Music Day in LA

Music Day in LA

in In-game Events

Posted by: SonicfanO.2485

SonicfanO.2485

So, I’ve taken up to macro playing with harp (yes i know gasp how dare i i’m such a cheater), but I’ve also noticed that there are other players who don’t play as often. I have only met a handful other players, so my offer to you guys who play the musical instruments (with or without macros) is to have a music day in LA. Just a day where we all spread throughout the city and play our instruments, hosting squads so others may join us in the fun. I do not have a specific day yet, but it would be really interesting to see a city filled with people who love to listen as well as those that love to play various songs.

If you are interested let me know, we can all get together and come up with a time that is best for us all to meet and play. I’m sure there are many of you who would be interested in this kind of event and i’d like to make it an annual thing just as a slice of life of guild wars 2. I know there are many talented players, and there are many who would support this idea.

The only requirements are 1 to have at least one instrument you can play, and 2 y ou have to actually be able to play (either with or without macro use) songs on said instrument and not just sit there spamming the same key over and over.

Looking forward to all of your replies.

Music Day in LA

in In-game Events

Posted by: sakura.7961

sakura.7961

I don’t play an instrument (I didn’t know that was even possible!) but it sounds like a cool idea! I’ll be looking forward to this if it takes off!

More violets, less violence.

Music Day in LA

in In-game Events

Posted by: SonicfanO.2485

SonicfanO.2485

I don’t play an instrument (I didn’t know that was even possible!) but it sounds like a cool idea! I’ll be looking forward to this if it takes off!

Hoping it does a few members showed interest a while back, i wonder if they are still interested.

Music Day in LA

in In-game Events

Posted by: Nyraxx The Necromancer.1728

Nyraxx The Necromancer.1728

Sure, i’m in, do you have a date in mind?

Music Day in LA

in In-game Events

Posted by: Becii.7648

Becii.7648

This would be a very nice Idea maybe if you contact some bigger communities and all work together ther could be sth rly big. Maybe the most musical guild the Minstrel’s Waypoint [Cmaj] would also join. This could even be a world wide event Eu + NA if done right

Music Day in LA

in In-game Events

Posted by: AlexisToran.5719

AlexisToran.5719

I’d be up for coming along if the date works out! I’m a member of [Cmaj] and have a harp on my NA side account, so I’m good to go on either side of the divide, though on NA my higher ping makes it harder to play without errors.

And you should totally try learning to play by hand, it’s a lot more fun that way!

Music Day in LA

in In-game Events

Posted by: Becii.7648

Becii.7648

For a date this would be prob a nice idea:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%AAte_de_la_Musique

but still didnt get if Oct. 1st or June 21th is right x’D

Music Day in LA

in In-game Events

Posted by: Luna Silvae.9208

Luna Silvae.9208

Dude, that sounds awesome! I think I’d be down for that! I have a fairly flexible schedule- aside from work (standard 9-5 job). I’ll keep an eye out for more details! =D

Rhea Elessedil, Sylvari Elementalist/Fae Darkmoon, Human Necromancer
~Dragonbrand~

Music Day in LA

in In-game Events

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

If this day get established, I’d love to share it with our devs to let them know it’s happening. It sounds like a super idea, and I know some of us would love to drop by while it’s going on.

So please let me know if this gets more formally organized, and a date, time, location, etc.

Thanks a bunch!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Music Day in LA

in In-game Events

Posted by: AlexisToran.5719

AlexisToran.5719

Well, if we want to do 21 June, it’s coming up! Anyone else still in? EU or NA?

(edited by AlexisToran.5719)