Gw2 Leaderboards (GvG Site and Forum)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Prometheus.6781

Prometheus.6781

Since the closure of GW2GVG.com, the community has started to die.

Myself, and Melcus, members of Semper Dius have been hard at work producing a community site to bring everyone together, as well as a replacement site for GW2GVG.com

Today we have published the forum system, with a plan to launch the site next weekend.

The actual GvG site will allow custom challenges to take place, and ranks your guild using the ELO ranking system (Think Chess, League of legends Etc).

Rb Rating on the leaderboards for team B
Ra Rating on the leaderboards for team A
Ea Expected score for team A
RaN New rating Team A
K A constant variable of 15.
Sa This is a 1 for the team that won, and a 0 for the team that lost.

Using the above we can produce two formulae
Ea = 1/[1+10(Rb-Ra)/400]
and
RaN = Ra+k(Sa-Ea)
Keeping it short, beating a high ranked guild will give you a higher rating than beating a low ranked guild.

To submit a score, you must also post a link to the game on Twitch / a Youtube link (listed or unlisted. It doesn’t matter).
This is to ensure the scores are accurate, and to keep the community happy.

If a video cannot be posted, for whatever reason, then you are free use the discussion box on the Game page to post the result.
This result will only be recorded when BOTH Guild leaders confirm the result.

As I state above, we still have minor work to do on the system, and as such are only launching the forum today. The rest, Hopefully next week.
I’m a full time .Net developer so this is a project produced in my downtime and between raids (Lol).

We look forward to seeing you there

Site Link
Forum Link
Reddit

in In-game Events

Posted by: BeLkin.4817

BeLkin.4817

Hope this will bring life to the GvG scene !

in In-game Events

Posted by: JLoco.6218

JLoco.6218

well best of luck with it

in In-game Events

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

It’s mind-blowing that players need to get out of their ways to implement something that should have been available since the beginning.

[HUE]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Yo, just wanted to say thanks for your work on this and we’ll be doing what we can to promote this here on the NA side of things. Looking forward to the site being up and running and active.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in In-game Events

BeLkin.4817

We appreciate all your effort ! Spread word !

in In-game Events

Posted by: Bee.6239

Bee.6239

Please support this.

Also ANET can u not kittening move this to the kittening section titled “Player events” or “Linksville” because nobody ever kittening goes to look at the stupid kitten in there.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

WWW rank leaderboard would be much more interesting.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Out of curiosity and perhaps I did not read this properly, but when this site goes up are we sending in past GvG records/scores? Or are we starting fresh?

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in In-game Events

BeLkin.4817

Out of curiosity and perhaps I did not read this properly, but when this site goes up are we sending in past GvG records/scores? Or are we starting fresh?

Many guilds that were on the previous leaderboards disbanded or reformed. This is a new fresh start.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Arcan Soulstorm.4356

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

If I interpret the given formula correct, the ratings for equal matches would decline.
For example: guild A and B start with 1000 points. guild A wins, new rating: A = 1000, B=985. As they were equal, guild A would deserve a bonus in rating points.
Then the two guilds directly start another round, A wins again. New rating: A = 991, B = 974. Those ratings are still that close that I would consider the guilds to be equal.

Furthermore I believe it might become a problem that you only consider which team has won, not how good that victory actually was.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

If I interpret the given formula correct, the ratings for equal matches would decline.
For example: guild A and B start with 1000 points. guild A wins, new rating: A = 1000, B=985. As they were equal, guild A would deserve a bonus in rating points.
Then the two guilds directly start another round, A wins again. New rating: A = 991, B = 974. Those ratings are still that close that I would consider the guilds to be equal.

Furthermore I believe it might become a problem that you only consider which team has won, not how good that victory actually was.

So are you suggesting base it off of rounds won/lost like 4-3? I can’t think of another accurate measure for how “good” a fight is.

in In-game Events

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

-snip-

So are you suggesting base it off of rounds won/lost like 4-3? I can’t think of another accurate measure for how “good” a fight is.

Yep, but currently I have more problems with the formula. If someone could explain them for me

in In-game Events

BeLkin.4817

-snip-

Yep, but currently I have more problems with the formula. If someone could explain them for me

We changed the formulas a bit:
Ea = 1/[1+10^((Rb-Ra)/400)]
and
RaN = Ra+G*k(Sa-Ea)

Where G = matches won / total matches

(edited by BeLkin.4817)

in In-game Events

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

-snip-
Where G = matches won / matches lost

Will make problems when a guild wins 5:0 ;-)
Maybe “(matches won + 1)/(matches lost +1)”

€dit:

-Snip-
We changed the formulas a bit:
Ea = 1/[1+10^((Rb-Ra)/400)]
-Snap-

Guild A and B again, both start with 1k Points, guild A wins with 4:1
New rating: A=1000.15 B=996.26, still contains no bonus points for the then better server and “only” a four point fine for the loosing server. In the next round, the results wouldn’t change much, A=1000,15 B=996,08

Furthermore, if guild A has a rating of 1k and B a rating of 692 (the highest difference where excel doesn’t give me an error which would equal “0”), even if Server A would “just” finish 3:2, it would not have any effect on the rating.

€dit2: Forgot a bracket.

(edited by Arcan Soulstorm.4356)

in In-game Events

BeLkin.4817

Ea = 1/[1+10^((Rb-Ra)/400)] – notice the 10 to the power of ..

and yea, for second one : RaN = Ra+G*k(Sa-Ea)
we’ll use your solution. Thanks

This should fix the problem

(edited by BeLkin.4817)

in In-game Events

Prometheus.6781

Just to let people know, as well as the new formula taking rounds won into account, we are also implementing ELO decay similar to league of legends pre-season 2.

This means after a few weeks of not playing – your ELO will start to drop, at a steady rate per week until you play another game, and log your scores.

Your gonna have to fight for you right to call yourselves Number 1

We are 100% on track for a launch before this coming reset.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

And….. Added to their ignore list.

in In-game Events

Prometheus.6781

The site is now Live
Feel free to register, and checkout the FAQ.
http://www.gw2leaderboards.com/FAQ

Please note, the guild leader / officers should be the one to create the account, as a guild can only register once.

Any one can register on the forums

We hope you have a Blast

in In-game Events

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Aaand send back to the wasteland.

Good work on the website Prometheus!

Team Aggression [TA]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Shamski.7645

Shamski.7645

Hey NVP is signed up and hoping for a match tonight against EDGE of NSP. If anyone can get ahold of them and tell them to respond to the challenge on the site it would be appreciated

in In-game Events

Posted by: Shamski.7645

Shamski.7645

NVP of Darkhaven had an amazing fight against EDGE of NSP last night. Thanks again for the hard work on the site. We will have our video posted soon.

And congradulations to EDGE on their win.