Grand Sacrifice - Cross Server Event

in In-game Events

Posted by: PureNinja.5264

PureNinja.5264

For too long has Devona’s Rest suffered defeat at the hands of the Elder Dragons and the scourge known as Tequatl. We must take action in order to right this injustice and prevent further defeats within our realm. To appease our Dragon overlords we have decided to march from our home in Divinity’s Reach through Kryta, the Shiverpeaks and the Maguuma jungle into Orr, at the gates of Arah and sacrifice Tyria’s most useless, servile and deplorable creature…the pathetic seacow known as the quaggan.

On November 10th at 1pm server time (3pm central, 4pm eastern) we begin our march with the Quaggan sacrifice. We will start in Divinitys Reach, pass through Queensdale, Gendarran Fields into Lornar’s Pass, Mount Maelstrom, into Orr and eventually Arah itself. The march is approximately 4 hours long so food and refreshments will be served before we head out on our journey.

Devona’s will REST NO MORE! After we feed this little blue squishmonster into Zhaitan’s maw we know the Dragon gods will grant us their favor and give us the strength to defeat Tequatl the Sunless. Come and join in our grand sacrifice!!

Come along for a fun time and afterwards we will be attempting to do Tequatl with hopes that the sacrifice has worked. We would love to see a huge turnout for this event and would love to see everyone who shows up.

For more information please feel free to message myself (Runningblade) or Rufusaen Blackstone.

(edited by PureNinja.5264)

in In-game Events

Posted by: JohnWinston.7140

JohnWinston.7140

Looking foward to this – sounds like fun!!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Simple brilliant. I love this. lmao!

in In-game Events

Posted by: God Of Kittens.7308

God Of Kittens.7308

Best idea ever, I cannot wait to be a part of this!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Noooooo! Must organize protest march to save the poor Quaggan…they are already an endangered species! I mean, just look at them!

Polka will never die

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sixty.3426

Sixty.3426

This will be exciting!!!

in In-game Events

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

I’m officially excited about this! By the looks of the Reddit post, a lot of other people are getting really excited too.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1pjrv0/march_on_arah_the_quaggan_sacrifice_sunday/

in In-game Events

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Awwww bummer, I don’t think I’ll be home in time for this… I guess Thor will just have to wait until the following Sunday for my luvins!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in In-game Events

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

I might be mistaken but with Daylight Savings coming up I believe the times would not be…

On November 10th at 1pm server time (3pm central, 4pm eastern)

but rather…

On November 10th at 1pm server time (2pm central, 3pm eastern)

This sentence is false.

in In-game Events

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

Hmmm, I think you might be a tad confused on how Daylight Savings Time works. The entire country (with the notable exception of Arizona) will fall back an hour. So 1PM Pacific Time will still be 2PM Mountain Time, 3PM Central Time and 4PM Eastern.

in In-game Events

BioFringe.7945

Indeed…except that PST will be 12 noon and Server Time will still be 1pm…Thus

1pm Server Time will = 12pm PST, 1pm MNT, 2pm CT, and 3pm EST

Note: Server Time is not affected by DST thus 1pm ST will always be 1pm ST

This sentence is false.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Mooncutter.2907

Mooncutter.2907

I’ve left a message with Rufusaen asking about this, but for now I would say the safe bet is to go by the server time, however Daylight Savings plays out. Hope this helps.

If only all my problems could be solved in flashy, climactic battles.

in In-game Events

JohnWinston.7140

Thank you BioFringe – the event will still be at 1pm server time, and we will change the other time zone as needed!

in In-game Events

BioFringe.7945

No need to adjust anything I guess…I believe that my mistake came from not realizing that server time was based on PST/PDT. I really don’t know what I was thinking to be quite honest. O’well. I plan on taking the day off for the event so I’m highly looking forward to it.

Peace

This sentence is false.

in In-game Events

JohnWinston.7140

The march starts in 2 hours!! Hope you all can make it!