Community Challenge - Champion Solos

in In-game Events

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Now that the contest is live, please read the submission format.

Entry format – Please state:
Account Name
Character name
Class
Challenge category
Link to video – Video proof is required. If you cannot record, get a friend who can.

Example:
TheKillerAngel.3596
Alison Taylor
Warrior
Tier 2 Challenge – Solo Korga the Mighty
[insert youtube link]

Notes on video submissions
You a must have ready a copy of your video with no speed editing so we can get a definite timestamp.
The start of the fight will be considered to be the point you engage the enemy in direct combat. (You can drop banner/stack buffs and this will not be considered as part of the fight length)
The end of the fight is when the boss dies.

Original Text

Figured I might add something interesting to the mix.

I’d be curious to see what else our community can do, in way of soloing difficult enemies. To that extent, I’m starting a community challenge, wherein the person to record a video of them soloing the following enemies fastest gets a certain amount of prize money. The goal of this is to see if anyone can solo some bosses that have no known completed soloes.

The total prize pool will be 200g, to be split across various challenges.
The challenge will begin on October 1, 2013, 12:00 AM GMT.
Contestants will have 168 hours (1 week) to submit entries
The fastest recorded contestant in each category will be declared the winner in that category.
Contestants may enter multiple categories, but only 1 entry per category. This means you cannot submit multiple videos for 1 fight.

Rules:
1. Any build is acceptable.
2. Any class is acceptable.
3. Any booster is acceptable.
4. Any nourishment is acceptable.
5. You may not use consumable summoned allies, unless otherwise noted.
6. You may not use bundle items extraneous to the boss encounter, unless otherwise noted.
7. You must rely on your own skills to defeat the boss. You cannot have a buddy drop banners for you then AFK the rest of the fight. You cannot have a buddy with empower allies stand in combat next to you, etc. You cannot have a Guardian with AoE Virtue of Resolve stand near you. Things such as this are not acceptable.
8. You may not glitch terrain or stand in an area to fight the boss where it cannot attack you.
9. You may not interfere with the enemy AI in a way that disables their key mechanics.
10. You may not rely on third party programs to assist you in completing the encounter.
11. You may use any profession mechanic available to you insofar as it does not contravene the above rules (stealing items, reflects, blinks to interrupt animations etc are all acceptable).

Additional terms:
1. If you have previously soloed any of these bosses, you may not use a recording of your past attempt as an entry into this contest.
2. Contestants may submit their entries to this thread or to me via private messaging.
3. If you are not capable of recording, it is acceptable to have a friend or 3rd party record for you, as long as none of the contest rules are violated.
4. Upon conclusion of the contest, payout will be given within 72 hours.
5. Challenges that are left unfinished will either remain outstanding beyond the duration of the contest, with the possibility of the reward increasing.

Entry format – Please state:

Account Name
Character name
Class
Challenge category
Link to video

Example:
TheKillerAngel.3596
Alison Taylor
Warrior
Tier 2 Challenge – Solo Korga the Mighty
[insert youtube link]

Note: boss list is incomplete.

God-tier challenges: 50g each (I do not expect these to be completed). Rules 5 and 6 are exempted for these fights insofar as they are not used to contradict rules 8 and 9.

1. Defeat the Legendary Imbued Shaman at Fractal 48.
Whichever team can duo this at level 48 will be rewarded 100g to be split among 2 players.

Tier 1 challenges (20g each)

1. Solo the Champion Destroyer Crab in CoE P3. – COMPLETED
2. Solo Mossman in Fractal 30 – COMPLETED

Tier 2 challenges (10g each)

1. Solo Korga, Lord of the Orrian Gorillas in Arah P1.
2. Solo the Champion Risen King in Azabe Qabar, the Royal Tombs. – COMPLETED
3. Solo the Legendary Svanigandr in Honor of the Waves P3.
4. [Replacement for Vevina pending]

Tier 3 challenges (5g each)

1. Solo Champion Frainn in Timberline Falls – COMPLETED
2. Solo the Champion Risen Captain in Straits of Devastation (Chapel of Lady Glaive)
3. Solo Kudu in Crucible of Eternity, Story Mode
4. Solo the Champion Orrian Drake in Arah.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

(edited by TheKillerAngel.3596)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I think you should give 20 silver reward for killing Lupicus. He has already been beaten to death.
Is staff from Korga allowed on Simin (assuming it even works)?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in In-game Events

TheKillerAngel.3596

I think you should give 20 silver reward for killing Lupicus. He has already been beaten to death.

I know he has been beaten to death, but I want to push the community even further and see if he can be killed in under 5, or even 4 minutes by 1 person. But for the reason you mentioned, I was tempted to make him a Tier 3 challenge.

