WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

I’m not him obviously.
I just post his video here because I consider it important feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qavTsIMGgnQ

Personally I fully believe that he should become a 40 man instanced guild mission, and leave an easier, less rewarding, version on the outside world, with a strict timer, that relies on all the event’s of the surrounding area.

…and don’t be toxic!

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: PokerTuna.6170

PokerTuna.6170

Less rewarding? It’s is already one big laugh…

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

If it was important, he could post it on these forums himself, instead of farming youtube views.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I think that if Tequatl is the standard for difficulty that Anet wants to set for future updates then we’re going to have a bad time in the next year.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I think a problem is that there is currently no other living story content out that people are interested in doing. So everyone is camped in Sparkfly Fen. There just needs to be a reason for people to leave.

P.S. I’m not gonna watch a 30 minute video about someone complaining.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

If it was important, he could post it on these forums himself, instead of farming youtube views.

OP considers it important, not Wooden Potatoes himself. Not only that, but if he posted it himself wouldn’t that be the very definition of “farming” youtube views? Besides, what is the point of this post other than flamebaiting?

Anyways, needless to say I agree with his take on the event 101%!

TL;DR of the video for those that don’t want to watch it:
- Tequila is a great thing to happen to GW2
- The content is fun and different from the usual GW2 stuff, which is good
- It is polluted from issues such as overflows and build diversity, or badly designed achievements
- Arenanet should release more content like this, but not before addressing those issues because they make frustrating an otherwise excellent experience

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

I think a problem is that there is currently no other living story content out that people are interested in doing. So everyone is camped in Sparkfly Fen. There just needs to be a reason for people to leave.

He doesn’t spend 30 minutes complaining though. He actually likes the fact that ArenaNet made this change to Tequatl. It showed that they really do want to create content that is both hardcore and large in scale at the same time. Many people believed that you had to sacrifice one for the other.

What he had an issue with was that the fight couldn’t be enjoyed by lower population servers. He happens to be on one himself. It’s not that those servers have less than 80 people on at a time, it’s more like whoever is on them will guest to higher population servers to complete the event. He also thinks the overflow system needs a bit of work. One of the ideas he suggested was to have a district system like in the original Guild Wars so that you can specify which overflow you want to go in instead of being thrown in a totally random one.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

AntiGw.9367

OP considers it important, not Wooden Potatoes himself. Not only that, but if he posted it himself wouldn’t that be the very definition of “farming” youtube views? Besides, what is the point of this post other than flamebaiting?

The point is that advertising some guy’s talking on youtube for half an hour that could be summed up in 5 lines of forum text is not “feedback”, but attention whoring.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Wooden taters is right…. the waiting for the spawn..sitting around doing nothing at all, either trying to get a spot on the main server or clutching onto your spot with your life…it’s all boring as hell.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think the boss fight itself is quite fun, although the timer might need to be relaxed a little. 20 minutes should be enough to allow the people stuck in Overflows a decent chance to complete it if players are experienced and know what to do, even without Commanders to direct them. That should take some of the resentment out of not being able to get into main servers, since even Overflows should have a fair chance of beating it.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Since we are making pointless posts: I think it’s funny your name is AntiGw complaining about youtube videos about GW2. :p

(edited by KOPPER.1458)

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I think he makes some very good points though.

For one, the whole no guaranteed time spawn (sure you can camp the timer, but its the same waiting game you do in game too). And it is definitely something that I think the lower population servers would probably benefit if it was a guaranteed time you could plan around. All day today my server barely had 10 people at Tequatl and was zero overflow, it seems everyone has given up or stopped bothering.

The achievements thing is something that popped into my head the first time I was skimming some of the achievements. Having achievements go against the productivity of fighting the boss is a little weird. Granted they don’t take you out of the fight too much. But in the fights current state, if any amount of people working on hunting the treasure in the pool, or tail swipe could definitely take away from the chances of winning.

