Btw what build was he running?

Everything is OP in some way or another, now. Skill having anything to do with victory disappeared when HoT dropped.

You can still find plenty of good players but no matter how good they are, many of them die repeatedly to specific builds because they have to massively outplay mechanics instead of the players themselves. Eg. heaps of passives.

You can be stubborn like me and continue to play builds without the elite specs, telling yourself it makes you a better player when it really doesn’t. Or you can pick up the latest steamroller and join the party, no skill required.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

BeepBoopBop.5403

- a former s/d p/d thief

yawn cry more

Looks like you’re kind of a hypocrite telling someone to “cry more” when you cry quite a bit your self, accusing people of hacking when your brainless “I win” build doesn’t pull through vs a skillful opponent.

Haha one day I knew Min kitten would eventually post a video. What a carry build, 2700 armor acro and defender runes? Maybe when they finally fix staff 3 stow and he can stop exploiting the free evade, I’ll give that tryhard an ounce of respect.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: tomwjd.8172

tomwjd.8172

All of my videos are unlisted atm because I need to take care of irl stuff before I have time to edit and cut parts of the video where I’m not engaging anyone.
I’ve parted w/ defender runes and armor since long time ago because condi is abundant in wvw and armor is kind of worthless.

I do agree that defender runes are cancer and deserves to be nerfed like the perplexity rune.
The acro trick dd build mainly helps against fighting outnumbered or getting away from zergs :]
1v1s are easy and doesn’t matter if I’m acro or DA (w/o pulm because its not versatile against some condi specs) except maybe against the top DH players out there (in which case pulmonary impact or acro helps a lot).
Many thieves claim that they are struggling w/ 1v1s or encounters in wvw solo roaming when in actuality thieves are currently the strongest 1v1 profession atm in an open field setting, so I will be editing and doing a guide for 1v1 against each build out there.
Would you like to be featured in the video, Kool? :]

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ludhriq.5490

Ludhriq.5490

- a former s/d p/d thief

yawn cry more

Haha one day I knew Min kitten would eventually post a video. What a carry build, 2700 armor acro and defender runes? Maybe when they finally fix staff 3 stow and he can stop exploiting the free evade, I’ll give that tryhard an ounce of respect.

you speak as if your respect matters, my dear pleblord

Ludhriq always wins.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

So much salt. This is definitely why people are still in WvW (forums included).

Great vid nonetheless. Good players know how to differentiate mediocre players with meta build from real good players with meta build. Using the same build will obviously not yeild the same result because that’s where player skill kicks in.

So those people saying “you’re just using OP meta build” are completely irrelevant and should be ashamed of themselves rolf.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Jana.6831

So those people saying “you’re just using OP meta build” are completely irrelevant and should be ashamed of themselves rolf.

Let me guess what class with what build you’re running…

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Kyon.9735

Let me guess what class with what build you’re running…

Go on take your guess and I bet you were thinking I play a meta class with a meta build. Sorry to disappoint you but I play a D/WH Tempest with 0 shouts.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Jana.6831

And you have never faced a Berserker with durability runes? And think that all those who call that class and build OP should be ashamed of themselves – alright then. Why don’t we all just run the same class with the same build and call it a day? Even then skill wouldn’t matter if it’s berserker – just random wins/losses everywhere.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Kyon.9735

And you have never faced a Berserker with durability runes? And think that all those who call that class and build OP should be ashamed of themselves – alright then. Why don’t we all just run the same class with the same build and call it a day? Even then skill wouldn’t matter if it’s berserker – just random wins/losses everywhere.

Do you seriously think that anyone who picks up a meta build magically becomes godlike? Does every meta build you meet destroy you?

If you can please actually calm down and start using your brain, it’s pretty logical that a meta build on a mediocre player is good. A meta build on a great player is obviously better. Just because you hate meta builds doesn’t mean that you should ignore the individual’s skill.

And to be clear – I hate metabattle and meta builds. You can even look up to my previous posts. That website has done nothing but promote one true build for each class causing massive nerfs that affect non meta builds harder.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Do you seriously think that anyone who picks up a meta build magically becomes godlike? Does every meta build you meet destroy you?

If you can please actually calm down and start using your brain, it’s pretty logical that a meta build on a mediocre player is good. A meta build on a great player is obviously better. Just because you hate meta builds doesn’t mean that you should ignore the individual’s skill.

And to be clear – I hate metabattle and meta builds. You can even look up to my previous posts. That website has done nothing but promote one true build for each class causing massive nerfs that affect non meta builds harder.

I think all he’s trying to say is that having success vs similar pvp/roamer builds and success vs zergling builds and/or outdated ones doesn’t mean the same.

I think we can agree that some match-ups are just, all skill being equal, unfair and doesn’t translate into you being a great player because you won or them being mediocre for dying when they were expected to die more often than not. If it was you playing what they were playing vs what you were playing (all things being equal) how would you have fared?

Some builds are just really too good for what you sacrifice to get what you get. The risk/reward ratio is just pretty broken as it is.

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: JediSange.1645

JediSange.1645

I would love to know what builds are at play here. The Warrior seems like a really standard Power Roamer with Durability runes. But is the Herald anything special?

Edit: Just saw you are the Rev. Would love to know more about the build if you don’t mind sharing. Otherwise, great vid dude!

(edited by JediSange.1645)

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

BeepBoopBop.5403

Jana kitten already holy crap. All you do is try to shame others for not playing terrible builds. Your d/d build is dead, get over it already. Better build != OP. I don’t even understand what is OP about boon duration on Warrior, their resistance and stability are long lasting/pulsing already. The only thing I see strongly buffed by boon duration is Healing Signet active use, which is useful but not game breaking.

I would love to know what builds are at play here. The Warrior seems like a really standard Power Roamer with Durability runes. But is the Herald anything special?

Edit: Just saw you are the Rev. Would love to know more about the build if you don’t mind sharing. Otherwise, great vid dude!

Thanks, its just standard power shiro/glint with durability runes.

(edited by BeepBoopBop.5403)

Why some of us still WvW

in Community Creations

Posted by: XerMeLL.6042

XerMeLL.6042

I’ll point him towards this post when I get home tonight. I think he’s using durability runes? No idea on gear stats but I would think some zerk/cavalier/knights combination.

Never mind Sir, someone PM’ed me the Runes and its Durability. And the guy in the video according to 3 people pm’ed said he is mean. Thanks for your help.

This is the last MMORPG ill play.