If you have any bosses in mind, please suggest them.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Yes see I like this idea and all, but you might want to adjust some things, if we’re gonna put a time challenge and allow all classes, warriors are going to win, the shaman is literally impossible for 5/8 classes, and on lvl 48, I agree, godmode, but while Ill be as stupid as to actually try it, Im quite sure its impossible. Lupicus has been done so many times you can just be directed to https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Compilation-of-Lupicus-Speedclears/page/5#post2873671, and start handing out money, put something like, sub 5 kill for warrior, sub x kill for class x, people wont be starting anything if they’re not motivated specifically.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

in In-game Events

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Id just remove lupi from the list and focus on other bosses/champs.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Might wanna add that AI glitching is not allowed. Otherwise you’re gonna lose 50g pretty quickly to the first one to bug Simin and solo her without her stealthing.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in In-game Events

TheKillerAngel.3596

Is staff from Korga allowed on Simin (assuming it even works)?

I think said staff would count as a bundle item extraneous to the encounter, which is allowed, but if it disables any of her key mechanics it wouldn’t be.

Might wanna add that AI glitching is not allowed. Otherwise you’re gonna lose 50g pretty quickly to the first one to bug Simin and solo her without her stealthing.

Done.

in In-game Events

Sanderinoa.8065

Also, getting simin out completely may be a good idea, simin isnt a hard boss, she’s a dps test

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

in In-game Events

TheKillerAngel.3596

Also, getting simin out completely may be a good idea, simin isnt a hard boss, she’s a dps test

I’ll consider that. Do you suggest any other bosses that are ludicrously difficult, if not nearly impossible to beat 1v1 for the God-tier category? And other bosses in general – I am figuring out ways to fill out the prize pool. I may split the challenges into a “first kill” and “solo speed” categories.

(edited by TheKillerAngel.3596)

in In-game Events

Sanderinoa.8065

I’ll consider that. Do you suggest any other bosses that are ludicrously difficult, if not nearly impossible to beat 1v1?

While I should be having quite some expertise with that, the only things I am currently thinking of are second archdiviner and mossman at high lvl, but archie is mainly just a horrible pain with his cage fettish and mossman…mehh. Ill think of something though

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

Soloing Simin without glitching is impossible since stability abuse and standing inside her for never getting petrified is a glitch. I dont think it is possible without that method because you cant do enough dmg while you have to throw tears

Edit: what about Melandru :P

[rT]

(edited by Anubarak.3012)

in In-game Events

Sanderinoa.8065

Soloing Simin without glitching is impossible since stability abuse and standing inside her for never getting petrified is a glitch. I dont think it is possible without that method because you cant do enough dmg while you have to throw tears

Ha! I didnt even think about that, and as for Melandru, I’d like to use a nice quote from Brazil :

If you do that, I’m going to cut my arms off.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

Ha! I didnt even think about that, and as for Melandru, I’d like to use a nice quote from Brazil :

If you do that, I’m going to cut my arms off.

I Didn’t say you should melee him but it’s actually possible… It’s a pain but it’s possible you just have to be really lucky and a person without other hobbies or friends.
I tried it with my pony-shortbow thief but broke up after 25 min of kiting aroung

[rT]

in In-game Events

TheKillerAngel.3596

I agree with you that Simin is a DPS check rather than a truly difficult fight, and will replace her with something else.

in In-game Events

Posted by: design.6057

design.6057

Vevina! not sure if people have gotten around to that yet though.

Sorrow Night / Seven Truths

in In-game Events

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Whoa, Vevina would be one i’d probably try. Less for the money, more for the “fun”

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

I would like to see a “Champion Risen – Archmage” to be soloed, tryed it today a few times, she literally kitten-slapped me to death (but with lightnings)

Also that Eye Of Zhaitan is really easy, if you just get obscurred for his “Death-beam” (otherwise its impossible i think xD)
But the only time i tryed the one in cursed shore , it resetted all the time oO.
that in Malchors is very relaxing i think

Blùb [LuPi]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Bonus gold if you don’t chain reflects like a wimp. E.g I don’t see Vevina being particularly challenging on a Guardian.

Also, solo the Butcher from HotW1, I don’t even know how you’d speed clear him in a party setting…

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

in In-game Events

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

how about Champion Orrian Warrior in Arah? bonus points if you pull the whole room

in In-game Events

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Bonus gold if you don’t chain reflects like a wimp. E.g I don’t see Vevina being particularly challenging on a Guardian.

Also, solo the Butcher from HotW1, I don’t even know how you’d speed clear him in a party setting…

her winds of chaos hurts but that isn’t the only problem. Chaos armor puts lots of conditions (including blinds) and that torch stealth skill hits like a truck. And lets not forget, the chaos storm direct damage is stupidly high especially comparing the the player version chaos storm

Oceanic [LOD]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Legendary Cave Troll in AC is fun, especially while melee’ing.

Kholer could also prove to be somewhat difficult I guess, because adds being a pain and he hits like a truck.