And of course the whole overflow thing has been beaten to death. :P

But I do think some of the criticisms he brought up should be looked at by the devs when they make the other boss fights or something.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I think that the reason why they did not instance it into a area was a design decision to allow random people to experience it. Otherwise I likely would have never experienced the content.

Now that more and more servers are beating the event more and more often. Less and less players are complaining.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

I think that the reason why they did not instance it into a area was a design decision to allow random people to experience it. Otherwise I likely would have never experienced the content.

Now that more and more servers are beating the event more and more often. Less and less players are complaining.

I am not sure if more servers are beating it or organized groups moving around to do it. I would have to say that probably 80% of the population has not beaten Teq. Just a guess. The organized groups on SoR moved to an overflow to avoid AFKers this evening. I tried to get in but could not since it was full. It is not fun waiting and waiting. The fight is pretty straightforward, however, there are so many roadblock on trying to beat it that it makes it not fun and just plain frustrating.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I am not sure if more servers are beating it or organized groups moving around to do it. I would have to say that probably 80% of the population has not beaten Teq. Just a guess. The organized groups on SoR moved to an overflow to avoid AFKers this evening. I tried to get in but could not since it was full. It is not fun waiting and waiting. The fight is pretty straightforward, however, there are so many roadblock on trying to beat it that it makes it not fun and just plain frustrating.

The overflow take-downs likely are organized groups. However…… There are other servers like mine that have learned the strategy and are implementing it with a bit of success. The strategy is not hard. I don’t even consider it needs any voice coms to beat. It just needs some organization before the event. (Just to setup the turret groups as they are so vital) and players learning the strategy.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think that if Tequatl is the standard for difficulty that Anet wants to set for future updates then we’re going to have a bad time in the next year.

I think Tequatl is just a prototype for what Anet wants out of the most difficult world bosses – I suspect the other dragon champs (Shatterer, Claw of Jormag, Megadestroyer), and select other world bosses (Karka Queen, possibly some future ones in higher level areas) in order to make them “raid content” feeling.

I doubt that all world bosses will be put that way, especially starter zone bosses like Shadow Behemoth.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

The point is that advertising some guy’s talking on youtube for half an hour that could be summed up in 5 lines of forum text is not “feedback”, but attention whoring.

Did you watch the video? I guess not.

First of all: The video WP made is an advertise for this boss fight. He really likes it.
Secondly: After the good WP explains what he find bad and ugly. And he does this with arguments. And that took 32 minutes.

I wanted to make a post to draw more attention to this video. As it is an fine example of how to make an entertaining, informative video about content and give feedback in a positive way. OP already did. You totally missed the point.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

That’s a really good review of teq. He had really good reasoning behind his critique.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

The good about he video: I really like the idea of numbered overflows and people choosing which overflow the will join.
I also like the idea of faster check for AFK players.
While I don’t personally like the idea of a strict timer, I think that practicality of it far outweights the tension building or RP aspect of it, and I agree that increasing the time between spawns would be beneficial (with maaybe a bit more rewards).

The bad about the video: I think that WP is contradicting himself with regards to zerker builds. If someone is willing to change their traits, utilities and weapons, doesn’t that completely alleviate the issue of “on crit” traits, builds etc. ? Besides, exotic gear is not nearly that hard to come by as he is making it out to be, especially 1yr after the game release. In fact Soldiers gear is one of the most easy to come by since they can be purchased for karma from temples, and karma is even more easy to come by then glory..
As far as the condi builds go, the issue is the same as with zerker, but there is also the engine limitation problem.
I also think that, like in the raids, majority of the population will eventually learn to deal with the Tequatl. They will definitely take more time to learn how to fight it then organized guild raids but that’s ok with me. I prefer the feeling of working together with your entire server, and with future updates it might even go a long way in building server pride and maybe even server fidelity. Besides, as it has been reiterated on multiple occasions on the forums, dungeons were hard content when they came out, but today even the lowliest pugs have a chance to finish them successfully.

Nothing ugly about the video, I found it quite interesting.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

AntiGw.9367

Did you watch the video? I guess not.

No.

