Monday Night Portable Temple Crawl

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Who: Portable Corpse is running this.
When: Monday Nights, 9:30 PM Eastern, 6:30PM Server.
Where: Orr. Any and all temples as we are capable of opening, time permitting.
Server: To Be Determined American server — This is determined at event time based on event status of the servers. A post will be made here, and a listing on www.gw2lfg.com will indicate the server.

Various reasons have Portable Corpse on different servers opening temples. Partly to expose people to new content, sometimes just to see what the locals are like, and occasionally to help a friend with Balth on their home server. Mostly tho, the loot and temples don’t care about the server.

Requirements:
A level 78+ character with level appropriate gear of Rare quality or better.
Access to waypoints in all 3 zones of Orr.
At least one skill that can tag multiple foes for damage.
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

First server I went to declined of all things, so I’ve moved things to Crystal Desert, starting with the Temple Lyssa and working down the list.

— Crawl results: Lyssa, Dwayna, Melandru and Arah open. Took a crack at Grenth, but the Keeper had trouble with staying portable. :/ Ah well, perhaps next time.
//Portable Corpse

(edited by Yamagawa.5941)

in In-game Events

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

Thanks Yamagawa. I got 11 Rares inside 2 hours, and content I’d never seen before. A fun eve.

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Not part of the official crawl schedule, but Crawl Right now (11-30-2013 @ 7PM server time) , at Henge of Denravi Starting w/ Lyssa

in In-game Events

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Will there be a crawl tonight?

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Yes, there is a crawl tonight. Gate of Madness, starting right now at Lyssa and working down the line. Getting things rolling now.

After action: 3 temples opened plus Arah (someone nabbed Mel while we were working down the line) .
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Avatar – If I am not able to make a crawl, I will try to post advance notice (one or more days notice of a missed run, when possible). Generally, I pick the server just before the crawl, so that I can select one with some temples not open and with, as best as I can tell, no glitched temples. That last is sometimes hard to tell in advance, but I’ll do what I can to include at least 3 temples in the crawl, and failing that, hit up some other equally epic content. This ‘on the moment’ server selection means that I can’t announce a server in advance. I’ve had…interesting… results in the past when I give advance server notice, I’d rather not pick a venue early and then have no temples to open.
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Tonight’s Crawl is on Ferguson’s Crossing. Starting at Lyssa and walking down the line.
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Ah, I bumped the wrong message… THAT explains alot

Tonights crawl was on Kaening. Managed to hit Every. Single. Temple. Balth included 150 Dragonite extra into my bank… just not too sure what to use it all for.

//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Crawls for December 23rd and December 30th are called off on account of holiday. I’ll still be around, but can’t be sure of time commitments, and I’m sure many of you are the same. If I see enough of my zerg on I may call an impromptu crawl or 3, just no formal times until the new year has started.
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

New Year! Yay. Tonights crawl will be on Eredon Terrace, starting with Melandru. See you there!
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Getting to the bottom of the barel for working Melandrus. While I’ve found a server with working temples, no promises on getting a full set of 5 temples in tonight.
Tonights crawl is on Eredon Terrace, starting at Lyssa. Starting right about now (er, in 2 minutes)
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Looks like the sites for showing event status are currently confused about temples that are open or closed, so I’m taking a stab at Kaening having good temples available for crawling, I’ll be starting things up at Lyssa in about 2 minutes.
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

We still got 4 temples in, despite the event status sites not knowing what was open or closed. Not perfect (the zerg is still learning why you don’t face-tank a Champ Knight…ow), but the temple we missed is Melandru. I have my grumpy face on — It’s the first time in a while since we missed a temple.

I’ll need to make a priority of finishing my own event monitor, so these little hiccups in outside tools don’t affect me, but real life comes first, and that means studying Statistics, Calc, and UI Design.
//Portable Corpse

(Whoever said ‘you don’t use Calculus in real life? Yeah, you know who you are. You lied to me!)

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Tonight’s crawl (starting now) is on Darkhaven. Starting w/ Lyssa…

Crawl complete. 5 temples for 5, although numbers were sparse the entire time. I bet many of you are keeping an eye on the living story. Still, nothing beats a Balth open with small numbers, and we got that on the second push at full morale

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Tonight’s Crawl will be held on Devona’s Rest, starting with Lyssa, 6:30PM Server time. See you there

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Tonight’s crawl will be on Kaening, starting right now at Lyssa! I’ll be seeing you there

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

The crawl for the 17th is cancelled. Barring an extension of circumstances, the next crawl will take place on the 24th of February.
I’d claim ‘holiday’ or such, as I have been expressly forbid from working that day for that reason, but honestly, this is something entirely different. I’d suffered a minor lapse of existance in the last crawl I did, and have managed to chase that back to faulty parts. These parts have not improved since the crawl, rather the opposite.

While a replacement system has been ordered, I am told that they can’t just conjure these from thin air. They actually have to manufacture these things from parts that are themselves manufactured at remote locations from smaller parts and gasp shipped out.

And those smaller parts, where do those come from? Don’t ask, you’ll only find madness down that path.
//Not So Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

No crawl for Monday, February 24th, these are still on hold. :S

Yay: new system arrived.

Boo: not all bits present are bits working.
Crawl on hold at least one more week (possibly 2), while my new computer is given warranty service.

//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Blarg – on hold for another week. Old system – dead, new system on warranty service errand, and the last ditch laptop peaks at 10fps if i stare at a blank wall, experiences long loads, and tends to crash (overheat?)

On the plus side, my kitchen is looking rather sparkly…
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Ok… No new posts here until I have the new system in hand and ready for a crawl. Yes, the crawls will resume. But only after my “next day shipping – overnight freight” system arrives in working order.

Current status: “…and at this time we are currently replacing the motherboard in your system. As the RMA is still being worked on additional items may be replaced.”
//Portable Corpse
q q

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Tonight’s crawl (was) on Gates of Madness. Evidently my post got eaten by the bump warning and I’d failed to notice :S

(Yay my new comp finally arrived (again), and better yet? It’s in working order this time!)
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Tonight’s crawl is on Devona’s Rest, starting now with Lyssa.

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Bit of a late start (tells were wonky for me at login), but starting now on Kaening! Many temples waiting to be opened, see yo utehre.

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

Tonights crawl is on Gates of Madness, starting, as always, at Lyssa in about 4 minutes.
//Portable Corpse

in In-game Events

Yamagawa.5941

With the whole megaserver update, at the moment I can’t tell if any temple is open/closed without walking up to it and asking the priest. I’ll give it time to see how things resolve and whether a working event monitor appears (given the current state of affairs, I strongly doubt this is even possible, as the game UI appears to lack fundamental elements to make that work), but this may be it for temple crawls.

Oh, expect to see me in Orr on Mondays. Just don’t expect me to find many temples to open. At least not while several priests have a ‘Kill on sight’ tag for trait unlocks.
//Portable Corpse