Newbie, Kit The Traveler Event 9/16

Newbie, Kit The Traveler Event 9/16

in In-game Events

Posted by: pixie.5940

pixie.5940

Newbie~<3

Clop-clop, clop-clop
The repetitive clopping sounds of the yak’s feet helps dull the stinging heat of Black Citadel.
Clop-clop, shuffle-shuffle
The sound of shuffling boots sneaks its way in; every now and then the sounds sync with each other for a fraction of a second.

An exasperated sigh is let out, “Hoo, man! Who knew delivering cargo would be so boring?” The yak grunts in response. “I mean, why’s it gotta be so hot? What’s up with this weather, eh?” The yak simply grunts in response. “Humph, some conversationalist you are…”

Meanwhile, nearby in a dark alley, some no-do-gooders are up to do no good. “Hey, boss. Look over ‘ere. Isn’t that that traveling kit who stoles your gold?”

“Hey, yeah, you’re right. It’s think it’s time for a little impromptu, yet very coincidental, payback! We’re pulling out all the stops for this one. Gregor, give me your last bomb.”

Clop-clop, shuffle-shuffle, tssssssss boom!

An explosion rocked the yak and traveler and startled everyone else nearby. The bandits hooted and hollered while coming from the nearby alley. “Nice throw, boss! You got ‘em dead-on!” A wide smarmy grin was painted on the bandit boss’s face, but it soon turned to a grimace when the smoke cleared, revealing a stumbling cloaked figure.

“What the-? Grrr… Gregor! What kind of bomb was that, anyway?” The bandit boss shouted.

“A…smoke bomb?” Gregor stammered.

“You idiot! Why would you give me a smoke bomb?”

“You asked me for my last bomb, not an explosive. That was the only bomb I had!”

A distant voice shouts, “Uh, guys?! I don’t think this is who we think it is!” The bandits turn to find one of their own being held-up with a dagger to his throat, the previously-cloaked figure stood behind.

“What?! You’re not Kit. Who are you?” The boss demanded.

No longer covering his head, the young-looking man removes his dagger and kicks the bandit toward the boss. “I’m-”

“Rrrrrookie!” A woman’s voice cuts through the air, interrupting every sound in the area. Even the insects now lay silent. Kit and Mr. Sprinkle storm onto the scene. Kit halts in-front of “rookie” while Mr. Sprinkle bowls over the bandits, knocking them all dozens of feet aside.

Kit continues her berating, “How could you let this happen to your first shipment?! I told you to watch your back!”

“They used an explosive on me! How could I possibly have predicted that?”

“It was just a smoke bomb. Also, where is your yak? The poor thing must have run off all terrified.”

The rookie points, “She must have run in that direction. There’s the cart over..turned…” Kit stares daggers at him.

“You lost your first shipment, rookie. You know what you have to do now, right? I’ll go find your yak while you go get more cloth.” Kit ordered.

“Where am I supposed to get more cloth? I can’t just conjure up this stuff out of nowhere. Can you?” The rookie sarcastically stated. Kit looked back at him with a sly grin on her face.

“Okay rookie. You’ll get off this time if you can find your yak. Afterward, I’ll show you how a seasoned Traveler gets things done!”

Adventurers! Kit, or more accurately, her rookie, needs your help. He’s lost his shipment on his first day on the job. In order to show him up, Kit needs to replace the cloth shipment. Please send in 5 pieces of cloth to help replace what the rookie lost due to his obvious carelessness!

pixie.5940 or Kit The Traveler.