First of all: The video WP made is an advertise for this boss fight. He really likes it.
Secondly: After the good WP explains what he find bad and ugly. And he does this with arguments. And that took 32 minutes.

Whatever.

I wanted to make a post to draw more attention to this video. As it is an fine example of how to make an entertaining, informative video about content and give feedback in a positive way. OP already did. You totally missed the point.

Th only thing OP did was make a “go watch this long video for feedback” topic.

If you want to post WPs feedback here, even though WP himself can’t be kitten d to do it himself for some reason (can’t go back to being a nobody on the forums?), you need to post at least a decent summary of the video.

You missed the point yourself. I don’t think you should post topics that just want people to watch a long video, which could be summarized in 5 text lines on the forum. That is not feedback, it’s not useful, and it’s advertisement.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

His name is AntiGW. I wouldn’t take anything he says too seriously since he is probably here to rile people up.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

The good about he video: I really like the idea of numbered overflows and people choosing which overflow the will join.
While I don’t personally like the idea of a strict timer, I think that practicality of it far outweights the tension building or RP aspect of it, and I agree that increasing the time between spawns would be beneficial (with maaybe a bit more rewards).

The bad about the video: I think that WP is contradicting himself with regards to zerker builds. If someone is willing to change their traits, utilities and weapons, doesn’t that completely alleviate the issue of “on crit” traits, builds etc. ? Besides, exotic gear is not nearly that hard to come by as he is making it out to be, especially 1yr after the game release. In fact Soldiers gear is one of the most easy to come by since they can be purchased for karma from temples, and karma is even more easy to come by then glory..
As far as the condi builds go, the issue is the same as with zerker, but there is also the engine limitation problem.
I also think that, like in the raids, majority of the population will eventually learn to deal with the Tequatl. They will definitely take more time to learn how to fight it then organized guild raids but that’s ok with me. I prefer the feeling of working together with your entire server, and with future updates it might even go a long way in building server pride and maybe even server fidelity. Besides, as it has been reiterated on multiple occasions on the forums, dungeons were hard content when they came out, but today even the lowliest pugs have a chance to finish them successfully.

I disagree with you on the point about ‘most people will eventually learn to beat Teq’. Most people already know the theory, it’s getting the numbers and the organisation that is the hard bit.

Most people have better things to do with their limited leisure time than stand around and jump overflows for hours on end on the off chance they manage to get into the server they want in order to have a snowball’s chance in hell of beating it.

This is the fatal flaw. One troll or group of trolls can ruin literally your entire day’s work.

How long will people continue to want to stand and plan after they have beaten it a couple of times? Probably the same people that like doing the same fractals every day …ie not a lot.

Sure, it feels great to organise and beat it the first time- but the 20th? How many are going to wait hours and hours for that one?

As a fine example of my experience: loaded into an overflow, so no idea when Teq might spawn- could be now, could be over 2 hours standing doing nothing. Ask in map chat whether people think there is a chance of winning- almost everyone said ‘no’, apart from the usual one deluded newbie who then spouted forth about noobs, etc. The only reason most were there was for the achievement (this was told to me in several languages, which is another problem in EU servers).

What the highly organised servers and Anet need to realise is that the casual majority in the game won’t buy a whole new set of armor, buy foods, log onto ts, etc just to fight one boss- they will just turn up a few times, then decide not to bother and go and do something else.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Chiara.9827

Chiara.9827

I support everything he says in that video.

The huge waiting time and difficulty to get in a good group kill all the fun, but finally overcoming it after three days of tries was awesome, I loved it and I also loved feeling useful while doing so, I had the right equip, the consumables, I was standing in the right places, ressing back, avoiding the turrets, spamming ice bows, giving instructions to my small guild on TS (Gandara’s first kill was nowhere as organized as many others were, we had several groups acting independently I think but we worked well together.

