Pink Day in La 2013

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yailith.4056

Yailith.4056

Hello Everyone!

I bring you many greetings and much excitement from the Gamer’s Giving Back team! We will once again be hosting Pink Day in La in Lion’s Arch of both Guild Wars 1 and 2.

Never heard of Pink Day? Here is what we are about:

Since 2007 – The Guild Wars Community has been gathering in Lion’s Arch during a special day in October to raise up awareness for Cancer! In 2010 – Gamer’s Giving Back decided to make this event a fundraiser in support of Breast Cancer Research and Awareness. To date – we have raised over $40,000 towards the cause supporting the Canadian Cancer Society. Last year we had over 150 volunteers from the Guild Wars 1 and 2 Communities that helped out and they were amazing!

Why the Canadian Cancer Society?

We chose this group because I , M A L I B U Barbie, hail from Canada and they have an International Campaign as well.

When is this event?

October 19th from 12pm-6pm Central (-6 GMT)

Can my guild or myself an individual help out?

Of course! We will be having another Volunteer meeting on September 21st on the GW-EN Ventrilo – email admin@gw-en.com if you want more information about how to be involved.

Where can we find all the links and more information about the event?

You can check out the Pink Day in La Official Website here.

Okay this sounds amazing so far – are their events and/or prizes involved?

Yes and Yes! We will be posting the official hosting servers after our September 21st meeting, along with the somewhat complete donation and ingame prize list! You will have several ways to win:

1. Tuning in via the Gaming World Entertainment Network Radio Stream .

2. Donating $10 CDN or more to the event donation page which can be found here .

If you do so – you will be able to choose a number from 1-1000 and have a chance to win from a large number of amazing prizes! The list will be updated with photos through September and October as we are still receiving donations – so check back often! See the rules about the Donation Prizes on the official Pink Day website!

• DONATE BEFORE THE END OF SEPTEMBER TO BE ENTERED IN FOR AN EARLY BIRD PRIZE DRAW (you still are eligible for the donation prize list as well) If we reach our early goal of $1337.00 we will make the draw, we promise that the winner of the early bird prize will NOT be disappointed!**

3. Participating in the many events that will be going on ingame on the servers that are participating – check back after September 21st to see if your server is hosting or where to guest! Prizes will include both ingame and real life prizes.

I am from a European Server – am I going to be able to participate?

Yes – we already have at least 3 European servers participating and we will ship any Real Life prizes to other countries – including Australia and New Zealand! So no one will get left out!

I am poor and really can’t donate to the event- can I still win things and help out?

ABSOLUTELY! The best way to show your support is to come out to Lion’s Arch on October 19th and wear pink! Spread the word and check out the media kit on our website. There are a number or posters and pictures you can sport on your Twitters, Facebooks, Websites etc etc.

ALSO – Follow us @PinkDayinLa and use #Pinkdayinla to spread the word! We want the entire Guild Wars Community to know about this event and be able to support the cause and win the prizes! We make several announcements here as well!

Can you give us a sneak peek on the prizes for the event?

Yes – some of the items you can look forward to:

• 2 Guild Wars 2 Pocket Watches that are engraved – 1 North American Winner and 1 European winner
  • 1 Guild Wars 2 Collector’s Edition
  • 1 Arenanet Autographed Steel Series Mouse Pad
  • Guild Wars 2 Artbooks
  • 1 Portal Gun from Portal \o/ (The cake might be a lie, this is not!)
  • Several T-Shirts from Guild Wars 2, Rift and Wildstar!
  • Elder Scrolls Online Swag!
  • Ingame Codes – including Gems and Mini Mr. Sparkles!
  • 1 Autographed Jonathan Coulton T-Shirt
  • Defiance Artbooks and Ingame Codes
  • Steam Games!

and much much more! (Did we mention that we have been gathering ingame items like crazy? Ectos anyone?)

Let’s paint Lion’s Arch Pink – October 19th! See you there or be eaten by a Charr (Just kidding – but we might just give you over to Scarlet to turn you into soup) :o

Rhonda aka M A L I B U Barbie and the Gamer’s Giving Back team!
@Gamergivingback
rhonda @gw-en.com
www.gamergivingback.com and www.gw-en.com

(edited by Yailith.4056)

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Besides all the different things mentioned above – we will have a complete event list posted by the end of September with a variety of games and competitions.

