in In-game Events

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Just thought I’d let you know….

FYI, GvG's and duels still happening.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

the players are making wvw an esport themselves lol – that’s great!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in In-game Events

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

It is not about that is still happening or not. It is about how fair they can be made at any given time.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in In-game Events

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Bloodlust buff has no outcome on a duel or GVG whatsoever. such a small increase in stats, I barely notice anything if we have all three bloodlust stacks. So yes, it’s still happening.

Gates of Madness

in In-game Events

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Bloodlust buff has no outcome on a duel or GVG whatsoever. such a small increase in stats, I barely notice anything if we have all three bloodlust stacks. So yes, it’s still happening.

I see what you did here.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in In-game Events

Posted by: tsubus.8761

tsubus.8761

+150 power * 20 players = +3000 power.

True, doesn’t affect it at all.

Radese Tagal [PUSH] on Aurora Glade

in In-game Events

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Power, precision, condition dmg, toughness, vitality, healing.

It isn’t bloodlust like you get from a sigil, it’s like celestial without critical damage.

in In-game Events

Mepheles.2087

If you add it up like that, yes it gives the appearance of actually being significant. But only an appearance. It’s still not worth jack.

Gates of Madness

in In-game Events

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

If you add it up like that, yes it gives the appearance of actually being significant. But only an appearance. It’s still not worth jack.

I lol’d…..

Mag Server Leader

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Play without all your trinkets…. that is the difference.

Anyone that says its so small to not be noticeable has no clue how the stat system in GW2 works.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in In-game Events

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

There’s definitely a difference between a player with full Applied Fortitude, Guard Leech, bloodlust, and food buffs than there is between a player with none of those.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in In-game Events

Posted by: BlueViking.7105

BlueViking.7105

I still GvG because thats how i’de like to play the game. Its still great fun, but the buffs do give noticable imbalance. Worst part about the buff is the finger i feel pointed towards us. Belive me i’de be more then happy to play 20v20 deathmatches outside of WvW in a proper arena if we could.

in In-game Events

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

Nice, keep it going … ANet don’t have a clue how to manage their game (talking about pvp in general) they are doing a great job at the Living Story tho …

Unfortunately for pvp players thats bad

in In-game Events

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

It is fantastic the “gvgers” are all bum hurt. Learn to play in open field, not a set up fight.

None of you know how to drive, how to call the right targets, and win outmanned fights in open field uncontrollable circumstances. That is why you all set up “even” fights lol. Man up and stop setting up carebear land behind the windmill running in circles spamming aoe to “areas” lol. I wear my RA kitten helmet when I play too.

Because GvG guilds don’t fight outmanned.. LOL Ask Agg, EP, RE how many times they’vefought outnumbered in the past week. It’s north of 20 btw..

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in In-game Events

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

150 power alone is huge damage increase that I can definitely see on my numbers. Doing 4vs1 is a breeze with the 3 buffs. Yes they are really significant and should be removed ASAP.

And does have influence on the outcome of a GvG, sometimes the win is obvious but not always. But yea, still GvGing. And still loving it.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

It is fantastic the “gvgers” are all bum hurt. Learn to play in open field, not a set up fight.

None of you know how to drive, how to call the right targets, and win outmanned fights in open field uncontrollable circumstances. That is why you all set up “even” fights lol. Man up and stop setting up carebear land behind the windmill running in circles spamming aoe to “areas” lol. I wear my RA kitten helmet when I play too.

Because GvG guilds don’t fight outmanned.. LOL Ask Agg, EP, RE how many times they’vefought outnumbered in the past week. It’s north of 20 btw..

Sorry but sitting around for 2 hours to make 3 videos of a spam aoe special helmet fest is not fun, nor impressive. You take the majority of those “gvg” clubs and bring them down to 5v5 or 8v8, and theyll get worked.

Edit: or theyll show up with cheese group makeups, also not impressive lol.

Here is the thing, If we put together a team of 20, we wouldnt lose….how could you ever lose with 20 people…thats called over abundance.

PAXA -GM

in In-game Events

Feed Me Change.6528

Sorry but sitting around for 2 hours to make 3 videos of a spam aoe special helmet fest is not fun, nor impressive. You take the majority of those “gvg” clubs and bring them down to 5v5 or 8v8, and theyll get worked.

Here is the thing, If we put together a team of 20, we wouldnt lose….how could you ever lose with 20 people…thats called over abundance.

I don’t recall asking you to validate if it was “fun” or “impressive”, you made a point that they are here for ‘even’ fights. I’ve never seen any GvG guild turn down a fight, even when outmanned 80 to 30, my rebuttal, which you cleverly dodged, proved you wrong.

So.. put together a 20 man team and “destroy everyone”.. oh wait you quit the game, so why are you here again?

in In-game Events

Mepheles.2087

Well some people are saying its noticeable, but I have not noticed any difference, whether roaming or zerging. /shrug

Gates of Madness

in In-game Events

Jscull.2514

I don’t recall asking you to validate if it was “fun” or “impressive”, you made a point that they are here for ‘even’ fights. I’ve never seen any GvG guild turn down a fight, even when outmanned 80 to 30, my rebuttal, which you cleverly dodged, proved you wrong.

So.. put together a 20 man team and “destroy everyone”.. oh wait you quit the game, so why are you here again?

First off lol I dont even know who you are, but you know who I am.

Second, I didnt dodge a thing. We came to GW2 to fight people in less than 10 environments. So far, that just isnt what most people want to do. In fact, 95% of the people “GvGing” 5 months ago would have said it was horribly dumb and a waste of time not “ppting”. But they got so bored now its time for the next stage in their pvp experience….“gvg”.