It is a lot like raiding. Setting up sometimes is awful, the execution might result in frustration if failing too much, but you keep learning and when you succeed… best thing ever

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I havent clicked the link, cant be bothered to watch any video where the person promoting it doesnt care enough to give a quick overview of the content. Judging from people a posts down saying its 30 minutes long, I made the right choice.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

I think Tequatl is just a prototype for what Anet wants out of the most difficult world bosses – I suspect the other dragon champs (Shatterer, Claw of Jormag, Megadestroyer), and select other world bosses (Karka Queen, possibly some future ones in higher level areas) in order to make them “raid content” feeling.

I doubt that all world bosses will be put that way, especially starter zone bosses like Shadow Behemoth.

actually i hope your right on it being those ones only and that wouldnt bother me its only certain ones that get a big buff where the other gets small buffs only. so people like me can still do the that we want

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

actually op i think its a great review and hes right about a lot of the event

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Kite.2510

I mostly watch Wooden Potatoes for his lore videos and his occasional guide, but apparently he always have a lot to say.

Lack of build Diversity is a GIGANTIC PROBLEM in GW2, and by that I don’t mean that there are not enough builds. The problem is that A-net doesn’t encourage other builds, and this fight is a prime example.

I made a suggestion some time a ago (feel free to comment it), where I mentioned ways the bosses could be designed to encourage non-DPS builds.
My VERY FIRST suggestion there was NOT to make Time your enemy, and that’s exactly what is happening in this fight!
I understand that since this is an open world event, there Has to be a clear way to decide the criteria for the Event to fail, and apparently a Time limit here appears to be the best option.
However, if the event was Instanced (Guild Mission that I suggested in the OP), then A-net could play with the rules as they do with the dungeons, by not allowing WPrespawn, and set the condition for failure to be a full wipe instead of a time limit!

…and don’t be toxic!

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Why does WoodenPotatos feel the need to constantly make overly long videos? If you can’t sum up what you like, what you don’t like, and what you feel needs to be changed about Tequatl in about 5 minutes, your opinion isn’t worth listening to.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The bad about the video: I think that WP is contradicting himself with regards to zerker builds. If someone is willing to change their traits, utilities and weapons, doesn’t that completely alleviate the issue of “on crit” traits, builds etc. ? Besides, exotic gear is not nearly that hard to come by as he is making it out to be, especially 1yr after the game release. In fact Soldiers gear is one of the most easy to come by since they can be purchased for karma from temples, and karma is even more easy to come by then glory.

This is where I have to disagree with you. Yes, exotic gear is easy to come by. Assuming you have tons of gold. I recently picked up a set of Knight’s armor just because of this event (my Dire armor was, naturally, useless for the world event). Now, Knight’s isn’t even that pricy, and I picked up the ugly as sin craftable armor.

That alone took half my gold. I play for a few hours a day, but I’m working toward Frostfang. Yes, I could have gone to a temple to get some Soldier’s gear, but guess what? Nobody opened them! Nobody is in Orr anymore outside of a couple of Grenth attempts (that usually fail).

So yes, aquiring this gear is still a significant amount of effort.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

@ Soldier’s gear

It’s unfortunate they nerfed karma, if someone is saving up for a legendary, or recently spent most of their karma, and they don’t actively run dungeons, getting some other stat sets may be far easier for them, and like wooden potatoes said, it would all be for one fight, which most people aren’t going to do. Also, that the person will have possibly eleven new pieces taking up inventory space just for the teq fight (atm), not counting soldier weapons.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

He’s got some really great points and I hope him using his popularity like this will get ANet to pay somewhat attention to some of his points.

He’s spot on with things like having to wait around for a random spawn and servers not having a great way to organise specific times.

And some of the achievements! Yes! The utterly stupid and selfish ones like finding the treasure, dodging the tail or going to the 3 different batteries. ANet does this so often: achievements that promote selfishness and even griefing (I’m looking at you Aspect Arena and Dragon Ball.) Why haven’t the learned not to do this yet?

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The utterly stupid and selfish ones like finding the treasure, dodging the tail or going to the 3 different batteries.

Going to the 3 batteries is a good achievement design. It rewards you for doing what you are supposed to be doing (defending the batteries). The only thing it changes is that you go to a different one each megalaser phase instead of the same one each time. I wouldn’t call that “stupid or selfish”.