As mentioned above – this thread and our webpage will be updated several times between now and October 19th – so keep checking back for more updates and announcements! You never know what might happen this year!

We want to thank everyone in the community who has donated ingame items and real life prizes to the event, along with the video game companies that have generously supported us once again! Most of all we want to thank Arenanet for fully supporting us by letting us do this event in their game year after year and supporting the cause!

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Salvorin.6127

Salvorin.6127

“Where can we find all the links and more information about the event?
You can check out the Pink Day in La Official Website here.”

The link in this sentence does not work.

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Okay – all the links are updated! Sorry about that – thanks for pointing that out Salvorin – appreciate it!

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: NeoGladiator.1954

NeoGladiator.1954

Yay! Pink Day in LA! So excited, everyone should be involved! I will be there donning pink garb, and joining in the festivities XD.

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Quirquie.9301

Quirquie.9301

I am so excited, I already got my gear all pink on my Ele with a pink staff and a pink backpack!

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Salvorin.6127

Salvorin.6127

Okay – all the links are updated! Sorry about that – thanks for pointing that out Salvorin – appreciate it!

Nice! Thank you.

Sal

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Serinetempest.9027

Serinetempest.9027

I have been involved with this event for the last 4 years. I first got involved in it because of my kids dad died of cancer. ( I know this is for breast cancer but any cancer hits the same way. ) then I met my best friend Jeanie ( ingame name Sadie ) Her sister had stage 4 cancer and was a hard battle. with in a few weeks finding out her sister had stage 4 she found out she had cancer as well but stage 1 or 2. She lost her sister and her cancer went into remission. Well long story short she got it back and it was spreading. She fought with all her heart and always always had a possitive attitude, always made sure her friends was doing great. she was more worried about her family and friends then herself. We lost her this year in April and it broke my heart. But then I heard her voice in my head sis head up stand strong and smile we will meet again. This year I am doing this for her. She loved to party, dance, and talk with all kinds of ppl in game. So if your on Darkhaven Server contact me looking for helpers to make this a great event for our server! If you are not on Darkhaven I know we need people to help on other servers as well. Come join us!

ps Sorry for the spelling and rambling I am very tired been farming things up for give aways and talking to people. Things are getting blurry lol again sorry.

MGW Guild

(edited by Serinetempest.9027)

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Rocket Dog.2710

Rocket Dog.2710

I actually transferred to another server last year just to go to this event and it was totally worth it!! I met some really nice and awesome people and got to participate in some fun events like a diving contest and scavenger hunt! All of the money goes to such a good cause, too!

We all know someone whom has been affected of afflicted with cancer and it reaches into each of our lives. What better way to honor both survivors and those we have lost, support a worthy endeavor, and have fun while doing it too!

Hope to see all of you wonderful people out there for Pink Day in LA 2013!!! This is going to be awesome!!! =) =)

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Kovac.4372

Kovac.4372

I actually had an idea for this Pink day but I never thought it much trough.

I figured we do a marathon …. players get dressed in pink, and run from Divinit’y Reach down to the gates of Arah … we could all equip Beacon of Kryta to make it a torch bearing thing

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Just a reminder to everyone that we will be having a volunteer meeting on September 21st at 1pm Central on the GW-EN Ventrilo!

Also – we got donated 2 Steelseries GW 2 Keyboards today for the prize pool! Super exciting <3

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: KAZ.7623

KAZ.7623

yays cant wait I love me some pink

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

Looking forward to this. Pink Day is always one of our favorite events.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Just a heads up that the 2nd volunteer meeting is tomorrow at 1pm Central time on GW-EN ventrilo! If you are interested in helping host a server or want to find out more information – please attend! If you need the ventrilo information – send an ingame mail to me! Thanks! – Rhonda

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

http://pinkday.gamergivingback.com/prizes.html – Here is the donation prize list so far! It is being updated almost Daily…LOL!

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

Got pink?

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

Donated a few days ago. Time to shop for the perfect Pink-themed dye combos

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Krathor.9514

Krathor.9514

Big love to this event.

Commander Duke Witherheart [RPS] on EU.

Blog (updated daily!): http://duke-w.tumblr.com

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

Awesome job there, i will be here, for sure !

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Wild World Dev is supporting this event whit an banner in our Dragon Timer app for iOS. Also our guild TLFKY will join the event .

It would be cool if Arena net would sell pink dye packs and donate that money to the cause.

Attachments:

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: nickelton.1924

nickelton.1924

The Requiem of the Dead [REQ] is supporting this event! We’re asking all our members to dye our armor pink and we may help TKT and TAC with organizing the LA Pink Day in Gandara!

http://req.shivtr.com/news_entries/177900

Keep up the good work and raise some more awareness!!

Officer in the Requiem of the Dead [REQ] ~ req.shivtr.com

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

Hello everyone,

Some of you may know me as a PvE world event commander, while others will call me an achievement seeking forum warrior, and yet more call me the reckless pug commander. But today, I approach everyone as a single player who is here to fight once more in the color pink.

Breast Cancer is serious business. While there is one month dedicated to awareness, raising money, and a fight to find a cure (or a fight against cancer as you can call it) – many people with Breast Cancer DON’T have the luxury to just ignore it after the month of october passes. We as gamers need to realize that we CAN make a difference – that by donating monies we CAN fight year round, instead of just showing our colors during this one month.

Whether you are whining about a 2v1 or numbers vs skill in WvW, PvT wars in dungeon speedclears, no communication in high level fractals, a random agroing all the mobs on you in general PvE, or DNT wars or AI masters in PvP I want you to know that you need to help now.

“I’m not rich and my $5 – $10 isn’t going to help”.

You have the $5 bill in your hand as you pay for a coffee, You have a tenner ready to cover the cost of lunch. If only one person donated $5, sure it wouldn’t help, but its NOT JUST YOU. And this was never about you. It was about US (we as a gaming community) and the bulk donations we can do RIGHT NOW. Maybe you didn’t want to help cure Breast Cancer before, and I can’t blame you if you just want to leave this web page uncomfortable or defiant. But maybe, just maybe, you’ll help this cause.

Under this initiative Sea of Sorrows Server has raised over $1,000 for this cause, a server I call home. This server has over a thousand players and thats ONLY a single dollar per player to raise such an amount. I understand if you are not made of money, or are yourself living from paycheck to paycheck, but your server by far is the biggest resource which can give.

The particular fundraiser we have chosen to support is Pink Day in LA. I challenge all other servers to match the SoS donation in the sum of $1337.42 CND by simply placing #(server motto) after their donation name.

Sincerely,
Vox Shatterfall

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Okay folks here are some fine details to add to everyone at the top of the thread!

Hosted Servers :

North American:

*Henge of Denravi

*Stormbluff Isle

*Sea of Sorrows

*Tarnished Coast

*Northern Shiverpeaks

*Darkhaven

*Sanctum of Rall

Gate of Madness * This server still needs more volunteers – if people are interested email Rhonda@gw-en.com

European:

*Aurora Glade

*Piken Square

*Desolation

*Gandara

The Schedule:

*12:00pm – Kickoff the event on-air with greetings!
First Crafting Request
*12:30pm – On-air Interview with the Canadian Cancer Society
*12:45pm – Second Crafting Request
*1pm- Start the Pink Day Race
*1:15pm – Third Crafting Request
*1:30pm – Race should still be on-going or we read Results and do the draws
*2:00pm – (pending Race time finishes)
- Fourth Crafting Request
*2:30pm – STRIKE A POSE Competition
*2:45pm – Fifth Crafting Request
*3:00pm – Dj Switches On-air ( Refresh Radio Streams if needed)
*3:30pm – Sixth Crafting Request
*4:00pm – Seventh Crafting Request – DIVING COMPETITION
*5:00pm – Eighth Crafting Request
*5:15pm – Guild Wars 2 wide Conga Lines / Screenies to Twitter/Facebook or Pink Ribbons and Hearts
*5:30pm – Thank Yous and Final Announcements
*6:00pm – Kick off After Party!

THE EVENTS!

Crafting Competition

All 8 professions will be able to compete for fantastic prizes- the key to being able to doing this is tuning into gw-en.com, listening well and crafting so fast that not even a Skritt would notice!

Pink Day in La Race

Every server will have a start and a finish – 3 winners will emerge from each server to claim prizes from a pool of Steam Codes, RL items and Gemstone codes! :D Each server will announce where to start and your task will be to figure out how to finish :)

Strike a Pose

We all know each of us have the BEST looking characters around – now it is time to PROVE IT. Join your server and each of the 3…..interesting…judges to see if you have what it takes to take the top prize when you pause your character for a moment or admiration by all your ……fans :)

Diving Competition

Back by popular demand and well we just simply love watching people jump off high things….compete for a variety of prizes! Everyone that dives will be rewarded something :D If you come out on top – real life prizes and codes will be rewarded :D

The Server Challenge :

Sea of Sorrows is currently challenging all other servers to meet or beat their $1337.42 donation! Simply donate with your ign name to the cause and post your local server next to your name when you do! Which server is going to rise to the top!? :D

Up to date details can always be found via Twitter – @pinkdayinla or on our website pinkday.gamergivingback.com

Don’t forget that some prizes are going to be given out via Twitter and if you use the #pinkdayinla -you can send our messages to everyone via Guildwars2live.com :D

See you on the 19th and remember…WEAR PINK

Rhonda <3

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Oh and before I forget, we have prizes set aside for on-air listeners as well! We can’t wait to spoil everyone! If you can’t join us on our servers as a guest- don’t fret- start a mini party in your own Lion’s Arch and tune into gw-en.com for your chance to win those and participate in the donation prizes, twitter contests and facebook contests!

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Wild World Dev is supporting this event whit an banner in our Dragon Timer app for iOS. Also our guild TLFKY will join the event .

It would be cool if Arena net would sell pink dye packs and donate that money to the cause.

That is amazing – thanks guys! – Rhonda

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Here is another update to the prizes that will be updated later tonight on our website!

Here is the list being added to the Donation Prize Pool :

- 2 Guild Wars 2 toasters (yes, toasters..we kid you not)
- 2 Guild Wars 2 hats
- 2 Guild Wars 1 artbooks
- 4 Steelseries Guild Wars 2 mousemats
- 4 decks of Guild Wars 2 collectible cards
- 1 Sea of Sorrows book
- 2 Guild Wars 2 bandanas
- 2 Large Guild Wars 2 T-Shirts
- 2 Extra Large Guild Wars 2 T-Shirts
- 2 Extra Large Guild Wars 2 Hoodies
- 4 Guild Wars 2 stickers (I can’t really make out what’s the use of
these things. They are quite huge!)
- 2 Guild Wars DeathAdder Razer mice
- 2 Guild Wars 2 notepads + Guild Wars 2 Stickers
- 1 Guild Wars 2 Notepad + Guild Wars 2 Bandana
- 2 Heroic Editions of Guild Wars 2

The Pink Day in LA Race Prize Pool:

1st Place Winners get to have their names drawn first from the prize pool!

2nd and 3rd Place Winners will be drawn afterwards to receive prizes from the list!

• 1 Batman Arkham City Artbook
• 2 GW 2 Launch T-Shirts
• 2 Wildstar T-Shirts
• 2 Bethesda Lanyard Packs
• 6 Mini Mr. Sparkles
• 4 Rift T-Shirts
• 2 Gemstone Cards (1 European and 1 American)
• 4 European Ingame Costume T-Shirt Codes
- 1 Guild Wars 2 Artbook
- 1 Guild Wars 2 Large T-Shirt
- 1 Guild Wars 2 X-Large T-Shirt
- 1 Guild Wars2 Steelseries Mousepad
- 2 Guild Wars 2 Bandanas
- 2 Guild Wars 2 Notepads + Guild Wars 2 Stickers
- 1 Guild Wars 2 Hat
- 1 Sea of Sorrows Book

33 prizes in total to be won – 11 Servers – 3 winners from each server!

Strike a Pose and Diving Competition Special Rewards

1 Person from each of these events – from each server will be randomly selected to win a GW 2 T-Shirt Code or a Mini Mr Sparkles Code

11 Servers Hosted – 22 code Prizes available to be won!

All Participants in these 2 events will receive something from our in-game loot stashes provided by each host server just for playing! ( They are amazing!)

That is not all – Guild Wars 1 in-game Trivia on Trade Chat will feature Real Life Guild Wars Loot to be won! So make sure to be in Lions’ Arch international 1 that day

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: nickelton.1924

nickelton.1924

Pink Day is almost here!!

1. Exited!

(Did I do the #-thing right? haha)

Officer in the Requiem of the Dead [REQ] ~ req.shivtr.com

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: TeriLK.8910

TeriLK.8910

You guys are amazing for putting this together Glad I’ll be able to finally catch it this year, can’t wait.

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I’ll be hosting things on Desolation EU so hope to see some of you there I’ll post some screenshots here from the event.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

If any more overflows are needed – please contact me or another leader of TTS – we are happy to assist!

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

By the way if you’ve never checked out Pink Day before you should really come along.

I’ve been aware of it before but this is the first time I’ve properly joined in with everything and it’s a lot of fun. The fact that it’s for a good cause is pretty cool too.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

What is the current DJ’s IGN nick? I failed to catch it..

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I want to thank Rhonda for organising this great event but also I want to thank the community. The moment Rhonda asked on the radio for one minute off silence in memory of Sadie, at least on my server mapchat was dead for a full minute. A moment I was proud to be an Gandarian

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

I want to thank Rhonda for organising this great event but also I want to thank the community. The moment Rhonda asked on the radio for one minute off silence in memory of Sadie, at least on my server mapchat was dead for a full minute. A moment I was proud to be an Gandarian

Henge of Denravi was completely silent as well – very proud moment!

I just want to take this time to thank everyone for their contributions towards the event! Whether it was through donations , pitching in as a volunteer, donating in-game items or just wearing pink for the cause and spreading the word – you all were part of a big thing! Showing that gamers do care <3

We were just under $10,000.00 in donations last time I check – but will be over that amount with the final totals that need to be added as I had some cash donations as well in person! That is simply fantastic!

With that – anyone who still wants to donate and be eligible for prizes on the donation list – you have until November 1st – at Midnight Central Time.

thank you and see you next year!

PS – all winners from the race and the ingame events will be contacted about their prizes either Sunday night or Monday night – thanks for your patience as we get in all the names and do the draws!

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

PS – all winners from the race and the ingame events will be contacted about their prizes either Sunday night or Monday night – thanks for your patience as we get in all the names and do the draws!

Oh cool, I was going to ask about that. And not just because I think I might be one of them. The race was one of my favourite parts and it feels incomplete without knowing who won.

Excellent work there by the way, the clues were extremely well done and it was fun re-visiting some of the more out of the way places in LA.

(Also keeping my fingers crossed for a mini Mr. Sparkles!)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sparrow.2946

Sparrow.2946

I was not sure where to post it but here we go, this was Pink Day in LA in Aurora Glade Hope you enjoy it!

The SparrowsJourney | Aurora Glade [EU]

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sapphirine.1023

Sapphirine.1023

Not at all meaning to be impatient or to stress anyone – I’m sure all of this involves a lot of work – I was just wondering, have the prizes for the race and the other ingame events been drawn yet?

And Sparrow, I love that video! Even saw myself in it, hehe.

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Krathor.9514

Krathor.9514

I’ve posted my pictures from the event on AG here! It was a great night!

Commander Duke Witherheart [RPS] on EU.

Blog (updated daily!): http://duke-w.tumblr.com

Pink Day in La 2013

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sparrow.2946

Sparrow.2946

Not at all meaning to be impatient or to stress anyone – I’m sure all of this involves a lot of work – I was just wondering, have the prizes for the race and the other ingame events been drawn yet?

And Sparrow, I love that video! Even saw myself in it, hehe.

You’re free to “tag” yourself in the comments section eheh

The SparrowsJourney | Aurora Glade [EU]