The hound in CM p2 maybe? I actually have no idea about his attacks and what they do, and if he’s hard. Never got around to killing him.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in In-game Events

Dolan.3071

her winds of chaos hurts but that isn’t the only problem. Chaos armor puts lots of conditions (including blinds) and that torch stealth skill hits like a truck. And lets not forget, the chaos storm direct damage is stupidly high especially comparing the the player version chaos storm

You could learn the timing/tell of Chaos Storm so she doesn’t drop it on herself and (double) dodge out of it. Her blink attack is easy to dodge/Block, and I’d hope her auto attack hits for less solo because it won’t bounce. That said I’d still be impressed to see someone solo her Guardian or not, e.g juggling projectiles because SoA would get wrecked by Chaos Storm.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in In-game Events

Wukunlin.8461

You could learn the timing/tell of Chaos Storm so she doesn’t drop it on herself and (double) dodge out of it. Her blink attack is easy to dodge/Block, and I’d hope her auto attack hits for less solo because it won’t bounce. That said I’d still be impressed to see someone solo her Guardian or not, e.g juggling projectiles because SoA would get wrecked by Chaos Storm.

nah winds of chaos is like guardian focus 4, it will bounce between you and her if you solo. It gives random boons to her so it is a bit like the chaos storm lol. Would be funny to see a scepter+torch/staff mesmer solo her. PC MESMER VS AI MESMER

Oceanic [LOD]

in In-game Events

Wukunlin.8461

The hound in CM p2 maybe? I actually have no idea about his attacks and what they do, and if he’s hard. Never got around to killing him.

this is my experience from last year so things may have changed. Only thing I remember is stupid levels of health and armor and aoe fear spam.

Oceanic [LOD]

in In-game Events

Dub.1273

You can dodge the damage of Vevina’s “The Prestige” but it will still apply some seconds of burning which ticks for more than 500 health. You can see that in our Tafu run on ny channel.

For the risen archmage: already done, it was way too easy.
Kholer is easy too as long as you bring a lot of patience, evades and cleave damage. Warrior definitely recommended.

Dub | [rT]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Harrahou.4518

Harrahou.4518

Dub, share some info on other dungeons other than Arah please.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:
Oh Did That Just Happen [Mhmm]

in In-game Events

Dub.1273

The only dungeons that i really know “everything” of are AC (, TA) and Arah.
I’ll share whatever i know when i’m asked to, although i won’t give a summar of detailed information.
gw2dungeons.net instead gives (or will give) a pretty nice overview.

Dub | [rT]

in In-game Events

Wethospu.6437

gw2dungeons.net instead gives (or will give) a pretty nice overview.

Join us. You know you want it.

in In-game Events

Dub.1273

My tactics would be too “casual” for most players watching your guide.

Dub | [rT]

in In-game Events

Dolan.3071

That’s odd I don’t get burning :/
She disappears, I count one two three, do a barrel roll and make it through unscathed. Then whilst congratulating myself on a job well done I get stun locked in a Chaos Storm and give myself more conditions than a Necro in AC trolling the kitten out of me.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in In-game Events

Wukunlin.8461

it’s because I cleansed the burning off you

Oceanic [LOD]

in In-game Events

spoj.9672

this is my experience from last year so things may have changed. Only thing I remember is stupid levels of health and armor and aoe fear spam.

That fight is too easy. But you wouldnt exactly be impressed if I showed you why.

in In-game Events

TheKillerAngel.3596

Do you think Vevina should be a T1 challenge, as opposed to a T2 challenge?

in In-game Events

spoj.9672

Possibly. She is a pain in ze kitten.

in In-game Events

Wethospu.6437

Forward/Up:
Necromancer Orochi (14 mins): http://youtu.be/CiBD67kittena8

in In-game Events

Sanderinoa.8065

Orochi OP please nerf. btw that link you sent for it stinks

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

in In-game Events

TheKillerAngel.3596

The first stone has been cast.

in In-game Events

TheKillerAngel.3596

I may postpone this a bit to accomodate the addition of the new dungeon and add a challenge or two based on its content. What do you think?

in In-game Events

Wethospu.6437

Well, what can I do?

in In-game Events

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

That filter, my god. Can’t link a video.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

as long as I’m here I’ll throw out two ideas I had if u like them keep them if not throw them away.

1) solo sure shot seamus inside the room with the net turrets, no destroying net turrets or using stability.

2) Solo only zuhl final destroyer no leaving its lava font, (this one may be too easy)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in In-game Events

Dub.1273

youtube.com/*kitten*a8

wow.

Dub | [rT]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Well, what can I do?

http://tinyurl.com/

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

in In-game Events

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Hey you can always do an other contest including the new dungeon at a later date anyway
People may need time to learn it first

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in In-game Events

Wethospu.6437

Downed Tank:
Slay any champion or boss while being in downed state. No safe spots.

in In-game Events

spoj.9672

Does that mean the whole fight or just the end?

in In-game Events

Dub.1273

Just the end i hope. I instantly won that challenge the.

Dub | [rT]

in In-game Events

spoj.9672

Yeah lupi + WoR/feedback op. Done that a few time hehe.

Although the other day i did it with a single rock on warrior.

in In-game Events

Wethospu.6437

Are you kidding me? Whole fight obviously.

in In-game Events

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It’s called Downed Tank for a reason.