Wintersday Community Showcase Live Notes

in Community Creations

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey Community Creations Folks!

Lizzie and I just completed our third edition of Community Showcase Live on our Twitch channel. The show will be rebroadcast this afternoon and, most likely, again tomorrow morning Europe time, and the November Episode is now available on YouTube, where you also can find the September and October episodes, as well.

We wanted to be sure you knew a few things:

• Our next episode of Community Showcase Live will air on Wednesday, December 16 at Noon Pacific time
  • The theme for that show will be Wintersday, including festival images as well as seasonal and holiday art
  • We will be selecting art for December’s show the week preceding the air date, so please consider uploading to the forums or Tumblr by December 8th.
  • Please share your art here, in this section of the official forums, or on Tumblr, using the hashtag #GW2FanSubmission.
  • All sorts of art is welcome, from drawings to cosplay, from sculptures to plushies, and from videos to gifs.

We hope to feature your art next time, so… keep creating!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Fuin.1204

Fuin.1204

merry chrimbo Gaile & Lizzie…hope you and your loved ones have a magikal time.
Hem x

Attachments:

in Community Creations

Posted by: Brown Fang Thump.9482

Brown Fang Thump.9482

Here’s a bit of Wintersday nostalgia from 2012, straight from our guild site’s gallery page.

!http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Jm1A0wzDxDI/UNI9Yz58edI/AAAAAAAAAR8/eJzsFF324WM/s400/Wintersday_Borderlands.jpg!

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I wanted to remind the creative folks that we’re still looking for a lot of Wintersday art for our Community Showcase Live stream on December 16:

• videos
  • drawings
  • sculptures
  • plushies
  • decorations
  • music

If you make it, we’ll try to show it, so….

Keep creating!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Community Creations

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

When’s the deadline? I’m coming home from abroad on December 11 :/

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

When’s the deadline? I’m coming home from abroad on December 11 :/

We’re curating art now, and hope to have things finalized by December 8th or so. But worry not — we’ll be featuring art from last year’s Wintersday celebration, too! So if you have something you’re going to show, and if it doesn’t get posted by the time we need to lock down the list of featured art, it may very well be chosen for next year’s show.

Thanks for asking, and I look forward to seeing what you create!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Community Creations

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

What about music?

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Serenity.4850

Serenity.4850

Here’s an artpiece created by me for this years advent calender provided by gw2community.de:
http://serenitysartblog.tumblr.com/post/134299700813/im-finally-allowed-to-upload-it-this-years

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

What about music?

Music is always welcome. I actually came across a piece of music that I just love. It was created by… well… you!

The CSL show is mostly about visual art of all kinds, but I do want to find a way to incorporate music, as well. I was thinking a piece of user-created music would make a beautiful end piece or might be nicely dovetailed with a montage of images. If you have ideas, I’d like to hear them, but music is close to my soul, and yes, it’s definitely a desired part of the show.

(And thank you for your beautiful creations!)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Community Creations

Posted by: Name.9128

Name.9128

What about music?

Music is always welcome. I actually came across a piece of music that I just love. It was created by… well… you!

The CSL show is mostly about visual art of all kinds, but I do want to find a way to incorporate music, as well. I was thinking a piece of user-created music would make a beautiful end piece or might be nicely dovetailed with a montage of images. If you have ideas, I’d like to hear them, but music is close to my soul, and yes, it’s definitely a desired part of the show.

(And thank you for your beautiful creations!)

Having a portion play as an intro to the video and outro could work too, also leaving a link to the full version in the video description would be nice for the artist.

-Skydis

in Community Creations

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Gaile: Here is a little something to put everyone in the Wintersday spirit.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/creations/A-Wintersday-Wonderland/first#post5826138

in Community Creations

Posted by: Jenna.1086

Jenna.1086

Here is a Wintersday Carol by myself (Sharm) and Sammpo! I understand it may be tricky to feature copyright content but it’s a nice fun way to wish everyone a happy Wintersday too

https://youtu.be/2Xq-qpk2NWU

in Community Creations

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Is there going to be another one? I just finished a short story about Wintersday, and I’d like to showcase it.

Also, I can’t find the tumblr link.

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Is there going to be another one? I just finished a short story about Wintersday, and I’d like to showcase it.

Here’s that Tumblr link for you: http://guildwars2.tumblr.com/

And yes, we will be featuring Wintersday art at the end of 2016, and that show will feature art created during the current festival and throughout the year. It’s not generally feasible for us to showcase fan fiction — the show being visual in orientation — but this sub-forum is a great place to share that work, and we hope that you will post when you’ve finished your project!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Community Creations

Previous

Gaile Gray

I just want to say that there is a lot of marvelous new Wintersday art on our Tumblr page, art that came in over the last few weeks. Because the December CSL show was actually scheduled, and art selected, only a day or two after the start of this year’s festival, we knew that the bulk of our art work would come from last year’s submissions. And because we didn’t even have Community Showcase Live last year, that was great — we had a treasure trove of art to highlight!

This year, I see all these wonderful art works and I’m torn. I mean, we could feature them in January, as it’s still Winter, right? But then… what how does that impact our Wintersday show in December 2016? With the lead time needed, and the start of the festival being about the same time as the show, if we feature the art now we’d find ourselves with a shortage of art for that holiday show — and that holiday show is one we really love!

So… I’m going to ask for your forbearance, and let those of you who submitted Wintersday art know that we will be looking at the forums and Tumblr in late November/early December of this new year in order to select from the fantastic pieces that have been submitted, as well as those that are yet to come. ~hint~

Thank you, once again, for being the wonderful, creative people that you are!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Community Creations

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Here’s that Tumblr link for you: http://guildwars2.tumblr.com/

And yes, we will be featuring Wintersday art at the end of 2016, and that show will feature art created during the current festival and throughout the year. It’s not generally feasible for us to showcase fan fiction — the show being visual in orientation — but this sub-forum is a great place to share that work, and we hope that you will post when you’ve finished your project!

That’s the thing, Gaile. My story is a short story, and it’s already finished. And I remember you telling me once that you would showcase short stories.