I’m a Geeleiver

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I’m not him obviously.

Personally I fully believe that he should become a 40 man instanced guild mission, and leave an easier, less rewarding, version on the outside world, with a strict timer, that relies on all the event’s of the surrounding area.

I think so too, a guild mission that scales from 10-40+ people, and the overworld version can be slightly easier with a longer timer or something.

I refuse to partake in stupid zerg fests no matter how good your boss fight is, I’m done zerging in this game, yawn.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Kite.2510

I’m not him obviously.

I think so too, a guild mission that scales from 10-40+ people, and the overworld version can be slightly easier with a longer timer or something.

I refuse to partake in stupid zerg fests no matter how good your boss fight is, I’m done zerging in this game, yawn.

I believe that the Instanced Mission should scale on 40-100 persons.
This is the first Raid content, and it’s designed with multiple objectives and roles in combat for a large number of players.

Just think for example that 6 people will mount the turrets. If it was a 10 man event, that would leave only 4 people actually approaching the boss to DPS it, there would be none for adds. If the event is tweaked so it wont have adds or any other threat on those on Turrets, then Wipe would no longer be an objective for failure and we’ll be right back where we started with the time limit demanding DPS builds, plus the fight would become easier and we don’t want that. Besides there are already are plenty small team Guild missions out there, and the game desperately needed a big raid mission!

The only reason I suggested as low as 40 people instead of 80 (the current suggested number) is for smaller guilds to have a chance in participating.

…and don’t be toxic!

(edited by Kite.2510)

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Why does WoodenPotatos feel the need to constantly make overly long videos? If you can’t sum up what you like, what you don’t like, and what you feel needs to be changed about Tequatl in about 5 minutes, your opinion isn’t worth listening to.

It’s an in-depth review of the content, provided insights into -why- things about Teq are good, bad or ugly. It requires time to actually discuss these features. A 5-minute summation (“I like this, I hate this, goodbye.”) would be dull and pointless.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

The thing is he is one of the higher “populated” servers, Ehmry Bay is probably top 10 in terms of population. Now think of all the servers that are less populated than his. He had trouble doing it on his, but there are servers with less players.

On ET literally 35 people showed up the first night. When we knew it was impossible we just guested to T1 servers, and that created a chain reaction of overflows etc.

This event basically showed players that Anet’s server classifications are BG. Not all servers are “High” like they claim. There are many servers that are “Low” and “Medium”. There is a huge difference between ET compared to EB as an example.

I agree with him on that, individual servers should be able to do it themselves, so they should scale these events to 30/40/50+ players instead of 80+ players.

(edited by Xcom.1926)

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I’m not him obviously.

Agreed, with everything but the “less rewarding” part. Reward is a joke as it is already.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

His name is AntiGW. I wouldn’t take anything he says too seriously since he is probably here to rile people up.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that sees this

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Going to the 3 batteries is a good achievement design. It rewards you for doing what you are supposed to be doing (defending the batteries). The only thing it changes is that you go to a different one each megalaser phase instead of the same one each time. I wouldn’t call that “stupid or selfish”.

If it ends up with an imbalance between number of players at specific locations, it can be.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I’m not him obviously.

This is the first Raid content, and it’s designed with multiple objectives and roles in combat for a large number of players.

Just think for example that 6 people will mount the turrets. If it was a 10 man event, that would leave only 4 people actually approaching the boss to DPS it, there would be none for adds. If the event is tweaked so it wont have adds or any other threat on those on Turrets, then Wipe would no longer be an objective for failure and we’ll be right back where we started with the time limit demanding DPS builds, plus the fight would become easier and we don’t want that. Besides there are already are plenty small team Guild missions out there, and the game desperately needed a big raid mission!

The only reason I suggested as low as 40 people instead of 80 (the current suggested number) is for smaller guilds to have a chance in participating.

I meant scaling, like it could be raid content that actually scales to amount of people you take in, so it could essentially be a 10 man raid, or 20 man raid, or 40 man raid, etc, would scale just like events scale, except also have other things scale like the amount of turrets required and available.

