Pink Day in LA 2015 - Calling all Volunteers!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yailith.4056

Yailith.4056

Hey all!

It is that time of year again to rally our awesome community to start planning and prepping for Pink Day!

New to the Community and wondering what Pink Day is?

Pink Day is a yearly event in support of Cancer Research and support for those who have lost someone to cancer or currently battling cancer. We get together for 6 glorious hours of awesome fun and encourage players to give back in their own way on this day!

We have a planning meeting on the GW-EN.com TS – T324.DARKSTARLLC.COM:10197

On Sunday – August 16th at 1pm Central Time (GMT -5:00)

What do volunteers do?

Volunteers can do anything from joining us in gathering items ingame for prizes, learning how to run events, spread the word on social media about the event, create videos/awareness posters about the event, donate real life prizes towards the event or record their voice with a message in support of the event! ( A few years ago someone event wrote a song about Pink Day! WOOT!)

When is Pink Day in LA?

We will be announcing the official date in October following the meeting – to keep updated with the event – please follow us @pinkdayinla on Twitter or check back regularly to pinkday.gamergivingback.com ( Still being updated – donation link for this here: http://ccssk.convio.net/goto/pinkday15 ) for details of activities, how to donate, prizes and much, much more!

It is hard to believe that this will already be our 6th year of supporting Giving Back as gamers within the Guild Wars Communities – great job everyone!

Feel free to message me in-game with any questions and if you are going to be in Guild War 1 for nostalgia, contact Lady Edana to see what you can do to help there!

Cheers,

Rhonda aka M A L I B U Barbie (Yailith.4056)
rhonda@gw-en.com
Founder of Gamers Giving Back

(edited by Yailith.4056)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Woot! <3 Pink Day!!!!!

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in In-game Events

Posted by: ayamechan.6578

ayamechan.6578

pink day! yay! <3

in In-game Events

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

I’ll definitely be there! It’s a great cause, plus I have won something (small) each time I’ve contributed.

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us

in In-game Events

Posted by: brom balagon.4903

brom balagon.4903

cant wait, gunna be awesome like last year wo0o0o0o

in In-game Events

Posted by: Missy.6803

Missy.6803

HYYYYPPEEE!!!!! Been excited about this (well since last Pink Day) but planning and giggly since June! It’s a great fun event that can help people all over the world – just like people all over the world play online – and hope to see many in LA <3

~ Scorned Siren ~Tarnished Coast ~
Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] Co-Leader/WvW Commander
espguild.com

in In-game Events

Posted by: Harry Bigglesworth.4825

Harry Bigglesworth.4825

I can’t wait for Pink Day this year! Not only is it a ton of fun but we did great work on the fight against cancer! Come join us if you can! If you can’t donate it’s ok, come help us bring the hype and have fun with us while we do our part to help bring an end to cancer.

in In-game Events

Posted by: xandin myzox.9475

xandin myzox.9475

Gonna be lots of fun. Last year was a blast. Be sure to show up and support a great cause!

in In-game Events

Posted by: silverwind.7034

silverwind.7034

Oh man, it’s that time of year again. Gotta bust out all of those pink dyes because the last one was amazing!

in In-game Events

Posted by: fizzypetal.7936

fizzypetal.7936

Their Twitter feeds says the Pink Day in LA event this year will be on 17 October.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yailith.4056

Yailith.4056

Yes – that is when the event will be! This post is about recruiting volunteers for the event

Our next meeting is September 13th – we still need some more EU volunteers! Contact me ingame if you or your guild wants to volunteer!

To answer many private messages in one message – we are accepting ingame donations via ingame mail. If you plan on donating a large amount of gold – please contact us before doing so, we might arrange to purchase items so we are not gold locked for a week!

Cheers,
Rhonda

in In-game Events

Posted by: KireiWa.6195

KireiWa.6195

I am excited to be a part of the team! I can’t wait to get things rolling and I am doing my best to get all the shiney loots set up for you guys!

in In-game Events

Posted by: fizzypetal.7936

fizzypetal.7936

Have sent you an ingame mail