Sitting around for 2 hours to make 3 videos of aoe spam fest sounds worse than the ppt game. When you guys get to play an actual pvp game, you will learn so fast, just how Good you thought you were in GW2 means donky donk anywhere else.

PAXA -GM

in In-game Events

Feed Me Change.6528

Second, I didnt dodge a thing. We came to GW2 to fight people in less than 10 environments. So far, that just isnt what most people want to do. In fact, 95% of the people “GvGing” 5 months ago would have said it was horribly dumb and a waste of time not “ppting”. But they got so bored now its time for the next stage in their pvp experience….“gvg”.

Sitting around for 2 hours to make 3 videos of aoe spam fest sounds worse than the ppt game. When you guys get to play an actual pvp game, you will learn so fast, just how Good you thought you were in GW2 means donky donk anywhere else.

“Fight less than 10 people” and you make WvW the place where you fight? Come on dude… groups like this is exactly why Anet pushed sPvP as an eSport. You are their target market.

Still waiting for the 20 man PAXA team…

PS: Everyone knows you, you spew the same “small man ops is the TRUE way to WvW” stuff over and over. You are playing a game built for casuals yet you play like a hardcore, what did you expect?

in In-game Events

Posted by: AphoticEssance.7592

AphoticEssance.7592

I am not sure why you are so upset that people enjoy GvG. You sound like you need a hug.

I have to totally disagree with you on just about everything you said about GvG. GvG does take skill. Go ahead grab 20 players and challenge a top guild in GvG and see how you will do.

If you do not like that type of game play then play what you like. If you think it takes more skill for 5 v 5 that is fine with me. Do what you like.

Talking down to people on these forums makes you look bad. I play competitively in all types of games. GvG is something I really enjoy in this game and it seems to be the thing that many people of the WvW community likes to do.

The AoE spam argument is just dumb. AoE spam is in every game mode of this game. sPvP is an AoE spam fest as well.

I suggest you go play what you like instead of trying not talk down to an entire community of players who partake in a certain type of play style. Go take you esport elitist attitude elsewhere please.

(edited by AphoticEssance.7592)

in In-game Events

Jscull.2514

Nope. Gvg takes so little skill it’s sick. Instead of wanting to fight doors, all you zergers now want to fight people. That’s a start. Thats where you should have started your gw2 experience but because they acquire sooooo many starter mmoers nothing could be done about this process.

That being said, relying on 19 other guys, is infinitely easier than killing the same 20 with 5-8 guys. Funny thing about all you “Paxa haters” / other real 5 -8 man guilds is we all have videos killing what takes you guys 20. Where’s your videos of your 5 killing 20? Oh wait, it takes you two hours to organize and grab kitten , special helmets, and 20 guys to do it.

We just log on run and make it happen. Enjoy any video of some 8 man guild ruining every gvg we see. Started with last night.

PAXA -GM

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Hrmm PAXA trying to make a name for themselves on the forums again since in game the lasting impression is underwhelming….

Hohum somethings never change……o wait you’re ROAM now

in In-game Events

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

It’s pretty obvious that +150 to all stats is a big imbalance. But that happens only when your server or your opponent’s server has all 3 buffs. Any other combination of buffs shouldn’t be so unbalancing that you can’t have a reasonable match.

The bottom line is gvg is mainly about fun despite the gw2gvg ranking system. Gvg’ing is also the best way I can think of to protest anet’s transparent effort to destroy gvg.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in In-game Events

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

1 orb bonus is the same as a food buff for an ele.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in In-game Events

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Whose the raging kid with the big mouth? Anyways read the sign lads, don’t feed the trolls.

Check out any self respecting guild that gvgs, you will see them take on the whole zone and win on occasion.

But then you’ve got your head up your own kitten you can’t even see beyond your own ego.

A lot of guilds have been playing for fights since release, this “5 months bla bla” crap, you are just full of it. I got plenty of videos showing 8 or so killing way more than 20, and vids of 20+ killing way more than 60. Keep trolling, if you quit a game, quit the forums, stop lurking, it’s kinda sad.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in In-game Events

Posted by: JimJames.5361

JimJames.5361

Let me put my own experience here. We did some GvG’s after the bloodlust update and IMO the effect of it was not noticeable. No guild in the GvG’s had 3 orbs all the time and when they had more orbs the fights were just as hard as the one when we had more orbs. We had lots of fun and didnt even care about this whole bloodlust thingy. I think the guys from TUP can agree with this.

[VII] Brutal Slaps – Warrior of Seventh Legion – Aurora Glade

in In-game Events

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

In another thread I posted that I didn’t look at – nor care about them. GvGs can still go ahead as normal imo. Did I notice the effect, nope VII are a tough bunch to crack, each and every downed from both sides was swings and roundabouts. All comes down to teamwork not the orbs making the difference.

Fun to challenge ourselves against a guild that can put you on the floor with any wrong move. Always nice to fight top quality.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

Nope. Gvg takes so little skill it’s sick. Instead of wanting to fight doors, all you zergers now want to fight people. That’s a start. Thats where you should have started your gw2 experience but because they acquire sooooo many starter mmoers nothing could be done about this process.

If you want to spend some gold and transfer to EU, this GvG guild would be more than willing to humiliate you in a 5v5.

Also, orbs will make a difference, to say they wont is a bit meh. I am sure its possible for a round between us and Scnd to be determined quite heavily by the orbs, cause even one of the rounds was determined by a downed state fight when both sides had 3 down and it was first to rally, if things are that close then stat bonuses do matter. Perhaps competitive gvg is done, if that was ever a thing, but fights can still be had for fun nonetheless.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]