[EU] OC Community Weekend - April 16th & 17th

[EU] OC Community Weekend - April 16th & 17th

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

Hey peeps!

In just a few days (OH GOD it’s Thursday already!!!), OpenCommunity will be holding a very special Community Weekend celebration!

Join us on the 16th and 17th of April for a two-day celebration with fun events, cool prizes, great laughs and good causes!

Quick info:
Where: EU, TeamSpeak, Tyria!
TeamSpeak address: ts.theopencommunity.com (no password, no talk requirements)
When: Starts at 13:00 CEST, ends at around midnight (both days – drop in at any time)

More information:

What’s a community weekend?
A community weekend is a fun, magical, fantastical, spectacular two days of crazy events, shiny prizes, boss slaying, and just good old fashioned fun!

What’s the occasion?
I’m glad I asked! OpenCommunity is not only celebrating our first birthday, but we’re also holding the event in honor of our charity fundraising month! Throughout the entire month of April we are helping raise funds for The Cybersmile Foundation, a non-profit organization which works to promote a friendlier and more inclusive online environment!

How are you doing the thing for The Cybersmile Foundation?
That’s an EXCELLENTLY phrased question! Throughout the month of April (and May if we end up feeling fancy) we are giving out shiny badges for our forum & TeamSpeak to users who donate to Cybersmile, and on top of that, we are sending 50% of any donations we receive to Cybersmile as well! (The other 50% is used on server, TeamSpeak, forum and website costs for OpenCommunity.)

So what kind of events are there?
We have ALL sorts of events at the Community Weekend! We have done our best to include a varied amount of world boss events, fun / silly events, and slightly more competitive events, for all shapes, levels and sizes of participants! You can check out the full list of events below.

What are the level requirements?
There are NO level requirements. Some events do have recommended levels, though. Wherever possible, we have made sure events happen in starter areas, cities, or city-adjacent areas to make sure as many people as possible can join without much of a hassle. We are also going to be killing some World Bosses, though, so some events have a recommended level ^^

Where is it happening?
The events will be happening all over Tyria, so we’ll be jumping around quite a bit. There is no prescribed server or particular zone required. Most of the static events will be happening in Lion’s Arch or another city so that everyone can access them easily =)

Cool! How do I join?
We will regularly be shouting out in map chat for people to join us from there, and if you’re dropping in from somewhere else, all you need to do is connect to our TeamSpeak:
- ts.theopencommunity.com (or ts.gw2oc.com for short, they both lead to the same place)
We will be taxiing people in from TeamSpeak via a squadjoin ^^ The TeamSpeak is open, there is no password, no silly requirements, and you don’t have to talk if you don’t want to =) But most of the coordination will be happening there so it’s important you can hear us!

Contact info
You can contact me at any time if you have any questions, or just respond to this thread!
In-game: Lelling.6795 (“Lelling”, “Cyan Vei”)
Website: http://www.theopencommunity.com/forum/ you can contact us on our forums =3 (my name there is “Lelling”)

Event schedule
[Times are in CEST (UTC+2)]

Saturday (16th of April)

13:00 – Gathering starts
13:15 – Tequatl the Sunless
14:00 – Triple Trouble
15:15 – Hide and Seek
17:00 – Protect the Quaggans!
18:00 – Belcher’s Bluff Contest
18:00 – Challengenauts! (pending interest)
19:30 – Tonic Race
20:45 – Naked Tequatl
21:20 – Fun Triple Trouble
23:00 – Afterparty!
Sunday (17th of April)

13:00 – Gathering starts
13:15 – Tequatl
14:00 – Triple Trouble
15:15 – Jumping Puzzle Race
16:00 – Scavenger Hunt
18:00 – Improv Challenge
19:00 – Fashion Wars
20:45 – Naked Tequatl
21:20 – Fun Triple Trouble
23:00 – Afterparty!

For more information, you can check out the post regarding the event on our website:
http://www.theopencommunity.com/forum/index.php?/topic/223-opencommunity-spring-community-weekend-16th-17th-of-april/

Other useful links
http://www.theopencommunity.com/ – OpenCommunity, our website ^^
https://www.cybersmile.org/- The Cybersmile Foundation – read more about them, they’re great!

I think that’s everything!
Thanks for reading!

<3
Lelling

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin