Pink Day in LA 2016- Official Thread

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yailith.4056

Yailith.4056

Hello everyone!

Pink Day in LA (Lion’s Arch) is just around the corner and we wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of the details about this amazing charity event!

What is Pink Day in LA?

Pink Day in LA is an event that was created to support members in and out of our community who have lost someone or are currently battling cancer. This event started in 2010 as an official fundraiser created by the Guild Wars community. Our goal is to continue to raise money for Research – while educating individuals about global programs and providing support within our video gaming community for all.

Where and When?

October 22nd, 2016 , beginning at 12pm Central (6pm GMT) and ending at 6pm (12am GMT)

NA and EU Servers – we will have 2 Megaservers supported on each area. Watch the LFG tool or join our our various squads that day to join us!

What should I expect at Pink Day and where are the details?

There are going to be several events at Pink Day like:

- Costume Contest
- Diving Competitions
- Human Darts (yes, we know it sounds rough- but it is fun!)
- Strike a Pose ( for all the Divas in our community)
- SPVP Tournament (Sign-ups will be on our website during the first hour of the event!)

Social Media and Livestreaming

If you want to stay up to date on all things pink day please follow us here:

@pinkdayinla
@gamergivingback

Official Website: pinkday.gamergivingback.com

Tweeting about Pink Day? Use #pinkday2016

( WE WANT TO SEE YOUR SCREENSHOTS! – Show us your pink!)

Livestreams:

Check out the front page of pinkday.gamergivingback.com on the day of the event to watch both NA and EU event action – as well as livestreams of the SPVP tournament as it happens on both NA and EU as well!

Let us know you are attending!

RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2055845274640045/

How do I donate to the cause?

Prizes?!?!

It is important to know that while this event is a charity event – we of course want to celebrate and reward people for being part of the cause! So far we have at least 10 legendaries that are going to be given away, several pre-cursors and tons of other “surprises” up our sleeves.

Save up your monies for October 22nd – because it will be worth it to donate throughout the day and did we mention that if you donate $10 or more that day to the cause you get a chance to win a real life prize?

Check the details here:

http://pinkday.gamergivingback.com/prizes.html

DONATE HERE: http://ccssk.convio.net/goto/pinkday2016

Can I win prizes even if I can’t afford to donate?

YES – that is why we have the events! You come out in Pink – participate and be kind to others, who knows what you might win

Are there events going on in Guild Wars 1?

YES – Details are also on our website, but make sure to check out the ESSAY Contest and IRON CHEF Contest details as well – Deadline is October 15th !

BARUCH BAY

Did you know your server is hosting it’s own Pink Day this year?! Check out the details here:

http://baruchbay.eu/pinkday/

BTW – We have a little server competition going on as well, so make sure that you write your server name on the Honour Scroll when you donate! Let’s see what server can raise the most money! #bringit

Feel free to ask any questions or if you want to donate in-game items on behalf of yourself or guild – hit me up ingame via mail – Yailith.4056

Thanks again to our many volunteers and community sites for making this happen!

More details will be posted about event day Teamspeak servers etc closer to event day!

Happy Gaming!

Rhonda aka Malibu Barbie

Attachments:

(edited by Yailith.4056)

in In-game Events

Posted by: cunningowl.8024

cunningowl.8024

Cancer Fightin Norn twin brother. Cancer Fightn Norn, has made the leap from N/A to across the pond to E/U. I’ll see everyone on both servers.

Attachments:

(edited by cunningowl.8024)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

OpenCommunity is happy to be involved this year as one of the two official EU hosts! ^^

We’ll be doing all our events at the same time as our American friends, which means for us, Pink Day starts in the evening at 20:00 CEST (18:00 UTC), so we’re organizing some extra events earlier in the day to get ourselves in the pink day spirit and for those who can’t make it later in the evening!

We’ll be kicking off with events at around 14:00 CEST and keep going all the way until Pink Day in LA officially starts internationally at 20:00!

You can join us by hopping onto our TeamSpeak at ts.theopencommunity.org – the TS is not passworded, it is open to all and users don’t have to speak, but unlike Pink Day which is done via GW-EN and say chat / map chat, our organizers will be using mainly voice chat to coordinate events, so it’s important you can hear what’s happening!

Check out our infopost on pinkday at www.theopencommunity.org/pinkday!

Hope to see you there, EU peeps! (And much love to our NA friends <3)

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin

(edited by Lelling.6795)

in In-game Events

Posted by: NecroNatasmai.6873

NecroNatasmai.6873

I can’t wait. Last year was awesome and the PvP tourny is going to be a lot of fun. Hope to see you there – THINK PINK

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: NeoGladiator.1954

NeoGladiator.1954

I’m looking forward to Pink Day again this year. Always awesome to see the communty come together for these events. Will be hosting the Pink Day pre party, cant wait to kick off the event this year. Super excite! Much wow! CHOO-CHOO! #pinkday2016
See you there!
- Tylos

in In-game Events

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

We are so happy that this event is taking place again this year. Thanks to everyone who is involved, and to all who contribute to such a worthy cause!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in In-game Events

Posted by: Daniel Frozenwind.2946

Daniel Frozenwind.2946

Good luck for today guys and gals.

Thank you for everything you do for the community and for the charity!

This Snowman sends his support.

One (1) Snowman Helm required. 100k + XXX Ecto.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This was an amazing event, even more fun for my not having realized it was being held until I happened on it. I do like it every year, just didn’t know it was today. The new DJ did a great job, too; I hope Barbie had more time to actually enjoy things in game thanks to not having to coordinate it all while keeping up the banter.

Thanks, PINK. You guys are fantastic. I am now officially over my funk at missing the dev event on Tuesday