Wooden Potatoes Critique

Wooden Potatoes Critique

in Community Creations

Posted by: ObsidianSaint.1079

ObsidianSaint.1079

I didn’t make this video but I absolutely agree with everything he says. The devs REALLY need to watch this video and take some notes.

He isn’t completely slating ArenaNet and is giving them feedback in a clear manner. He gives both pros and cons of the new patch and I just want to bring this to the devs attention. I’m pretty sure they should have seen it already though.

Worth a watch and would like to know if everyone else agrees.

Wooden Potatoes Critique

in Community Creations

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I hate Wooden Potatoes.

Wooden Potatoes Critique

in Community Creations

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I hate Wooden Potatoes.

I don’t hate the guy, but he does bore the pants off me. :P

I’ve tried listening but I just can’t, just drones on forever.

Wooden Potatoes Critique

in Community Creations

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

I somewhat disagree about the handholding part. I must’ve read the “Where in the hell is the Whatshername the miner at?” line on local/guild chat or TS at least 20 times…
People are generally idjits in the sense that they have none. On top of that everyone complains about everything good or bad in this game, even if it doesn’t concern or influence them in any way.
For me personally, I’d love if they gave us only hints and left us to our own devices and investigations (with assistance from dynamic detective duo, wide-eyed kitty tracker, child prodigy and meat hunk.. allot of perfect opportunities for character development), but as far as the health of the game goes, I’d say no dice.

I also disagree (or maybe better put, agree that it’s just him being jaded by Scarlets story) about the sylvari part. Probably because I don’t really care which races/classes are our protagonists and antagonists.

As far as everything else goes I generally agree with him.

EDIT: Also, apparently Kasmer has some sort of a gift, and that’s the reason she can tell if someone is lying sometimes (it’s been hinted at before this patch a couple of times but this is the first time they said it up straight), not because she’s a mesmer.
Personally, I’m having doubts about the way Kasmer is being set up power-wise.. I don’t want her to become the next Mary Sue.

(edited by Freeelancer.2860)

Wooden Potatoes Critique

in Community Creations

Boneheart.3561

I hate Wooden Potatoes.

I don’t hate the guy, but he does bore the pants off me. :P

I’ve tried listening but I just can’t, just drones on forever.

I’m watched two videos, he came off as pompous.

Wooden Potatoes Critique

in Community Creations

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I can’t tell you how many guildies asked, “Where is Miner Toska?”

“The mine. Seriously?”

“Oh.”

This game teaches quite a bit of laziness and bad habits, it’ll be interesting to see if they can break the mold this far along.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Wooden Potatoes Critique

in Community Creations

Boneheart.3561

I can’t tell you how many guildies asked, “Where is Miner Toska?”

“The mine. Seriously?”

“Oh.”

This game teaches quite a bit of laziness and bad habits, it’ll be interesting to see if they can break the mold this far along.

The Mystic Forge can be easily located on the map, namely if you’ve discovered the Point of Interest before. Can you guess what the number one question, for at least the last two months, has been in Lion’s Arch?

Wooden Potatoes Critique

in Community Creations

Posted by: ObsidianSaint.1079

ObsidianSaint.1079

Well maybe they could make use of the small circle on the map that they use for the events. This would encourage using ones brain and also help with the “idgits” who can’t figure that a miner would be in a mine.

Wooden Potatoes Critique

in Community Creations

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

I think he is bang on.

As for pompous, he is gifted with a clear voice and being able to talk fluidly. If that is pompous, then I don’t know what to say…