Like 1 turret per 12 people or something.

And still 80 people is too much, I’d do no more than 50-60 personally, but if it scaled fine, let it go up past 100 then for giant guilds.

40 people isn’t a small guild, for a raid, a small guild is like 10-20 man stuff tops.

It could work really easily too, people plant the guild mission flag thing, guildies run up and enter the instance then the pre-teq events are up and the people start em at their leisure, beat it and you get the guild mission rewards, they could also have a hardmode version.

(edited by Knote.2904)

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If it ends up with an imbalance between number of players at specific locations, it can be.

If it did that, then yes. However, I have never seen it happen that way. While you may go to North, then East, then West, others will go West, North, then East and other combinations. It actually introduces no problems at all in going for that achievement because the only risk it creates is there at the same level anyway, regardless of the achievement’s presence.

I’m a Geeleiver

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Kite.2510

I’m not him obviously.

I meant scaling, like it could be raid content that actually scales to amount of people you take in, so it could essentially be a 10 man raid, or 20 man raid, or 40 man raid, etc, would scale just like events scale, except also have other things scale like the amount of turrets required and available.

Like 1 turret per 12 people or something.

And still 80 people is too much, I’d do no more than 50-60 personally, but if it scaled fine, let it go up past 100 then for giant guilds.

40 people isn’t a small guild, for a raid, a small guild is like 10-20 man stuff tops.

It could work really easily too, people plant the guild mission flag thing, guildies run up and enter the instance then the pre-teq events are up and the people start em at their leisure, beat it and you get the guild mission rewards, they could also have a hardmode version.

Obviously I the said 40man instance should be scaleable if more people come.
40 people should just be the minimum.

A 10man instance would hardly be called raid content…
Also that’s hardly an epic dragon fight.
There are already plenty of content that require that amount of players including the existing guild missions.

This however is “Elite Content” with “Extreme Difficulty” requiring “High co-ordination”. If there are just 10 people, the level of coordination required is minimal, which makes the content easier, and the battle with that dragon suddenly stops being epic if it isn’t fought by an army…

I love the current content’s scale and difficulty, and my decision to say that it should be a 40+man instance didn’t came easy!

The thing I don’t like is that the people you are fighting this with are always random, with plenty of spots for bystanders. Also the Timer…
Those are the things that made me believe it should be an instance and no other reason!

…and don’t be toxic!

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

That is some great and well-rounded feedback. Hope Anet watches it. +1’ed

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Wooden Potatoes doesn’t really complain in his videos. He offers constructive feedback almost all the time. The only one complaining is you, about his video.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

I’m sure if it was hald an hour of “i love everything ANet does and if someone complains deserve to die”, would be good “feedback”, right?

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Aberrant.6749

So TL:DR has become TL:DW…

People can’t even be bothered to have it playing audio in the background while you’re doing something else.

Tarnished Coast

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

It’s an in-depth review of the content, provided insights into -why- things about Teq are good, bad or ugly. It requires time to actually discuss these features. A 5-minute summation (“I like this, I hate this, goodbye.”) would be dull and pointless.

Did it take you 5 minutes to type “I like this, I hate this, Goodbye” or 5 seconds?

You can quickly summarize your opinion on something. I just feel WP makes his videos too long to get to his point, thus I don’t watch his videos anymore. I wouldn’t take 30 minutes to read someone post on their opinions on just about ANYTHING. A video makes no difference.

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Lucky.9421

You already spent so much time arguing about it! Jeez….

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Lucky.9421

Guys let me type all these words to tell you how much I don’t care.

Guys?

WoodenPotatoes Feedback.

in Community Creations

Aberrant.6749

Not everything is better when concenced into the shortest format.

Lol… a review of the teq fight moved to the black hole that is linksville.

Yes it has a link in it… but it’s about teq and should have remained there. Why hasn’t every single WvW blob video been moved here if the reason is that it refers to a link?

Tarnished Coast