Has any Devs taken part in a GvG at all?

in In-game Events

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Q:

Just curious if any of the Devs have ever taken part in or watched a few GvG’s (organized combat)? even if its for research or pleasure or both. Because if anything was in play to maybe make an official arena or what ever in the “unforeseen” future, then if I was a Dev I would probably myself wanna perhaps take part in a few to see what the GvG community likes/needs/wants. Instead of reading suggested posts it could actually be visualized/experienced, and I could almost guarantee you’d enjoy it.

Because personally I would hate it to end up anything remotely like sPvP. I would want flat terrain no obstacles/building/trees, more like a coliseum would be ideal. With a spectators area where skills cant be used and spectators can be kept there as reserves and cant wander into the fight zone unless there is room in your team to do so, and certainly with no capture points, eww, just straight forward head on combat.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

A:

i’ve seen “devs” (at least, people in the ANet guild) at GvGs in several occasions, one told me he loved watching them. he was from TC, can’t remember whom it was. he hadn’t heard of GvG showdown and i directed him to it.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]